• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Curious how many trophies will be needed for the new rings. Just finished the friend point one recently, but I'm missing a lot of the crafting and item usage ones.

I was just asking when the rings were coming to the game the other day. Glad they're finally here. You need 40, 50, 60, and 70 trophies to get the rings. I have over 60 completed so I'll get all the viable ones upon the update which is awesome. I cba with Exceed rings. Way too much effort.

Holy crap I'm so hyped up for all the QOL changes. Not sure if I'll like the Vortex button in the main window though?

I was really hoping they would leave out that update lol. Looks ugly imo.

Nikokuno

After 9 months of playing amount of slots (265) is not a problem. But you are right that issue is still there, for me the problem comes from having gazillion 3* & 4* units that are "Good TM" but I don't have time to do their TM :p
So I have 14 Jumbos in inventory and shitton of units, thus Iam sitting at 255/265 now.

Everything leads to lazy slot management:
For example having 5 Penelos (one is at 75%, 4 are at 0%). 3 Garlands at 0% and so on. Also I have 5 Shantottos, 4 are at 100% and one is at 85%. 2 Zidanes at 100%, 3 Chorizos (one maxed 5*) at 100%.

Yeah I have 5 Jidane, 5 Xiao, 3 Bartz, 3 Vaan, etc... it's even worse for newcomers

Been a few days since I pulled anything and decided to do a half pull. Shit folks, I can't believe my luck here.

Nice!

Xion86

Now THAT'S what you call an update!!! :eek:
Cannot wait for this :)

Also, Odin is one of my favourite summons from Final Fantasy, really looking forward to unleashing him to see what his animation looks like (not checked anywhere else yet).

Valentus

One day, I will pull a rainbow.

I hope Olives banner is next week, she seems beefy. I will definitely wait to use my free 11 pull until shes in the pool.

A brother can dream.

So why is the FFIV healer better than Refia on Altema? The kit seems basically the same except Refia has full raise and Y'sthola has offensive capabilities. To my basic brain, Refia seems far more useful. Granted Y'shtola has innate DC, but, I thought Altema considers TMs in their rankings.

1.- Her LB is damage mitigation. 30% damage mitigation. That means that AFTER (if damage mitigation is like BF, then it should be like that) total damage is calculated (after DEF, resistances, etc) that final damage is reduced in 30%.

2.- Refia has Full life, but Y'Shtola has Full heal, so if you have a competent tank that can resist a full round of provoke, you can full heal that tank to keep rolling.

3.- Y'Shtola has Aeroga, Stonga and Holy, that can be dualcasted.

4.- Y'Shtola can buff herself +200% MAG. What does that mean?

Base INT: 148
+200% MAG: 296
2 Mateus Malice: 258
Marie's Robes: 45
Creepy Mask: 30
Vanille's TM: 44,4
Genji Glove: 14,8
Dark Fina's TM: 74
3 x MAG+30: 133,2
Ramuh Esper: 60

Total MAG: 1103,4

Now Y'Shtola is a free unit, imagine you will blessed in drawing 2 or 3 in FFXIV event. You can even make a party of 5 Y'Shtola. 3 attacking with 700+ MAG, one healing with double curaja, and the other one buffing with Protectga, Shellga, esuna, and revive.

....Yeah, thats why.

Edit: A party of 5 Y'Shtola is too suicidal. Better 4 Y'Shtola and 2 Tanks :D

Syntsui

The new rates should make this gacha on par with Record Keeper and barely worse than Fire Emblem as far as the best prize is concerned. If they don't fuck up with the future events I might actually get interested again.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So with this free 11 pull, here's what I'm dreaming about / here's who I still really want if not necessarily need:

-- Luneth
-- Gilgamesh
-- Dark Fina
-- Snow

Otherwise I'm only really hoping for missing TMs (Snow's especially since I want to max out my Yun). Who's left on your most-wanted-but-don't-have-yet list?

Valentus

So with this free 11 pull, here's what I'm dreaming about / here's who I still really want if not necessarily need:

-- Luneth
-- Gilgamesh
-- Dark Fina
-- Snow

Otherwise I'm only really hoping for missing TMs (Snow's especially since I want to max out my Yun). Who's left on your most-wanted-but-don't-have-yet list?

DELITAAAAAAAAAAA :(

Also, im really hyped for Y'Shtola.

c-murph

Daily pull: Sazh.
Free Ticket: Kefka No.7.

Need more Firion...

Do I really need to do a 11 pull to get him...?

Firion isn't that great right, guys?

-- Luneth
-- Gilgamesh
-- Dark Fina
-- Snow

Just Gilgamesh. Only unit I'm missing outside of Ace whom I don't need.

Syntsui

-- Luneth
-- Gilgamesh
-- Dark Fina
-- Snow

I would say Dark Fina, but I'd rather pull her naked version that should come soon enough.

Oh, and I absolutely need at least 3 Ramza. May the RNG gods have mercy on me.

bonkeng

-- Luneth
-- Gilgamesh
-- Dark Fina
-- Snow

Hmm, i don't really need any of the released unit right now. But if I get a rainbow in that free 10+1 pull, I'd want a dupe Greg. Genji Gloves is just too good over any other 5* units.

across

-- Luneth
-- Gilgamesh
-- Dark Fina
-- Snow

I'm not particularly excited about the 10+1 - I have all the 3* and 4* bases in the quantities I would ever TM them in. I'm looking at it as a batch of 5% Trust Moogles.

Gilgamesh or Dark Fina would be great... any 5* base would be great, really. But I'm keeping my expectations low.

I think it's a great thing for newer players though, so I'm very happy they're giving it out.

edit: Actually, I want Dark Knight Cecil. I don't care that he's trash, I want to have him around to mess with when Enhancements go live.

wow this new change is going to be awesome. Can´t wait.

a free 10+1 pull too....holy moly. I wish for
Luneth.
Lightning.
Noctis.
Luka.
Marie.
Ling.
Gilgamesh.

-- Luneth
-- Gilgamesh
-- Dark Fina
-- Snow

Trust me, Id love to pull a rainbow on this free 10+1!!

I hope I hope. Good luck to all of ExviusGAF when the time comes!

Alkez

In terms of rainbows I would really like Marie or Dark Fina. If the new unit is in the pool then maybe her as well. DKC would be nice for his TM.

For yellows Gaff, Snow, and WoL would be very much appreciated.

Prototype

Firion #2 on daily.

I'm hoping for some of the following from the free 11 pulls - Celes, Kain, Dark Knight Cecil, Gilgamesh, Ramza, Locke, lightning.

Lyrian

Olive is added permanently to the pool?
You are right, prolly way more than 1% since there is 11 pulls and not just one.

Looks like it. She is pictured on the Free 11 pull banner as a possible unit draw. Meh, as expected, at being a generic Rare Summon draw.

Do we know the ingredients for the new rings?

And I give this update a 5% chance of actually finishing on time.

Credit Reddit, as usual: Link to someone who had far too much time on their hands today

Bah, at the rings coming out before I reached 70 trophies (not like I was going to be able to craft one of those anyway. Still would have liked to check that off my list before it happened though). Plenty of time still reach that mark though while I wait for all of my rings to upgrade and NOT give me those insanely rare side components for the Ring of Dominion. Guess thist should get me off my ass to finish out the last two trophies I need.

/grumble about Ruler Rings being rough equivalents to a Bracer, right when one is ready to pop out of the TM oven.

Black Cowl finished early though overnight. Way overdue to finally reach the 700 club as well. :)

Love the disclaimer about rainbow crystals not guaranteeing Noctis, although he is shown in every rainbow crystal on all the news feeds :)

BUT, BUT.... I DEMAND MY SIX STAR TERRA. SHE WAS CLEARLY SHOWN WITH SIX STARS IN THE NEWS POST. COMPENSATION PLZ.

Some of you really really need to put your hopes in check.

I don't know if some of you guys haven't been playing for a long time, but rainbows are rare as fuck.

Over the course of the entire games existence I've pulled 5 rainbow crystals. We're talking hundreds and hundreds of pulls. Maybe a thousand? I can't tell. I don't know exactly how many but getting a rainbow is definitely around a 1% chance.

jnWake

Some of you really really need to put your hopes in check.

I don't know if some of you guys haven't been playing for a long time, but rainbows are rare as fuck.

Over the course of the entire games existence I've pulled 5 rainbow crystals. We're talking hundreds and hundreds of pulls. Maybe a thousand? I can't tell. I don't know exactly how many but getting a rainbow is definitely around a 1% chance.

Unless my math on the earlier page was wrong, getting a rainbow in a 11 pull has a 14% chance which isn't that low really. There should be a fair amount of rainbows in GAF next week.

Syntsui

Unless my math on the earlier page was wrong, getting a rainbow in a 11 pull has a 14% chance which isn't that low really. There should be a fair amount of rainbows in GAF next week.
It's 1% from a raw 11 pull with 5% chance of the first unit turning into rainbow considering everything we know so far. This is the most educate guess anyone can make, thanks to reddit data.

Where the hell did this 14% come from?

Azuran

Banned

-- Luneth
-- Gilgamesh
-- Dark Fina
-- Snow

Gilgamesh and Ramza mostly because of their TMs, Luneth because I like Luneth and it pains me that I don't have him, and Dark Fina because I want to have all of the story characters.

I also would be fine with another Chizuru for TM.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Player choice will be exactly what I said first. Noctis, Chizuru, Zid. Second choices would be Agrias and Cecil/or Miyuki

jnWake

It's 1% from a raw 11 pull with 5% chance of the first unit turning into rainbow considering everything we know so far. This is the most educate guess anyone can make, thanks to reddit data.

Where the hell did this 14% come from?

If 1st crystal has 5% chance of being rainbow and the other 10 have 1% chance of being rainbow then the chance of getting a rainbow is

1 - (0.95)*(0.99)^10 = 14%

That's where the "hell" the number comes from.

RedZaraki

Banned
To put that in perspective,

Stealing the Genji gear from Elmdore in FFT has a roughly 5-6% chance of success per attempt usually, unless you lower his Brave or Evasion or put him to sleep or other methods.

Pretty damn low. This is in the ballpark of that.

Not impossible, but pretty darn rare.

Valentus

The chances of getting a desired blue wont change at all, there will be the same lanis, shadows, galufs, etc.

Now, in the gold section, the amount of trolls garnets will increase greatly

And in rainbow, the amount of trolls Aces and DKC will go up for sure.

Prepare for excitement Dissapointon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom