• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

This game is awesome so far, but why do all of the single target limit breaks suck? They do less damage than standard attacks across the board. The ones that hit multiple units are useful for that, at least.

Hard to answer that one without more information.

Common reasons may be:

-- Your characters are low star rarity.
-- Your characters are low level.
-- You are using a friend point unit instead of a premium unit that cost lapis.
-- The stat(s) that governs the limit break attack is low.

-- Any combination of the 4 issues above.

Limit breaks really require high level units, preferably at least 4*s in rarity, with high relevant attacking stats to shine. Otherwise, as you mention, the result is something just marginally better than autoattack.

Lyrian

Where do you see the data about the encounter limit on exploration quest?

The wiki is being updated with the information on that. So far, the wiki has been updated up to Zadehl Westersand with encounter number information and xp totals. Hopefully, per the wiki authors themsevels, better information will be added to the exploration pages over the course of the week.

Slaythe

Do we know why both Cecil got 6 stars updates and Golbez got nothing ?

I thought heroes and villain got it, like Bartz and Ex-death, but seems like they're doing it at random. And by random I mean they threw some units in the trash cause they don't like them.

scarlet

Good lord, I only have 18...need 12 more ; ;

You can get these easily

1. Crushing conqueror (3 trophies). Gold need a lot of buff of your team is underleveled.
2. Limit breaker at least (2 trophies)
3. Legendary thief and Ability master (4 trophies) craft at least 2 steal abilities. Get the recipe from Earth key
4. Arch mage (2)
5. God of War trophy is a given (3)

You can synthesize potion and use it for item trophies and synthesize trophy (2)

If you have 1*, you can awaken them easily for 1 trophy.

Aurizen

not sure about that, as of now only the MC and main antagonist (or the one who is playable in Dissidia) are useful.

Maybe Yuna in FF X-2 version, but she is not a healer, is she?

Can't wait for my Rinoa btw.

No :( she's a Gun mage. I would prefer Yuna (Summoner), Tidus, and Jecht, Like Dissidia.

jwhit28

I managed to beat the White Dragon and pull Vaan but still no Kefka, Golbez or Chizuru.

Current Squad

Firion
Vaan
Edgar
Anzelm (BE Red Mage)
Shantotto

I want to bump Anzelm for Fina or Fran, but he learns so much good white magic (Cura, Poisona, Stona, Regen) and saves me money on items. Am I gonna need 2 healers in the future anyway? Should I keep Anzelm and bump Shantotto? It just doesn't feel like a single cure caster is keeping up, even when I give Anzelm SPR leaning gear.

Irnbru

I managed to beat the White Dragon and pull Vaan but still no Kefka, Golbez or Chizuru.

Current Squad

Firion
Vaan
Edgar
Anzelm (BE Red Mage)
Shantotto

I want to bump Anzelm for Fina or Fran, but he learns so much good white magic (Cura, Poisona, Stona, Regen) and saves me money on items. Am I gonna need 2 healers in the future anyway? Should I keep Anzelm and bump Shantotto? It just doesn't feel like a single cure caster is keeping up, even when I give Anzelm SPR leaning gear.

Fina is pretty fantastic with curaja ( the third level... Not sure of the spelling ) and has tons of slots too.

Dawg

Europa still proceeds to whoop my ass, even with Fina's cheer.

I use Lasswell, Cyan, Medius, Fina and Rain but he still wrecks me. One of his attacks does like 2500 damage. Even with cheer and thunder barthundara I am too weak too survive. Always lose around 40-50% hp.

And when I switch someone for Krile so I can get extra heals, my damage output gets a hit and I end up in the same way as with less heals and more attack.

Even tried equipping everyone thunder spells but then Fina's cheer has no effect anymore ;_;

Running:

5* Bartz
5* Cecil
4* Firion
4* Kefka
4* Fina

Working on the sacred crystals for the 3 4*s and trophies for heroes ring. I need some better weapons. When I use other people's Bartz they do like 3x the damage mine does. I'm about to finish beginner Coliseum so I really need to get my attack power higher.

Running:

5* Bartz
5* Cecil
4* Firion
4* Kefka
4* Fina

Working on the sacred crystals for the 3 4*s and trophies for heroes ring. I need some better weapons. When I use other people's Bartz they do like 3x the damage mine does. I'm about to finish beginner Coliseum so I really need to get my attack power higher.
Hyper wrists and most definitely murasame. Check their equipment tho, bc every now and again I see people with the the golden armor set with the atk 30% and shit

Ran the INT Awakening vortex a few times with no sacred crystals, then read that they're an overkill bonus.

Ran it once more while single-targeting each enemy and got 2 in one run, each as the bonus second item from the enemies' chests. Good going, Internet researchers.

JMPerona

One newbie question:

I played this game on Ipad. What should I do to play it on my phone with the same save file in both? Upload the save file in Ipad and download it on Iphone? How?

CCIE

Banned
I overkilled the crap out of everything, and I'm still not getting many sacred crystals. This is going to take forever

Lyrian

I overkilled the crap out of everything, and I'm still not getting many sacred crystals. This is going to take forever

The RNG in the Awakening Vortex is extremely streaky. Very feast or famine.

Last night, I got 1 sacred crystal in 8 runs.

Went to bed, tried again this morning and got 12 sacred crystals in 6 runs, including a perfect 4 sacred crystal run.

My rule of thumb in situations like this has been if the RNG is not going your way at all, just back away and come back later.

Slaythe

Who knows when we'll even see them :/

I want the secret of mana characters too.

If we get a Chrono trigger cross over, I'm wasting my life savings on this game, just saying.

Btw, anybody knows where I can get the flame rod ?

Having fira would help out my Kuja being a bit more polyvalent.

broz0rs

Best way to farm Sacred Crystals in INT Awakening is to set your team to auto-battle and simply don't care for the day or two. You'll find out that you'll have enough for the character of your choice and your entire team.

Mexen

Yesterday I was in a thread where OP was asking about which FFVI version to play (only once every month, such threads, amirite?) Anyway, he heaped praise on Brave Exvius and so I decided to download and check it out. I have barely begun (just two quests so far) but I am already charmed by the game. I have not felt this way about a sprite based FF title since VI and I like how comfortable I am with the touch controls. Really great stuff.

Had to do the quest for Hungers. Forgot Chocobo Eaters could drop holy crystals! Deserted Southwest last stage hit it up! I think the exviuswiki only shows sacred but I just got a holy crystal so just a slight PSA

bonkeng

Yesterday I was in a thread where OP was asking about which FFVI version to play (only once every month, such threads, amirite?) Anyway, he heaped praise on Brave Exvius and so I decided to download and check it out. I have barely begun (just two quests so far) but I am already charmed by the game. I have not felt this way about a sprite based FF title since VI and I like how comfortable I am with the touch controls. Really great stuff.

Welcome to the club.

It's unique in that it combines gacha games with jrpg elements.

Most gacha games is just, Battle Battle Battle, pull for good units and evolve them, Battle Battle Battle. Rinse and repeat.

FFBE has towns and exploration maps, secret quests, hidden bosses etc, just like old school jrpg. That's what separate it from most gacha IMO.

scarlet

My ID xxx

I have 3 slots.

My current leader is max lvl 5* Chizuru equipped with hero's ring.

Feel free to add me and use her.

Edit: full.

TTOOLL

I played just a little bit but I'm hooked! It really is Final Fantasy!!! I got a question though. Should I focus on a small number of characters when fighting?

I played just a little bit but I'm hooked! It really is Final Fantasy!!! I got a question though. Should I focus on a small number of characters when fighting?
Just lvl with your best units and always use a friend summon bc they don't take any exp at the end so theres no negatives

Zafir

Best way to farm Sacred Crystals in INT Awakening is to set your team to auto-battle and simply don't care for the day or two. You'll find out that you'll have enough for the character of your choice and your entire team.

Yeah that's what I did yesterday.

Upgraded Vaan to 4* and also got enough to upgrade Chizuru to 5* when I get her to level 60. Level grinding seems pretty damn slow though at higher levels.

Rixa

I started this last Friday when my 3 Shantottos were 0%. Kinda surprised to see that difference between TM % of those 3 Shants is so low.
This will take some time and I think Ill use some Lapis to nrg. Fairly sure that there will be new content before this is done, but it can wait. I want to finish this before moving forward :). Estimate somewhere between 8-10 weeks, depending how much I have time (using phone btw).

Screenshot_20160712-123333.png

bonkeng

Yeah that's what I did yesterday.

Upgraded Vaan to 4* and also got enough to upgrade Chizuru to 5* when I get her to level 60. Level grinding seems pretty damn slow though at higher levels.

Only hope is Cactuar Dune. You can max most your units with just one event.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Because of account transfer stupidity i lost a really good account of mine a couple of days ago (Cecil, Firion, Chizu 5*, Kefka, Golbez) ...that was quite frustrating, just when i posted the ID here for people to add me lol.

Took a while but i got another solid one. If you still have space left shoot me an invite:
I started this last Friday when my 3 Shantottos were 0%. Kinda surprised to see that difference between TM % of those 3 Shants is so low.
This will take some time and I think Ill use some Lapis to nrg. Fairly sure that there will be new content before this is done, but it can wait. I want to finish this before moving forward :). Estimate somewhere between 8-10 weeks, depending how much I have time (using phone btw).

Man thats some solid progress there - are you planning on fusing them or reaching 100% with each of them ? Your Ex-Death will be so OP...yikes, i dont even wanna imagine his 6* version with +30 Magic traits, Just nuts.

Rixa

Because of account transfer stupidity i lost a really good account of mine a couple of days ago (Cecil, Firion, Chizu 5*, Kefka, Golbez) ...that was quite frustrating, just when i posted the ID here for people to add me lol.

Took a while but i got another solid one. If you still have space left shoot me an invite:

Man thats some solid progress there - are you planning on fusing them or reaching 100% with each of them ? Your Ex-Death will be so OP...yikes, i dont even wanna imagine his 6* version with +30 Magic traits, Just nuts.
Fr sent.

I dont want to be lazy ;) so its going to be 4x30% mag to Exdeath and + Cecils Excalibur to someone.

And since Ill get those TMs first and plan to use Cecil in party. He gives nice 100% Trust Mastery chest in every battle (outside of colo & vortex).
Thus, Iam not in hurry to clear future content.

bonkeng

Fr sent.

I dont want to be lazy ;) so its going to be 4x30% mag to Exdeath and + Cecils Excalibur to someone.

And since Ill get those TMs first and plan to use Cecil in party. He gives nice 100% Trust Mastery chest in every battle (outside of colo & vortex).

You already got Exdeath? Wow. What does your team look like now?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Fr sent.

4x30% on ExDeath is just crazy....i havent looked up JPN content so far but im scared to think of how difficult the content can get if people run around with such units lol.

Also i didnt know that 100% TM is a guaranteed extra Item Drop...thats nice. So even for shittier F2P you always get an extra Item if they are in your squad ? Thanks for the invite - im counting the days until your Ex-Death is ready heh.

PS. I hope to pull Cecil on my newer account down the line as well - Tank is the only thing im missing.

I keep dreaming I'll pull Cid tha god down the line bc he's one of my favorite FF characters but I need to lower my expectations bc that drop rate will be shtoopid low

Rixa

You already got Exdeath? Wow. What does your team look like now?
I did use 13 summons when rate up started and "only" got Golbez & 4th Shantotto :p. Since I knew there was rate up and pretty good chance to get Kefka I decided to use all my future Lapis & Tix to summon when there is rateup & units I could use. Next day (Saturday evening) I got 500 Lapis (thanks to giveaway 100 Lapis) and made one summon, hoping for Kefka :p.

Well it wasnt Kefka:
Ok screw the summon plan, lets collect Lapis & Tix for something something in future. Cause I really dont need anything. Perhaps better healer than 4* Krile (which will be 5* in future).

I have Medius (maxed) Rakshasa (3* unleveled), Golbez (4* lvl 59). Then I have these:

Exdeath is now 5*, not max leveled. I dont have single dupe, not a F2P but I haven' t whaled either. Around 35% of money used has gone to Slots.

Heng

Damn that sucks... I have a spare account with Exdeath, Vann, Krile, and a few more if your new account isn't better. It has 65 friend slot, but it's not very far into the story.

It's yours if you want it, just send me a PM or a message here.

Also I did a random pull and got Golbez... Is he any good?

bonkeng

I did use 13 summons when rate up started and "only" got Golbez & 4th Shantotto :p. Since I knew there was rate up and pretty good chance to get Kefka I decided to use all my future Lapis & Tix to summon when there is rateup & units I could use. Next day (Saturday evening) I got 500 Lapis (thanks to giveaway 100 Lapis) and made one summon, hoping for Kefka :p.

Well it wasnt Kefka:

Ok screw the summon plan, lets collect Lapis & Tix for something something in future. Cause I really dont need anything. Perhaps better healer than 4* Krile (which will be 5* in future).

I have Medius (maxed) Rakshasa (3* unleveled), Golbez (4* lvl 59). Then I have these:

Exdeath is now 5*, not max leveled. I dont have single dupe, not a F2P but I haven' t whaled either. Around 35% of money used has gone to Slots.

That's a pretty OP team you got. All roles are filled, from defuffer, tanker and dps.

Your set for a very looooooong time.

You should handicap yourself and bring only 3 of them every battle lol.

Kouriozan

Looks like my new main team is almost ready.

tqNo7Bzl.jpg

All 5 stars, currently leveling Golbez/Kefka/Roselia, and crafting my 7th Hero's Ring.
I'll probably level my 5x Kefka team with the metal cactuar event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom