• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Exactly

6 star all your capable units NOW

We dont know when itll be this easy again

Candies rain in this event. Its even worth lapis refils depending on your current goals

Yea i'm considering pumping out a few refreshes. Better use of lapis than daily pull, IMO.

I've never refreshed before, does it only fill you up to your current max, or does it add a full NRG bar to what you have?

Like, if i have 5/77 NRG, and I refresh, does it fill to 77/77 or 82/77?

Oh also, I've been meaning to ask this a while: how do cover abilities work? I read somewhere that you have to defend to get them to work, but I know in the past when I've been Auto-battling, Cecil has covered people. I'm getting mixed results when I search for info.

Thanks guys ,

What matts should i be buying for my future 6 star guys??

Buy ALL the discounted mats (20 of each one at 160 candy a piece)

Then look up the requirements for each unit you plan to push to 6 star and stock up after that

I do recommend getting the Star Quartz, Equipment, Tickets, Cactuars, Screamroot if you can as well

Also since you are having a rough time try to snag Cat Lid (should be an easy pull) and her Materia

She is looking like a F2Play bruiser. Highly recommended

Yea i'm considering pumping out a few refreshes. Better use of lapis than daily pull, IMO.

I've never refreshed before, does it only fill you up to your current max, or does it add a full NRG bar to what you have?

Like, if i have 5/77 NRG, and I refresh, does it fill to 77/77 or 82/77?

Oh also, I've been meaning to ask this a while: how do cover abilities work? I read somewhere that you have to defend to get them to work, but I know in the past when I've been Auto-battling, Cecil has covered people. I'm getting mixed results when I search for info.

Refresh puts you at your current Max. So make sure to burn your NRG first

Cover works an ANY Non-Attack action. So Heals, Buffs, Defend etc... will all allow Cover to Proc

Razmos

So today ive:
Finally got Dual Wield
Awakened Ramza to 6* and got him to level 100
Got my 2nd Earring for Kefka
Got Black Cat Lid

And the day isn't even over yet!
Loving this event. I can farm the pumpkin boss incredibly easy, safely and quickly and the prices all seem pretty fair.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just going to get the set of 20 for each 6*, then 20 for each standard awakening material. I don't want to have to waste NRG on Awakening Pro and a single run of this grantees 15 units. So I'll get everything on want, then daily three runs will be used for additional materials.

Muku

As of right now, not really sure I am digging this event so much. Feels so drug out with 15 battles. Are yall bringing caster only groups?

Yeah

For 160 a piece you can buy 20 of each type

For 540 you can buy as many as you want

Stock up now folks

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh!!! Okay, gotcha.
Total brain fart. I thought he was saying that if you bought those mats at 540 candy corn, they were an infinite item. But what he was actually saying is that you can buy them an infinite amount of times.

That makes a LOT more sense now.

As of right now, not really sure I am digging this event so much. Feels so drug out with 15 battles. Are yall bringing caster only groups?

Why are you running the 15 battles more than once

Are you nuts?\

FARM Pumpkin KING ADV boss for an easy 1500 candy guaranteed

Syrus

Banned
Buy ALL the discounted mats (20 of each one at 160 candy a piece)

Then look up the requirements for each unit you plan to push to 6 star and stock up after that

I do recommend getting the Star Quartz, Equipment, Tickets, Cactuars, Screamroot if you can as well

Also since you are having a rough time try to snag Cat Lid (should be an easy pull) and her Materia

She is looking like a F2Play bruiser. Highly recommended

Refresh puts you at your current Max. So make sure to burn your NRG first

Cover works an ANY Non-Attack action. So Heals, Buffs, Defend etc... will all allow Cover to Proc

I have cat lid , is she good?

Muku

Why are you running the 15 battles more than once

Are you nuts?\

FARM Pumpkin KING ADV boss for an easy 1500 candy guaranteed

I'm not. Just going through all of the stuff once right now. But I got so bored less than halfway through the one 15 that it felt like an eternity.

Syntsui

We are farming the boss fight that lasts 1 minute and net 1550 candies. The event with the 15 battles is worthless.

Muku

How is PRO Rider for the Scyther. Is it more like ELT? Or is it actually PRO. Tempted whether to get or not.

Edit: wait nvm sounds like we can't unlock this yet

CCIE

Banned
I've bought all the Cactuars on my PRI account, took my secondary Cecil I pulled a few days ago (the other one will level LB), and pumped him all the way up to high level 6 star. Just a few more levels needed for better stats and Focus. I hope the dunes will be open soon so I can finish him off, then finish leveling Rydia on this account. Lapis refresh for energy may be in the cards for that account since it has more than 6 hours of energy.

My ALT actually has an easier time with this event, because two L100 Lightnings ( mine and a FL one ), rock this boss. I sacrificed a little bit of attack to put the Jeweled Ring on her, and never have a problem killing it before the Doom effect kicks in. My ALT account should be caught up in the story by the end of next week as well through just dailies... Now that Agrias, ExDeath, and Locke are basically maxed through Cactuars (Damn, I missed FB), this will become my new primary. I spend most of my time with it, anyway...

Lyrian

How is PRO Rider for the Scyther. Is it more like ELT? Or is it actually PRO. Tempted whether to get or not.

PRO rider isn't available yet.

ADV rider is about the same as PRO Babil.. It's doable without Lightning or 6* units, but you're going to need a long Firaga chain to pull it off without her.

I'd expect PRO rider to be about the same as ELT Golbez, which will probably release next week, perhaps around Halloween.

Alkez

If you have Gugnir is there much point going after the Death Scythe when it comes out? I don't really see myself using the Reap Blood skill.

Lyrian

And speaking of Firaga chains....

-- Archmage Gold (#56) acquired, 500 more shiny lapis.

Running out of lapis sources to claim :/

Muku

PRO rider isn't available yet.

ADV rider is about the same as PRO Babil.. It's doable without Lightning or 6* units, but you're going to need a long Firaga chain to pull it off without her.

I'd expect PRO rider to be about the same as ELT Golbez, which will probably release next week, perhaps around Halloween.

So basically with ADV Rider, bring a caster group.

Hmm... don't have enough with Firaga to do a long chain.

I have Exdeath (almost capped), Terra, Kefka, and Kuja. For last spot is it better to bring a healer or tank? Or is Vivi, even at cap at current crappy level, okay to bring>

CCIE

Banned
I may finally be able to put ELT Babel to rest on my ALT account in a couple of days after these Cactuars... I just need to get Baraerora first with one of my daily explorations. Probably day after tomorrow ;) Need Barstonra as well for the ADV Colosseum runs

LOL that Lightning is basically soloing the ADV Colosseum on my ALT account - halfway through C3, with no help except another unit to heal, and Charlotte to tank. She is so incredibly OP

Lyrian

I have Exdeath (almost capped), Terra, Kefka, and Kuja. For last spot is it better to bring a healer or tank? Or is Vivi, even at cap at current crappy level, okay to bring>

First slot - Tank (To handle Fear Strike)
Chainers - Exdeath, Terra. Do you have Tellah? Kuja doesn't know Firaga.
Kefka can work via Hyperdrive.
Fifth slot, Lenna can work with the right esper for debuff (Imperil) duty, but do you have anyone with Focus?

Friend slot - bring highest MAG Tellah or Exdeath that you can find (if not Lightning).

Fire Rods, Ifrit and Fira Materia can cover the difference. Yeah Firaga is technically ideal but 5x Fira chain beats throwing out only 2 firagas

Muku

First slot - Tank (To handle Fear Strike)
Chainers - Exdeath, Terra. Do you have Tellah? Kuja doesn't know Firaga.
Kefka can work via Hyperdrive.
Fifth slot, Lenna can work with the right esper for debuff (Imperil) duty, but do you have anyone with Focus?

Friend slot - bring highest MAG Tellah or Exdeath that you can find (if not Lightning).

These are sadly my casters. I wish I had a Tellah. That's my problem and why I said I don't have enough for a Firaga chain. I definitely have Lenna. I sadly have no one with Focus. This is the frustration of my daily pulls. Can't get anyone with Focus or Full Break.

Sadly, my Cecil is only 4* and not yet capped on that. Is it still okay for him?

I've noticed not many folks today have casters up. But will see what Friend Slot list can provide maybe outside of GAF.

Also, my Exdeath is only 76. Hopefully during this stuff he'll cap out though.

ExVicis

So just started this event and wow, this is way easier compared to the last couple events. Does it get harder later on? Also what's the must have list for the candies right now? I'm way behind on stuff and everyone else in this thread seems way up to date as usual.

It's only easy if you have units though. My casters are....not great right now and I'm relying on a Lightning friend to pull me through.

Casting isnt the only option

Physical units can do well here with proper prep

Fire weapons, stacking bonuses (undead and plant killer) but yeah

If you dont have a setup to drop the ADV boss in 3 turns it gets rough. There are quite a few Lightning friends both on here and in the wild

Snag em so you can bust up this event and catch up to the current power creep

Muku

Yeah. This Hyperdrive doesn't feel like it's doing crap to this guy. I feel like I just don't have the group for this. Or the stuff for it.

CCIE

Banned
Muku - a Lightning unit, using Crushing Blow can put a SERIOUS dent in the ADV boss. Forget the Chain fire attacks with her. My first account didn't have Lightning, but mine had Lenna, as does yours.

Lenna's Cheer gives a FL Lightning even more power with CB. Barrage with Chorizo and the Fire Katana, and a few mages make up the difference. You just need to bring unicorn horns to get people out of paralyze status. I have a mainly mage team on that account, and it is definitely doable. But you need to focus on maxing what you have. The Cactuars should be your first buy, and Lenna should be your first max for Cheer. Chorizo next for Barrage. Etc, etc... Also, you need Royal Guard on Charlotte ( it makes ALL the difference with her )

BTW, FB doesn't break that much with this boss - it looks to work on some things but not others.

Got Memu working but keeps getting interrupted by exceeding mat cap or asking if I want to send a FR to whatever friend it chooses ha I sold off virtually all of the mats that you get from Earth Shrine so now it can pile up all it wants. I don't want to blow any lapis on adding slots, all must be saved for Orlandu ;p

For the new page in case you missed it :

New trial is that 5 wave with Great Demon at the end, reward is a 18 ATK/ 72 MAG rod.

More story = easy lapis wooooh! Can we do that new trial if we haven't beaten Brachiosaur? That snort bullshit is too cheap. I can't stand skills like that.

Iceman829

I guess I should use my time with this event to power up my Cecil with both LB pots and then level him up from 3* to 6*. I'm just going to save up and buy the basket and mask to improve my team first and then work my way through the other items. The only downside is my Event team and Colosseum team are different so I have to keep switching gear and characters. Sorry in advance if you are trying to use either my Kefka or Tellah and the MAG is low because I'm swapping.

Valentus

You should really watch my vídeo all that are having trouble with the trial.

You only need an exdeath or tellah and a fríend exdeath or tellah

The best of the party all of you should be able to make it:

- a full breaker (wol agrias)
- lennah with ifrit esper with fire or Fira
- kefka or another mage with fire rod equipped (access to Fira) and imperil
- a Focus user (lid, Celes, vaan or ramza) with Fira materia

Turn 1

Full break - imperil - Focus - firaga firaga Fira(that Fira from lennah, if not have ramza, use cheer)

Turn 2

Provoke with full breaker
Firaga
Firaga
Fira
Fira
Fira

Turn 3

Potion with provoke
Curaja
Firaga
Firaga
Fira
Fira

Turn 4

Same of turn 3. Esuna or Phoenix down with full breaker if neccesary

I made mistake of no chaining well but in 4 turns you should be able to take down the pumpkin

Muku

Muku - a Lightning unit, using Crushing Blow can put a SERIOUS dent in the ADV boss. Forget the Chain fire attacks with her. My first account didn't have Lightning, but mine had Lenna, as does yours.

Lenna's Cheer gives a FL Lightning even more power with CB. Barrage with Chorizo and the Fire Katana, and a few mages make up the difference. You just need to bring unicorn horns to get people out of paralyze status. I have a mainly mage team on that account, and it is definitely doable. But you need to focus on maxing what you have. The Cactuars should be your first buy, and Lenna should be your first max for Cheer. Chorizo next for Barrage. Etc, etc...

BTW, FB doesn't break that much with this boss - it looks to work on some things but not others.

I don't own a Lightning though. So I'm again needing to pull from FLs on that. :( Don't have Chizuru either. Best melee wise that I have that can use the fire katana are Garland and Miyuki.

Fortunately Lenna is on my main time and is maxed out. Best I have for Barrage is CoD. :(

My main team usually consists of maxed 5* CoD, Garland, Lenna, Terra, and Kefka.

Valentus: That's great, but some of us have no luck. No Full Breaker and no Focus user. If that were the case it'd be a hell of a lot easier.

Shouta

JP servers finally up and my first free pull from the Anniversary celebration is Rikku. Yes! 1000 free lapis too because of the long ass maintenance

CCIE

Banned
Could have sworn you had Chiruzu... a LOT of people here have Lightning, including me. I'm pretty sure I'm on your FL - Megan. If not, give me your ID and i will shoot you a FR. My Lightning isn't as good as Valentus is, but she gets the job done for now.

Shouta - you basically have most of the premium characters on the JP server now, right? Very nice!

Muku

Could have sworn you had Chiruzu... a LOT of people here have Lightning, including me. I'm pretty sure I'm on your FL - Megan. If not, give me your ID and i will shoot you a FR. My Lightning isn't as good as Valentus is, but she gets the job done for now.

You are on my list, but it won't be enough to carry me and my crappy group. Have a few on list with her, but this event is going to be a struggle, I can tell.

I had Chizuru on my alt acount that I thought I was going to settle with. Then decided not to and pulled until I had a Delita. That account sadly has no Chizuru either now.

Edit: This crap wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for half your party getting death sentence at start. Ugh. I'm just beginning to wonder if it's better to get summoning tickets/quartz and not bothering with rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom