• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrSuLeTzU

I did not. :(

I did pull Tilith though, so all is forgiven! She was the one I was really after, so I can't really complain.

You traitor, thou hath forsaken the lovable chocobo-hugging Refia, shame on you!
I pulled a Gaffgarion on my daily the other day and when I saw another Gold today I thought I just might get a dupe.. alas Bunny girl reared her worthless head and then a Krile ticket pull on BF banner, rip 4ever Tilith! :C

Jayhawk

5-star Luneth and 4-star Refia are max leveled and ready to be awakened once I get the materials on my 2.5 week old account. I didn't farm karma much since I didn't have a character for bonus karma. Should I use my karma for Luneth's awakening materials, rare summoning tickets, or the sword which would be one of the better sword options for me early on?

UrSuLeTzU

5-star Luneth and 4-star Refia are max leveled and ready to be awakened once I get the materials on my 2.5 week old account. I didn't farm karma much since I didn't have a character for bonus karma. Should I use my karma for Luneth's awakening materials, rare summoning tickets, or the sword which would be one of the better sword options for me early on?

Get sword&tickets then see if you have time to farm some of those mats, you'll get a bunch in the next event as well.

tuffymon

I'd say farm what you can still, you have at least until the end of today, if not tomorrow (Thursday), and you should have at least a week to turn in the karma (maybe 2). Having a total will let you mull over numbers better without shorting yourself on mats for instance.

SeanTSC

Gold Crystal... Alma. My first one, but ugh, I don't really have any use for her TM atm and I'd rather grind a Minerva Bustier for Refia than that.

And holy mother of god, I just had the most annoying arena fight ever. Fought No. 173, whose name was all Japanese characters, rated at 1.15 ratio for me (highest I could click on, wru 1.5s), and I'm at 1181 now.

5 Lightnings. FIVE LIGHTNINGS. I won with two left alive and would have killed them all with my Refia/Cecil/WoL/CoD/Elza group if not for the dumb misses and they posed no real threat, but holy shit. One had a Shining Splendor too and kept blinding me. Blinds, Curas, Dodges. The first one finally died when it Darksided itself to death and then it cascaded from there.

That's just. Yeah. Christ.

chrono01

Good then, I pulled refia and never was able to get Tillith though. Glad you got her :)
Thanks. It was nice to get at least one of the end-game healers. It was looking pretty bleak there for a bit. :/

You traitor, thou hath forsaken the lovable chocobo-hugging Refia, shame on you!
I pulled a Gaffgarion on my daily the other day and when I saw another Gold today I thought I just might get a dupe.. alas Bunny girl reared her worthless head and then a Krile ticket pull on BF banner, rip 4ever Tilith! :C
Hey, Refia broke my heart first! I still want the Chocobo-hugging girl, but I sense she wants nothing to do with me.

Besides, we all worship Tilith now. The non-believers shall all perish.

I finally got the 10k karma from Maxwell wich really helped out since I missed out on farming for two days thanks to Cactaur dunes + Sacred Crystal farming. Gunna farm as much as I can tomorrow and then see what I should spend it on. Got everything but the materias. Not sure if I should buy the Authority materias plus a Demonic life or just use the karma on evo materials.

GG-Duo

Can anyone with a beefy Elsa add me to help with the Maxwell trial? Or I can add you? I don't have WoL or Cecil so I'm replacing with Bartz and Charlotte right now and it doesn't seem to be a good enough team...

bonkeng

Can anyone with a beefy Elsa add me to help with the Maxwell trial? Or I can add you? I don't have WoL or Cecil so I'm replacing with Bartz and Charlotte right now and it doesn't seem to be a good enough team...

Your better off with Valentus' CoD.

Ask him when he's online.

Malakhov

Banned
Not sure. I don't have a Bartz. :( Well on my main account. I got one on my alt early on. Replaced Gaffgarion with him. Hated his potion addition. Removed him from group and haven't gone back. Asshole needs to go to Potion Addition Annonomous before his ass gets invited back. Ever.

Hah, yeah it's pretty annoying.

I've been banned for everything, until I learned the only way to not get banned is to 1) not post and 2) if you do post stick to your own sub.

That's what I will do from now on. Games and that's it...

Welcome back to the land of the living!

Like others have said, despite my feelings and opinions on political stuff on GAF, it's potential account suicide every time a position is presented that isn't the hivemind position of the PoliGAF group.

So, they can go live in their political bubble where they can do no wrong and the whole world outside of their narrow worldview is daily oppressing them. /shrug

Thanks Lyrian and wow, you've just described how I actually felt after being banned. It appears anyone who doesnt have the same opinion as them is jumped on by a bunch of rabid dogs...Aw well.

Malakhov

Banned
Anyone who played the jp version, after awakening exdeath and getting him to 100. Who's worth it more between CoD or Bartz 6* as my 5th party member? Bartz' wind attacks looks nice on paper but I have no idea if it's better than CoD. Especially since we can now get the mace and I have a doublehand ready for her.

My shared Maxwell almost has 400 ATK with doublehand, I can only imagine CoD with it and the mace...

Razmos

Isn't Bartz's wind attack Hybrid damage? It would probably require a rather specific build to do any real damage. CoD seems more straightforward

Alkez

Well, was banned for two weeks because of politics so back to gaming posts only!

Wtf lol weren't we all talking about politics on election day? I didn't see anyone else get banned (in before I now get banned lol). Either way welcome back :) I did notice you got banned, glad it was only temporary.

Lol probably a good idea to leave politics alone until after the holidays

Already lining up to be an interesting thanksgiving this year for me o_O

In other news

DUAL WIELD GET

Kouriozan

Nice to see Malakhov back, now we're waiting for Chilly!
Unless they sweeten the pot, make cheaper, etc. I can't recommend it to people.
Well yes, it was released 3 months in in the Japanese version, here it would be about 6 months and the powercreep start to come in full burst, that bundle sure has to be "balanced"

KeRaSh

Lol probably a good idea to leave politics alone until after the holidays

Already lining up to be an interesting thanksgiving this year for me o_O

In other news

DUAL WIELD GET

You and me both! I only just broke the 400 ATK barrier less than a week ago when I got DKC and maxed him and now I'm already at 504!
I can finally deal some damage!
And kill myself in the process...

What's the best strategy to deal damage with DKC? I have barrage and DW on him and if I need to deal AOE damage without a real threat present the next turn I just use Dark Cannon or Soul Eater for ST damage but that requires a massive amount of healing the following turn...

Kouriozan

I'm still farming barrage for my Donkey Kong Cecil, RNG wasn't nice to me for those Lunas.
What's the best strategy to deal damage with DKC? I have barrage and DW on him and if I need to deal AOE damage without a real threat present the next turn I just use Dark Cannon or Soul Eater for ST damage but that requires a massive amount of healing the following turn...
Some trials will give pretty good skills like 180% AoE attack and ignore 50% def (final damage 360%) in the Gilgamesh one.

Zalasta

The Arena confirms two things for me: Other people have better luck with pulls than I do; there are a lot of whales out there >.>

Daily was Fran. This banner hasn't been kind to me.

Rixa

The Arena confirms two things for me: Other people have better luck with pulls than I do; there are a lot of whales out there >.>

Daily was Fran. This banner hasn't been kind to me.

Then there are the cheaters.

Today again Reddit had one topic with pics where one user had Genji Gloves and another user rank 21 had best possible TM's in every slot with maxed friend unit. Not saying he/she is cheater but yeah...

Added it to links section :).

bonkeng

I thought server-based games were unhackable.

That's what I thought too. Don't they store all the data on their servers? Or are the hackers accessing their servers directly?

The Maxwell reset trick and dungeon reset are like child's play compared to this.

No wonder there's a lot of rank 40 below with multiple Lightning and Luneth in Arena.

Valentus

That's what I thought too. Don't they store all the data on their servers? Or are the hackers accessing their servers directly?

The Maxwell reset trick and dungeon reset are like child's play compared to this.

No wonder there's a lot of rank 40 below with multiple Lightning and Luneth in Arena.

The servers save the data the Game generates. So the Game send instructions to the server of the things you do in the Game and sabes the récord in the cloud. But the servers cant define if the actions generated are legal or normal.

The communication between game-server should be something like this:

Game: cleared vortex adv. Record party 1 gains 30.000 exp.

Server: ok, saved.

Game: daily summon used. Player gained penello.

Game: unit 0002315 fusioned with unit 156321. Unit 0002315 gained 50.000 exp.

Game: player gained 100 summon tickets and 100.000 lapis.

Server: .........ok!, Saved!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Damn...they can cheat even Gacha pulls ? LOL

This explains a lot i was wondering whats up with all these low rank PvP dude having a bunch of base 5* units. I mean sure you can get lucky but it seems suspect often....

Rixa

I thought server-based games were unhackable.

The servers save the data the Game generates. So the Game send instructions to the server of the things you do in the Game and sabes the récord in the cloud. But the servers cant define if the actions generated are legal or normal.

The communication between game-server should be something like this:

Game: cleared vortex adv. Record party 1 gains 30.000 exp.

Game: daily summon used. Player gained penello.

Game: unit 0002315 fusioned with unit 156321. Unit 0002315 gained 50.000 exp.

Game: player gained 100 summon tickets and 100.000 lapis.

Server: .........ok!, Saved!

Damn...they can cheat even Gacha pulls ? LOL

This explains a lot i was wondering whats up with all these low rank PvP dude having a bunch of base 5* units. I mean sure you can get lucky but it seems suspect often....

To add. This is from one Reddit (I dont link that thread to here) thread comment some user has written:

Reddit said:
What they are doing is using a Man-in-the-Middle server and a proxy to the server connection. They intercept the packets that your phone is sending saying what you found in an exploration and then adding a crap load more items too it. It isn't super complicated. The hardest part is sniffing all the packets and decoding them, then you just modify them and send them out again.

Everyone is saying that they should monitor every run that every does ever and datamine that for hacking. That is is very storage and labor intensive

They can check the reported players, how many runs player has made for example in Earth Shrine / how many Rats / Bats killed and so on.
Hopefully they have some autoscript / macro to it :p..

Syntsui

This seems something easy to fix:

1) Game: "x" amount of summon tickets generated with no way to get them at all.

Server: OK, ban.

2) Game: Trust Mastery achieved in one day.

Server: Checks the conditions, quantity of tickets used x quantity of possible tickets to have, quantity of units fused x quantity of units the player had a day before, OK ban.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
To add. This is from one Reddit (I dont link that thread to here) thread comment some user has written:

They can check the reported players, how many runs player has made for example in Earth Shrine / how many Rats / Bats killed and so on.
Hopefully they have some autoscript / macro to it :p..

Yikes - this is why we cant have nice things. I really hope those cheaters dont mess up the game for all of us and force Gumi into some actions that negatively effect us all. You are right - they need to introduce more checks to at least limit those server hacks.

There will always be some kind of hacking - but this seems to be too easy, so i hope they are working on something.

scarlet

Rank 40 with multiple 5* is fine. Maybe a whale.

But all units are maxed and still rank 40? With all the TMs and still rank 40? How come you didn't get more rank xp when maxed them and the TMs

yeah man

clearly there are plenty of cheaters out there

thankfully I have yet to lose in the arena and I am usually good at picking out scrub teams

Did have a cheater surprise me with some TM roided low end units but in the end they just couldnt put up the numbers

Im so glad the AI is so dumb quite honestly

Zalasta

In that case, they should place some kind of equipment or unit limits on arena party. As it stands, these cheaters do not affect me outside of the arena.

Syntsui

In that case, they should place some kind of equipment or unit limits on arena party. As it stands, these cheaters do not affect me outside of the arena.
No they shouldn't. I don't want to have my equipments limited on the Arena.

They have to find a way to identify and ban the cheaters, period.

bonkeng

Ok, in other news, reading on when Antenora and Carbuncle will be available, it'll be this Thursday morning.

While Maxwell Trial ends at Thursday night.

So to those who've yet to get Maxwell, get Carbuncle as soon as you can for that Light Resist. Then find a friend CoD with Thorn Mace. This should make the fight easier.

If this has been brought up, serve this as a reminder.

No they shouldn't. I don't want to have my equipments limited on the Arena.

They have to find a way to identify and ban the cheaters, period.

Exactly. It looks like some people have already been banned at least some that are injecting summoning tickets. Get them all da fuq out.

CCIE

Banned
I'd buy the bundle... and save the tickets for the crystal change rules. Personally. I have close to 20K lapis right now, so I would definitely do so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom