• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-wood

I pulled a bunch this morning trying to get lightning with my summon tickets. I didn't get her, but I got these:

3 star bedile
4 star refia
3 star rydia
a bunch of 3 star fangs

I think I read that refia is good, but what say you gaf? Whats good, what's trash?

I pulled a bunch this morning trying to get lightning with my summon tickets. I didn't get her, but I got these:

3 star bedile
4 star refia
3 star rydia
a bunch of 3 star fangs

I think I read that refia is good, but what say you gaf? Whats good, what's trash?

Refia is the best healer in the game atm at 6*. Bedile is trash...Rydia isn't "great" but she isn't bad and Fang is not good but she is a bonus unit for the current event so she has that.

Syntsui

FF Zero with THE 3* unit with ATK+20% can't come soon enough. I need to blow some tickets.

I just can't resist seeing you guys pulling all these Miyukis.

forgrim

Refia is great.

And the only rainbow i got was during ff3 banner and i got ramza lol. And ive been playing since launch

Huh.

So I just figured out that if I run with Hope, Fang, Snow, and Lightning and bring along another Lightning friend, I can get 1,000 gears in PRO. No brainer auto win and 1,000 gears pretty much each time? Sure... why the hell not?

And with a refresh, that means 7,000+ gears given my current max NRG. Which in turn means it would cost me 300 lapis (give or take) to get the 30k moogle. That seems like a pretty good exchange to me, yes?

Huh.

So I just figured out that if I run with Hope, Fang, Snow, and Lightning and bring along another Lightning friend, I can get 1,000 gears in PRO. No brainer auto win and 1,000 gears pretty much each time? Sure... why the hell not?

And with a refresh, that means 7,000+ gears given my current max NRG. Which in turn means it would cost me 300 lapis (give or take) to get the 30k moogle. That seems like a pretty good exchange to me, yes?

This doesn't add up to me, unless I'm doing wrong. You've got 400% there, and if you're getting 1,000 that means the base (before any bonus) is 200. But ELT is giving ~220. Are you sure you're getting 200 base on PRO, because that doesn't make sense.

H3xum

How come Valentus' Gilgamesh has 400 ATK now? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? :(

My theory is he moved everything to Lightening and then forgot to set as leader?

Also, we have seen the great gacha change and the cogs rates up, but, has anyone else noticed a big change in Arena matchups? I have noticed that I have had a lot of parties my exact level or lower that offers 1.3+ points. Very welcome (if it isn't just a fluke), because before this patch if I wanted anything above 1.0 I would have to be fighting ranks at least 10+ higher than my own rank

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Huh.

1. congrats on your lightning

2. yes 300 lapis to replace 10K battles is a good exchange

3. kinda mad you got a lightning tbh

tariniel

Did they ever explain what caused the long maintenance? I saw some notes in their news about issues with the Amazon version, was that it?

My 3 slots are full but if anyone needs another Lightning for the event let me know and I can make some more room :)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
My theory is he moved everything to Lightening and then forgot to set as leader?

Also, we have seen the great gacha change and the cogs rates up, but, has anyone else noticed a big change in Arena matchups? I have noticed that I have had a lot of parties my exact level or lower that offers 1.3+ points. Very welcome (if it isn't just a fluke), because before this patch if I wanted anything above 1.0 I would have to be fighting ranks at least 10+ higher than my own rank

Something is up with the arena but I can't put my finger on it.

Anyone have a solid strat? My best bet so far has been to osmose their lead mage first, then healer. Getting that far against a 3x lightning set, though...

tariniel

Something is up with the arena but I can't put my finger on it.

Anyone have a solid strat? My best bet so far has been to osmose their lead mage first, then healer. Getting that far against a 3x lightning set, though...

Do you have anyone with an AoE physical attack? Put the sleep sword or sleep dagger on them and hope. Or the golem staff. It says no status but these still work. That's my go-to strategy. That and I use Tellah to cast Recall and hope for Death.

creid

This doesn't add up to me, unless I'm doing wrong. You've got 400% there, and if you're getting 1,000 that means the base (before any bonus) is 200. But ELT is giving ~220. Are you sure you're getting 200 base on PRO, because that doesn't make sense.

I've been getting ~150 base on Pro since the increase.

Did they ever explain what caused the long maintenance? I saw some notes in their news about issues with the Amazon version, was that it?

I'm guessing it's the issue with people on the amazon version not being able to purchase lapis. Pretty major issue with a f2p game.

I decided to run it a few more times to get some averages. The numbers look like this:

1) 1,068 gears
2) 820 gears
3) 870 gears
4) Gigantuar showed up... 2,670 gears
5) 770 gears

So it looks like the first run was a fluke, perfect run in terms of what you can get. Odd. But going by averages, it's still close to 800 gears each run without having to break a sweat. Takes me literally 30 seconds to get through the whole thing. I'll take that over running ELT for not much gain. And holy crap at the Gigantuar return rate! Oh, and I've also gotten 3 megacites and 2 holy crystals on these runs.

1. congrats on your lightning

2. yes 300 lapis to replace 10K battles is a good exchange

3. kinda mad you got a lightning tbh

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm going to run PRO for a bit and refill energy a few times. And yeah... I'd be made at me too if I were you.

tariniel

God dammit the rates in this game are too fucking low. 9 fucking 11 pulls should get you a 5* base, fucking ridiculous :-/

It really does suck, I'm debating with myself constantly over whether I want to 11 pull to try for Gilgamesh because he would do so much for my team, but I'm 99% sure I wouldn't get a rainbow or it would be a troll one anyway. Feels really bad.

Also, can I sell Excalipoor? Do I need this for anything in the future? lol

Sucks that Lightning can't solo ELT. Even with Bokeng's 750 ATK Lightning and Vanille's Cheer, Crushing Blow isn't enough to 1-shot the Myrmidon. Then he kills all my Lv. 1 Hopes and I can't chain on the final boss round.

Sucks that Lightning can't solo ELT. Even with Bokeng's 750 ATK Lightning and Vanille's Cheer, Crushing Blow isn't enough to 1-shot the Myrmidon. Then he kills all my Lv. 1 Hopes and I can't chain on the final boss round.

Yeah I have to bring Elza to debuff and support on ELT

but at 300% bonus im happy getting 900 a run

H3xum

Did the FFXIII event get extended an extra day due to the maintenance or was that just the FFV event/Arena? i.e. will we have these gear rates until next Friday?

does it really matter if they die?
do you get less bonus if they do?

No, but you need them to build up chain so your heavy hitter's attack does more damage

ah oki.
well these heavy duty guys "Valentus, thrillho, Bonkeng, Rixa, Zera, and I think I might have some more OP friends can almost solo this event. Gilgamesh was crazy and could solo it with Valentus and Bonkeng. Lightning takes a bit more time and hands on approach. Im wasting all my gil on turbo ethers haha.

Xion86

See that GREY LOCK. Click it, so that it is YELLOW.

DO IT ASAP ASAP ASAP!

I know, I know, I did it after, I was just excited to show :p

Congrats to everyone who had lucky pulls today, there have been quite a few. cmurph well done on getting that TM too! I've got 4 Medius, so may go for 2 Growth Eggs.

Dude ELT enemies can kill 6 star units as well

You want to kill in the first turn if possible

True, my entire team is usually dead except Cecil and my OP friend haha. However they manage to always stay alive to finish it off. Have only had 3 wipes so far and been getting around 30k Trochoid gears

Xion86

Huh good. *Phew* :) o/

And Grats XD

Thanks :) it was just all a bit manic, after getting the pull, crazy excitement through my body, then the game crashing, panic surging over, logging in and not finding the unit etc. Then ended up sharing quickly as I was quite excited before hitting lock :D. I've got too many locked so that's why it took ages to find her, kept scrolling down for ages and somehow missed her on my first search,

Been a bit busy at work after but just got home, so time to max her out, then sort out my new team and have a go at the trial boss. I'll then get a new Arena team and grind for gears.

tuffymon

ah oki.
well these heavy duty guys "Valentus, thrillho, Bonkeng, Rixa, Zera, and I think I might have some more OP friends can almost solo this event. Gilgamesh was crazy and could solo it with Valentus and Bonkeng. Lightning takes a bit more time and hands on approach. Im wasting all my gil on turbo ethers haha.

Why? How? First two rounds can be done with double lightning blitz, sometimes the third if you deal with any other chain / attack boost.

Celegus

Do we know if they actually changed the 3* rates? So many Zidanes around today, and I got (second) Firion on my daily.

Syntsui

Do we know if they actually changed the 3* rates? So many Zidanes around today, and I got (second) Firion on my daily.
They most certainly did, the amount of good units on all the pulls showed here is unprecedent. Specially the Zidanes.

Until someone datamine to confirm, we will never know for sure.

Rixa

They most certainly did, the amount of good units on all the pulls showed here is unprecedent. Specially the Zidanes.

Until someone datamine to confirm, we will never know for sure.

Or then they fucked it up by accidentally (still 0 Zidanes here). And they will "fix" it in later update.

But as you can see my todays 2x 10+1. Not much "trash" units.

Pull.PNG
Onlyonegold.PNG

Yeah its weird

did they equalize the 3 stars?

Thats would be like a half step towards the JP changes :p

Now we just need the 4-5 Bases to get fixed

I pulled a gold Vanille so trolls are here to stay but I have noticed more variety in my blues

Could just be an RNG thing though

Need more data

Yeah its weird

did they equalize the 3 stars?

Thats would be like a half step towards the JP changes :p

Now we just need the 4-5 Bases to get fixed

I pulled a gold Vanille so trolls are here to stay but I have noticed more variety in my blues

Could just be an RNG thing though

Need more data

Vanille is a base 4* so she can't be lower than gold. :p

Just a reminder for those who may have forgotten most of us have elemental weapons so you need to using Imperil to score higher damage when using friend carry Lightning, Gilga, Elza, Luneth, etc.

You need a 700 atk+ lightning with Machine Killer to easily solo ELT. Electric Blitz rd 1, Crushing Blow rd 2 and 3, Crushing Blow then Electric Blitz rd4. Use deprotect/deshell/buffs and combo with the other units.

tuffymon

Or then they fucked it up by accidentally (still 0 Zidanes here). And they will "fix" it in later update.

But as you can see my todays 2x 10+1. Not much "trash" units.

The Lightning more than makes up for the Freya, Vivi's and Krile~ Look at the teeth you have D:

Rixa

The Lightning more than makes up for the Freya, Vivi's and Krile~ Look at the teeth you have D:

Yeah but what I mean. Only 2 max 4* in 22 pulls. Where are all the Shadows, Clynes, Russells, Edgars, Bediles.

Iam ok with this, hopefully it will be this way in the future banners too (ofc that gacha rarity change would be awesome too).

Damn, 30k moogle obtained just from running the event today alone. My Lightning, my 3 Sahz, Gilga, and friend Lightning is just about ~1000 gears. Ran into 3 or 4 cactuars today for the first time ever which surely helped speed things along. I will push for the 70k moogle, all tickets, Lightning exclusive materia and then I'm done with this event and back to tm farming.

You need a 700 atk+ lightning with Machine Killer to easily solo ELT. Electric Blitz rd 1, Crushing Blow rd 2 and 3, Crushing Blow then Electric Blitz rd4. Use deprotect/deshell/buffs and combo with the other units.

hrmmm I may try this I am using my 730+ Luneth as my main attacker and my 470ish Lightning and a snow/vanille/hope and a friend Lightning. I wonder if I switch all my Luneth gear to Lightning which would get her in the 700's easily and then put another snow in there if I could do it with just those two Lightnings. My Luneth destroys them but would love an extra 75% increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom