• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

That's what I thought too. Don't they store all the data on their servers? Or are the hackers accessing their servers directly?

The Maxwell reset trick and dungeon reset are like child's play compared to this.

No wonder there's a lot of rank 40 below with multiple Lightning and Luneth in Arena.

Do tell more? I was frustrated and tried to cheese it by setting my phone to airplane mode and then after getting my ass handed to me force closed the app. When I logged back in I was back in the menu with the energy spent... I'd love to give the Diabolos summon one last try but not without some backup strategy. >_>

Do tell more? I was frustrated and tried to cheese it by setting my phone to airplane mode and then after getting my ass handed to me force closed the app. When I logged back in I was back in the menu with the energy spent... I'd love to give the Diabolos summon one last try but not without some backup strategy. >_>

Damn son

did all the stuff posted on here so far still not get you the win?

Lets science this shit

Actually got something useful from the daily! Got my first CoD! Too bad I have no cactuars left... I assume it's still worth maxing her out?

CCIE

Banned
I'd buy the bundle with the 30% ATK Materia, and save the tickets like I do everything else. I'm running into cheaters everywhere in the Arena. There are some STACKED teams. You just cannot tell me somebody legitimately drew some of this, or I have the worst luck in the world.

I've faced the five Lightnings group before, with a Japanese name. It's a trap too, because the multiplier isn't even that high. Still no Garland from the daily pulls. Just one more chance tomorrow. Daily pull Duane, and used the ticket for a 4* Rosa. Both dupes...

Just farming TMR all day... Finally set up switch controls yesterday while at work, and am just dumping lapis into refills from time to time. Going to be awhile, though. Unfortunately.

Having finished the current story yesterday, I'm actually starting to warm up to it.

I honestly hope they change the bundles a little bit for global

The gold and mithril equipment are basically throwaway at this point in global

bonkeng

I'd buy the bundle with the 30% ATK Materia, and save the tickets like I do everything else. I'm running into cheaters everywhere in the Arena. There are some STACKED teams. You just cannot tell me somebody legitimately drew some of this, or I have the worst luck in the world.

I've faced the five Lightnings group before, with a Japanese name. It's a trap too, because the multiplier isn't even that high. Still no Garland from the daily pulls. Just one more chance tomorrow. Daily pull Duane, and used the ticket for a 4* Rosa. Both dupes...

Just farming TMR all day... Finally set up switch controls yesterday while at work, and am just dumping lapis into refills from time to time. Going to be awhile, though. Unfortunately.

Having finished the current story yesterday, I'm actually starting to warm up to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, there are no tickets on that bundle.

It's straight up 3 Rainbows + 30% atk Materia + Gold Equipments.

Valentus

If you look at it, the most relevant units has Great Sword and Katana, so, when dark ifrit/dark siren trial arrives, the normal config of materias of a physical dealer should be:

Blade Mastery
G.Sword Mastery
Dual Weild
ATK Materia

the big attack materias right now are:

Maxwell TM
Karl TM
Fencer TM
77 dollars golden set with ATK+20% materia

So this attack +30% materia if you want maximun damage is a must, speccially if you want more than 1 units to have this config at the same time.

Now that they give you 3 rainbows but it could be duane, cerius and Alma...

I hope gumi do something like "3 rainbows!!! 1 of them base 5star guaranteed!" that would an awesome deal, and i will put my 10.000 lapi in something like this.

Actually got something useful from the daily! Got my first CoD! Too bad I have no cactuars left... I assume it's still worth maxing her out?

I think the MPV of the antenora trial will be CoD and Luneth, because you have to focus your attacks on each part of the damn flower, so chaining Cut Through or Call of the Void will be crucial to finish each party easy

KeRaSh

Damn son

did all the stuff posted on here so far still not get you the win?

Lets science this shit

Haha, I beat Maxwell but didn't knock out any of the quests. Got DKC and maxed him and after that I beat her on my first try. Aimed for Diabolos one more time and got bad RNG. Didn't feel like wasting more energy since I don't even know which units to slot in with what I have right now so I felt like Maxwell will not be necessary. I'll try again if she comes back for her 6* upgrade but if there's a cheese strat to reset the fight if you get unlucky then I'd be willing to try it one last time.

If you look at it, the most relevant units has Great Sword and Katana, so, when dark ifrit/dark siren trial arrives, the normal config of materias of a physical dealer should be:

Blade Mastery
G.Sword Mastery
Dual Weild
ATK Materia

the big attack materias right now are:

Maxwell TM
Karl TM
Fencer TM
77 dollars golden set with ATK+20% materia

So this attack +30% materia if you want maximun damage is a must, speccially if you want more than 1 units to have this config at the same time.

Now that they give you 3 rainbows but it could be duane, cerius and Alma...

I hope gumi do something like "3 rainbows!!! 1 of them base 5star guaranteed!" that would an awesome deal, and i will put my 10.000 lapi in something like this.

Well I certainly cant see them giving 3 guaranteed 5 star bases for 10k lapis

Im guessing it will draw from the entire pool :/

Zafir

Hmm, I don't really see how I can do the evoke Diablos thing for Maxwell. Didn't manage to get my Cecil high enough for him to be useful due to being ill.

My party just gets wiped around the same time I can evoke him. x.x

Valentus

So if you kill antenora's head first before other parts, may cause all the parts explode and wipe your party...

BUT!

What if you kill the head in second turn with an Elza with Dark Favor activated!?!?!?!?!?!

It looks like we should try out, but if the results are what i expect.... congratz gumi, fucking up your own content with excluse units LMAO.

So if you kill antenora's head first before other parts, may cause all the parts explode and wipe your party...

BUT!

What if you kill the head in second turn with an Elza with Dark Favor activated!?!?!?!?!?!

It looks like we should try out, but if the results are what i expect.... congratz gumi, fucking up your own content with excluse units LMAO.

So gonna do this

Shes the only unit with Self reraise right now isnt she

Razmos

BUT!

Lol that's a good point, I hope this works

linkent

er.... daily blue->gold->rainbow.
and

eIrWSSQ.jpg

did i just lose my gilgamesh luck here.

bonkeng

If you close the app when it's your turn, Maxwell will reset his turn count.

Turn 4 is usually the dreaded Death Turn. So if you close the app before that turn, Maxwell's turn count will go back to turn 1.

Some of us here views this exploit as cheating. But it's up to you if you want to do it or not. If you ask me, go for it. This is just a f2p game anyway. Good luck.

BUT!

That's a great idea. But......what of those that didn't get a reviving Erza Scarlet?

er.... daily blue->gold->rainbow.
and

did i just lose my gilgamesh luck here.

Congratz!

And luck come and go as it pleases. So your Gilga luck is still up in the air, just like it was an hour ago.

If you close the app when it's your turn, Maxwell will reset his turn count.

Turn 4 is usually the dreaded Death Turn. So if you close the app before that turn, Maxwell's turn count will go back to turn 1.

Some of us here views this exploit as cheating. But it's up to you if you want to do it or not. If you ask me, go for it. This is just a f2p game anyway. Good luck.

That's a great idea. But......what of those that didn't get a reviving Erza Scarlet?

:(

Do it the traditional way?

across

Not to get too serious here - I'm sure you're all just spitballing ideas while we wait for the upcoming event and banner - but is there a single compelling reason to think Gumi would give us the exact same bundle as JP got? Not even factoring in the now-countless data points we have that clearly show their interest in a 1:1 conversion of JP content is roughly zero, have any of you taken a look at what was in the summon pool at the time the New Years bundle was active?

Unless I'm greviously misreading the Update Schedule @ the FFBE wiki, they didn't even have any 5* bases active then. Hell, they didn't have any 4* bases. So if they charged 10k for what was in all honesty an idiot trap back then, why would the assumption be that they'll maintain the same price and features when it is far more valuable (due to multiple 5* base units by the time 2017 rolls around)?

edit: I'm sure they'll do something for New Years, and hopefully it's an attractive something, but if you're holding out for that bundle specifically I think you probably want to moderate your expectations.

I think the MPV of the antenora trial will be CoD and Luneth, because you have to focus your attacks on each part of the damn flower, so chaining Cut Through or Call of the Void will be crucial to finish each party easy

Thanks for the advice! Guess I will focus on leveling her up when I can... still grinding Karma. Wasn't paying attention this morning when I spent my 40k and accidentally bought the Elza materia (I don't have her) instead of the hp/atk/etc :\. Arc is just gonna have to wait to get leveled up... and then gotta get exdeath to 6* friday!!

H3xum

Hey all...spending the day traveling and won't be on a computer or the phone much for the rest of the week so wanted to say safe travels to all on the move and hope everyone who is able has a nice thanksgiving with family and friends!

creid

Feel like I'm missing something with the Maxwell trial. Maxwell is full broken, Cecil has Focus up, Refia has Embolden up, a friend CoD has Multi-whatever (elemental protect) up, and my Chizuru still gets killed on turn 3 or 4, from full HP. Over the last few days I ground out enough star quartz to get a black belt for Cecil, and he ends up getting protected by Charlotte and barely countering anything. People talk about bringing a strong Elza but I feel like I can't survive very long without CoD's elemental protect.
And despite 20+ pulls on this dark banner, I have no CoD.

Feel like I'm missing something with the Maxwell trial. Maxwell is full broken, Cecil has Focus up, Refia has Embolden up, a friend CoD has Multi-whatever (elemental protect) up, and my Chizuru still gets killed on turn 3 or 4, from full HP. Over the last few days I ground out enough star quartz to get a black belt for Cecil, and he ends up getting protected by Charlotte and barely countering anything. People talk about bringing a strong Elza but I feel like I can't survive very long without CoD's elemental protect.
And despite 20+ pulls on this dark banner, I have no CoD.

Rune Dispels the party

Full Break wears off at turn 4

Drop Charlotte if she is eating the counters

Whales

Banned
Memu crashed overnight again

It has to be an issue when the daily quests reset or something.. I left it all day yesterday and had no issues.
As soon as I try to leave it overnight, it NEVER works. It's really weird

Memu crashed overnight again

It has to be an issue when the daily quests reset or something.. I left it all day yesterday and had no issues.
As soon as I try to leave it overnight, it NEVER works. It's really weird

That is weird :(. Mine was crashing a lot but I bumped up the processor and RAM memu is allowed (in the settings) and that has helped a lot. I think it has only crashed once since then.

Whales

Banned
That is weird :(. Mine was crashing a lot but I bumped up the processor and RAM memu is allowed (in the settings) and that has helped a lot. I think it has only crashed once since then.

how did you do that? I went into Memu's settings and I dont see those options

creid

Rune Dispels the party

Full Break wears off at turn 4

Drop Charlotte if she is eating the counters
I full break on turn 2 so that it's still active on turn 4. Didn't realize Rune dispels though, that's helpful. I added Charlotte in because having Rydia as my 6th member was a waste of a slot because she's usually dead, and I saw someone do pretty well with WoL as a 2nd tank.

tariniel

I've pulled 3x Gaffgarion on this banner before a CoD. WHY?!

how did you do that? I went into Memu's settings and I dont see those options

This is what I run on my work PC and it only crashes 1 or 0 times during the work day. At home I run 2 CPU and 4096 memory and it lasts all night the last 3 nights in a row. With the other things I need open at work I can't give it 4gb here.

Whales

Banned
Sorry, I'll have to double check when I am home... its definitely somewhere in the settings but I don't remember where off the top of my head.

actually I just found it, but for some reasons I cant increase CPU to 2, its stuck to 1. I can only increase the memory. Weird

This is what I run on my work PC and it only crashes 1 or 0 times during the work day. At home I run 2 CPU and 4096 memory and it lasts all night the last 3 nights in a row. With the other things I need open at work I can't give it 4gb here.

YEah, for some reaons I cant increase the CPU count @-@

EDIT: gotta enable some hardware virtualization settings in the bios, will see if it then works

actually I just found it, but for some reasons I cant increase CPU to 2, its stuck to 1. I can only increase the memory. Weird

YEah, for some reaons I cant increase the CPU count @-@

EDIT: gotta enable some hardware virtualization settings in the bios, will see if it then works

Nice, hopefully that works once you can increase the CPU!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- just grinding my ingus, i do think i'll make it in time. now, i don't have diablos but i think i can still skate in and bonk maxwelll IN THE FACE before this thing is over.

-- gonna pull a ticket, hoping for a TM-able dupe. DEFINITELY not hoping for a rainbow crystal, which i've never pulled. Not hoping for that at all. Just gimme useful.

-- agree that i wouldn't get my hopes up for the same bundle that JP got. that said, i expect something close. it's not 1:1 but much of what they're doing for global is in the same spirit.

-- personally i'm looking forward to christmas / winter holiday units. tilith with a christmas cap?? WIZARD HAT OF GOOD CHEER? A MERRY MASK? Count me in!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Minerva Bustier is done. Refia is beasting.

Dual Casts are at about 75%, Exacalibur #2 is at 55%, Luneth at 35%, and started on Maxwell, will be throwing in Hayate when the first DC is done.

Kind of hoping I can get a Miyuki or Two and another Chizzy before it finishes. Q_Q. Would like to be able to power up my Buttz and Luneth more.

I think I'll focus my Mage next with getting the Onmi Rod and another 30% MAG.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Tell me about Minerva, Shin. What's it like? Who are you going to use it for? Does it feel both luxurious and impenetrable at the same time?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Tell me about Minerva, Shin. What's it like? Who are you going to use it for? Does it feel both luxurious and impenetrable at the same time?

It's a beautiful corset that allows me to view the bountiful harvest of CoD.

It's largely nice because she is sitting at 80% Fire Immunity, 30% Wind and Electic, with only -20% to Ice now. With 400+ SPR.

Lyrian

Thanks Lyrian and wow, you've just described how I actually felt after being banned. It appears anyone who doesnt have the same opinion as them is jumped on by a bunch of rabid dogs...Aw well.

It doesn't help that the mods that moderate the political side of GAF are well invested in that clique, which perpetuates the hivemind/groupthink environment.

A few days ago, someone was actually brave enough to present a logical academic argument to a complaint about a certain politician's financial plan for the future. The guy gave a reasonably well presented argument about the basic concepts of time value of money and project acceptance criteria, which are part of anyone's Finance 101 class. Did that matter? Nope. Poor guy got mauled because he wasn't in line with the PoliGAF groupthink position of "anything this politician says is automatically a scam, fraudulent, and may be illegal."

There's really no point to even trying to engage with that group. So, I won't. It's not worth my time and energy to do so.

I don't wanna >.> <.< FINE! You were right... maybe. Any idea how deep we must go for the 10% attack materia?

Silver chest in the Water Shrine. :/ So, all the way to the very end, which Reddit pegs at around 500 energy to reach.

To add. This is from one Reddit (I dont link that thread to here) thread comment some user has written:

They can check the reported players, how many runs player has made for example in Earth Shrine / how many Rats / Bats killed and so on.
Hopefully they have some autoscript / macro to it :p..

From a hacking perspective, this makes sense. But, what is head scratching to me is why there are not any data validation controls server-side that would at least check to say "hey, can these items even drop from this mission/exploration?" before accepting the packet as valid.

Data validation checks are elementary-tier internal control processes. Shame on Gumi for cheaping out on that. That said, I bet some of these checks will start showing up in very quick order, now that injection attacks are a very real thing in FFBE.

BUT!

Sixty-four million gil question:

How does the game handle re-raise checks on a group wipe check?

Does re-raise get checked before or after the wipe (and fail condition check) occurs? If before, then yeah whoops at that loophole. If after (everyone was simultaneously dead for a split second, therefore fail), then the trick will be no good.

Definitely an interesting concept to test, that's for sure.

Daily: Maria. 5% closer to that Esuna for that Garnet I'll someday in 2017 (after the gacha change) pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom