• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstevens

Just did a massive cleanup of my units. Last two I can't deicde on - will I ever need two Leo TMRs and should I keep two ExDeaths in case I want to nuke something?

Just did a massive cleanup of my units. Last two I can't deicde on - will I ever need two Leo TMRs and should I keep two ExDeaths in case I want to nuke something?

If you have Equip H Shield you could use one on a healer but otherwise unlikely you'll use two. Do you have a Charlotte you intend on TM farming for? That's where the aforementioned TM comes from.

greyshark

Cleared out a few inactives if any of you need a strong mage for the ELT event dungeon. Currently rocking a 698 MAG Dark Fina - 401,054,913

ohNOitsRO

I pulled specifically for two Leon's cause I think 2 will be beneficial in the long run.

EDIT: D'oh! Just saw you wrote Leo not Leon xD. I doubt you'll need more than one Aegis.

bonkeng

Whew, finally managed to continue TM farming after a long break and got my 2nd Brave Suit.

My TM update:

IPqvOS8.png

All TMs for Yun progressing nicely.

robotuw

Finally got Deathbringer and took it for a test spin on the ELT dreadnought. Boy you all weren't kidding about the physical resistant boss. Two top-tier Noctis were doing as much damage together as my mediocre Exdeath. I got it done though, and with all missions except the white magic one.

Wazzy

Banned
I guess I'll go back to TM farming. I should really download a macro because manual is horrible lol
Noct is good for Comeback and Fire Flask for the sergeants. Also Cover.
Yeah I tried the fight again and Noctis was doing great. I don't think my units are good enough to clear the fight at the moment though. I'll probably have to hold off until I can get another Mage unit to 6* so I can swap out Snow or Luneth.

mstevens

I guess I'll go back to TM farming. I should really download a macro because manual is horrible lol

Yeah I tried the fight again and Noctis was doing great. I don't think my units are good enough to clear the fight at the moment though. I'll probably have to hold off until I can get another Mage unit to 6* so I can swap out Snow or Luneth.

I started using the no lapis refill TM Speed Run - Ultimate Build on MEmu from this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

Best decision I've made in this game. It's incredible.

Valentus

I dont find the post, but in reddit when the Crystal change happened un jp (ff6 Event) someone did the math, and the conclussion was that, with Crystal change, if you do an 11 pull, the first unit (the guarantee gold) has a 70% chance of being the 4 star banner unit.

In ffzero 2 case, should be Nine, the unit with the exp+50% materia TM.

Rixa

I dont find the post, but in reddit when the Crystal change happened un jp (ff6 Event) someone did the math, and the conclussion was that, with Crystal change, if you do an 11 pull, the first unit (the guarantee gold) has a 70% chance of being the 4 star banner unit.

In ffzero 2 case, should be Nine, the unit with the exp+50% materia TM.

Any ideas does one Nine TM stack with 2 Growth Eggs? Time will show if Nine TM stacks thus you can equip 4 of them (and 2 Growth Eggs)...

Valentus

Any ideas does one Nine TM stack with 2 Growth Eggs? Time will show if Nine TM stacks thus you can equip 4 of them (and 2 Growth Eggs)...

If you can use 2 growth eggs... Then for sure you can use 4 Nines TM Too.

+300% exp... Doing a adv exo dungeon Will give you 120.000 exp

Rixa

400% xp...who needs gigantuars right?
If you can use 2 growth eggs... Then for sure you can use 4 Nines TM Too.
+300% exp... Doing a adv exo dungeon Will give you 120.000 exp

Even timewise its faster to run EXP Vortex than to go to King Mog and buy & use bunch of Jumbos :D. Granted I don't have Growth Eggs nor not planning to get Nine (it comes if it comes).

But that 300% increase sounds nice :D

Nikokuno

Yeah but still, farming all those TM is something. Buy Gigantuars is way easier. On the other side you got to pay to enhance 🤔

Rixa

Yeah but still, farming all those TM is something. Buy Gigantuars is way easier. On the other side you got to pay to enhance ��

Having 9mil GIL and not in a hurry to get unit to 100 level, I rather buy Jumbos from King Mog / do them from different events. Thats my reason not to TM farm GEggs.

Alkez

Having 9mil GIL and not in a hurry to get unit to 100 level, I rather buy Jumbos from King Mog / do them from different events. Thats my reason not to TM farm GEggs.

Same lol. I have 2 Medius but I don't know if I'll ever get round to farming them. I have about 20 gigantuars from the mog king to use and no one to use them on atm.

Nikokuno

Same lol. I have 2 Medius but I don't know if I'll ever get round to farming them. I have about 20 gigantuars from the mog king to use and no one to use them on atm.

Other problem is that Gigantuars need slot too, if you save em at least

Rixa

Other problem is that Gigantuars need slot too, if you save em at least

After 9 months of playing amount of slots (265) is not a problem. But you are right that issue is still there, for me the problem comes from having gazillion 3* & 4* units that are "Good TM" but I don't have time to do their TM :p
So I have 14 Jumbos in inventory and shitton of units, thus Iam sitting at 255/265 now.

Everything leads to lazy slot management:
For example having 5 Penelos (one is at 75%, 4 are at 0%). 3 Garlands at 0% and so on. Also I have 5 Shantottos, 4 are at 100% and one is at 85%. 2 Zidanes at 100%, 3 Chorizos (one maxed 5*) at 100%.

I decided to try NOX for MAC. Got tired of Switch Control for iPhone.

According to Reddit on HiroMacro for NOX" I assume I need HiroMacro":

Here's how to get started:

Install Nox for OSX.
Download and install FFBE from either the google play store or Amazon Underground
Install HiroMacro
Create a new macro in HiroMacro and paste the macro text from here, then save it with a descriptive file name
Go to settings for Nox, turn on root and make sure the resolution matches the one in the macro text (1280x720)
Restart Nox, and now you're set!

Now my problem here is, I cant find the Settings on NOX for mac. I dont know how to get it into Root mode

H3xum

I didn't expect the free 10+1 to have a limited time on it...hope the banner this week is the players choice one then so I can use the pull on it.

I really don't want to use it on this banner/FF0-2

Celegus

I didn't expect the free 10+1 to have a limited time on it...hope the banner this week is the players choice one then so I can use the pull on it.

Specifically says it will not count towards units with increased rates. It's basically the rare off-banner summon. So I guess you can use it right away or wait for whoever is coming out by the 9th so they're in the pool.

H3xum

Specifically says it will not count towards units with increased rates. It's basically the rare off-banner summon. So I guess you can use it right away or wait for whoever is coming out by the 9th so they're in the pool.

Oh, thank you...details, details....never my forte

Rixa

Expecting to see:

10x 3*
1x 4*

0.5% of ExGAFers gets 5*.

v.2.0.0 Update:
Shortcut button to King Mog added

Celegus

Curious how many trophies will be needed for the new rings. Just finished the friend point one recently, but I'm missing a lot of the crafting and item usage ones. Have a dozen or so hero rings, they're used as ingredients for the bigger ones right?

Daily was Russell, still no banner people! Wife's was gold penelo, glad those days are almost over...

Update is hype! Will wait to use my free summon until the last day if it lines up with a new banner release just in case it adds something useful to them pool. Also didn't the community event have a ticket or two in it? I still have the same amount I had before.....

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's only worth farming for Medius's egg if you have 4 or more. Basically, if you want your costs. Take the NRG costs to TM farm one. That is everything in the Red. Then once you gain that back with only the additional Exp. You're in the Black. Then you have to earn more than what you lost in the time it took for you to gain that back. Now you're in the profit. It's basically a trap item since the best way to level is Cacturs.

Also, new rings are in. This is the best news to me. Ruler's Ring is basically on par ATK wise with bracers if you max potted your character. So it's great to get TM quality accessories for your ATK for nothing really. Also comes with a bit of HP and MP.

Rixa

Update is hype! Will wait to use my free summon until the last day if it lines up with a new banner release just in case it adds something useful to them pool. Also didn't the community event have a ticket or two in it? I still have the same amount I had before.....

1 Tix
200 Lapis
30 Nrg

I haven't claimed them.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Expecting to see:

10x 3*
1x 4*

0.5% of ExGAFers gets 5*.

v.2.0.0 Update:
Shortcut button to King Mog added

Most like 1%.

Since the next two banners are most like Olive's and FFZero P2. I'll probably burn it once Olive's comes. Maybe with some luck, I'll pull a Shine.

Rixa

Most like 1%.

Since the next two banners are most like Olive's and FFZero P2. I'll probably burn it once Olive's comes. Maybe with some luck, I'll pull a Shine.

Olive is added permanently to the pool?
You are right, prolly way more than 1% since there is 11 pulls and not just one.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Olive is added permanently to the pool?
You are right, prolly way more than 1% since there is 11 pulls and not just one.

Actually, it should be 5%. I believe yellow crystals have a 5% chance to turn Rainbow.

Nor do I see any reason why she wouldn't be. She's not seasonal nor a crossover.

Rixa

Actually, it should be 5%. I believe yellow crystals have a 5% chance to turn Rainbow.

Nor do I see any reason why she wouldn't be. She's not seasonal nor a crossover.

If that crystal has 5% chance. What about the rest of 10 pulls? ~1% - 1.5% per pull?
Thus is it then 5% + 10% to 15% = 15% to 20% chance to get Rainbow? Or something else, Iam poor at math :p

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If that crystal has 5% chance. What about the rest of 10 pulls? ~1% - 1.5% per pull?
Thus is it then 5% + 10% to 15% = 15% to 20% chance to get Rainbow? Or something else, Iam poor at math :p

The remainder of the pull results in the same. Nor is it cumulative.

I.E. The first crystal as a 5% chance to be rainbow, following 10 will have 1%. If I recall, the previous math stated something like a 6-7% chance to get a rainbow on a 10+1 pull. Largely due to the 4*

bonkeng

Lol.

I think every 5k pull has ~7% chance of getting a Rainbow.

Edit: beaten by shin

Rixa

^^

Heh ok :p

Expect to see many new faces in this thread to announce they got xx :p
Grats to those who get multi rainbows.

jnWake

I think the chance of rainbow is 14%.

Using the numbers above, there's a 95% chance of NOT getting a rainbow in the first one and a 99% of NOT getting a rainbow in each of the following 10.

Hence, chance of NOT getting a rainbow is 95%*99%^10 = 86%.

So, chance of getting a rainbow is 14%.

H3xum

One day, I will pull a half price Rainbow

One day, I will pull a rainbow.

I hope Olives banner is next week, she seems beefy. I will definitely wait to use my free 11 pull until shes in the pool.

A brother can dream.

So why is the FFIV healer better than Refia on Altema? The kit seems basically the same except Refia has full raise and Y'sthola has offensive capabilities. To my basic brain, Refia seems far more useful. Granted Y'shtola has innate DC, but, I thought Altema considers TMs in their rankings.

Yesterday I did my half-price pull and saw the glorious rainbow descend, and then it cracked onto... Exdeath. Oh well, I wanted him anyway.

I set up iOS switch control last night to get the TM grind going, it works pretty well, but I'm going to try out an emulator soon.

Vashetti

Banned
I've no basis for this, but I'm scared that the jump to 2.0 may give them an excuse to drop iOS 7 and lock me out of playing on my iPhone 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom