• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehom

Cleaned out 4 spots for Gaffers, if they need him.

826 124 838

Sent, thanks! My shared unit is Elza. Noticed a friend on my list named Merkyor who is rank 126 quit almost a month ago. His message is, "Bye all!, Too much time/money :(" That sucks! I'm still using his shared Gilgamesh with about 880 atk.

Lyrian

Sent, thanks! My shared unit is Elza. Noticed a friend on my list named Merkyor who is rank 126 quit almost a month ago. His message is, "Bye all!, Too much time/money :(" That sucks! I'm still using his shared Gilgamesh with about 880 atk.

Added. At least your friend's unit will still be helpful for a good while still and they don't time out just because they haven't logged in for months. So, that's a plus, I suppose.

And first DKS done! TM team is now: lonesome Shine, Dark Fina, Randi, Marie, and Olive.

Back-benchers are 5x Butz (for DH) and then Yun, Snow, Snow, Karl, Karl.

I need the maze so I can level these guys. Plus Jake.

Alkez

826 124 838

Good thing I decided to check the thread lol. Don't know how I haven't had you this whole time. Sent you an invite if you have any spaces left.

And congrats AD on the Marie pull :)

leehom

Added. At least your friend's unit will still be helpful for a good while still and they don't time out just because they haven't logged in for months. So, that's a plus, I suppose.

I was cycling through select companions waiting for your Nichol and after 4-5 runs in Earth Shrine I realized I had it set to 6* only. Changed it to 5* only and after another 2-3 runs finally ran into your Nichol. Thanks again!!

Btw, did anyone else notice items stack to 199 instead of 99 now?? Loving this update!

So if my math is right I should have an 1100+ Olive and 900+ Dark Fina in about a week. Good times. Love me some TMs.

How are you gearing yours? Also, I was just thinking about ideal party composition. I've basically run Noct, Greg, Luneth, Lightning, Refia consistently for the past few months.

I'm wondering who, if anyone, to bench for Olive, Dark Fina, or even Yun.

How are you gearing yours? Also, I was just thinking about ideal party composition. I've basically run Noct, Greg, Luneth, Lightning, Refia consistently for the past few months.

I'm wondering who, if anyone, to bench for Olive, Dark Fina, or even Yun.

Olive? Sparky, black cowl, Brave suit, bracer x2, Doublehand and 2 Quick Assault And PoC on Odin with max pots.

leehom

What TMs would you guys say are "Moogle-worthy"?

Because I have a few and it feels like the "too good to use" type of item.

Used mines on Dual Wield and Dual Cast. Currently hoarding all my TM moogles next time I get another Zidane.

If you don't have DW or DC, use it on a TM with a 120 atk weapon or 30% atk materia if you like.

Lyrian

Good thing I decided to check the thread lol. Don't know how I haven't had you this whole time. Sent you an invite if you have any spaces left.

Added.

2 spots left, if anyone needs that silly mission achievement that doesn't already have me on their friends list.

Lyrian

Used mines on Dual Wield and Dual Cast. Currently hoarding all my TM moogles next time I get another Zidane.

If you don't have DW or DC, use it on a TM with a 120 atk weapon or 30% atk materia if you like.

Pretty much this.

DW/DC if you don't already have one, otherwise save for a 5* base unit's TM because you'll likely never pull a dupe and generally speaking most 5* base TMs are rather good.

tuffymon

Yeah i dont have the units maxed in atk (i was using friends) but indeed gilga counting both hits could do more damage. Thats why i want to compare a full atk gilga with a full atk olive

I was like I have an 899 Gilgamesh... wait a friend's gilga >.>; scrolls back up... hey wait thats MY gilga <3. I'll be able to squeeze a little more attack out of him when my Shine is complete and Odin obtained... but sadly I don't have a Delita for that sweet Tm.

Visceir

DW, 2nd DW, 3rd DW... DC and units who have their best suited weapon as TM (Olive, Zidane, Eileen, Balthier), Setzer's Fixed Dice maybe.

I've got 100% TMs saved up and will probably just spread them over 3 - 4 units to cut the grind short by 1/3.

leehom

Woah, there's a batch exchange for arena medals now! Don't have to click on every single node to complete the set! They should've gave us 2.0 sooner!

mstevens

Psst... you're the one whose maxed out. I still have both slots open. Can't send you a request, as you are full.

Whoops :) Sent request

Used a ticket, hoping to pull Shine, got my first Shine!

I was afraid I was gonna miss her but at least I pulled one.

Ill keep pulling while the banner's still up in the hopes of getting more Shines or an Olive!

Already have 4 Sheras so Ive been fusing the ones I pull.

Cant say this banner hasnt been good to me as it gave me my first ever rainbow, and it was Noctis!

Congrats!

Broseybrose

Used a ticket, hoping to pull Shine, got my first Shine!

I was afraid I was gonna miss her but at least I pulled one.

Ill keep pulling while the banner's still up in the hopes of getting more Shines or an Olive!

Already have 4 Sheras so Ive been fusing the ones I pull.

Cant say this banner hasnt been good to me as it gave me my first ever rainbow, and it was Noctis!

Also 1st Luka, 1st Gaffgarion, more Snows, 2nd Mercedes, another Zidane and Ludmille.

So this banner has actually been GREAT!

Broseybrose

I'm about to start collecting and leveling the Espers. Is there an Esper I should prioritize over the others? Odin?

Theyre all important, but as far as prioritization goes, IMO:

Tier 1 - Odin and Ifrit
Tier 2 - Golem (for Provoke for your tank) and Diablos (for ManEater, Demon Killer)

Odin and Ifrit in that order are top priorities and after that it comes down to what abilities are the most useful to you. If your tank doesn't have provoke (WoL for instance) than Golem is a priority at least until you learn provoke off his grid. Carbuncle is a big priority IMO because of all the -ara skills you learn with her.

If you don't have a second physical dps'er, you could even consider getting those -ara skills before fully concentrating on Ifrit since they are super valuable for tough boss fights. We all have Ifrit maxed because he was the only good physical DPS esper until Odin but Odin lowers Ifrit's priority if you don't have a second DPS to take advantage of him.

Yeah at this point there are quite a few useful espers

Odin, Ifrit, Golem, Diabolos and Carbuncle are the most important

Followed by Shiva and Ramuh if you are building a mage heavy team

Odin - Top Tier DPS esper for physical

Ifrit - Second best Physical DPS but also has some magic skills

Golem - Mainly for tanks but has some decent all around stats

Diabolos - This esper has a nice balance of skills and killer abilities for DPS and an excellent Magic stat for mages. Probably the best esper for jack of all trades units and supplimentary slot fillers

Carby - The current best healer/support esper

Ramuh - Mage focused esper with the highest MAG bonus i think? Also a few other nice spells for your arensenal

Shiva - A somewhat more balanced esper stat wise though still more Mage focused. I suppose this esper is really good for Hybrid characters? Though Diabolos would be above her.

Siren - Aww... poor siren. Was the go to Esper for healers and the first esper you get. She mainly just tows the line till you can replace her

Off topic but If you have a PS4 not getting Horizon Zero Dawn would be a severe disservice. This game is amazing.

Back on topic, back to tm farming and daily pulling for Shines. Gumi pls!

EDarkness

Off topic but If you have a PS4 not getting Horizon Zero Dawn would be a severe disservice. This game is amazing.

Strangely enough I have no interest in that game at all. I really don't like the look of the main character and I hate stealth stuff. Might pick it up if it becomes cheap at some point.

H3xum

Short of the top top tier stuff like DW and Genji Gloves, I give my moogles to units I don't have multiples of or units that I have multiples of but I want multiple TMs, so there won't be any combining

Collectors edition already paid for. My body is ready! That game alone made me pass on a switch and Zelda for the time being.

Celegus

Strangely enough I have no interest in that game at all. I really don't like the look of the main character and I hate stealth stuff. Might pick it up if it becomes cheap at some point.

Same here, not really my style. Plus I have so much to play as it is, I can certainly wait.

Very excited for the maze to come back! Gonna try to level up Emperor, Marie, Firion and Chizuru #2 if possible.

Yeah after 2016 being the worst year in gaming since I can remember, this year has started nuts. Obviously this is largely due to games slated for last year being delayed until this year. I was interested in Horizon after the first E3 preview and it's great that it's receiving rave reviews. I'll probably pick it up after I finish Tales of Berseria and it can be my March game while I wait for Yooka-Laylee and probably Persona 5 to come out in April. Story of Seasons Trio of Town comes out on Tuesday too, yeesh!

Actually, I just realized it's mainly felt nuts because I played through Suikoden 1 and 2 just recently so it's been continual games after a stretch of not playing much besides FFBE for a while but in actuality, only two games that came out this year so far ha

tuffymon

I was interested in Horizon after the first E3 preview and it's great that it's receiving rave reviews. I'll probably pick it up after I finish Tales of Berseria and it can be my March game while I wait for Yooka-Laylee and probably Persona 5 to come out in April. Story of Seasons Trio of Town comes out on Tuesday too, yeesh!

I too am in the middle of Berseria. I have Horizons, P5, and FE echoes preordered... my body is ready for this year~

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I liked 2016, but hey, I barely play anything anymore. Got like to play 5 or 6 games I loved. Well I should say, most of what I play is either a year or two old when I get it. Or a few.

Lyrian

So glad I don't have a copy of Zelda preordered because it's going to be sold out everywhere for ages.

/sees one Wii U copy of the game on Friday on a shelf at a backwater Target store no one ever goes to

/fails willpower check

If there were 5 or 6 games I loved from last year I would feel differently about it. Mostly played older games but I loved my time with FF XV and Uncharted 4 was solid. Jury is still out on GoW 4 as I'm waiting for a friend to try it in Co-op.

In FFBE news, it's funny getting an alert about the new story missions after completing them all already haha Knocked out the final exploration from the new content today and all the new side quests I'd piled up. Had to look up how to get the letter to access the vault in Zoldaad though. It turns out I had most of the quest done but had to talk to an npc that didn't have a marker above her head to continue it... I'm back to nada to do with NRG so back to TM farming! If only there could be a macro smart enough to burn all your NRG until the last one and then switch over to zero NRG mode for the rest of the duration. As for the story, there were more areas that I expected there to be which was nice and I like the developments. Finally took out a certain bastard!

This reminds me, it's lame that the story units forced on you take up unit inventory space. They shouldn't count against the cap since you can't get rid of them!

826 124 838

I thought we had added each other ages ago. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Send me an add, if you can. It says you are full again.

176 560 599

If there is anyone else without me on their list, send an invite too!

Lyrian

I thought we had added each other ages ago. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Send me an add, if you can. It says you are full again.

176 560 599

If there is anyone else without me on their list, send an invite too!

Drudged up one more slot and sent an invite.

Swapped back out to Elza as the friend helper.

Celegus

If there were 5 or 6 games I loved from last year I would feel differently about it. Mostly played older games but I loved my time with FF XV and Uncharted 4 was solid. Jury is still out on GoW 4 as I'm waiting for a friend to try it in Co-op.

In FFBE news, it's funny getting an alert about the new story missions after completing them all already haha Knocked out the final exploration from the new content today and all the new side quests I'd piled up. Had to look up how to get the letter to access the vault in Zoldaad though. It turns out I had most of the quest done but had to talk to an npc that didn't have a marker above her head to continue it... I'm back to nada to do with NRG so back to TM farming! If only there could be a macro smart enough to burn all your NRG until the last one and then switch over to zero NRG mode for the rest of the duration. As for the story, there were more areas that I expected there to be which was nice and I like the developments. Finally took out a certain bastard!

This reminds me, it's lame that the story units forced on you take up unit inventory space. They shouldn't count against the cap since you can't get rid of them!
Heh yeah I tried putting a top 10 list of 2016 together but could really only come up with 5 or so. FFBE, FF Mobius, FF XV, Dragon Quest Builders, Overwatch... I have Tokyo Mirage Sessions and I'm about to start it now that I finished XV, but I think I'll like it.

I'm digging the story too, hope the next sections get some more reveals! The last part especially in this one was great.

tuffymon

Heh yeah I tried putting a top 10 list of 2016 together but could really only come up with 5 or so. FFBE, FF Mobius, FF XV, Dragon Quest Builders, Overwatch... I have Tokyo Mirage Sessions and I'm about to start it now that I finished XV, but I think I'll like it.

I'm digging the story too, hope the next sections get some more reveals! The last part especially in this one was great.

Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Second, 7th Dragon, Dark Souls 3, that's four more to the list~

Celegus

Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Second, 7th Dragon, Dark Souls 3, that's four more to the list~

I actually found FE Fates and Dark Souls 3 extremely disappointing sadly. FE Awakening was one of my favorite 3DS games, but Fates just didn't do it for me. I was really hyped for Dark Souls 3 as well, since Demon's / Dark / Dark 2/ Bloodborne were all my favorite games of their respective years, and has become one of my all time favorites series. But DS3 just fell completely flat to me, first one I haven't platinum'd and only made it 1/4 of the way through NG+. Not even exactly sure why, just never got super into it like the others.

Ken

rerolling for a friend

tickets got an olive

free 10 pull got...

tyF2jdh.png

tuffymon

I actually found FE Fates and Dark Souls 3 extremely disappointing sadly. FE Awakening was one of my favorite 3DS games, but Fates just didn't do it for me. I was really hyped for Dark Souls 3 as well, since Demon's / Dark / Dark 2/ Bloodborne were all my favorite games of their respective years, and has become one of my all time favorites series. But DS3 just fell completely flat to me, first one I haven't platinum'd and only made it 1/4 of the way through NG+. Not even exactly sure why, just never got super into it like the others.

We all like different stuff for sure :p As an example, I wouldn't have added Mobius to the list of awesome stuff from last year, and while excited for it, Star Ocean 5 was probably the biggest disappointment to me~ One day if Demon comes to Ps4 or elsewhere, I'll pick it up, I'm not buying a Ps3 just for it.

leehom

One day if Demon comes to Ps4 or elsewhere, I'll pick it up, I'm not buying a Ps3 just for it.

You're missing out. One of the best games last gen. I found a brand new ps3 super slim for $99 last year to complete my ps3 collection. I hope they do a remaster, I would love to play the game again. I think I have 3 copies of the game -___-

I originally purchased the Japanese version because we didn't know if it was coming to the states. Bought a copy when it was finally localized. Purchased a second copy because I wanted to play it and my other copies were at my parents home.

tuffymon

You're missing out. One of the best games last gen. I found a brand new ps3 super slim for $99 last year to complete my ps3 collection. I hope they do a remaster, I would love to play the game again. I think I have 3 copies of the game -___-

I originally purchased the Japanese version because we didn't know if it was coming to the states. Bought a copy when it was finally localized. Purchased a second copy because I wanted to play it and my other copies were at my parents home.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to play it. It's the only game in the series I haven't played/beat. I'll preorder it day1 if it gets rereleased for the Ps4 or even if it's a steam release. I am not buying a $70-100~ used console, to get a $20~ game to play it. I'm holding out hope... I've purposefully not watched Let's Play's or Vatvidyaa (or however it's spelt) of Demon Souls so I can be surprised by it... one day.

leehom

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to play it. It's the only game in the series I haven't played/beat. I'll preorder it day1 if it gets rereleased for the Ps4 or even if it's a steam release. I am not buying a $70-100~ used console, to get a $20~ game to play it.

Well, have you considered purchasing a used console and buying a used or new copy of the game. After completing the game, sell them both on craigslist and get your money back? Potential $10-$20 loss or gain, either way there's no big loss.

tuffymon

Well, have you considered purchasing a used console and buying a used or new copy of the game. After completing the game, sell them both on craigslist and get your money back? Potential $10-$20 loss or gain, either way there's no big loss.

That's not a bad idea, but I live in literally the middle of nowhere... sometimes I'm amazed I have internet :/ zip 73717 if you're curious on a google map...

To be somewhat on track, after seeing Shine's animation >.>; I feel like I need to stumble on an Ariana with 4 Shine's in the arena...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom