• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to play it. It's the only game in the series I haven't played/beat. I'll preorder it day1 if it gets rereleased for the Ps4 or even if it's a steam release. I am not buying a $70-100~ used console, to get a $20~ game to play it. I'm holding out hope... I've purposefully not watched Let's Play's or Vatvidyaa (or however it's spelt) of Demon Souls so I can be surprised by it... one day.

Seriously, it's totally worth it.

I'm saying that you go ahead and buy them. But in case you did, it'll be worth the price.

Broseybrose

Before there was Dark Souls, there was Demon's Souls and it took over your soul with its magic.

I remember me and everyone I knew playing the game were so fascinated by what we were playing, having never played a game that atmospheric, unforgiving, and mystifying before.

Literal Game of the Forever!

It seems like lot of us were really into both games. But its funny how different FFBE is. Its a android game that I mostly play emulated on PC. Thats a new thing for me.

@Silaru 350 186 594 if we're adding. I have a few open slots. Have GAF in name or msg!

@Everyone else I got you!

Silraru

Added in; that's all the slots I have at the moment.

Do you need Nichol up for the Zoldaad achievement, or would you rather me put my Elza back up, as normal?

No clue what that achievement is. Is it story related? If so, not that far yet.

I thought we had added each other ages ago. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Send me an add, if you can. It says you are full again.

176 560 599

If there is anyone else without me on their list, send an invite too!

Sent you an invite. :)

mstevens

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to play it. It's the only game in the series I haven't played/beat. I'll preorder it day1 if it gets rereleased for the Ps4 or even if it's a steam release. I am not buying a $70-100~ used console, to get a $20~ game to play it. I'm holding out hope... I've purposefully not watched Let's Play's or Vatvidyaa (or however it's spelt) of Demon Souls so I can be surprised by it... one day.

I bought a PS3 to play Demon's and Dark Souls last year and it was totally worth it. I think Demon's has the best atmosphere and NPCs in the series.

I actually found FE Fates and Dark Souls 3 extremely disappointing sadly. FE Awakening was one of my favorite 3DS games, but Fates just didn't do it for me. I was really hyped for Dark Souls 3 as well, since Demon's / Dark / Dark 2/ Bloodborne were all my favorite games of their respective years, and has become one of my all time favorites series. But DS3 just fell completely flat to me, first one I haven't platinum'd and only made it 1/4 of the way through NG+. Not even exactly sure why, just never got super into it like the others.

Agreed on DS3. I found 2 to even be a much better game and most people hate it. The Souls series are my games of the forever. Platinums on all except 3 and I even did it twice with 2. Will do it again for DS and DEs if they remaster those as well. 3 for some reason though I felt they tried too hard to connect it to the original. Oh well I plan to replay it when the final DLC comes out.

tuffymon

Agreed on DS3. I found 2 to even be a much better game and most people hate it. The Souls series are my games of the forever. Platinums on all except 3 and I even did it twice with 2. Will do it again for DS and DEs if they remaster those as well. 3 for some reason though I felt they tried too hard to connect it to the original. Oh well I plan to replay it when the final DLC comes out.

I enjoyed all of them. I felt that that gear had a little of an imbalance on builds in the last two... a LOT more melee gear and accessories in 2, and 3 was more focused on mages.

Prototype

Pull of the day was Leon #2 pretty happy about that, more than I could have asked for.

Also holy moly, the enchanted maze is amazing! Noctis almost lvl100, Cecil needs like 4 more mats to awaken to 6* and just awoke Exdeath to 5* , it's gonna be a good weekend : )
Feel like I'm finally firing on all cylinders

Xion86

Love Demon's Souls <3

Anyway, today's Daily pull was Clyne...meh. I'm resisting using more tickets or doing a second 11 pull this banner. Think I'll be TM farming for today. I've decided I'll now clear up a lot of dupe units I have, by farming 4 at a time. Started with Bartz (which is quite fitting as I'm currently playing through Final Fantasy V for the first time :)).

Valentus

Now when you chose a right door in enchanted maze, a little animation of a portal opening occurs.

If you chose a wrong door, nothing happens and you just Cross the door to the Dead end.

Just a little nice touch now to crush your dreams.

Alkez

Never played the souls games. I respect them but they were a little slow for my liking. But Bloodborne was exactly what I was looking for. I know some souls purists don't like that game but I absolutely loved it. Still think it's top 5 PS4 games.

Never played the souls games. I respect them but they were a little slow for my liking. But Bloodborne was exactly what I was looking for. I know some souls purists don't like that game but I absolutely loved it. Still think it's top 5 PS4 games.

It's my 2nd favorite "Souls" game after the original Dark Souls. Outside of Demons and Dark remasters the thing I want most is a BB 2.

Celegus

Whooaaaa another fan of DS2! That's my favorite Souls game, but tied with Bloodborne. The improvements over DS1 were just what I wanted, and the areas to explore were so amazing and memorable. I think that was my biggest dislike of DS3... even right when I beat it, I couldn't remember 75% of the areas already.

Daily Gold hype! Gaffgarion... not the worst, but I'm 1/6 on Shines in gold crystals.

Daily was Shera (my 5th). Guess that'll make his TM easy farming later.

Mostly just running the maze for the foreseeable future since I have Luka, Marie, and WoL to max out. Great way to stock up on 6* mats and sacred crystals as well.

aww snap we got souls fans in here?

I LOVE every game in the series

From has just to strike out since they made the one that started it all in Demon Souls

aww snap we got souls fans in here?

I LOVE every game in the series

From has just to strike out since they made the one that started it all in Demon Souls
I love the series.

I did the OTs for Demons and Dark Souls. Demons was almost 11 years ago now. Wow.

Though Bloodborne is now tied with Demon's souls as my favorite.

I love the series.

I did the OTs for Demons and Dark Souls. Demons was almost 11 years ago now. Wow.

Bloodborne is definitely my favorite but its such a close race

Demons, Dark1, and Dark 3 all sight right up there with it

And hell I still love Dark Souls 2. Its actually grown on me over the years after replays

Bloodborne is definitely my favorite but its such a close race

Demons, Dark1, and Dark 3 all sight right up there with it

And hell I still love Dark Souls 2. Its actually grown on me over the years after replays
DS2 is one I couldn't get into when it released. With Scholar a thing, I will revisit it eventually. Bloodborne seriously just took the formula and perfected it I think. Demon's feels like a King's Field game which I love.

I remember the OT for Demons just blowing up. I made it or the import version and it was a great time sharing tips, hints, alongside building the original wiki with some dudes from Something Awful.

DS2 is one I couldn't get into when it released. With Scholar a thing, I will revisit it eventually. Bloodborne seriously just took the formula and perfected it I think. Demon's feels like a King's Field game which I love.

I remember the OT for Demons just blowing up. I made it or the import version and it was a great time sharing tips, hints, alongside building the original wiki with some dudes from Something Awful.

Oh man a King's Field shoutout! My man! I thought I was the only human left that enjoyed them.

Pejo

Whoah whoah...what the hell?

Materials stack to 199 now per stack instead of 99. This is HUGE for me. This 2.0 update just keeps on giving.

Doctor_No

I love the series.

I remember that thread (Demon's Soul one). I bought the Asian version on release, and I remember how so many people just didn't like the game initially and how negative the initial impressions were. Its amazing to see how big that game had gotten.

I remember that thread (Demon's Soul one). I bought the Asian version on release, and I remember how so many people just didn't like the game initially and how negative the initial impressions were. Its amazing to see how big that game had gotten.

I remember you from the thread! Lots of input in there. But yea, before the game came out the impressions were negative, and it took a bit for some people to get into it. I'm so glad I imported that game, it was like fate! Great thread, great times.

Oh man a King's Field shoutout! My man! I thought I was the only human left that enjoyed them.

One of my favorites, especially IV! I would love a new From King's Field game. imagine that...

Anyway, going to do some TM farming today. I am so lagging behind everyone.

Andvary

I think the end of the maze has fixed enemies now, the left side has a gigantuar and the right side has the green mini cactuars.

leehom

It was thanks to NeoGaf that I discovered Demon Souls.I clicked on the thread and saw gifs and read impressions of the game and knew I had to have it. Ordered the asia or jpn ver, don't remember. Playing the game for the first time sent chills down my back and it felt so surreal. Was ecstatic they released it here in the West so more people could enjoy it.

Zalasta

It's good that all of the megacrysts have use now with the new rings, but it would've been nicer if they didn't use fire or ice because they are such a bottleneck for hero's already.

Last two days pulled Shine from daily. Nice change since I went empty handed in the previous banner.

tuffymon

It's good that all of the megacrysts have use now with the new rings, but it would've been nicer if they didn't use fire or ice because they are such a bottleneck for hero's already.

Wish I had realized this as well. I didn't think that the rings had overlap... I'd have farmed more of the two types. Oh well, goals to work on eventually~

Celegus

Wish I had realized this as well. I didn't think that the rings had overlap... I'd have farmed more of the two types. Oh well, goals to work on eventually~

Same here. I thought the others would need other megacrysts, so I always made as many hero rings as I could. I have a dozen, but can't upgrade them to the good ring! Looks like light is the next bottleneck, but I'm sure we're all swimming in earth, wind, dark, etc

I really don't know what to do about Light Megacrysts either. It doesn't help that I'm just not in the mood to run explorations atm. I spent all my light megacrysts making 15% hp materia awhile ago.

I really don't know what to do about Light Megacrysts either. It doesn't help that I'm just not in the mood to run explorations atm. I spent all my light megacrysts making 15% hp materia awhile ago.

Fire shrine

Grab some charm bangles and set up diabolos and run the 4 nodes of fire shrine

Its drops 1-2 or more of every megacryst at high rates. Its not the fastest shrine to farm but I consistently get megas

Lyrian

No clue what that achievement is. Is it story related? If so, not that far yet.

It's an annoying mission achievement in the latest story release.

Swapped him back out for the usual friend helper. Always can put Nichol back up if needed at a future point.

--------

Nearly platinumed Demon's Souls back in the day. Got everything except that one stupid shining gem or whatever it was that you could only get from one specific enemy in the entire game on pitch black tendancy with like a 1% drop rate per dungeon run. RNG hated me on that. One of the very few times I've ever given up on anything like that.

Have DS 1 and 2, but haven't had the time to play either of them and still sit in the eternal backlog.

First Ruler Ring out of the oven, so tasty. Still short on Fire megas though for another. Meh. Shouldn't have burnt all of my megas from the LNY event into Hero Rings already. Now, I have to actually motivate myself to run explorations when the maze is up. Double meh.

Light Megas are obtained in good quantities (RNG will vary result as always) from the Orphanage or the Invincible in Zoldaad. Or you can try your luck in the giant slot machine known as the Fire Shrine.

tuffymon

If anyone was curious as to the definitive answer on Dark Knight Soul... they don't stack, it's grayed out. Oh well, I have more than one unit that can take advantage of it anyhow, and if it ever changes... that's an easy swap.

leehom

Just tried the reddit nox macro and it's amazing, except we can't run it 24/7 to burn the energy gained 1:1 and it requires a companion. Any fix to this? I've tried setting up my own macros, but with Olive on my TM, she messes it up every time. Maybe I'll try it again, but its been wonky the past four.

Alkez

If anyone was curious as to the definitive answer on Dark Knight Soul... they don't stack, it's grayed out. Oh well, I have more than one unit that can take advantage of it anyhow, and if it ever changes... that's an easy swap.

Thanks for the confirmation. I want to say it sucks but part of me feels it might be more healthy for the game this way.

robotuw

Got done with the new story, and got myself a maxed 2* Odin. It's so nice to have another physical-oriented esper, and bladeblitz means Noctis can kill fools with a lot less mp than his flasks.

----

I'm also a major souls fan. I read I think one of the first English previews of it and was super excited to try it out when it finally released in NA. I had to borrow my roommate's PS3 and play it when he was out but I fell in love with that game almost instantly. I bought my own PS3 later to replay it, got all of the subsequent games on release, and got a PS4 mostly just to play Bloodborne. I'm so happy those games are now turning into their own genre and have had such a big influence on other designers.

Nirran

Been a bit. but with all the changes in 2.0 I came back after getting burned with so many troll rainbows. I did get lucky with the last couple banners pulling Yun, 2x Randis, and Emperor with tickets/daily. Lost a portion of my friends list not really laying though so could use some more if anyone has space. 293.908.750 is mine. Use a decent Elza. It's good to be back though!

I rerolled, gave up an elza, Ramza, CoD, exdeath and myriad other good characters (and I PAaaaaaaaaid on this account). It's tied to my real Facebook so, if I wanted it I could get it.

In the reroll I got olive and delita (both new), chiz (had), agrias (had), shine (new) and then I just pulled a marie(new) using tickets from story.

Ridiculous, still no Zidane, but I want to roll with this account and see what happens. No real healer, and no real tank, but DPS and status seem handled.

Been a bit. but with all the changes in 2.0 I came back after getting burned with so many troll rainbows. I did get lucky with the last couple banners pulling Yun, 2x Randis, and Emperor with tickets/daily. Lost a portion of my friends list not really laying though so could use some more if anyone has space. 293.908.750 is mine. Use a decent Elza. It's good to be back though!

Damn, 2x Randi! That's luck.

Sending a request over your way.

I rerolled, gave up an elza, Ramza, CoD, exdeath and myriad other good characters (and I PAaaaaaaaaid on this account). It's tied to my real Facebook so, if I wanted it I could get it.

In the reroll I got olive and delita (both new), chiz (had), agrias (had), shine (new) and then I just pulled a marie(new) using tickets from story.

Ridiculous, still no Zidane, but I want to roll with this account and see what happens. No real healer, and no real tank, but DPS and status seem handled.

Don't see Delita all that often, that's a great re-roll. How long did that take you? My re-roll luck is shit.

Coppanuva

Ran the maze a few times and got my olive up to 44 for right now, which isn't too bad... sticking to TM grinding for a while though, about 30% away from my first Dual Wield which is exciting. Debating if I wanna use the ~15% in moogles coming soon (end of month 10% and 5% from arena rank) on Olive or if I want to speedline a second of my 3-planned Dual Wields...

Celegus

Thanks for the confirmation. I want to say it sucks but part of me feels it might be more healthy for the game this way.

Oh I much prefer it this way. If stuff like that stacked, that's way more TMs we'd want to have and more pressure to pull for more when they're on banner (like Leon was). Really smart choice to get rid of that from the JP version.

Valentus

Thanks for the video, Valentus. It gave me some ideas about what to do with her so I added her to my leveling group. Gonna get Primm built up first, then work on her.

Glad It was useful to you. Its really fun doing this stuff. Really glad It is also useful to Someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom