• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemandey

This is gonna be boring...

rk0tstr.jpg
C2c1bFx.jpg
y9Wfa8j.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Damn that sucks... I have a spare account with Exdeath, Vann, Krile, and a few more if your new account isn't better. It has 65 friend slot, but it's not very far into the story.

It's yours if you want it, just send me a PM or a message here.

Also I did a random pull and got Golbez... Is he any good?
Thanks Heng,
i probably should have mentioned it before this would have saved me some rerolls lol. I ended up with quite a good account so it turned out good at the end. Maybe another Gaffer will have use for it down the line - especially good for people who dont reroll.

Golbez is a solid mage - Kefka/Ex-Death are better obv but he learn most of the GA spells so he can be used for magic elemental chains with other Mages.

Need to send out some more FR later - because i want to get through the early content fast.

Edit:

@Post above me
Man you guys are going in xD

Xion86

I've beaten the game and maxed my main units.. So yeah I don't have much to do right now.

and TM grinding isn't that hard if you go with 5 same units.

I'm currently just fusing dupes I have together when I get them from multi summons, should I be levelling them up a bit beforehand and then fuse them?

Clearos

I rerolled because I wasted too much lapis on summon tickets. Got Exdeath, goblez and Vaan.

Currently spending all my lapis on friend slots. I now know how it feels to be the popular kid in highschool.

mikemandey

I'm currently just fusing dupes I have together when I get the, from multi summons, should I be levelling them up a bit beforehand and then fuse them?

For standard summons,

Just fuse them. Leveling them isn't worth it, if you already have a good team. Except if you plan to sell, then yeah, better to sell them after reaching max level.

Mexen

Welcome to the club.

It's unique in that it combines gacha games with jrpg elements.

Most gacha games is just, Battle Battle Battle, pull for good units and evolve them, Battle Battle Battle. Rinse and repeat.

FFBE has towns and exploration maps, secret quests, hidden bosses etc, just like old school jrpg. That's what separate it from most gacha IMO.

Thank you. I am three quests in and your post was refreshing to read.

Xion86

For standard summons,

Just fuse them. Leveling them isn't worth it, if you already have a good team. Except if you plan to sell, then yeah, better to sell them after reaching max level.

Great thanks.

One thing I do enjoy about the game is even if us unlucky ones don't have the really rare top tier characters, we're still able to have them in our team as a companion, with access to their skills. I do love that. Instead of just some auto play companion.

CCIE

Banned
Damn, I just did the math, and I need 41 sacred crystals. I have gotten eight so far. At least the drop rate seems higher if I don't take a companion with me. I also need half a dozen holy crystals, and a few earth cores but those will probably drop in the Awakening Vortex anyway as I go.

Vex_

Banned
*sigh*

Just waiting for the Chimera boss to come this weekend now... My team is so strong that the Colosseum is actually making me angry. All this filler until you get to a boss that actually requires some sort of strategy to beat.

Currently in S1 and just slogging away.

EDarkness

Wait...so Fina is better than Maria? Really?

I have no idea about what makes a good group composition. I haven't had much luck getting new characters, though I did get a 5* Kefka. No idea how to make good use of him, though. My group is mostly melee based, though I do find that Duane is pretty awesome. I tried to roll with a 3* red mage, but he was constantly getting killed, so I figured it was better to trade up for something else.

Might make Duane my leader so that friends might feel better using that character instead of Maria. Again, I thought about Kefka, but I'm not sure about that.

cw_sasuke

Finas Cheer skill is quite OP - a blessing for physical dmg dealers.

I expanded my friend list for anyone who could accept my invite earlier - or just add me now.

Looking for daily gifters.
The drop rate must be microscopic, been farming that stage forever.
Oh okay...thats just shitty luck for you then - ill have to farm those stages as well. Not looking forward to it.

Slaythe

*sigh*

Just waiting for the Chimera boss to come this weekend now... My team is so strong that the Colosseum is actually making me angry. All this filler until you get to a boss that actually requires some sort of strategy to beat.

Currently in S1 and just slogging away.

My Kuja is one shotting virtually everything in the colosseum so far.

In the rare case a boss survives, Firion can finish him off in one turn.

Lyrian

Yup. Check for yourself:

https://exviuswiki.com/Fina

https://exviuswiki.com/Maria

Maria is trash. Absolute GARBAGE.

Ehh.... small caveat there.

Compared to Fina, Maria is subpar **right now**, with both a max awakening/levels. In the future, not so much.

Maria JP link

In JP, Maria has her 5* form, which gives her Protectga, Curaja, and Raise. (And very situationally, Dispelga).

That places her roughly in line with 5* Fina, with pluses and minuses. (Fina adv: Cheer gives group ATK+ in addition to DEF+; Maria adv: Curaja + Raise).

All that said goes out the window, however, when Fina will inevitably get her 6* form somewhere down the road.

CCIE

Banned
The fact is that most "power" teams are OP for this level of content. Rain, Lasswell, and Fina will all be 6* and are free. Chizuru is on my team, and she is a beast before 5* status, not to mention 6*. I'm training up Kefka, and he is a beast as well.

Just play for fun. Enjoy yourself, and don't worry so much about the "best" team. It's all relative. I saw one person here who has Chizuru, CoD, Firion, Cecil, ExDeath, and Vaan. They may have had Bartz as well. That team would rock essentially anything, with absolutely no challenge involved. I'm hopeful that the latter parts of the game will be harder. The Snow Dragon is supposedly pretty tough.

Personally, I simply am going for the best TMR's with my team. I have Zidane, Chizuru, Celes, Terra, and Kefka as my main team. Yes, eventually my Chizuru will double wield Katanas at +50% attack and wear armor that resists the elements. Months down the line. Also, will train up Golbez, and Shantotto when time allows.

I sure would like Cecil though, which is funny because I originally had him and didn't appreciate him in my first game

poncle

Facebook friends list is out of sync, and I'm not getting the 100 free daily lapis anymore. Support is not replying. Anyone else with the same issue?

Syrus

Banned
Facebook friends list is out of sync, and I'm not getting the 100 free daily lapis anymore. Support is not replying. Anyone else with the same issue?

Facebook friends will bug your friend list too. Had to delete all dacebook friends

Also only get lapis for 20.

The fact is that most "power" teams are OP for this level of content. Rain, Lasswell, and Fina will all be 6* and are free. Chizuru is on my team, and she is a beast before 5* status, not to mention 6*. I'm training up Kefka, and he is a beast as well.

Just play for fun. Enjoy yourself, and don't worry so much about the "best" team. It's all relative. I saw one person here who has Chizuru, CoD, Firion, Cecil, ExDeath, and Vaan. They may have had Bartz as well. That team would rock essentially anything, with absolutely no challenge involved. I'm hopeful that the latter parts of the game will be harder. The Snow Dragon is supposedly pretty tough.

Personally, I simply am going for the best TMR's with my team. I have Zidane, Chizuru, Celes, Terra, and Kefka as my main team. Yes, eventually my Chizuru will double wield Katanas at +50% attack and wear armor that resists the elements. Months down the line. Also, will train up Golbez, and Shantotto when time allows.

I sure would like Cecil though, which is funny because I originally had him and didn't appreciate him in my first game

Shantotto is LIFE! I hope to god she gets a 5 or 6*

poncle

Facebook friends will bug your friend list too. Had to delete all dacebook friends

Also only get lapis for 20.

It seemed too good to be true 100 daily lapis forever, for all early adopters.

Can't even remove people from facebook list, they just come back after reloading the page. Too bad is showing only 20 instead of those 40-50 it should.

Oh okay...thats just shitty luck for you then - ill have to farm those stages as well. Not looking forward to it.

Whelp, I'm a believer now.

There are three different mobs that can drop mystic ore on that stage and whilst some say it can also be stolen, that didn't work for me.

Persistence did however pay off, mystic ore am GET

Lyrian

I'm not getting the 100 free daily lapis anymore.

Pretty sure the Lapis Giveaway was only for 10 days, with day 10 being yesterday. Also, any mention of it has been erased off the news board, so the event is definitely over.

Everyone will have to wait for the next event for more free daily lapis in the mail.

Vex_

Banned
My Kuja is one shotting virtually everything in the colosseum so far.

In the rare case a boss survives, Firion can finish him off in one turn.

Yea. My characters are on an entirely different level now. It is like a ssjb fighting Ssj2 gohan.

cw_sasuke

MVP Kain - Muramasa get !!

Okay he and Galuf didnt do too much but at the end Kain Jump ability was very useful for landing the final hit.

Do we know how long this boost for Kefka, Golbez and Chi is going to last?
I dont think there is a official date but 1 week runtime for the boosted rate seems likely.

CCIE

Banned
If you guys would be nice and accept friends request from my daughter, I'd appreciate it. She expressed an interest to play, and she even rolled better than I did. She has a 5* Chiruzu

ErinGAF

Lyrian

When do you
unlock Fina as a party member? I just got on the ship and unlocked the Lanzelt region.

When you unlock Grandport, all the way on the far left coastline of Lanzelt (past the forest and the desert areas).

Lyrian

If you guys would be nice and accept friends request from my daughter, I'd appreciate it. She expressed an interest to play, and she even rolled better than I did. She has a 5* Chiruzu

ErinGAF

Opened up a friend slot and sent a friend request in her direction.

Lyrian

Grats cw_sasuke and Dawg on the clears!

I'm not looking forward to either of those fights (almost at Europa myself).

Kouriozan

ugh.. Golbez can't equip MAG armor and headgear? His MAG stat is going to be crippled as a black mage.
He got 2703 HP at max level/5*, that's huge.
Personally I just love his sprite and he can help with element chains in my mage team.
Let's hope for an amazing 6* awakening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom