• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Do yall see her in Arena often? I can't say I do. And I don't feel intimidated by choosing one as lead either. Have I just gotten lucky?

EDarkness

I agree that adding Ariana seems stupid.

But it does fit with FFBE's narrative, on how Rain can summon different Visions on different worlds.

I can see that LeBron might be a summmonable unit in the future.

7* LeBron James
Class: Baller
Type: Human

Personally, I'm fine with it.

The more players they can get, the more their market gets bigger.

The bigger the market, the closer we get to Japan's market.

The closer we get to Japan's market, the closer we get to Japan's compensation.

The more compensation we get, the less whining and complaining we get.

Everybody wins.

Oh! You know, if they're gonna go that route, then I want:

Code:
Unit:  Abe Lincoln
Class:  Emancipator
Type:  Human
Region:  Global Exclusive
Rating:  5* base

I'd roll for that, seriously. :D

bonkeng

Do yall see her in Arena often? I can't say I do. And I don't feel intimidated by choosing one as lead either. Have I just gotten lucky?

Not really. Since Greg and Noctis came out, Arena is all about AoE + Ignore def.

Oh! You know, if they're gonna go that route, then I want:

Code:
Unit:  Abe Lincoln
Class:  Emancipator
Type:  Human
Region:  Global Exclusive
Rating:  5* base

I'd roll for that, seriously. :D

Hahaha. It's totally possible. At this point, I won't be surprised at what Gumi can do lol.

UrSuLeTzU

Meh, you don't see this kind of crap in Record Keeper and that game's been running almost 3 years already in global. Anyone who thinks this is not a desperate move is delusional but it is what it is and while I'm not happy about it, I don't mind if some people enjoy having her in the game.

Muku

Hahaha. It's totally possible. At this point, I won't be surprised at what Gumi can do lol.

But he doesn't have a Twitter to advertise to people about the game, so..... LOL.

In all seriousness, I hope she is a limited time only thing.

Plus I want Abe but as a Vampire Hunter. Team him up with Wesley Snipes, also a Vampire Hunter, and we'd be good.

bonkeng

Genji Gloves done.

l9V56IN.jpg

Supasaiyan Noctis complete.

yL0rAo4.jpg

UrSuLeTzU

But he doesn't have a Twitter to advertise to people about the game, so..... LOL.

In all seriousness, I hope she is a limited time only thing.

Plus I want Abe but as a Vampire Hunter. Team him up with Wesley Snipes, also a Vampire Hunter, and we'd be good.

Why not throw a Buffy and Angel in there too since we're talking vampire slayers :p

Broseybrose

Meh, you don't see this kind of crap in Record Keeper and that game's been running almost 3 years already in global. Anyone who thinks this is not a desperate move is delusional but it is what it is and while I'm not happy about it, I don't mind if some people enjoy having her in the game.

Desperate as in the game isnt meeting revenue projections?

I thought this game was doing well considering the amount of whales playing it. There's definitely over 1000, probably closer to 3000 just judging by arena.

c-murph

I thought this game was doing well considering the amount of whales playing it. There's definitely over 1000, probably closer to 3000 judging by arena.

I make it within the top 30,000 every week/month. I come nowhere near the top 15,000 or so though and I only use the orbs I get throughout the day. No refreshes or night time sleeping time orbs. So, yeah, people have to be going hard on the game. My choice of lapis spending is on TM Farming. I'm satisfied with the current Arena placement.

LOL I hate Connor too, that's why I asked. XD

Ah, man, we really need another Buffy spin-off show. So many possibilities on where to take it... Hell, I'd settle for another game... even mobile.

Broseybrose

I make it within the top 30,000 every week/month. I come nowhere near the top 15,000 or so though and I only use the orbs I get throughout the day. No refreshes or night time sleeping time orbs. So, yeah, people have to be going hard on the game. My choice of lapis spending is on TM Farming. I'm satisfied with the current Arena placement.

Ah, man, we really need another Buffy spin-off show. So many possibilities on where to take it... Hell, I'd settle for another game... even mobile.

Top 30k is my goal for arena too.

Its not worth fighting for that top 3k spot, especially as someone with no base 5* units...

I'm also completely free to play, except for the $47 Christmas bundle which was a great deal. More deals like that, they'd see more money from me.

But the game is only 6 months old (GL version), so I imagine they're still experimenting. Take Ariana Grande, for instance.

Syntsui

I thought this game was doing well considering the amount of whales playing it. There's definitely over 1000, probably closer to 3000 just judging by arena.
This is definitely not the move of a game that is doing well. They are desperately trying to cater to a broader audience, otherwise this wouldn't make any sense at all.

Either the game is not meeting the expectations or Squenix is using it as a test for future weird collaborations in their other projects.

Ariana Grande's audience are the people that spend a lot of money with games like Candy Crush, that Kardashian fuckery etc. If they somehow get this audience to spend money in this game, oh boy...

Anyway, considering the current state of the game, with the awful rates, troll pulls, boring events and Gumi's constant fuck ups, I simply cannot see new players getting hooked by it, specially people out of this Gacha environment. It's just an explicit rip off we endure because we actually love Final Fantasy / spent too much money already.

Celegus

I'll be putting my 3rd Zidane in once a spot frees up. Ludmille 77%, Snow Snow Xiao all at 25%, Maxwell 5%. This should be a good week though, and I can burn some lapis on it too once we find out what we are/aren't getting for New Year's.

Posted this on Friday, now I'm at Ludmille 90% Snow 44% Snow 42% Xiao 41% Maxwell 21%. Getting closer! Burned around 1000 lapis I think since then, so not too bad.

Rixa

I maybe lucky that I don't follow celebs / entertainment world at all.
So after seeing some real life person is going to be added to BE my question is:

Who is Ariana Grande?

Should I stop playing BE cause they are starting to add people to game?
I don't like it at all, fuckers.

chrono01

omg this made me lol hard

Oh boy, scary times are coming.
Scary times indeed.

Honestly, it really wouldn't surprise me if it happened. My luck is kind of like that. :(

What if her char makes Ramza look like a chump? =o
Even if she had a great power level, I still have zero interest in her. If I didn't know who she was it might be more tolerable, but since I do (and really don't like her music) I'm not so sure I could stomach having her in my party.

Granted, the sprite could easily be seen as something else so it's not like it's complete mirror of her (aside from here name), but I still think it would bother me. I just dislike celebrity placement in my video games, regardless of who it is. :(

Lol I am twisted as i kinda wish this actually happen.
Watch her skill set Musical Explosion.
Multiple elemental hit like Orlandu.
It'll be musical something, I'm sure. Maybe she starts singing and causes paralysis upon everyone she inflicts with her songs.

Probably, he is an expert after all ..lol.

looooooooooool

Honestly..i just saw her game sprite ..i kinda ant her now haha.
I do like bunny girls, but still. :/

Flambe

Sorry in advance chrono :( I don't want to be fanboyish but if celeb guest stars are better than main characters from the actual game(s) this is centered around that's kinda fucked.

Whales

Banned
I really don't know why you guys are making a big deal out of it

just consider her an FFBE exclusive unit... If shes good then thats even better, there will finally be a nice banner to pull on after the xmas one

Muku

Actually, banner she is on will save us some tickets. While we still wait for a good banner to come along. Esp after this TWO week Christmas banner. Who thought that shit up? Ugh. Can't get a good one that lasts that long.

I agree with ya chrono. Doesn't really have a place in it. I just hope it's limited time so she doesn't dilute pollute the pool.

Edit: Curious, how many here are doing FP pulls for meeting daily requirement during this banner?

mAcOdIn

Actually, banner she is on will save us some tickets. While we still wait for a good banner to come along. Esp after this TWO week Christmas banner. Who thought that shit up? Ugh. Can't get a good one that lasts that long.

I agree with ya chrono. Doesn't really have a place in it. I just hope it's limited time so she doesn't dilute pollute the pool.

Edit: Curious, how many here are doing FP pulls for meeting daily requirement during this banner?
Well, depends what her TM is. But that's not out of the question, I'm only doing fp pulls during the winter banner as it is and I'll continue to do so until something good comes out.

Razmos

Only just saw the Ariana Grande collab news lol

Not gonna lie her sprite looks great, and if they call the unit just Ariana and not Ariana Grande I think it will fit in quite nicely.

It's a pretty random collab but a great one

Dandte

The mask looks to weird for me....shady looking bunny not a true bunny like fencer.

But kudos to her for learning japanese. I don't mind her being in the game, but i would prefer Pop Star Yuna and the rest of the gullwings.

SeanTSC

Pure in difference to the unit of some popstar I've never heard of until today.

That's neat, I guess.

Back to TM farming!

Alkez

Man, a lot of people are upset about this Ariana thing lol. All I know is that if she can get in this game then a Kingdom Hearts colab is definitely possible, and that makes me happy. Aqua will one day be mine!

I think the issue is that people feel like by adding her we've lost out on something else. I don't really think that's the case though. We're simply getting more.

Rixa

I had to google & use wikipedia cause I didn't know who she is.

Ariana Grande-Butera (born June 26, 1993), known professionally as Ariana Grande (/ˌɑːriˈɑːnə ˈɡrɑːndeɪ/), is an American singer and actress. She began her career in the Broadway musical 13, before landing the role of Cat Valentine on the Nickelodeon television series Victorious in 2009.

The show ended after four seasons, and Grande starred on the spinoff, Sam & Cat, which ended in 2014. She has also appeared in other theatre, television and film roles, and has lent her voice to animated television and films.

At least now I know something about that woman. Not sure I wanted to.

Kouriozan

I also didn't know about her, Rixa.
Weird people around the world don't know her if she is that famous.
If Ariana is my first 5* base, I'm deleting this game from my phone.

Nah it's going to be The Emperor :p

EDIT : guess who I saw in the Arena

jUImS5ql.jpg

They even got first turn but my brave Exdeath with Golem sacrified himself.

Syntsui

And... I'm out of lapis. The week was good though, I managed to get a lot of things I wanted:

Deathbringer
Celestial Glove
Bracer
Power of Creation
Blade Mastery
Seal of Destruction
Minerva Bustier

Now the grind will be real to get Sakura Fubuki, Black Cowl and at least one Dual Wield. TM farming is definitely better than pulling for units.

Brave Suit done! Luneth up to 840 ATK. 2nd Bracer should be done in about 3-4 days if I don't refill and then he is completed until another ATK + ability TM unit shows up. (Fuck you Karl). Think I will focus on Refia next. Aegis Shield/Magi Rod/Minerva Bustier and some abilities then it's back to Physical stuff for Noctis.

Here's a question. Let's say I was in the mood to do a random, singular pull. I don't want any of the holiday banner units, so I wouldn't use that link directly. Instead I would be aiming for a generally rare unit, maybe even a rainbow (yeah.... right).

If I were to pull, should I do the 250 pull knowing that the chances are (in theory) greater that I would get someone from the holiday banner? Or should I do a pull from the regular, rare summon banner if my goal is to get someone "off banner", but cost twice as much lapis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom