• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

That Cecil/Exdeath combo is awesome, been hunting for days myself to get it but alas. Guess I'm just gonna settle with what I got and hope for future rate-ups (and hope they are as good as the current ones).

Yeah. But 2 Chizu and 1 Exdeath also seems like a good combination. I'll both for a bit and see which one is better. I'll still be rerolling anyway, incase I get someting even better like Exdeath Cecil Chizu hahaha.

CCIE

Banned
So it sounds like I really need to level and use Kefka... I'll do so while farming sacred crystals to level up current units. Chizuru needs 15 just to get to level 5! That is nuts, not to mention how many others I need. A few days await me in the Awakening Vortex.

Damnit

NomarTyme

So it sounds like I really need to level and use Kefka... I'll do so while farming sacred crystals to level up current units. Chizuru needs 15 just to get to level 5! That is nuts, not to mention how many others I need. A few days await me in the Awakening Vortex.

Damnit

Seriously! Why she couldn't be lower maintenance like Fina?

scarlet

Damnit

Seriously! Why she can't be lower maintenance like Fina?

I awakened my chizuru to 5* today. Already level 40 something now.

Awakening INT is your best friend. Maybe I'm lucky, got 12 yesterday.

Try to farm extra energy doing the story and exploration quest on earth shrine for extra 15.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is my team good? Too tired to reroll again.

Chizuru 4*
Exdeath 3*
Bartz 3*
Cyan 3*
Golbez 3*

Other units:
Vivi 4*
Edgar 3*
Miyuki 3*
Cerius 3*
Rakshasa 3*

I look forward to the day when these posts stop. You're honestly asking if an account with 3 of the best units in-game is good enough to proceed? Alright.

Anyway, how do I get more espers??

CCIE

Banned
Nekomaro with the all-star team once they are trained up. I wish I could have pulled Cecil, but that's okay. I've got enough to be going on for sure

NomarTyme

I awakened my chizuru to 5* today. Already level 40 something now.

Awakening INT is your best friend. Maybe I'm lucky, got 12 yesterday.

Try to farm extra energy doing the story and exploration quest on earth shrine for extra 15.

I definitely do that. Sometimes I come out with more Holy Crystals than Sacred for INT. Ridiculous

Also their friend system is a little buggy. I have a couple slots open but I can't add.

c-murph

Just sent you an invite as Noci.

Is the best way to level characters to continually run the XP vortex?

I'm not exactly sure the best way but what I've been doing is farming Magicite for Siren/Ifrit in the exploration stages. (Earth Shrine Exploration - Red Magicite / Dalnakya Cavern Exploration - Blue)

Also, farming Friend points from the first level to summon and fuse the fodder I get for my main teams. I leveled Vaan from 4* Lv.1 - 55 since yesterday. It work because of the Cactaur and Turtle drop rates are apparently increased.

Zafir

Add me up GAF. I have 9 spots let. Currently running 4* Lv.55 Vaan with 1* Lv.5 Ifrit.

Added you. ^^

I look forward to the day when these posts stop. You're honestly asking if an account with 3 of the best units in-game is good enough to proceed? Alright.

Anyway, how do I get more espers??
You have to go out and find them.

So far I know of

Ifrit -
Talk to a Sailor on the south west side of Lodin, he'll take you to Odol, there you can talk to a kid and then exit to find the place where he is

Golem -
Zadehl Watersand there is a guy on the ground wanting water, go to the oasis to get some theres a little sparkle, talk to him again, and it should be open to you once you kill the exploration boss and leave.

There's also Shiva whom I imagine is around the icy place, but I've not gone through the exploration there yet.

Azuran

Banned
Is my team good? Too tired to reroll again.

Chizuru 4*
Exdeath 3*
Bartz 3*
Cyan 3*
Golbez 3*

Other units:
Vivi 4*
Edgar 3*
Miyuki 3*
Cerius 3*
Rakshasa 3*

Jesus, do you honestly need to ask?

I can't wait for the 17th so posts like this can finally stop.

There's also Shiva whom I imagine is around the icy place, but I've not gone through the exploration there yet.

Shiva:
Wolfsfang Peak exit that becomes available after you first defeat the Snow Dragon in the area

leehom

What makes Kefka good? I have three of them and I will max out his level, but unsure if I should put him on my main team.

Azuran

Banned
What makes Kefka good? I have three of them and I will max out his level, but unsure if I should put him on my main team.

Excellent magic stat and can actually wear magic gear unlike Golbez and Exdeath. His main issue is that he doesn't have a 6* in JPN so he's not as future proof at the moment.

Ok I'm content. I got 4* Chizuru and 3* Kefka with Lapis roll on my main account. I tried rerolling but I seriously don't want to lose a week of progress when I have such limited gaming time.

Good enough for me! Now I'm excited!

Dragner

You can think they never entered the thread or the wiki but knew perfectly how to reroll and when to reroll.

Or you can think he is bragging.

Yeah.

Valentus

Is there a trusted apk? I have a Kindle Fire and no game on Amazon store of course.

download from apkpure

-More natural MAG than ExDeath and Golbez at 5*
-Bioga
-Can Equip magician gear unlike ExDeath and Golbez
-Hyperdrive
-It's fucking Kefka

Rixa

Is there a trusted apk? I have a Kindle Fire and no game on Amazon store of course.

apkpure dot com should have it.

In other news, this is where Iam after 2 days of TM grind.
'
Screenshot_20160710-190215.png

MicH

Golbez and Miyuki any good? Just pulled them and haven't followed the news flow since his release.

Now have:

Cloud of Darkness
Vaan
Celes
Golbez
Miyuki

Pretty happy even if they're shit

CCIE

Banned
Okay... I will sideline Rain and work on leveling Kefka. Thanks for the advice. I'll level Rain in the background since his 6* form will be really good

mikemandey

apkpure dot com should have it.

In other news, this is where Iam after 2 days of TM grind.

This TM grind thing is sooo tedius.

I'm currently grinding for Gungnir with a team full of Kains (5 Kains).

And waiting behind them:
- Shantotto team (5 Shantottos)
- Luna team (5 Lunas)
- Another Kain team (5 Kains)

Still long way to go for the first team (currently around 6-8 % each unit)

Foffy

Banned
Got a question, fam. I am not familiar with these types of games, so what's the purpose of the gil turtles and metallic Cactuars? Is it safe to assume the former you just sell, and the latter you pool into characters?

Valentus

So i tried 10 pulls today to see if i can get an extra chizuru for an easier TM grind... got 3 shadows, 2 cyans, 1 fran, 2 kefkas, 1 anzelm, 1 penelo.

I think that's it for me until Luneth or Majin Fina, or some rate's up for Zidane. Maybe i will pull again if Refia comes out, but she's a base 4* too...

Got a question, fam. I am not familiar with these types of games, so what's the purpose of the gil turtles and metallic Cactuars? Is it safe to assume the former you just sell, and the latter you pool into characters?

the turtles are cash, sell them.

The cactuars are exp units, they are used to fuse in any character to get exp.

Mini cactuar = 5.000 exp
Cactuar = 10.000 exp
Jumbo Cactuar = 30.000 exp

Falk

that puzzling face

Yup. Metal _____ is actually more or less enough of a precedent/trope that when you see the term in a japanese mobile game the very purpose of that item/unit/mechanic/whatever is for XP grinding.

Faenix1

Got this saved on my alt facebook:
3* Vaan (best)
4* Golbez
4* Galuf
3* Clyne
3* Golbez
3* Kain (x2)
3* Vivi (Useful)
3* Kefka (x3) (Noteworthy)
4* Chizuru (Best)
3* Russell

so based on:
"Best": Vaan | Exdeath | Bartz | Cecil | CoD | Firion | Chizuru
Noteworthy: Garland | Terra | Roselia | Kefka
Useful: Cyan | Miyuki | Edgar | Shantotto | Krile | Vivi

that should be "okay". But I figure until I can't I should reroll until I get something half decent. What kind of roll should I be looking out for? (Opinions on that Vaan roll and what kind of party I should do in the event I gotta use it would be wonderful too)

EDIT:
Secondary Alt Roll:
4* Chizuru (Best)
4* Golbez
4* Russel
4* Firion (Best)
3* Russel
3* Galuf
3* Vivi (Useful)
3* Kefka (Noteworthy)
3* Krile (Useful)
3* Leo
3* Terra (Noteworthy)
3* Zidane
3* Kain

Falk

that puzzling face
3* Vaan (best)
4* Chizuru (Best)

until I get something half decent.

If you rolled a Chizuru and are still thinking about rerolling I think anything anyone says is meaningless and you're going to just keep rerolling till you go insane.

Got this saved on my alt facebook:
3* Vaan (best)
4* Golbez
4* Galuf
3* Clyne
3* Golbez
3* Kain (x2)
3* Vivi (Useful)
4* Chizuru (Best)
3* Russell

so based on:
"Best": Vaan | Exdeath | Bartz | Cecil | CoD | Firion | Chizuru
Noteworthy: Garland | Terra | Roselia | Kefka
Useful: Cyan | Miyuki | Edgar | Shantotto | Krile | Vivi

that should be "okay". But I figure until I can't I should reroll until I get something half decent. What kind of roll should I be looking out for? (Opinions on that Vaan roll and what kind of party I should do in the event I gotta use it would be wonderful too)
2 mages 2 physical 1 white mage is the sweet spot unless u have cecil which can replace white mage. So kefka golbez - vaan chizeru - clyne (until you get fina in 2nd island)

Azuran

Banned

You should definitely reroll. Your party is missing Cecil, Cloud of Darkness AND Exdeath if you want something decent.

Try aiming for those 3 along with the 3 you already have. I heard Bartz or Firion is also good so if you also get him you're good to go at last.

Rixa

This TM grind thing is sooo tedius.

I'm currently grinding for Gungnir with a team full of Kains (5 Kains).

And waiting behind them:
- Shantotto team (5 Shantottos)
- Luna team (5 Lunas)
- Another Kain team (5 Kains)

Still long way to go for the first team (currently around 6-8 % each unit)

Youre crazier than Iam. Havent planned anything after these, one Shantotto should get its TM before others and going to swap it to something but no other plans. This will take 1½ months at this rate. I dont have plans for the new Island whenever it comes I might delay clearing it and start doing it after I get this done :p

I've been rerolling all day after you guys told me to, nothing really crazy so far, but i just pulled a 5* Chizuru + 4* Firion + 4* Golbez + 2x 3* Cyan... Chizuru and Firion looks good, but i guess it's better to keep rerolling for CoD/Exdeath/Vaan etc ?

Mugaaz

I have 2 accounts each linked to a different FB account. I have an iphone and ipad, both currently are linked to account 1. I'd like to have account 2 be on the phone, and have account 1 on the ipad, so I figure just log out of FB on FFBE on the phone then log into the other FB account. Except this doesn't work because it won't let me re-enter my credentials, how can I re-enter them?

Falk

that puzzling face
You should definitely reroll. Your party is missing Cecil, Cloud of Darkness AND Exdeath if you want something decent.

Try aiming for those 3 along with the 3 you already have. I heard Bartz or Firion is also good so if you also get him you're good to go at last.

Bahahaha you're evil.

I've been rerolling all day after you guys told me to, nothing really crazy so far, but i just pulled a 5* Chizuru + 4* Firion + 4* Golbez + 2x 3* Cyan... Chizuru and Firion looks good, but i guess it's better to keep rerolling for CoD/Exdeath/Vaan etc ?
Lol
I have 2 accounts each linked to a different FB account. I have an iphone and ipad, both currently are linked to account 1. I'd like to have account 2 be on the phone, and have account 1 on the ipad, so I figure just log out of FB on FFBE on the phone then log into the other FB account. Except this doesn't work because it won't let me re-enter my credentials, how can I re-enter them?
Re-enter through Settings>Facebook on your phone or ipad

Moneal

Im playing on my fire. I couldn't get it to run just installing the apk. I had to get the google services and play store, and download from there. Its pretty easy to do just google for a how to.

Vewen

Neo Member
Has anyone have heard anything about Gumi unlinking the facebook account from a game account?

I tried to contact Gumi support to ask if they would disconnect my real active facebook account from my first account. Has anyone tried that before and received any answer?
I now have an account with much better with much better rolls, but of course, my real facebook is linked.

I just wish I knew about rerolls before I used my real facebook data. I'm not really sure if Gumi will even unlink my facebook. I kinda know from experience how trigger-happy facebook is with non-real accounts, even when using your real data and not adding too many people at once. Did it years ago once for farmville. Somehow, facebook really does find those "fake" accounts now matter how inconspicious you act.

I know, it's my own damn fault for not looking things up before I start. But the implications of this are pretty concerning: if anything ever happens to your facebook account, your game account is gone just the same.

Vewen

Neo Member
Viewed - I just used fake information for my dummy account. It doesn't even have my real name

Thing is, if Facebook finds out (and I know from experience they do), they suspend it and you cannot provide it's you since the information there doesn't match the information on your ID.

If you create a new account with the same information (your correct real life information), it is against the terms and conditions and they can also shut it down (and potentially even your main account).

This facebook login thing is really bad, I really prefer the Japanese way.

Ludens

Banned
Im playing on my fire. I couldn't get it to run just installing the apk. I had to get the google services and play store, and download from there. Its pretty easy to do just google for a how to.

What do you mean, I need to install the Google store too? Can I do that with the official Amazon firmware?

Kettch

EDIT:
Secondary Alt Roll:
4* Chizuru (Best)
4* Golbez
4* Russel
4* Firion (Best)
3* Russel
3* Galuf
3* Vivi (Useful)
3* Kefka (Noteworthy)
3* Krile (Useful)
3* Leo
3* Terra (Noteworthy)
3* Zidane
3* Kain

If you plan on playing enough to grind out trust masteries, Zidane is one of the best characters to have with his Dual Wield. I'd definitely put him as noteworthy at least, especially considering he's one of the rare pulls. I think that's a really good roll overall.

Re rolling advice.

I see why Chizuru, exdeath, Cecil, And Vaan are "best characters". Why are firion and bartz in that list?

Case in point.

Just rolled Chizuru, Bartz (5*), Bartz (3*), shantotto (4*), golbez (4*), golbez (3*) and a kefka (3*).

If I knew why bartz was classified as a best character I might roll with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom