• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Question..... as I can't find this information on any of the wikis.

Many attack abilities have designations such as: 180% ST Physical Attack

What does ST stand for?

Rootbeer

Banned
My current team is ex death, celes, kefka, garland, and fina.... No chizuru on all my 15 pulls :'(
I know that feel... I'm just gonna put it out there, i did 40 pulls trying to get her. Haha! But I'm not going to invest anymore. I'll just hope to pull her on a random pull at some point down the line. I got plenty of units I wanted while trying for her though. Anyways, while she might be great now, she will be outshined by other units (including Exdeath and Cecil) down the road.

Oh, and Ribbon is DEFINITELY going to be mine in the not-so-distant future since I have 5 Kefka now. Hehe.

And I just want to say how much I love Fina considering she's a 'free' unit. She's incredible! I know Rain becomes more or less top tier once he gets his 6* form, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

(Oh, reposting my ID for the new page: 210,807,551)

There is some datamined/translated banners here.
But then they are showing characters we already got in upcoming "New Allies", so we don't know what to expect.

Like this one :

vTLlQpq.png

this one is cray and has a date on it too.

VwjWGNA.png

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah I'm wondering if some of those banners are going to be revised since units such as Chizuru won't be 'new' anymore, although 'new' can be interpreted many ways so perhaps not.

Visceir

Yeah I'm wondering if some of those banners are going to be revised since units such as Chizuru won't be 'new' anymore, although 'new' can be interpreted many ways so perhaps not.

All those banners are from the JP version that were translated for some reason. I doubt most of them will actually happen in GL.

Valentus

isnt the gold set already available por like 75 dollars?

Anyway, it looks like almost all the people in JP paid the 10.000 lapi for ATK+30%

Hey guys, i'm kinda lost in terms of team building right now, here is my pool of characters :

Vaan (4*)
Vivi (4*) + Vivi (3*)
Kain (4*) + Kain (3*)
Galuf (4*) + Galuf (3*)
Kuja (3*)
Krile (3*)
Golbez (3*)
Penelo (3*)
Maria (3*)
Sabin (3*)
Shadow (3*)
Rydia (3*)
Clyne (3*)
Terra Magitek (3*)
Gilbert (3*)
Rakshasa (3*)

If someone have some ideas, it would be much appreciated ! Thanks !

Technically hes the best mage in Global damage wise. You would still prolly want ExDeath tho bc he gets a 6* and his limit break gives status ailments

I have almost 5k, but I'm scared I'm gonna waste that for 9 Shadows

Thanks ! But unfortunately, no Kefka (or ExDeath) in what i just pulled :(

scarlet

Hey guys, i'm kinda lost in terms of team building right now, here is my pool of characters :

Vaan (4*)
Vivi (4*) + Vivi (3*)
Kain (4*) + Kain (3*)
Galuf (4*) + Galuf (3*)
Kuja (3*)
Krile (3*)
Golbez (3*)
Penelo (3*)
Maria (3*)
Sabin (3*)
Shadow (3*)
Rydia (3*)
Clyne (3*)
Terra Magitek (3*)
Gilbert (3*)
Rakshasa (3*)

If someone have some ideas, it would be much appreciated ! Thanks !

Thanks ! But unfortunately, no Kefka (or ExDeath) in what i just pulled :(

Reroll?

Rootbeer

Banned
Don't settle on anything with less than 2 or 3 excellent characters. Rerolling is really fast and easy right now. Don't waste the opportunity! After the 17th the gravy train is over.

Valentus

Vaan (4*)
Vivi (4*) + Vivi (3*)
Kain (4*) + Kain (3*)
Galuf (4*) + Galuf (3*)
Kuja (3*)
Krile (3*)
Golbez (3*)
Penelo (3*)
Maria (3*)
Sabin (3*)
Shadow (3*)
Rydia (3*)
Clyne (3*)
Terra Magitek (3*)
Gilbert (3*)
Rakshasa (3*)

you cant do much with this lineup... reroll like hell and tell us how did it go.

Don't settle on anything with less than 2 or 3 excellent characters. Rerolling is really fast and easy right now. Don't waste the opportunity! After the 17th the gravy train is over.

I'm a bit confused as to how to reroll - I am logged in with my real Facebook account and have made decent progress.

If I decide to reroll, I'll lose all this progress right? and I have to log out of my real account and start a new game then log in to the dummy?

hitmon

I'm a bit confused as to how to reroll - I am logged in with my real Facebook account and have made decent progress.

If I decide to reroll, I'll lose all this progress right? and I have to log out of my real account and start a new game then log in to the dummy?

Your current progress will be tied to your real facebook account since you already linked it. Logout and you should be able to reroll. Just sign back into your real facebook account if you don't like the second roll, then logout of the account again to reroll.

Irnbru

I know that feel... I'm just gonna put it out there, i did 40 pulls trying to get her. Haha! But I'm not going to invest anymore. I'll just hope to pull her on a random pull at some point down the line. I got plenty of units I wanted while trying for her though. Anyways, while she might be great now, she will be outshined by other units (including Exdeath and Cecil) down the road.

Oh, and Ribbon is DEFINITELY going to be mine in the not-so-distant future since I have 5 Kefka now. Hehe.

And I just want to say how much I love Fina considering she's a 'free' unit. She's incredible! I know Rain becomes more or less top tier once he gets his 6* form, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

(Oh, reposting my ID for the new page: 210,807,551)

Fina is amazing , love her haha. As much as I'd want to reroll for a chizuru and ex death in one... The combo of celes with focus,ex death, kefka and replacing garland with rain once rain gets 6* for full break... Seems pretty amazing to me, so I'm just going to keep on trucking lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
I will never understand why HP+10% etc exist as innate skills rather than just being baked into stat growth.

Rahvar

So, a team composition question.
These are my units:
Vaan
Chizuru
Kefka
Celes
Golbez
Fina
Lasswell
Krile
Rydia
Vivi
Shantotto
Miyuki
Rain
Rakshasa
Cyan
Sabin
Fran
Galuf
Shadow
Anzelm
Edgar
Kain
Maria
Bedile
Luna
Miyuki

Looking at the rankings I guess it should be:
Vaan
Kefka
Celes
Chizuru
Golbez or Fina depending on the need of a healer.

Would this party be balanced and work though?

Kettch

10000 for this is cheap. Considered the rate for 5* is 2%, it would have cost you 25000 lapis just for ONE 5*.

Of course, knowing my luck it will probably be duplicate.

The problem with the 5*s there is that I'm assuming it includes any character that can go up to 5*...which there are a lot of. I mean, your odds of doing 3 normal pulls for 1500 lapis and getting 3 characters that can go to 5* is pretty decent (they'll just start off as 3*s).

It's the other stuff rather than the pulls that look to be more worthwhile.

Lyrian

The problem with the 5*s there is that I'm assuming it includes any character that can go up to 5*...which there are a lot of. I mean, your odds of doing 3 normal pulls for 1500 lapis and getting 3 characters that can go to 5* is pretty decent (they'll just start off as 3*s).

It's the other stuff rather than the pulls that look to be more worthwhile.

Yup, that is the trap in the graphic.

Many people will look at that and assume 5* base forms, when in reality all that is being guaranteed is the 5* form of any possible card that can awaken up to 5*s. There's quite a few cards than can evolve that high, making the proposition nowhere near as attractive as it would look on the surface.

Valentus

So, a team composition question.
These are my units:
Vaan
Chizuru
Kefka
Celes
Golbez
Fina
Lasswell
Krile
Rydia
Vivi
Shantotto
Miyuki
Rain
Rakshasa
Cyan
Sabin
Fran
Galuf
Shadow
Anzelm
Edgar
Kain
Maria
Bedile
Luna
Miyuki

Looking at the rankings I guess it should be:
Vaan
Kefka
Celes
Chizuru
Golbez or Fina depending on the need of a healer.

Would this party be balanced and work though?

dont take the rankings too seriouslly. Firion is the damage king in trials and he isnt even in top 5.

With those units you can compose something like this:

Vaan
Fina
Kefka
Golbez
Chizuru

Vaan can full break and Concentrate
Fina can Cheer and healing the party
Kefka and Golbez the magic damage dealers (both have the same spells except for firaga, so you can do elemental chain)
Chizuru your main physical damage dealer

Thats the party i am using now (except golbez for ExDeath)

Vex_

Banned
We need a metal cactuar weekend, right now

Jesus. Yes we do.

Oh snap! Vaan just got focus!

I have both Vaan AND Fina in my party right now. So I combine Focus (Increase MAG/SPR (40%)) and Cheer (Increase ATK/DEF (40%)). To make my party walking gods!

....for 3 turns >:3

wilflare

was on my last exploration quest to qualify for the Daily Quest 50 lapis reward.
brought along a new Exdeath Companion.

Complete the mission
- Game asks me if I wanna go straight to the redemption screen AND HANGS

Reboots the game
- Cannot redeem rewards as the timer has gone into a new day
- No chance to send Friend Request to Exdeath Companion

ughhhh

Vex_

Banned
was on my last exploration quest to qualify for the Daily Quest 50 lapis reward.
brought along a new Exdeath Companion.

Complete the mission
- Game asks me if I wanna go straight to the redemption screen AND HANGS

Reboots the game
- Cannot redeem rewards as the timer has gone into a new day
- No chance to send Friend Request to Exdeath Companion

ughhhh

I have an exdeath..

D-do you wanna be f-friends? O.O

VEX

Nohar

this one is cray and has a date on it too.

VwjWGNA.png

Wait... It's three 5* garanted? This one is incredible (assuming we don't roll 3 now-upgraded-to-5* Rydias, Marias, Kriles and Kains).
Worst case scenario, the +30% ATK alone makes this banner very nice.

Also, there is that one banner which should be released at the exact same time:

So, yeah, that's four potentially awesome 5* units.

Also, starting late november, we are getting those specific banners (assuming we do get those):

Anyhow, time to save my lapis and tickets.

Xion86

Still not going to re roll, I just can't bare to lose all the progress I have made so far lol. I'm sure I'll get lucky in the future with everything I'm saving up. For now I'll stick to what I was given, and really enjoying the game anyway. Wonder how many people will stop playing after a few months too...I can see myself sticking with this in the background for quite some time.

Out of curiosity, those of you playing on your phones, how's it treating the battery life? On an iPad Air 2 here.

Nekomaru

Neo Member
Is my team good? Too tired to reroll again.

Chizuru 4*
Exdeath 3*
Bartz 3*
Cyan 3*
Golbez 3*

Other units:
Vivi 4*
Edgar 3*
Miyuki 3*
Cerius 3*
Rakshasa 3*

Nohar

Is my team good? Too tired to reroll again.

Chizuru 4*
Exdeath 3*
Bartz 3*
Cyan 3*
Golbez 3*

Other units:
Vivi 4*
Edgar 3*
Miyuki 3*
Cerius 3*
Rakshasa 3*

Dude, you have 3 top-tier units, including Chizuru who is the number 1 unit in Global right now, Exdeath, and Bartz.
Don't reroll.

Well that's not exactly sound advice. Rerolling takes less than 5mins and I got chizeru bartz and kefka in 3 rolls so if you think you got a bad draw then might as well but no need to stress, we got till the 18th

Did you even bother reading his post?

Is it even worth rerolling for me? I've been playing since the soft launch.
[...]
I really want characters that are future proof like ExDeath and Chizuru but I would lose all my coliseum progress (at INT S Lvl 5 boss) and Hero Rings... So a lot of work to do again.

Zafir

dont take the rankings too seriouslly. Firion is the damage king in trials and he isnt even in top 5.

With those units you can compose something like this:

Vaan
Fina
Kefka
Golbez
Chizuru

Vaan can full break and Concentrate
Fina can Cheer and healing the party
Kefka and Golbez the magic damage dealers (both have the same spells except for firaga, so you can do elemental chain)
Chizuru your main physical damage dealer

Yeah that's the party I'm using as well. Still a way to go since I need to level them all, but so far it's been doing work.

After re-rolling all day the Chizuru hunt was a success!!

So i'm officially leaving my Exdeath account for this one. Changed my info on the GAF list so unfriend my old account(View 999 401 826) and add my new one (View@GAF 048 067 552).

Happy Grinding!!!

bonkeng

I also rolled a few:

best so far

chizu chizu exdeath

cecil exdeath

I'm having fun rerolling since finished the game a long time ago.

I've kept a list on all the notable accounts, incase i need to check the skills in game.

SE's not kidding when they MAJOR BOOST. I've got 6 kefkas in 1 reroll, and 7 golbez on another.

wilstreak

After re-rolling all day the Chizuru hunt was a success!!

So i'm officially leaving my Exdeath account for this one. Changed my info on the GAF list so unfriend my old account(View 999 401 826) and add my new one (View@GAF 048 067 552).

Happy Grinding!!!

i have 4* Chizuru but still i can't understand what is so good about her. Currently on level 40

I'd take Exdeath anytime of the day since his damage output is so massive. But that is just me being a noob. LOL

Vewen

Neo Member
I also rolled a few:

best so far

chizu chizu exdeath

cecil exdeath

I'm having fun rerolling since finished the game a long time ago.

I've kept a list on all the notable accounts, incase i need to check the skills in game.

SE's not kidding when they MAJOR BOOST. I've got 6 kefkas in 1 reroll, and 7 golbez on another.

That Cecil/Exdeath combo is awesome, been hunting for days myself to get it but alas. Guess I'm just gonna settle with what I got and hope for future rate-ups (and hope they are as good as the current ones).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom