• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
Case in point.

Just rolled Chizuru, Bartz (5*), Bartz (3*), shantotto (4*), golbez (4*), golbez (3*) and a kefka (3*).

If I knew why bartz was classified as a best character I might roll with this...

Barrage, future 6* with great stats and skills, one of the best TM which pretty much increases his attack by 50%, and is versatile as hell since he can equip so many types of weapons, equipment, and magic.

Syrus

Banned
Oh shit... been rerolling aloy even tho I have a ex death n bartz 3 star deck.

Used that rare ticket today and got 5 star Kefka!!!

So should I keep 5 star kefka , 3 exdeath , 3 bartz , 4 maria , 4 shantotto , 4 medius , 3 edgar 3 cyan 3 krille?

Add me for 5 star Kefka , 3 exdeath 3 bartz

_woLf

Oh shit... been rerolling aloy even tho I have a ex death n bartz 3 star deck.

Used that rare ticket today and got 5 star Kefka!!!

So should I keep 5 star kefka , 3 exdeath , 3 bartz , 4 maria , 4 shantotto , 4 medius , 3 edgar 3 cyan 3 krille?

Add me for 5 star Kefka , 3 exdeath 3 bartz

as someone who wasn't really able to reroll and is generally not a fan of this mechanic to begin with, I am growing really, really tired of these kinds of posts.

just stop and play the game

Lyrian

Loving this game so far, feels like a legit oldschool FF game.

Is there an end to the storyline so far?

Current end of content is after the ice area on the second isle. Given JP's original release schedule, the first content addition post launch is still about 3-4 weeks away (unless they accelerate the content patch for some reason).

Ok two bests. And a half decent Mage in shantotto. I'll take it. Now onto saving for whenever.

10 refills total with my second refill I took to the second island before deciding to do the other 8. I think it will be ok

Valus

Hey guys, just hit rank 20 and have 5 additional friend spots open. Please add me!

5* Bartz, level 61. Just beat White Dragon and now he's decked out with a Murasame.

Syrus

Banned
as someone who wasn't really able to reroll and is generally not a fan of this mechanic to begin with, I am growing really, really tired of these kinds of posts.

You can still reroll and this was my third reroll. Kefka I got from todays login ticket

CCIE

Banned
God, it was a long road to her, but I finally got Fina. Time to train her up. I have to stop content for a while and do some leveling. My Chizuru is still just four stars, and everyone else needs to get to four stars. Time to start the grind

Lyrian

Took one more pull on a good feeling.... more 4* max garbage.

Grats to everyone who is taking my luck on their much better pulls.

bonkeng

It's your call not to reroll.

Just play the game yourself and let others do their thing.

unrealist

After playing on my android tablet, I decided to login on my iPhone .. and all my 6000 crystals went to naught.. just a warning for those who decides to cross play between these two OS...

If you have two characters can you get TMs from both, or is it if you get one you can't get it anymore from others?

Two bartz and two shantotto, and I could see the benefit of having their TM abilities on multiple characters...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I can't wait until this thread moves to Community.

God, it was a long road to her, but I finally got Fina. Time to train her up. I have to stop content for a while and do some leveling. My Chizuru is still just four stars, and everyone else needs to get to four stars. Time to start the grind
Bruh I rerolled, went the whole fucking game and havent gotten a single sacred crystal. NOT ONE!!! Awakening gone take a miiiinute
If you have two characters can you get TMs from both, or is it if you get one you can't get it anymore from others?

Two bartz and two shantotto, and I could see the benefit of having their TM abilities on multiple characters...
U can get them from both. You'll be in the earth shrine till 2018 but yea u can do it

unrealist

Chizuru is much better than Cecil? Not sure if I should reroll... since she is the best in Global it seems?

What's the toughest boss now?

Valentus

Wow, that's ridiculous. But it doesn't really show that Firion's setup does it? He could have been decked out with all kinds of TM abilities/gear for all we know...

Firion's 6* gets almost all the "-killer" innate abilities, plus gets innate +%ATK bonus for almost every weapon. You dont need much rare materia and equip to make firion a beast in Trials.

After rerolling again about 8 times, I finally hit a roll that I don't think I'll ever beat:

4* Chizuru x 2
4* Krile
3* Vaan
3* Cloud of Darkness
3* Kefka

So now I'm gonna actually play the damn game.

Lyrian

Whats he max your friend list will be?

Other then symmon what should i spend lapis on?

Max friends = 130

10 starting + 20 from level ups + 100 from lapis extensions (20 times)

Most would argue that lapis should be spent on friends list expansion (because of the 5x friend point event and trophies for Hero Ring) and inventory expansion (particularly materials).

Anything else is YMMV. Gacha pulls are random luck and magic keys are generally of marginal value as in most cases (there are some endgame situationally useful recipes such as Silence and Bio Blade, but aren't going to be generally needed for normal content this early in the game).

Syrus

Banned
Max friends = 130

10 starting + 20 from level ups + 100 from lapis extensions (20 times)

Most would argue that lapis should be spent on friends list expansion (because of the 5x friend point event and trophies for Hero Ring) and inventory expansion (particularly materials).

Anything else is YMMV. Gacha pulls are random luck and magic keys are generally of marginal value as in most cases (there are some endgame situationally useful recipes such as Silence and Bio Blade, but aren't going to be generally needed for normal content this early in the game).

Lol gacha is a pain but i git 5 star kefka from login bonus.

Ill expand friends slowly

Lol gacha is a pain but i git 5 star kefka from login bonus.

Ill expand friends slowly
Expand friends now. There is a friend event going on, +50 FP now. Max it out, no way in hell anyone super important like
Lightning or Luneth
are coming within the forseeable future so you don't need to worry about stockpiling all your lapiz

God I wish I had done the re-roll shuffle to begin with...really want me that Ex-Death.

DONT MAKE MY MISTAKE MORTALS

So post story is the best way to level really just ADV Experience over and over? lol

Kettch

God I wish I had done the re-roll shuffle to begin with...really want me that Ex-Death.

DONT MAKE MY MISTAKE MORTALS

So post story is the best way to level really just ADV Experience over and over? lol

That's the best for pure experience, but if you don't mind putting a bit more time in, doing Explorations gives you just about the same unit xp, a lot more rank xp, a bunch of magicite to level your espers as well as a lot of crafting material.

Vamphuntr

That's the best for pure experience, but if you don't mind putting a bit more time in, doing Explorations gives you just about the same unit xp, a lot more rank xp, a bunch of magicite to level your espers as well as a lot of crafting material.

Best way so far for me is to solo ADV experience chamber for 30k EXP. It's really slow past level 50 though.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
You need a dummy fb account attached to a ffbe account for rerolls to work. When you rerolled a team that you're satisfied, you can attach it to your preferred fb account.

crap, first thing I did when I started the game was link my FB. am I screwed?

Lyrian

Lanzet ruins or Phantom Forest? lol

Lanzet is considerably more efficient for rank/unit xp, but takes much longer to clear than Phantom Forest.

On the other hand, not only does Phantom Forest take much less time to clear (smaller map), it also for some reason tends to be way too generous with green magicites and megacites. The combination of the two tends to lead to the favorable opinion of many about Phantom Forest.

TL;DR - Got time you want to intentionally burn? Lanzet. Any other reasons (harvesting, magicites, etc) favor Phantom Forest.

bonkeng

crap, first thing I did when I started the game was link my FB. am I screwed?

You can create another fb for your final team. That's what i did. Made the mistake of attaching to my real fb with crappy team lol. Now my main account is attached to a dummy fb.

Lanzet is considerably more efficient for rank/unit xp, but takes much longer to clear than Phantom Forest.

On the other hand, not only does Phantom Forest take much less time to clear (smaller map), it also for some reason tends to be way too generous with green magicites and megacites. The combination of the two tends to lead to the favorable opinion of many about Phantom Forest.

TL;DR - Got time you want to intentionally burn? Lanzet. Any other reasons (harvesting, magicites, etc) favor Phantom Forest.

I wonder what the exp split between the two...I imagine the total exp take away from forest versus Lanzet must be nearly 50% lol

GaimeGuy

I'm still conused by what to do for rerolling.

Other games I just redownload the game and replay through the tutorial.

So for this I attach a dummy facebook to the game, then I play through the tutorial, then I do my summons, and if I don't like what I rolled, I.... just log out of facebook?

Lyrian

I wonder what the exp split between the two...I imagine the total exp take away from forest versus Lanzet must be nearly 50% lol

That's roughly correct. Lanzet yields broadly double the rank and unit xp for 50% additional energy cost (12 vs. 8).

That said, Lanzet's map is roughly triple the size of Phantom, and the collection points are spread out as far as possible across the maps. Even if a player beelines straight for the collection points and then to the boss exit, it is almost impossible to not engage in at least 10-15 fights along the way.

Phantom on the other hand, usually does not take more than 5 fights to tap all three collection points and then reach the boss. Those fights are simple one round auto attacks for any moderately developed team. In Lanzet, you are going to need a well developed team of rare pulls to go anywhere without each fight becoming a slogfest.

GaimeGuy

So uh... I logged out of facebook (both the website through my mobile browser and through the facebook app), uninstalled FFBE, reinstalled FFBE..

same fucking data.

I don't understand how I'm supposed to reroll.

scarlet

So uh... I logged out of facebook (both the website through my mobile browser and through the facebook app), uninstalled FFBE, reinstalled FFBE..

same fucking data.

You logged out and start new and connect it to your new account if you wanted to save it.

Valus

same fucking data.

1) Create dummy facebook account
2) Login to this account ingame
3) Start new game
4) Play through tutorial
5) Use summon tickets
6) If you want to reroll, log out of dummy account, start new game, login to dummy account (it will prompt you to rewrite data, do so), and repeat steps 4-5
or
6) If you want to keep the account, login to main FB account, play game

Kettch

Another thing about Phantom Forest that isn't insignificant is that the boss occasionally drops a sacred crystal, which a lot of people seem to be hurting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom