• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
What method are people using to increase Trust Mastery?

Earth Shrine is not getting me much TM.

Earth Shrine with 3+ copies of the same character.

Other than that, it's slow as hell right now and probably not worth doing unless you have nothing else to do until an event comes along.

Yes. He/She/It has innate 50% resistance to all elements, 10% resistance to all status effects, and Barrage. Her only drawback (which may become significant for late game) is that she doesn't have any ability slots (so no +30% ATK for instance). Also, equipment options are rather limited (if not outright strange).

I believe she will get 4 ability slots at 6*, so that shouldn't be an issue in the future. Equipment options are the definite drawback to her.
Alright guys, thanks. I'll see who in my party can be replaced by her atm

CCIE

Banned
Wow, I though Luna was useless, but her TM is Barrage. Might need to train her ass up long term. I seriously am missing units that can use an axe. Only real downside to my party at this time. I guess I'll save a great axe for future rolls.

Kettch

I think it's a good time to run Earth Shrine, while the friend point event is going on. I doubt there'll be a better time to farm up trust mastery. Just another week to go, then I'll get back to the rest of the game.

Wow, I though Luna was useless, but her TM is Barrage. Might need to train her ass up long term. I seriously am missing units that can use an axe. Only real downside to my party at this time. I guess I'll save a great axe for future rolls.
I would rather reroll for bartz or chizeru or level my ifrit to 2* for ragung fist than grind Luna out TM just for barrage. Great skill but time better spent on TMs like duel wield or doublehand
I think it's a good time to run Earth Shrine, while the friend point event is going on. I doubt there'll be a better time to farm up trust mastery. Just another week to go, then I'll get back to the rest of the game.
Trust Mogs in the future can give out 10% Trust at a time IIRC

EDIT:^ You just run stage 1 over and over hoping that it raises your trust .1%

CCIE

Banned
I would too, but I will have to see if we get a future event for Bartz or CoD rate-ups I'll continue to re-roll while checking email for my dream team, but the only current hole is someone that can equip an axe

Kettch

Trust Mogs in the future can give out 10% Trust at a time IIRC

EDIT:^ You just run stage 1 over and over hoping that it raises your trust .1%

Yeah, but I get the sense those are pretty rare. I figure that I could play through content/level up now, and then when I inevitably finish everything I'll be stuck grinding trust masteries without friend points or I could just do it in reverse and get the friend points as a bonus now.

Pejo

Excited for a new trial. Based on the wiki, this one should be a piece of cake after the hell that was Frost Dragon.

Armor reward seems good for tanks too.

Somnia

Just started this, enjoying it so far.

Is there a way to play the android version on my PC? I'd much rather play it that way while at home than on my phone.

CCIE

Banned
Where do I get orange magicites? Need to train up the Golem a little bit, but cannot seem to find them anywhere

Riiight.

And Kuja's not gonna suck balls at 6stars too. <3

Aren't we cute, dreaming about impossibilities.

I just wrote I believe she does because I wasn't sure if was her that gets slots at 6*or if it was someone else. Looking it up again, she does indeed get 4 ability slots at 6*.

Valus

Got a couple endgame questions:

1) Which trophies are easy to get? I only need a few more for hero ring recipe and I don't know which to get. How can I get the max damage one?

2) Vortex of trials - any reason to do? Is the boss the same?

3) Where to get dragon hide? I need something like that for the coral sword quest but can't find any. Tried to steal from t-rex monsters and mini dragons a number of times but didn't get any...

4) Not sure who I should be going for character wise. Currently using Bartz, Firion, Celes, Edgar, and Krile. I hope that Krile will be good enough to fill my white/black Mage roles. Celes feels kind of weak so far, not sure if I am satisfied with her but she's only 4* so far. Thoughts? I want to be able to handle all the content the game has.

elty

Yes, awake my CoD to 5* finally! Even though it tok less than 10 days.

Gonna level her to lv40 or so then work on Bartz -> Kefka -> Rain -> Fina -> Lass.

864 740 080

Pejo

Where do I get orange magicites? Need to train up the Golem a little bit, but cannot seem to find them anywhere

Someone gave me great advice for leveling espers a bit ago, just run Phantom Forest exploration over and over and over. It gives a lot of Green MEGAcites, Green Magicites, Magicite, Shards, lots of awakening materials, good unit xp (if you kill all the enemies) and good rank xp. It's pretty much the best stage for all sorts of types of grinding that we have right now.

I've been using all my stamina on it for only about a week now and I have every esper to at least level 20 2*. It's great.

Yes, awake my CoD to 5* finally! Even though it tok less than 10 days.

Gonna level her to lv40 or so then work on Bartz -> Kefka -> Rain -> Fina -> Lass.

864 740 080

Grats!

How'd you level most effectively? I'm trying to get golbez and kefka to 5* and its soul crushing

325,101, 195 if you want to add!

CCIE

Banned
Okay, maxed out my entire party before leveling... time to do the Awakening Vortex. Should take a few days. By my count I need more than 30 sacred crystals. 15 for Chizuru alone

MechaX

Okay, just downloaded this game a few hours ago. It was pretty fun, but I wish I didn't even hear about the rerolling method, because now I'm hooked.

I am trying to see whether or not I should reroll, as I got a 4* Luna, 4* Golbez, 4* Kefka, 4* Sabin, 4* Galuf, and a 5* Chizuru among other random folk. I know I didn't get Vaan, Cecil, or Bartz, and those are supposed to be the bees knees, but seriously, can I just start the game with what I got? (and hope Sabin gets upgraded) Or should I just try to aim at getting certain characters if you can just grind them to higher star ratings?

I'm pretty sure she does. Maybe someone with JP version can confirm. From that link you posted. Google translated of course.

"Ability frame four with a star 6 awakening

Clouds of darkness, it will have four abilities frame when you awake in the star 6. There is no ability frame at the time of the star 5, but was not able to strengthen and or equipped with the ability or raise the status, because the ability frame with a star 6 has become four, tends to strengthen in such attack + 10% year."

As hard as that is to read, I'm pretty sure it's saying she gets 4 slots at 6*. I know I've read it other places too, I just can't find it anywhere else than this until analysis over at reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/4pxk8m/unit_analyses_bartz_cloud_of_darkness/

Okay, just downloaded this game a few hours ago. It was pretty fun, but I wish I didn't even hear about the rerolling method, because now I'm hooked.

I am trying to see whether or not I should reroll, as I got a 4* Luna, 4* Golbez, 4* Kefka, 4* Sabin, 4* Galuf, and a 5* Chizuru among other random folk. I know I didn't get Vaan, Cecil, or Bartz, and those are supposed to be the bees knees, but seriously, can I just start the game with what I got? (and hope Sabin gets upgraded) Or should I just try to aim at getting certain characters if you can just grind them to higher star ratings?
Chizeru and Kefka are supa dupa pulls. Sabin will prolly never get an upgrade imo, but in all likelihood it won't be hard to get a better pull down the line if u ever decide to use your lapiz on summons in the future so I'd say keep bc yea Chiz slays current content

elty

This screenshot shows CoD with 4 ability slots
ffbe280.jpg

Xion86

My dad fancied playing this so I set it up for him on his iPad.....rolled a 4* Chizuru...:(
*goes back to my average team*

Dawg

So what is the best option to do with multiple Kefka's? Fuse together or farm TM with all? I've got three. Same for Golbez.

wilstreak

I'd love to get Yuna or Tidus or even Auron in my party! Yuna would be a great healer!

not sure about that, as of now only the MC and main antagonist (or the one who is playable in Dissidia) are useful.

Maybe Yuna in FF X-2 version, but she is not a healer, is she?

Can't wait for my Rinoa btw.

Folstern

I'm hoping for Beatrix or some of the other judges in FFXII. They have picked some odd but awesome choices so far like Leo so I'm optimistic.

Does it make sense to wait until the 6 stars hit before grabbing this game? Seems like the new characters tend to be powerful and I'd have a chance at getting them if I install once they hit. I am Setsuna comes out next week so I'm not in a rush to play this if it's more advantageous to wait. What are the benefits of installing now versus waiting?

Xion86

Okay decided to switch my team up a little today:

4* Lasswell (55)
4* Rain (60)
4* Kain (53)
4* Maria (58) > 2* Fina (22)
4* Rydia (52) > 3* Golbez (17)

I read earlier that Fina is a better support Mage than Maria...I wish I swapped to her when I first got her now :(
I only just got Golbez today and seems like he will be a decent Mage on the team.
Hopefully a wise decision.

This screenshot shows CoD with 4 ability slots
Thanks for the pic. Was hoping I wasn't going crazy.

Does it make sense to wait until the 6 stars hit before grabbing this game? Seems like the new characters tend to be powerful and I'd have a chance at getting them if I install once they hit. I am Setsuna comes out next week so I'm not in a rush to play this if it's more advantageous to wait. What are the benefits of installing now versus waiting?
I would start right now if you wanted to play. There are a few characters you can get right now if you're lucky enough that will be 6* in the future. Story characters like Rain and Laswell will have have 6* upgrades in the future and they start at 2*. Might as well start now and get them ready to awaken. Not sure how long it will be for the global version to get 6* upgrades though, so I suppose you could wait a little while and still have time to prepare for the upgrades if you didn't want to play this and I am Setsuna at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom