• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

im still working on my first batch qq

Technically so am I. I have 2 Excaliburs at ~80% from the first batch.

Got my first few macro'd TMs done. Celestial Gloves, Excalibur and Power of Creation. Sakurafubuki and Blade Mastery at 70%. My Noctis will have 750+ATK soon. 800+ when I get 14 more ATK from pots.

Jealous of your Celestial Gloves and PoC. Dont have those units.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What are everyone's already-completed premium TMs?

Mine:
1. Excalibur
2. DualWield
3. Dual Cast
4. Rising Sun

Currently working: Blade Mastery, Sakurafubuki, +30% MAG x2, Bracer.

Broseybrose

Mine:
1. Excalibur
2. DualWield
3. Dual Cast
4. Rising Sun

DC, DW (as soon as we get our monthly arena rewards), and Rising Sun.

Started on 2nd DW, BM, and Sakurafubuki. As soon as my Excals are done Im popping 2 Shantotto into Cecil's spot.

Celegus

Mine:
1. Excalibur
2. DualWield
3. Dual Cast
4. Rising Sun

2 Dual Wield, 2 Rising Sun, Double Cast, Excalibur, Lordly Robe, Barrage.

Working on Kaiser Knuckle, PoC, BM, and 2 Champion Belts. Also have Hayate, Cecil #2 and Celes around 30% whenever I get back to them.

Muku

Only one is DW right now. Working on Dual Cast now. I don't run Nox so it's all manual + Trust Moogles.

Cool, thanks again! Is there a list of mats that I should sell and mats that I should keep? I don't want to sell anything too important.
It depends on how many worthwhile 3* units you have. There are mats you need to awaken them from 3* to 4* that aren't useful for anything else so depending on if you have valuable 3* units is whether you can sell those or not. I think if you google a particular mat the brave exvious site will tell you what it can be used towards. You can also look at a unit on that site and see what all their awakening materials are for each * phase. The most important ones to hoard up are Sacred Crystals and Holy Crystals (used for almost every unit's 4* to 5* awakening), Fire and Ice Megacrysts (used in recipe for Hero Rings which you'll get the recipe for once you've hit 30 achievements in the game), Screamroots (used to craft keys and are rare), and mats used to awaken units to 6* which are Rainbow Blooms, Faire's Writs, Divine Crystals, Calamity Gems, Calamity Writs, and Prismatic Horns. That all said, you never know when an event will provide a recipe that requires a ton of a basic item. There was one that required a ton of wood which was pretty much worthless before then. So it's best to keep as many different items as you can just in case.

Mine:
1. Excalibur
2. DualWield
3. Dual Cast
4. Rising Sun

Pffft you know you got that Equip H Shield!

I just have:

1. Dual Wield
2. Dual Cast
3. Dual Cast
4. Equip H Shield and am over 80% done with Excalibur

Currently working on: Excalibur, Blade Mastery, Sakurafubuki, Bracer, Black Cowl and will put in a second bracer once Excal finishes soon.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I really didn't get the Equip H Shield! I had a couple Charlottes from banners looong long ago and I stopped pulling the Noctis banner the moment I got him (and Chizuru). EHS is only at like 16%!

Celegus

Pffft you know you got that Equip H Shield!

I got everyone on the banner and only pulled 4 Charlottes! Only had one prior so I have to get mine the hard way, heh. Not that I'm complaining, this was the first (and probably last) time I ever got lucky in this game!

This new macro I'm using for Nox is the truth. It lasted the whole night, didn't get interrupted by either the Adventure completed daily or the daily log-in reward, and was still going when I got home from work without a break :D If this keeps up I'm going to learn TMs exponentially faster than before! EXCITE!

Also loooooool at Arena! I regret looking for the lowest level teams for the first few attempts. After wiping them on the first turn every time I decided to start fighting the highest ranks and I curb stomp them too even if they go first. Thank goodness the computer is dumb with their whale characters. Some noob Arena questions:

1. I went up to Rank 66 after the first match or two I think and have not went any higher despite winning all 5 matches. Why is this? How do I get higher?

2. What's the point of putting a weaker unit as your leader? You battle the computer and they don't lose rank from you beating their team, right? Is it just to troll people for fun? You won't even know if and how many pick you if that's the case haha

3. I found where you can use the tokens, does it stay on this one grid the whole month and then reset the grid? Or are their higher level grids with better rewards you can unlock? I.E. I see mini pots but can I get to a higher level grid with normal sized pots?

I really didn't get the Equip H Shield! I had a couple Charlottes from banners looong long ago and I stopped pulling the Noctis banner the moment I got him (and Chizuru). EHS is only at like 16%!

I got everyone on the banner and only pulled 4 Charlottes! Only had one prior so I have to get mine the hard way, heh. Not that I'm complaining, this was the first (and probably last) time I ever got lucky in this game!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? How is this possible? haha I got an obscene amount of her. Actually, I just remebered that I got a ton of her and had her fairly high from the first Lightning banner but still, I trashed a ton after learning it once too. So....many...

Eidjinn

Mine:
1. Excalibur
2. DualWield
3. Dual Cast

1. Dual Wield
2. Dualcast
3. Ribbon

Working on: Excalibur(98%!!), 2x Blade Mastery, Genji Glove, Power of Creation

Dropped (for the moment): Maximillian (50ish%), Rising Sun (60ish%)

Next projects: Bracer, Black Cowl, 2x Sakurafubuki and another Blade Mastery

This gonna be fun.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? How is this possible? haha I got an obscene amount of her. Actually, I just remebered that I got a ton of her and had her fairly high from the first Lightning banner but still, I trashed a ton after learning it once too. So....many...

Then we owe you for pulling Charlottes so we didn't have to!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Sounds good! I'll take any of: Lightning/Luneth/Gilgamesh from each of you. Not picky at all! ;p

Ok I'll contact Gumi today

(but seriously anyone think Gumi gave me Noctis via pull because they got so fucky with my lapis purchase? i don't, but i'd listen to your conspiracies if you have one.)

Celegus

Also loooooool at Arena! I regret looking for the lowest level teams for the first few attempts. After wiping them on the first turn every time I decided to start fighting the highest ranks and I curb stomp them too even if they go first. Thank goodness the computer is dumb with their whale characters. Some noob Arena questions:

1. I went up to Rank 66 after the first match or two I think and have not went any higher despite winning all 5 matches. Why is this? How do I get higher?

2. What's the point of putting a weaker unit as your leader? You battle the computer and they don't lose rank from you beating their team, right? Is it just to troll people for fun? You won't even know if and how many pick you if that's the case haha

3. I found where you can use the tokens, does it stay on this one grid the whole month and then reset the grid? Or are their higher level grids with better rewards you can unlock? I.E. I see mini pots but can I get to a higher level grid with normal sized pots?

1. Are you sure that's not your player rank? At the first arena screen, look where it says "No. #####" right above your name. That's your arena rank. My best advice is to keep below rank 30,000.

2. Pretty much just trolling. The AI is super dumb so it doesn't make a big difference most of the time what you're actually up against. Sometimes they do smart things and wipe you before your first turn, but it's rare.

3. The grid will reset once you fill the whole thing in, and you'll get a standard pot for clearing it. Then it just repeats ad infinitum, so no worries about "wasting" medals - clear as many as you can.

4. It took me 30+ summons just to get one Charlotte and Ludmille on the Lightning banner. That one was pretty brutal.

Whales

Banned

Mine:
1. Excalibur
2. DualWield
3. Dual Cast
4. Rising Sun

Done:

2x DW
Genji Gloves
Blade Mastery
Sakurafubuki
2x Black cowl
Bracer
Power of Creation
Save the Queen
Excalibur
Dual Cast
2x Equip H shield (thx for the hard pulls noctis..)

Currently doing:
2x Sakurafubuki
Blade Mastery
Excalibur
Save the Queen

Going to be done once we finally receive the freaking monhtly rank moogle TM: A blade mastery

So basically my DPS units are all going to have a sakurafubuki and blade mastery+ DW, with an excal or a save the queen equipped

lol just pulled lightning on a random ticket

Luneth, Lightning, Firion, Bartz, Krile.

Not bad for day one.

Dude.

Mine:
1. Excalibur
2. DualWield
3. Dual Cast
4. Rising Sun

1. Excalibur x2
2. Power of Creation
3. Genji Glove
4. Dual Wield
5. Dualcast x2
6. Gungnir (it counts?)
7. Romandan Pistol
8. Sakurafubuki
9. Blade Mastery x2
10. Minerva Bustier
11. Magi Staff
12. Equip H Shield (naturally)

Currently running 2x Miyuki for Sakurafubuki #2, 2x Hayate for Black Cowl #1, and Ramza for Brave Suit. When the doubles tap out, I'll roll another Blade Mastery (with 2x Chorizo) and another Black Cowl (another 2x Hayate).

My longterm to-dos are:
1. Bracer x2
2. Celestial Gloves
3. Save the Queen (I've got like 9 Agriases)
4. Seal of Destruction x4

Andvary

Mine:
1. Excalibur
2. DualWield
3. Dual Cast
4. Rising Sun

Dualwield
MAG+30%
Dualcast
Barrage
Equip H Shield
Excalibur

working on: PoC, Bracer, Sakurafubuki, Blade Mastery and another Dual Wield

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
lol just pulled lightning on a random ticket

Luneth, Lightning, Firion, Bartz, Krile.

Not bad for day one.

you what

giphy.gif

Flambe

Nice start Quonny!

As for TMs I got:
2x equip heavy shield
Genji gloves
Sakurafubiki
Ribbon
Excalibur
Gungnir

Working on
88% DW
84% Blademastery
74% PoC, Bracer, Lunge Combo

Soon my Noctis, sooooon

tuffymon

Finally back from the holidays and catching up on the last bajillion pages... congrats to all the new blood around, and the parties they have. Congrats to all new 5 base owners... and a new bunny girl ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Also, thanks for all the mentions on my last 5 base pull. Following the trend.

DW
DC
Blade Mastery
Doublehand
Mag 30%
Barrage
Sakurafubuki
Rising Sun x2

with more on the way!

mstevens

Quonny you should add me if you haven't already. Us lucky new guys have to stick together.

Code is 576 267 377

And anyone else from GAF who wants to add me. I can't tell who is who, so I'm looking for GAF in the greeting or something.

fionel

179,839,035 is my number.

Defense Instinct is Yamata no orochi's TM. It's 40% attack and 60% defense/mind increase below a certain HP that's permanent until the char dies or it's dispelled.

I'd need a 50% attack up TN to beat it like Dark knight soul. lol

Sent an invite!

oh that one. that one is nice. I'd keep it over a 50% TM lol.

DKS is nice if you have onion sword or fraternity.

Regardless Orlandu paired with an enhanced +2 Agrias will do insane damage together hehe

Quonny

Quonny you should add me if you haven't already. Us lucky new guys have to stick together.

Code is 576 267 377

And anyone else from GAF who wants to add me. I can't tell who is who, so I'm looking for GAF in the greeting or something.

Added!

Anyone can add me.

312 666 424

Azuran

Banned

Mine:
1. Excalibur
2. DualWield
3. Dual Cast
4. Rising Sun

1. Dual Wield
2. Gungnir
3. Blade Mastery
4. Dualcast
5. Doublehand

Currently working: Demon Scythe, Sakurafubuki, Dual Wield, Power of Creation, Excalibur

Syrus

Banned

Mine:
1. Excalibur
2. DualWield
3. Dual Cast
4. Rising Sun

Mag 30 , dual wield , H shield , omnirod, doublehand

Excal at 63% , blade mast 58% , deathbringer 19% , sakurafubiki 38%.

Really excited to finish this batch.

Shouta

Sent an invite!

oh that one. that one is nice. I'd keep it over a 50% TM lol.

DKS is nice if you have onion sword or fraternity.

Regardless Orlandu paired with an enhanced +2 Agrias will do insane damage together hehe

Already accepted.

If anyone else is playing JP, let me know and I can make room or get more slots to add.

Muku

Haha, that'd be amazing. I just wish his initial banner was better than it is, it's going to be painful waiting for him to return. :(

I like to hope, think, pray I'm saving up for Orlandu. Even though Noel came crashing in first couple of days into banner on me. I told myself I wasn't going to pull, then did so on a whim.

I know, right? I'm still waiting for his banner. I'll wait to check it out and see how things are with lapis + tickets then. I may throw a little bit into it anyway if TMs are at least interesting enough.

CCIE

Banned
For those starting out - do NOT waste Gil on energy. Limit pulls to cheaper ones (daily half price) until a good banner. Finish the Colosseum for better equipment, and do your dailies. For the crafting trophies I took a different approach, and am almost done. When you get to the point you you can farm TMR, I asked for Water Crystals to make potions, and went through that trophy really quick, because you get the rest of the ingredients in spades while farming. Same goes for using light crystals to farm Cure over and over again for another trophy. And leather whips galore using TM farming ingredients as well. Easy to do when farming TMR. Most of the trophies will come to you naturally as you play.

Just enjoy the game - there are many with units that can carry a starting team. Agree about farming Frosty the next couple of days for some pretty nice starting equipment. You have two more days to do so.

CCIE

Banned
And everyone here but a few seem to have multiple base 5* characters. Congrats, and I hate you too 😉

mstevens

For those starting out - do NOT waste Gil on energy. Limit pulls to cheaper ones (daily half price) until a good banner. Finish the Colosseum for better equipment, and do your dailies. For the crafting trophies I took a different approach, and am almost done. When you get to the point you you can farm TMR, I asked for Water Crystals to make potions, and went through that trophy really quick, because you get the rest of the ingredients in spades while farming. Same goes for using light crystals to farm Cure over and over again for another trophy. And leather whips galore using TM farming ingredients as well. Easy to do when farming TMR. Most of the trophies will come to you naturally as you play.

Just enjoy the game - there are many with units that can carry a starting team. Agree about farming Frosty the next couple of days for some pretty nice starting equipment. You have two more days to do so.

The daily half price seems like a steal, but part of me wants to save everything for Orlandu. What do you think?

I'm also having a hard time deciding on using my limited energy farming Frosty or pushing the story along. 23 NRG goes quick, even after using the dailies to cap my energy like the poster above recommended.

Muku

The daily half price seems like a steal, but part of me wants to save everything for Orlandu. What do you think?

I'm also having a hard time deciding on using my limited energy farming Frosty or pushing the story along. 23 NRG goes quick, even after using the dailies to cap my energy like the poster above recommended.

In the beginning, I was doing it to help out my squad. I still do it relatively often on my alt account because my crew isn't all that hot. Though fairly recently got CoD and Chizuru. Got them to 6* and they're both almost capped now. Wouldn't have gotten them if I wasn't doing the daily pull.

I find it a bit meh right now that my alt account is relatively close to what I have on my main in terms of units being used. CoD, Chizuru, Refia, Exdeath. Only thing is alt has Delita and main has Luneth. My alt could use a little love. Tonight it didn't get it. Did daily pull (Leo) and two ticket pulls off the rare banner. That yielded a Lenna and Clyne. Fuck you Clyne.

Edit: Hell yeah monthly ranking rewards! Trust Moogle GET!

Also, today they would have the three shitty Colosseum wins. Might not be able to get daily 50 lapis. Not doing Frosty, because I am so done with that. But I'm like 83 or 84 Arena streak. I think this is the week I can get it done, so the lapis will have to just wait.

desverger

Also, today they would have the three shitty Colosseum wins. Might not be able to get daily 50 lapis. Not doing Frosty, because I am so done with that. But I'm like 83 or 84 Arena streak. I think this is the week I can get it done, so the lapis will have to just wait.

Do the 5 NRG frosty, he dies to one Firaga :p

Gets you those sweet Vortex Quest completions too.

More energy for TMs!

Muku

Do the 5 NRG frosty, he dies to one Firaga :p

Gets you those sweet Vortex Quest completions too.

More energy for TMs!

Arena is more important right now to me. Energy is just basically wasted doing it and regaining it. :p I did 5RNG EXP ones for Mercedes. I am just so done with Frosty though that I just don't care.

Once I get my 100 freaking wins in though this will make things so much easier. I've lost my chains several times in the 70s due to bs. So ... hoping to finish this week.

Edit: Plus, you'd have to have time for those TMs. :p Which I generally don't, at least not during week. Tomorrow goes back to regularly scheduled work. Ugh. And since I do TMs manually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom