• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the best Lightning attack to use against Pumpkin Rider? I used Flamestrike and while I won, it only seemed to be slightly stronger than my Tellah's Firaga.

So then Crushing Blow is the way to go? I only use friend's Lightnings, dont have one of my own.

if they have the flame katana, crushing blow is what you want to use

Crushing blow just has a ridiculous modifier

I dont know how it calculates it damage but it cuts down everything and gets bonuses from equipment and passives

Probably the strongest move in the game right now

And what do you use if they don't have the flame katana?

honestly, crushing blow probably still is the best thing to use, just a strong ass move.

maybe flame blitz could be better if you're good at chaining a bunch of firagas to it but i aint got time for that

Broseybrose

Much thanks!

I'm using my first candies to max my 5* Terra to help with the fight. Already have Tellah, Kefka, and Shantotto (and Vivi) maxed.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Pumpkin has -20% fire resistance and -50% holy resistance, So more than the flame katana, its excalibur the Killer app here

Seems like it is better to not equip both too, since it will average. Better to have Excalibur and Saka(or even Marasamu), than Chifi, since it will decrease the 50% to 35%.

Decided to pull also, wanted Black Cat Lid, got Black Cat Lid. I'm content. ^_^. I felt like I wanted one unit to say I was here.

Shouta

Damn, I really want to get Prishe. I think I might have to drop a little bit on the game to try and pull her. D=

Seems like it is better to not equip both too, since it will average. Better to have Excalibur and Saka(or even Marasamu), than Chifi, since it will decrease the 50% to 35%.

Decided to pull also, wanted Black Cat Lid, got Black Cat Lid. I'm content. ^_^. I felt like I wanted one unit to say I was here.

The Fuck?

So bonuses arent additive?

UrSuLeTzU

Yeah. This Hyperdrive doesn't feel like it's doing crap to this guy. I feel like I just don't have the group for this. Or the stuff for it.

I dunno man, my 2 Kefka's with hyperdrive + Ramza's Ultima seem to do the trick just fine but I use Vaan with focus and Lena with Cheer for the friend Lightning. It just dies in 2 turns with that setup.

Azuran

Banned
Okay, the FFIV on ELT is fucking insane. I greatly understimated how tough it actually is. I can't barely make it past Rubicante without 3 of my characters dying which means I'm completely dead meat by the time Cagnazzo comes along.

Fuck, why did I spent the last week playing Unchained X instead of this?

UrSuLeTzU

Yeah. This Hyperdrive doesn't feel like it's doing crap to this guy. I feel like I just don't have the group for this. Or the stuff for it.

I dunno man, my 2 Kefka's with hyperdrive + Ramza's Ultima seem to do the trick just fine but I use Vaan with focus and Lena with Cheer for the friend Lightning. It just dies in 2 turns with that setup.

Actually, I just ditched Vaan and put my fresh 5* Kain to gain some experience and it still dies in 3 turns even without focus.

Razmos

OfsoilW.png
Getting so much done today!

CCIE

Banned
I first noticed the strength of CB in the Colosseum. My PRI had to do some mage chaining to get through the sections. On my ALT, CB is a one-shot kill in the ADV Colosseum where I am currently at. Something totally satisfying about FB with Agrias, CB with Lightning - dead unit. Rinse and repeat.

Dandte

Argh planned to do two more runs before going to sleep..actually messed up my first pumpkin run and now i will end the day with 350 exp before level up :/

Any ideas for super fast exp/ernergy?

Zhadgon

Well today pull was
R7PoAUYm.png
I am so happy is my first one.

Pumpkin team:
CoD, Chizuru, Fencer, Vaan and Artemios + Lighting Friend.

.n_n.

chrono01

Hey guys, since my main acc won't be active anymore (login just to get daily bonus)

Please add my new acc.. Currently at lvl 20:

I usually use Lightning as the leader. Still at 5* though, hopefully becomes 6* soon
Will add you shortly! :)

Finally!
Equipped dual wield on my Firion with the flame Katana, double plant killer and barrage, and set him as my friend summon. Should be good for the pumpkin boss I hope!
Congrats!

Meanwhile I have 3x10% Trust Moogles and 0 Dual Wields, maybe someday. At this rate I have 100% Trust Moogles before I get my first DW.
Yeah, I'm sitting on 3x Trust Moogles too. I might use them on Ludmille for a faster Dual Cast, but considering I have multiple of her, I'd rather just farm her TM. I'll just continue saving them for now.

OMFG

SGGSFFAHNSIEISISJSBVSVSVHSHSHSHSJJSSNSBSHHSSGVSGSHSHSH
Congrats!

My daily pull gave me Bartz, who is new for me at least. No complaints.

DKCecil was level 45, I decided to buy some Gigantuars to awake him ASAP.
So here we go, my second 6* unit, even if he's not highly rated for now.

4A58etKl.jpg
\o/!

Very good

Stack her up with Physical attack gear, her exclusive materia nad use Hex Stike or Ultimate blow for awesome results

Definitely a Top 5 star unit right now
Wow, I had no idea Black Cat Lid was so good. I might have to continue doing daily pulls for her.

Okay, the FFIV on ELT is fucking insane. I greatly understimated how tough it actually is. I can't barely make it past Rubicante without 3 of my characters dying which means I'm completely dead meat by the time Cagnazzo comes along.

Fuck, why did I spent the last week playing Unchained X instead of this?
Yeah, it's the most difficult content I've seen so far from this game, and I was using an over-powered Lightning friend. My team isn't exactly B-tier either.

Good luck to you. At least, if you don't complete it, the only thing you're missing out on is a Trust Moogle and not an amazing event-exclusive piece of equipment.

One little inconsistency in this game that bothers me. Why do some Vortex lists have the hardest difficulty at the top and some have it at the bottom. Both of today's event banners have the hardest difficulty on top while the Babel banner has it at the bottom. Not a big deal or anything, but I just wish it was consistent.

Acerac

Banned
Yeesh, Adv is doable but rough for me right now as a newbie. I'm starting to be able to clear it more consistently, but I think PRO may be out of the question.

My Kain weeps. ;_;

It's funny seeing Firion being so highly regarded, the fact that I lack good weapons or abilities limits mine significantly.

Celegus

Finally made it to A-5 Colosseum since I fed some cactuars to Amarant to get revive. Also maxed Kain but sadly Cecil ended up at level 96 when I ran out (used all 100 already).

Ooooh and congrats Chilly, what a find!

Yeesh, Adv is doable but rough for me right now as a newbie. I'm starting to be able to clear it more consistently, but I think PRO may be out of the question.

My Kain weeps. ;_;

It's funny seeing Firion being so highly regarded, the fact that I lack good weapons or abilities limits mine significantly.

Sent you a friend request, accept it.

Lyrian

How.....plz explain.

Girl power, of course. :)

For real... What's is the actual damage on challenging bosses? Golbez, this Pumpking guy or Brachiosaur for example.

I had a screenshot against Brachio, but it wasn't with a damage number in it. I want to say it was in the mid 20 to 30ish k range, but she was only 4* at the time. Would have to test it again in her 5* form. Without tweaking, her 5* form grants about a ~500k damage bump in ES.

I'm not sure I can test her out against the Pumpking, as I lack practically all the units needed for a physical team to set her up properly. Pretty sure I can't get her going in time with a mage only team, as spells don't generate LB crystals (or very few of them).

She's still highly a work in progress. I just snapped a raw shot, as I needed to run ES Exploration for the daily lapis. Probably won't seriously start optimizing her until the candy corn farming is done.

I think at this point in order to add to unit diversity we need a Full Break materia. Oh how many different combos one could come up with if this were a thing.

Excal sitting at 84%, almost done....almost.

Looking at Dracu Lasswell if you give him Barrage and some decent gear he may be a pretty good dps unit.

Lyrian

And Lyrian you're amazing and I love you lol Rydia power!!

I'm somewhat back to the drawing board on her, as I'm reasonably sure that one of the "bug fixes" screwed around with her damage formula. Still trying to isolate what Gumi changed, but I **think** they changed her summoning to be a double hybrid calculation between her and the esper (which makes sense thematically). Still, now that her damage values can somewhat be manually adjusted, the double hybrid calculation is making the new formula difficult to derive.

ADV Battle is simple and quick. It would be even faster if I had finished my DW+Barrage TMs in time and gave those to Firion for another DPS unit. Right now, I do Cheer with Lenna, FB w/ Vaan (I know he resist the important parts, but it's Vaan's only real source of damage output), Barrage w/ Chizuru (Flame Katana) & CoD, Provoke w/ Cecil, Flame Blitz w/ Friend Lightning. Hit repeat twice and win (as long as one of the DPSers don't get paralyzed.

"This banner isn't all that exciting, but I'll do one daily pull"
Yay?

loki_demi

Neo Member
Hey guys i added some of you. Was wondering if i can get more neopeeps as friends to help me out do the event. (085, 250, 103) Im trying to do it with a mediocre team (4*cecil, 4*garland, 4* edge, 5*dkc and 4*rosa) im mainly relying on friends to do intermediate and hoping to be able to do advance to at least maximize farming as im just rank 17 turning 18 atm. I love you gaffers <3 and shoild i try to roll for this event im f2p.

ADV Battle is simple and quick. It would be even faster if I had finished my DW+Barrage TMs in time and gave those to Firion for another DPS unit. Right now, I do Cheer with Lenna, FB w/ Vaan (I know he resist the important parts, but it's Vaan's only real source of damage output), Barrage w/ Chizuru (Flame Katana) & CoD, Provoke w/ Cecil, Flame Blitz w/ Friend Lightning. Hit repeat twice and win (as long as one of the DPSers don't get paralyzed.

"This banner isn't all that exciting, but I'll do one daily pull"

Yay?

Grats dawg!

She looks like a Wizard of Oz Hippie.

Hey guys i added some of you. Was wondering if i can get more neopeeps as friends to help me out do the event. (085, 250, 103) Im trying to do it with a mediocre team (4*cecil, 4*garland, 4* edge, 5*dkc and 4*rosa) im mainly relying on friends to do intermediate and hoping to be able to do advance to at least maximize farming as im just rank 17 turning 18 atm. I love you gaffers <3 and shoild i try to roll for this event im f2p.

Who have you added?!

Love this event. Two-rounding the ADV boss, so I swapped in characters I needed to level to not waste the EXP: a 4* Firion and my newly awakened 6* Ramza with Hero's Rime.

Lightning, WoL (Full Break), Ramza, and the friend unit get it done. Exdeath just tosses Imperil like a bro.

Kouriozan

Removed a few people without GAF in their name or description, hope you guys don't forget to put it in your comment.
Don't hesitate to add me, willing to help anyone : 464,761,570

Also added you, loki_demi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom