• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAcOdIn

She will have to at least be a better singer than Ramza, so... 200% stats buffs incoming? Singing debuffs? Singing reflect? Hmm
Lol, have you heard her sing? She's better than she was earlier, but, surely no one likes her for her singing ability. In a screwed up way I'd feel better about it if everyone just liked her for her looks.

Vitanimus

Heh, I'm totally against this. Mainly because she has no business being in the game. Especially when we have so many characters already that could use some updates. If they need another bunny girl, they could have buffed Fran. I would say the same even if they asked me personally to be in the game, though. I have no business being in the game, either. Heh, heh.

So what's cool about this for you, PL? The fact that she's the Grande lady, or that she's a bunny girl in the game? Just curious. :)

this line of reason is so confusing to me. why the passion towards her non inclusion? should BE stay pure and clean and have zero collabs so it isn't tainting the game or...? the fran comparison is also weird since I doubt they even considered her, but why would the disregard a huge celebrity endorsing their game for "how about we buff fran instead"?

keiichi

Finally recover my account !!

After my phone was stolen, I contacted Gumi and they asked me for account information (ID, name, level, google play's receipt, etc)

Then they asked me to create a new character and associate it with a facebook account, so they used that facebook account to associate with the old account.

And voila, i'm back!

All the contact with gumi was real good, everything was very fast, they even reply me in spanish.

Thanks @keiichi for the help

Awesome!!! Congrats, so glad everything worked out for you (after hearing all the other Gumi CS nightmare stories)

EDarkness

this line of reason is so confusing to me. why the passion towards her non inclusion? should BE stay pure and clean and have zero collabs so it isn't tainting the game or...? the fran comparison is also weird since I doubt they even considered her, but why would the disregard a huge celebrity endorsing their game for "how about we buff fran instead"?

Personally, i don't like pandering...which is how this comes across. There's no reason for it, she doesn't fit in with a bunch of game characters, etc. And there's no passion here. Just my feeling about it. I don't know this lady from Adam. Never heard of her. Never listened to her music, so this isn't coming from some "hate". I just think that real life people shouldn't be included when Square Enix have such a huge list of characters to choose from. If they need promotion, then why not add in Cloud? That would be huge. I would feel the same about this regardless of which celebrity they chose. If they decided to add in Scott Weiland, then I would feel the same about it.

Don't get all defensive, guys. Not everyone is going to like this. Heh, funny it would take something like this to divide up the player base. Heh, heh.

Syntsui

Lol, have you heard her sing? She's better than she was earlier, but, surely no one likes her for her singing ability. In a screwed up way I'd feel better about it if everyone just liked her for her looks.
Have you ever heard Ramza sing? Dude sounds like a Pokémon cry.

c-murph

Time you all start farming those Dream Harps yo!

C1CDZXPUkAAVUdQ.jpg

����������

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOvV7qMFAC7/

I guess it's not like they haven't worked with pop singers before. Not entirely sure what to make of it.

Does she come with a theme song?

Azuran

Banned

Like I said, some people care way too much about a made up "integrity" when it comes to their games. Some fans have a headcanon and anything that goes against it is bad in their eyes. Hell, you even see this sentiment even when it makes sense in-game like people complaining about Kingdom Hearts using live-action movies for worlds.

Ariana Grande being in this game is no different than someone fictional like Hatsune Miku being added (which is a travesty it hasn't happened yet but I digress).

Personally, i don't like pandering...which is how this comes across. There's no reason for it, she doesn't fit in with a bunch of game characters, etc. And there's no passion here. Just my feeling about it. I don't know this lady from Adam. Never heard of her. Never listened to her music, so this isn't coming from some "hate". I just think that real life people shouldn't be included when Square Enix have such a huge list of characters to choose from. If they need promotion, then why not add in Cloud? That would be huge. I would feel the same about this regardless of which celebrity they chose. If they decided to add in Scott Weiland, then I would feel the same about it.

Don't get all defensive, guys. Not everyone is going to like this. Heh, funny it would take something like this to divide up the player base. Heh, heh.

It's called promotion, not pandering. Ariana Grande is one of the biggest stars in the world. Why wouldn't they want to use that to encourage more people to play the game? If they manage to get 1% of their fans hooked on this game and spending, then they probably succeeded. Also, saying there's no passion while admitting you don't know anything about her is disingenuous. Also, Cloud and other will come over time so I don't know where that's coming from.

It's fine if you don't like her but you don't have to make up reasons when it's pretty obvious and logical why she's being added to the game.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I am female and am against it. Why? Because she has no reason being in FFBE. But I can pretend to be a neckbeard living in his moms basement if you'd like. ;)

Point: "no reason for being in FFBE"

Counterpoint:

Unit-White_Knight_Noel-6.png
Unit-Santa_Roselia-6.png
Unit-Black_Cat_Lid-5.png
Unit-Fencer-5.png
Unit-Juggler-5.png

Like, another bunny unit that happens to sing is going to be 100% harmless. We have worlds that have otherwise never crossed appearing together. We have numerous examples of SE including celebrity / entertainer iconography in their games and worlds. There is no reason at all this couldn't work.

This screams desperation a from Alim. She will probably broken as fuck and they will make millions of it though, so whatever. I can't lie, I'm intrigued.

How does this scream desperation? Depending on whose idea it was, if the celebrity in question likes the game ... why not? Ain't nothin' desperate about trying to expand your base at what is probably the low cost of the character design.

Want you all to think bigger. Look at Clash of Clans getting Super Bowl air time. There's no reason -- other than our secret wish to keep this a square-fans-only nerds exclusive club -- that Gumi / SE shouldn't expand its audience. None. Is this the best way possible? I'm not so sure! But it does seem pretty novel and what if it's cool?

Heh, I'm totally against this. Mainly because she has no business being in the game. Especially when we have so many characters already that could use some updates. If they need another bunny girl, they could have buffed Fran. I would say the same even if they asked me personally to be in the game, though. I have no business being in the game, either. Heh, heh.

So what's cool about this for you, PL? The fact that she's the Grande lady, or that she's a bunny girl in the game? Just curious. :)

I'll refer your 'no business in the game' to the above. The inverse is equally true. Just noting I'm assuming it's not going to be literally Ariana Grande in the game, as her character model somewhat suggests. It'll be her likeness, perhaps even her name, but we're not getting some celebrity side story or anything. It's just another unit. Not a big deal.

As for why I think this is cool:

-- I think this is a harmless way to grow the audience

-- I think that audience will be more casual, younger, and new to the SE universes

-- I think growing the broader SE audience to a younger set is vital for me getting more Final Fantasy games across my devices

-- I think her unit could be unique and I highly doubt it'll be a gamebreaker, any more than any other unit is broken for more than a month, until the next broken unit is released

-- I think this potentially helps the game last a much longer time and lays the groundwork for some really neat ideas.

I think this is the right way of thinking. There's no such thing as a 'pure' Brave Exvius world. We're already mixing all the FF worlds, the tactics worlds, the BF worlds, soon the DQ worlds, and the made up BE world itself.

It's harmless, it probably helps grow the game, it's potentially a fun unit. Big deal.

mAcOdIn

And my feelings on Ariane Grande aside, I agree with the people who don't feel this is a big deal. FFBE already sullied itself with non canon units and it's set in a different world, universe, time, whatever, there's little, if any, Final Fantasy "integrity" left.

And while I'm not a fan of Ariane if she's actually a fan of the game then I'm excited for her just as I would be for any other fan who got to do something like this. If it's just a business decision and she has no idea what Final Fantasy is, well, like others have mentioned, if it keeps the game going strong I don't see the harm in it.
Have you ever heard Ramza sing? Dude sounds like a Pokémon cry.
God help me I read that in Prince's voice.

EDarkness

Like I said, some people care way too much about a made up "integrity" when it comes to their games. Some fans have a headcanon and anything that goes against it is bad in their eyes. Hell, you even see this sentiment even when it makes sense in-game like people complaining about Kingdom Hearts using live-action movies for worlds.

Ariana Grande being in this game is no different than someone fictional like Hatsune Miku being added (which is a travesty it hasn't happened yet but I digress).

This is great that you guys are happy with this. That's awesome. However, just because someone doesn't like it doesn't mean that this is treated as some sort of the end of the world thing where people are passionately fuming because she's added to the game. Personally, I don't care. I don't like that she's there, but it's not stopping me from playing the game and I don't have to use that character if I happen to pull her.

I do think that there is a such thing as game aesthetic. If you're playing Final Fantasy XV and Michael Jackson shows up and starts singing, then that just breaks the immersion. Not saying that joke characters shouldn't be in, but games generally have themes and I think adding her goes against what I perceive as the theme of this game. Apparently my view of this is wrong, at least in the eyes of the developers. Fine. It's their game and they can do whatever they want with it. If I, or any of us, think they take this kind of thing too far, then we're free to quit. It's pretty simple.

I don't like how when people seem to paint those who go aren't happy with this is terrible people. Some people like things, and some don't. That's life. We agree to disagree and move on with our lives. FFBE doesn't cause me to have that level of passion about these things and I find it funny that those who are for this are so adamant about pushing their world view on those who don't. If you like it? Fine. You don't? That's fine to.

None of it matters.

Muku

clipped due to length

Pretty sure Fencer and Juggler were in Crystal Defenders, no? Noel is I think considered from this game. Yeah, they can make characters for this game. But Ariana isn't a character, it's based on a person. With EVERYTHING the Square Enix library has... we get this? It's just lack luster. And will ultimately pollute the pool. ;_; Because at this rate I don't feel like we're going to get some of our stuff fixed.

I just find the lack of pandering that this is causing to be what I find that I don't like. Because that is what it is. She sucked up to the right people and got it. I find game world mixing fine, I mean, they've already done it in Japan, right? Don't they have some DQ stuff already? At least it is already within their library.

*shrug* I am not telling folks NOT to like her. I just think it's pandering.

Syntsui

We just had Sasuke from the Naruto collaboration last week. I see no problem with these absurd characters.

And yes, cross overs are always desperation moves.

Kouriozan

I was going to whale on the Secret of Mana banner, even said it on GAF multiple time, Gumi just don't want my money.
What's weird is that the Global version seems to be more supervised by Square Enix.

EDarkness

t's called promotion, not pandering. Ariana Grande is one of the biggest stars in the world. Why wouldn't they want to use that to encourage more people to play the game? If they manage to get 1% of their fans hooked on this game and spending, then they probably succeeded. Also, saying there's no passion while admitting you don't know anything about her is disingenuous. Also, Cloud and other will come over time so I don't know where that's coming from.

It's fine if you don't like her but you don't have to make up reasons when it's pretty obvious and logical why she's being added to the game.

Heh, heh. I don't know if I like her because I don't know anything about her personally. Never heard her music. Don't know her at all. Not interested in knowing, either. You like her? Great, more power to you, man.

There is no passion. I assure you. I'm typing this with a smile on my face and laughing at how hard people are going at trying to convince others that this is okay. Hey, it's cool. Doesn't matter to me, just something to talk about while I'm cooking dinner.

On that note, I'll stop responding to this just so it can die down and we get back to complaining about not pulling the unit we want. Just have fun with the game in whatever way works for you.

Fencer 6*. :(

Now I gotta pretend that Ariana Grande Bunny is her 6* form and whale for her.

I just wish they would give us another chance to get Fencer. I didn't realize she was a one shot unit at the time her banner was in play and totally slacked off during that time. I'd try harder next time. :)

Muku

Bigger Market?

Fencer 6*. :(

Now I gotta pretend that Ariana Grande Bunny is her 6* form and whale for her.

I didn't realize at time Fencer, Thief, and Juggler were limited time. ;_; Didn't get any of them but thought Fencer was cool. Wish I'd at least gotten Fencer. I'd have spent tickets to try to get her. Still learning the game then. :(

Kouriozan

I didn't realize at time Fencer, Thief, and Juggler were limited time. ;_; Didn't get any of them but thought Fencer was cool. Wish I'd at least gotten Fencer. I'd have spent tickets to try to get her. Still learning the game then. :(
Japan got the same Crystal Defender banner a second time but no upgrade, there is a chance they'll come back.
Devs also said they'll re-run the FF XIV event there.

Azuran

Banned
Heh, heh. I don't know if I like her because I don't know anything about her personally. Never heard her music. Don't know her at all. Not interested in knowing, either. You like her? Great, more power to you, man.

There is no passion. I assure you. I'm typing this with a smile on my face and laughing at how hard people are going at trying to convince others that this is okay. Hey, it's cool. Doesn't matter to me, just something to talk about while I'm cooking dinner.

On that note, I'll stop responding to this just so it can die down and we get back to complaining about not pulling the unit we want. Just have fun with the game in whatever way works for you.

Dude, I don't even listen or care about her music and I don't care if there's any passion or not. But I'm certainly not being negative about an addition to the game that does absolutely nothing to hurt it. Considering there's people here on GAF who are now interested in trying this out means this promotion is already doing what it was made to do. At the end of the day, getting people into the ecosystem no matter how is what's important when it comes to gatcha games.

Not saying this to about you, but if you head to Twitter and Reddit, you'll see so many negative reactions over this. It's like people are legitimately getting offended that this is a thing.

EDarkness

Dude, I don't even listen or care about her music and I don't care if there's any passion or not. But I'm certainly not being negative about an addition to the game that does absolutely nothing to hurt it. Considering there's people here on GAF who are now interested in trying this out means this promotion is already doing what it was made to do. At the end of the day, getting people into the ecosystem no matter how is what's important when it comes to gatcha games.

Not saying this to about you, but if you head to Twitter and Reddit, you'll see so many negative reactions over this. It's like people are legitimately getting offended that this is a thing.

Heh, heh. Twitter and Reddit seem to always be fairly negative. Those guys blow up about damn everything. Best to avoid in order to keep your sanity.

I know this sounds bad and will probably get the ire of some folks here, but I don't care if more people join. This is game is just my time waster when I'm too lazy to be working on my own game. Whether more people join or not doesn't matter to me, I'm just not that invested in the well being of Gumi, Square Enix, and Alim. I'm more interested in chatting with you guys and shooting the shit about what goes on in the game than whether or not they gain 5 more players.

Celegus

There are few things people enjoy more or are better at than complaining. Hardly a surprise.

EDarkness

She was a hard pull for me. Ended up with like 4 of the thief guy and 5 jugglers first before she finally fell.

I used your Fencer all the time when you had her as your leader. I liked her moveset and I hope I can add her to my collection when they give her another banner. Too bad she doesn't have a 6* upgrade. :(

Wazzy

Banned
I love her inclusion purely because it's so random lol

But they seriously need to hurry the fuck up with VIII characters.

Azuran

Banned
I love her inclusion purely because it's so random lol

But they seriously need to hurry the fuck up with VIII characters.

FF7 and 8 are probably not happening until 7* get here. There's a reason why they're delaying the release of the most popular characters in the series.

EDarkness

FF7 and 8 are probably not happening until 7* get here. There's a reason why they're delaying the release of the most popular characters in the series.

Shocked me when I started playing this game that FF 7 and FF 8 didn't have any representation. They're really holding those cards to the chest. Game is gonna explode when they add FF 7, though.

Wazzy

Banned
I know but the wait is painful. I'm going to be saving all of my lapis and tickets for VIII event whenever it actually happens,

At least the wait means more time to save.

Broseybrose

lol ariana grande?? that's stupidly random, i just saw the news

That's the perfect way to describe it. Not complaining at all, just remarking on the STUPILY RANDOMness of it.

I'm good with it, it won't hurt the game in any way. It'll actually get more people to play it.

Muku

12k points reached I can stop farming this stupid event. TM farming + story contents now.

Congrats! Yeah, worth it for the Moogle, but no point after that since they left us hanging. Also think we should get SOMETHING for going over a billion points as a whole, but meh.

bonkeng

I agree that adding Ariana seems stupid.

But it does fit with FFBE's narrative, on how Rain can summon different Visions on different worlds.

I can see that LeBron might be a summmonable unit in the future.

7* LeBron James
Class: Baller
Type: Human

Personally, I'm fine with it.

The more players they can get, the more their market gets bigger.

The bigger the market, the closer we get to Japan's market.

The closer we get to Japan's market, the closer we get to Japan's compensation.

The more compensation we get, the less whining and complaining we get.

Everybody wins.

Muku

I don't think we'll ever get close to Japans compensation.

And in all honesty, the Global Exclusive characters we do get... is anyone in Japan really jealous of? :/ I don't remember a lot, but ones we've gotten so far I do remember are meh at best.

Azuran

Banned
I don't think we'll ever get close to Japans compensation.

And in all honesty, the Global Exclusive characters we do get... is anyone in Japan really jealous of? :/ I don't remember a lot, but ones we've gotten so far I do remember are meh at best.

Japan doesn't have Elza the Supreme Demon Waifu

Shouta

I'm just intrigued at how this came about. I mean, it looks like it'll be something available for Japan too considering the staff sitting in that room.

Syntsui

Personally, I don't see any sense in purposely fucking the version of the game with less paying players. If anything we should have better bundles and deals so they could actually make people spend.

I'm absolutely sure a lot of F2P would spend a few dollars every now and then if we had something like that or if they actually made the rates fairer like Record Keeper. The Whales would keep throwing thousands of dollars every week anyway.

Syntsui

Yeah, Elza was game breaking when she came. Straight up great character, I can only imagine how broken she would be with Japan's enhancements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom