• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Well, I told myself after we heard initial announcement of crystal changes I wouldn't do ANY more pulls of anything. But honestly? I'm kind of glad I just did 1/2 daily. Got a third Zidane. Means two more DW I can get. I'm down for that. Actually thinking after I get Dual Cast of going for another DW for Yun.

Alkez

/grumble about Ruler Rings being rough equivalents to a Bracer, right when one is ready to pop out of the TM oven.

Well you say that, but with the 300% stat boost cap it's nice to have both imo. It gives you options in the future.

leehom

Well, I told myself after we heard initial announcement of crystal changes I wouldn't do ANY more pulls of anything. Put honestly? I'm kind of glad I just did 1/2 daily. Got a third Zidane. Means two more DW I can get. I'm down for that. Actually thinking after I get Dual Cast of going for another DW for Yun.

Nice...I need two more zidanes.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Well you say that, but with the 300% stat boost cap it's nice to have both imo. It gives you options in the future.

GL doesn't have stacking, the base will be harder to reach for that.

Bracers are a bit better. More ATK, More HP.

But the Ruler Ring is basically 80-90% of it. For none of the grind.

Muku

I'm hoping crystal change can give me a fake Noctis. Though I'd be happy with a fake Lightning too.
The one I REALLY do not want is Donkey Kong Country. Srsly. What a waste of space.

So can someone help me with Leon's TM. Who's it good for? Since it doesn't apply to Excaliber, the best we can do is Enhancer. But TM+Enhancer is 10 less ATK than Excal alone.

Muku

Are Dark Knight Cecil and Delita the two most unwanted 5*?

I have Delita on my alt account. He's underwhelming. Though sadly is probably the best I have on there, with that said. I would be happy to have him on my main, but it wouldn't be the most exciting 5* ever. For me at that point would be just adding to the collection.

evangd007

The chances of getting a desired blue wont change at all, there will be the same lanis, shadows, galufs, etc.

Now, in the gold section, the amount of trolls garnets will increase greatly

And in rainbow, the amount of trolls Aces and DKC will go up for sure.

Prepare for excitement Dissapointon.

Given the fact that rainbows can contain Galuf and Duane, I'll gladly be trolled by Ace.

Muku

On my main, I wouldn't consider Ace a troll. I mean, he's not exactly what I'm looking for, but you know I won't turn down a mage either. I lack good mages there. Plus I didn't get him during his banner. (Have him on alt though.)

tuffymon

Luneth, Gilgamesh, Lightning can all make good use of Leon's Tm.

@evangd007 after Thursday say goodbye to troll rainbows. Ace, Delita and DKC are the bottom of the base 5 stars that people hope to not pull~

In memoriam for the death of Troll Rainbows, how many have you guys historically pulled?

Out of 12 rainbows, I'm pretty sure I got:

Gilbert
Kefka
WoL

Only a 25% troll chance. Considering the expected trollcentage is 50% ... Lyrian, help. What metric do we use to measure expected vs. actual value?

Of the 5* I have,
Lightning
Luneth
Dark Fina
Ramza

I absolutely want Noctis and Marie. Those are the two most useful for my squad. Any other 5* base would be welcome although I'm not exactly dying to get the others. As a (almost)f2p non TM grinder lighting and luneths inherent dual wield has carried me far, but I can see the times are changing.

Of the 5* I have,
Lightning
Luneth
Dark Fina
Ramza

I absolutely want Noctis and Marie. Those are the two most useful for my squad. Any other 5* base would be welcome although I'm not exactly dying to get the others. As a (almost)f2p non TM grinder lighting and luneths inherent dual wield has carried me far, but I can see the times are changing.

Marie would be the most useful for me, but I want Dark Fina because story unit.

Luneth, for one. And that Delita Moonblade.

And Randi's Mana Blade, for those without Moonblade. It's like a budget Moonblade, but without the Dark element. The lack of decent swords is kind of surprising.

In memoriam for the death of Troll Rainbows, how many have you guys historically pulled?

Gilbert
Kefka
WoL

Only a 25% troll chance. Considering the expected trollcentage is 50% ... Lyrian, help. What metric do we use to measure expected vs. actual value?

Out of 5 rainbows I had one troll, Agrias.

Muku

The Rainbows I can recall pulling:

- Garland
- Kuja
- Luneth
- Noel
- Ingus
- Yun

Garland and Kuja were my first two pulls ever. And that was at start of the game. (Before I knew about rerolling, how awesome Rainbows were, etc.) This was what? In July I believe. They were great to have to start the game off. This is why I enjoy both. I'd love for Garland's update to come so I can use him again, and Kuja to get love, but FF9. I used them both for a long time.

Luneth was first morning of banner. Used 7 or 8 tickets and he popped out. Wasn't even looking for him or expecting him, but glad I got him when I did.

Noel was an accident. So used to doing dailies when I wasn't thrilled with the Christmas banner. Daily became a Noel. I maxed him out but ... I haven't really used tanks in a while. Sadly I had JUST gotten Charlotte capped to act as my secondary tank if I needed one. So I have Leo, Cecil, Charlotte, and Noel all in the wind should I need. But think Cecil and Noel will be my main tanks.

Chinese New Year! I wanted Ling pretty bad. Yun I thought was cool but I wasn't pulling that morning for him. I wanted Ling.... which by the way I never got. -_-; Troll golds abound, but no banner Gold. Anyway, do daily and Rainbow!!! Sweet! But I knew it was going to be a troll because reasons. Open it up and MFing Ingus. I was so damn pissed. I knew I would be trolled but fucking hell. After a few moments decide to do a few ticket pulls. One of them pops out to be Yun! I stopped right there. Still pissed I never got Ling though.

So Exvius GAF, I'm thinking of seriously stocking up on lapis for the whole year. On the board in game it states Amazon coin spenders will get 15% of coins back from in game purchases during an upcoming promotion. I checked out the Amazon coin situation and the best deal gets you a 25% saving from spending $500 which equals spending $375. That's a fuck ton of lapis.

My question, if I do the deed does this make me a whale?????? :(

Chinner

Banned
So Exvius GAF, I'm thinking of seriously stocking up on lapis for the whole year. On the board in game it states Amazon coin spenders will get 15% of coins back from in game purchases during an upcoming promotion. I checked out the Amazon coin situation and the best deal gets you a 25% saving from spending $500 which equals spending $375. That's a fuck ton of lapis.

Makes you a dolphin, or maybe a very large fish.

Gilbert
Kefka
WoL

WoL...Garland...Lenna...Galuf..Artemios....Celes and Golbez. Oh and a Hayate forgot about that one. So 8 trolls.

Syntsui

A true whale doesn't stop until it gets what it wants, so maybe.

Chinner

Banned

Gilbert
Kefka
WoL

My rainbow history goes as following:

Garnet (before there were 5* bases)
Dracu Lasswell
Noctis
Luneth

I count myself relatively lucky, as I never encountered a troll rainbow.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Since launch, 3.

First was Luneth Banner -> Luneth
Next was Noctis Banner -> Noctis
Last was Yun Banner -> Chizuru

I'll take my giant chicken please.

If you have to ask if you are a whale or not. You're not a whale. You're not even a dolphin

Alkez

Rainbow history is as follows:

Noctis Banner - Ramza

That's it lol.

GL doesn't have stacking, the base will be harder to reach for that.

Bracers are a bit better. More ATK, More HP.

But the Ruler Ring is basically 80-90% of it. For none of the grind.

Characters who can use multiple weapons types will be able to hit the cap even without stacking.

On top of that it's nice to have for doublehanders.

Wazzy

Banned
My rainbows have only been Ramza, Luneth and Snow all of which I'm very happy with. Ramza was from rerolling since that's when I first started this game and really wanted him.

I just cleared the two headed dragon. Fun fight if you don't go in blasting magic and abilities for a nice debuff and KO lol that Grand Helm is going towards my Cecil which should be a nice DEF boost.

Hows the 9 battle fight? I want to try it for the Demon Mail.

AsakuraZ

So still fairly new to the game, maybe only a week or two of play, but what does the new summon optimization mean? It shows that you will only get five stars from rainbow, 4 stars from gold,etc. Isn't that how it always been or am I missing something?

Celegus

My 3 were Noctis Yun and Marie, been getting lucky lately! Playing since launch, and my first base 4 was Rosa on the DKC banner.

So still fairly new to the game, maybe only a week or two of play, but what does the new summon optimization mean? It shows that you will only get five stars from rainbow, 4 stars from gold,etc. Isn't that how it always been or am I missing something?

Right now if you get a gold crystal it can be any 4* capable unit not just 4* base, and rainbow is the same, but 5*. So on Thursday only 4* base from gold and 5* from rainbow.

Wazzy

Banned
Since there's a lot of units that can be awakened to 5* you had a chance to pull their 5* form over their lower ones. The update is changing that so only base 5* units can be pulled from rainbows, 4* base from yellow and the rest blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom