• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Hellllll yessssss, beat Frost Dragon INT S-5 finally. Silence is really the game-changer, since it stops the blizzara as well as the confuse skill. I got it to land twice and got a paralyze on the next round. After that, my dual barragers Bartz and CoD finished the dragon up.

I have both Leo and Cecil as tanks, and I can say that for this fight in partciular, Leo was a gamechanger. His power break and blade bash are essential, and the built in target % up saved my healers a lot.

So glad that fight is over with though. Now I don't feel pressured to pull a full break unit until Randy comes out.

fester

Banned
Lol at the triple S tier pulls everyone keeps complaining about. Y'all need to sit down and appreciate what RNGesus is granting you bc at least you ain't getting teams like Falk's

I found myself getting wrapped up in "re-roll fever" when I first started, trying to get everything perfect. It sucked a lot of the fun out of the game and I'm glad I quit or else I likely would have just walked away from the whole thing. The three main characters plus any two pulls is all you need to clear the current content anyway.

Dragner

My reroll rule was 2 'Best' unit and at least 1 or 2 A tier units. Took me a while to reroll that, managed to get Firion,CoD,Terra after 5 hours of rerolling nonstop.

Rixa

My reroll rule was 2 'Best' unit and at least 1 or 2 A tier units. Took me a while to reroll that, managed to get Firion,CoD,Terra after 5 hours of rerolling nonstop.

My aim was "Reroll til you get one of the best 5". It took 30ish rerolls until I got Vaan. Started with it, that was around 2 months ago...
Now Iam using all the available energy (outside of dailies and idle time :p) to Earth Shrine. I started around 30 hours ago with 3 Shantottos having TM at 0%.

Cecil & his Harem:
Screenshot_20160709-223057.png

Razmos

Managed to beat the white dragon! I had Kefka using Thundara, CoD using Armour Break, Rain using Power Break, Miyuki using Shadowbind (paralyze) and Fran casting Bio. Repeating that every turn

Paralyze procced a lot of times and poison only activated at the end, and I managed to get him down to pretty low health, but only Fran was left, and she has the Siren esper equipped, so on a whim I decided to use Alluring Air to try and confuse the boss, thinking it would be funny if it killed itself, and it did lol. It hit itself twice with physical attacks and hit Fran once with a lightning attack, and she had 130 health left when poison ticked and killed the boss.

Feels good to finally have that Katana

My aim was "Reroll til you get one of the best 5". It took 30ish rerolls until I got Vaan. Started with it, that was around 2 months ago...
Now Iam using all the available energy (outside of dailies and idle time :p) to Earth Shrine. I started around 30 hours ago with 3 Shantottos having TM at 0%.

Cecil & his Harem:

how many hours to farm TM at earth shrine to get to 100% trust mastery on 1 unit? if your using 4 as you are doing?

Rixa

how many hours to farm TM at earth shrine to get to 100% trust mastery on 1 unit? if your using 4 as you are doing?

My aim is to get them all to 100 (I want 4x30% MAG TM). Dunno about hours it takes (using phone, no macros nor some computer bs). Watching telly and burning NRG (my nrg max is now 53). I think it will take around 1½ months if I use around 100 nrg per day.

Golbez did the gangbang, now its Cecils turn to lead the harem...

Visceir

10 energy = 0.1% for each unit in party, is a good average estimation.

I'm at 100 max energy+ in JP and did some heavy grinding with lapis refills and got like 8%+ per day for each char. Can be very draining though.

10 energy = 0.1% for each unit in party, is a good average estimation.

I'm at 100 max energy+ in JP and did some heavy grinding with lapis refills and got like 8%+ per day for each char. Can be very draining though.

crazy.
I will probably not try and spend time on TM farming.

I finished the main story, have some good gear but those TM rewards are just crazy, I wont be getting them any time soon. I guess now its time to rank up to get more energy, im only at 31.

I also need to get some lapis to buy more summons, I want, Cecil, Vaan, Bartz, locke, kefka, terra, exdeath.
I am also thinking about NOT spending my 29-30 Star Quartz. probably save them for next batch of gear.

Do we have any idea when we will get new missions, new quests, new gear and characters?

Dragner

Its nice that I dont have good TMs to grind. Firion and CoD ones are poop sauce. Only one I have now is from Terra (that Ultima) and Chizuru (+50% atk with Katanas). Not enough to fill a party.

Lyrian

Do we have any idea when we will get new missions, new quests, new gear and characters?

New content seems to be in general monthly. Characters seems be weekly to biweekly, however there are strong odds that a good number of collab characters will not be released on the global servers (licensing issues, etc.)

The first new content was released one month and four days after original launch in JP.

Japanese Patch Dates

CCIE

Banned
I'm hoping for something like Japan did... rate-up on Bartz for 24 hours. Having three units and trying to get one kind of sucks.

Azuran

Banned
I swear half of you guys asking if you should keep an account with like 10+ great units are just covertly bragging at this point.

Some things are obvious at first glance -.-

I swear half of you guys asking if you should keep an account with like 10+ great units are just covertly bragging at this point.

Some things are obvious at first glance -.-
We'll be repaid in our humbleness with a first Lightning pull in the future, don't worry

Is it even worth rerolling for me? I've been playing since the soft launch.

5* units are

Vaan
Kefka
Golbez
Xiao
Rain
Fina
Lasswell
Kain (Will become 5*)

Rest are guys like Vivi, Shantotto, Edgar, Luna, etc... 4* Max characters.

Still have 1 ticket and 5,000 lapis for pulls.

I really want characters that are future proof like ExDeath and Chizuru but I would lose all my coliseum progress (at INT S Lvl 5 boss) and Hero Rings... So a lot of work to do again.

It's just I hate seeing people with 294 ATK Chizuru and the thought that my Kefka will quickly be outpaced as well as Vaan since he is yet to receive a 6* and Rain will soon take his place.

Ugh...

Maybe just make an alternate account?

Don't reroll. It's a game, not a career choice; just play and enjoy it the way it's meant to be played, and stop worrying about futureproofing. If at any point you realize you can't go on with what you have (unlikely), I'd say it's time to move onto fairer games.

Don't reroll. It's a game, not a career choice; just play and enjoy it the way it's meant to be played, and stop worrying about futureproofing. If at any point you realize you can't go on with what you have (unlikely), I'd say it's time to move onto fairer games.
Well that's not exactly sound advice. Rerolling takes less than 5mins and I got chizeru bartz and kefka in 3 rolls so if you think you got a bad draw then might as well but no need to stress, we got till the 18th

Valentus

sooo, looking at reddit, it looks like after 1310 pulls of all people that post their pulls, the chance of getting a Chizuru is like 2,5%

And thats with rates up.

So when the rate is going back to normal, it could be near impossible to get a Chizuru with few pulls. So grab your one now that you can.

Azuran

Banned
sooo, looking at reddit, it looks like after 1310 pulls of all people that post their pulls, the chance of getting a Chizuru is like 2,5%

And thats with rates up.

So when the rate is going back to normal, it could be near impossible to get a Chizuru with few pulls. So grab your one now that you can.

I know a losing battle when I see one.

I'm storing what little luck I have for Lightning.

Falk

that puzzling face
p.s. 2.5 is actually pretty damn generous for a single prize as far as gacha games go.

On the flipside expect some reporting bias.

Visceir

And thats with rates up.

Going by my JP version experience where I've yet to pull characters like Cecil and Terra and many others I'd say getting any specific char without rate-ups is nearly impossible, haha.

Zafir

Well that's not exactly sound advice. Rerolling takes less than 5mins and I got chizeru bartz and kefka in 3 rolls so if you think you got a bad draw then might as well but no need to stress, we got till the 18th

But at the cost of losing lots of progress?

It's not that simple of a choice.

On the other hand there could be plenty of events by the time any content comes out that desperately need higher tier characters that give you opportunities to get something. It depends how much time means to you.

Personally I just kept my progress, I didn't need an higher tier char. Fortunately I did manage to roll a Chizuru on Friday. So it worked out in the end.

Valentus

p.s. 2.5 is actually pretty damn generous for a single prize as far as gacha games go.

On the flipside expect some reporting bias.

yeah, i hate those "1 pull, 5star chizuru omglol kthxbye" posts, because 90% of these are bullcrap.

But taking my experience (40 pulls, 2 chizuru) it's 5% per pull, so it might be true.

But at the cost of losing lots of progress?

It's not that simple of a choice.

On the other hand there could be plenty of events by the time any content comes out that desperately need higher tier characters that give you opportunities to get something. It depends how much time means to you.

Personally I just kept my progress, I didn't need an higher tier char. Fortunately I did manage to roll a Chizuru on Friday. So it worked out in the end.
It depends. If you started at Global release like me then the progress you could lose is minimized considering how little time has passed since it came out. If u started at soft launch then I really can't say shit bc that's much more sentimental

scarlet

yeah, i hate those "1 pull, 5star chizuru omglol kthxbye" posts, because 90% of these are bullcrap.

But taking my experience (40 pulls, 2 chizuru) it's 5% per pull, so it might be true.

But I did, 4* tho

So the rate is only until 18th?

I guess I will never get Kefka then, already have Exdeath, but want Kefka to replace my Vivi

CCIE

Banned
Scarlet,

Wish I could give you a Kefka. I pulled two of him, and I didn't even want him. I have a thing against evil characters personally. I'll use him, but only after I've exhausted Shantotto instead. Same goes for Golbez and Garland

At one time when I was rolling for Chizuru I pulled five Kefkas. The drop rate for the guy is really high if you have some Lapis to spend

scarlet

Scarlet,

Wish I could give you a Kefka. I pulled two of him, and I didn't even want him. I have a thing against evil characters personally. I'll use him, but only after I've exhausted Shantotto instead. Same goes for Golbez and Garland

At one time when I was rolling for Chizuru I pulled five Kefkas. The drop rate for the guy is really high if you have some Lapis to spend

I'd trade your Kefka with my Shadow haha

I have Vivi, she isn't bad, has dualcast, but still Kefka is way much better.

My dream team for now would be Kefka, Exdeath, Fina, Rain and Chizuru

Is Kefka that good ? I have 3k Lapis atm, don't know if i should try to get him :eek:

I have almost 5k, but I'm scared I'm gonna waste that for 9 Shadows

Anyway, I have no idea how you guys could have so much hero's rings. I'm forging one and farming the megacrysts is exhausting.

I guess for now, one is enough for me.

CCIE

Banned
Damn Hill Gigas are pissing me off! I have tried that stupid Castle dungeon ten times at LEAST and only managed to get two. Not sure if worth it

Kettch

Despite not really needing any of the rate-up characters in particular, I went ahead and did 10 pulls anyway since I really wanted another couple decent trust mastery characters to farm up since I'm doing 1ap quests farming friend points anyway. Felt like a waste when I was running Exdeath/Bartz and 3 junk characters.

Now I'm rolling with Exdeath/Bartz/Cecil/Kefka/Golbez, which feels like much less of a waste of time.

Falk

that puzzling face
Damn Hill Gigas are pissing me off! I have tried that stupid Castle dungeon ten times at LEAST and only managed to get two. Not sure if worth it

There are a bunch of rare mob quests (Primevils and Hungers are the other two I recall OTOH)

You might as well leave them till last when there literally isn't anything else to do than grind XP/TM/Espers.

Hill Gigas also spawns in an Island 2 Exploration (can't remember which) so if you're done with Seargants at Grandshelt Castle you probably should just move on.

Seik

Banned
Is there a way to sync my game with other devices?

I tried installing the game on my phone with the same google account on it and it starts a new game...

Would linking my game to my FB account work?

Rootbeer

Banned
Hey all! I've been working hard on a new account since I felt pretty handicapped on my softlaunch one. Even after I used the 10 tickets I didn't get any decent pulls on it.

So, spent a little time and got a nice Exdeath/Cecil/Celes roll. I've since aquired a second Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, the new units Kefka & Golbez, along with a nice well-rounded selection of some other units. No Chizuru though.

I edited my account info on the spreadsheet. But please, if you have me friended on my old account, please remove it and readd me! This will be my main account for sure moving forward.

210,807,551 (Global), current leader is 4* Exdeath (with -aga spells). Working hard to get my best units to 5* max soon.

I'm going to be whaling when lightning and hope come out whatever future banner contains VII characters (assuming there is a rate-up.)

Lyrian

There are a bunch of rare mob quests (Primevils and Hungers are the other two I recall OTOH)

You might as well leave them till last when there literally isn't anything else to do than grind XP/TM/Espers.

Hill Gigas also spawns in an Island 2 Exploration (can't remember which) so if you're done with Seargants at Grandshelt Castle you probably should just move on.

This.

The hill giant quest is the worst quest in all of Grandshelt.

But, that is nothing compared to the horrors of the Hunger quest in Lanzelt. Rare as heck mob (like the giants), only can spawn on two floors, need 10 of them, and it costs 6 stamina per run. Consider it a small miracle if that quest can be completed in under 200 energy.

Those types of quests should be saved for absolutely last, when there is absolutely nothing else left to do in order to preserve your sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom