• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

2H Dragon Trial seems to be extremely buffed:

Just a heads up but me and other people have notice this fight has been severly buffed. I dont have datamined stats since I am not that tech savy but he has 1.3m health now. Damage he does has been doubled if not more and he takes what I am showing about 1/4 less damage then he used too.

With a decent team with some TM and nice equipment I am getting wrecked pretty hard. People with way better teams then me are seeing the same thing.
88 comentárioscompartilhar

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5iip5b/2headed_dragon_fight_buffed/

Shouta

That would suck if they do that. This would also make me hesitant on making pulls if they decide to start doing that to future characters

Noctis is unique because he's being released simultaneously and each version is in a different place at the moment. It won't happen with already released characters.

I'm really glad I took out the dragon on its first day of release. I'm actually fine with the general idea of the buff, as in theory these trials should be getting harder and harder to beat and the original form of the dragon was laughably easy.

That being said, it's kinda' shitty to put out the trial, find out that it's a cakewalk and then buff it without saying anything. I guarantee a lot of people wasted 35 NRG going into the fight hearing that it was pretty easy but saving it until they were done with the event only to find it's damn near impossible without a seriously beefed up team.

I think it would have been better to either announce the buff and/or just take note and make the next trial hit harder.

Syntsui

It just doesn't make any sense at all to nerf his TM if any character can equip it. Sasuke wouldn't be insta-broken, every character would. Just balance the fucking content around it.

Absolutely can't defend this measure.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
2- Headed Dragon is now "doable".

But...

It took my roided team over 60 minutes to clear it.

And...

You need to have Dualcast, preferably 2.

If you don't have TM's & Roided team. Don't bother.

Thanks for the impression....wow this is really messed up - dont know how i should feel about that :-/

This sucks alot because i really needed this Helm for my Tank.

Razmos

It just doesn't make any sense at all to nerf his TM if any character can equip it. Sasuke wouldn't be insta-broken, every character would. Just balance the fucking content around it.

Absolutely can't defend this measure.
Please don't. Look how heavy handed their "balancing" is with the 2 headed dragon buffs.

I can't believe a certain person in this thread saying the game needs more challenge lol, when we are getting ludicrously over buffed trial bosses

Menchi

Please don't. Look how heavy handed their "balancing" is with the 2 headed dragon buffs.

I can't believe a certain person in this thread saying the game needs more challenge lol, when we are getting ludicrously over buffed trial bosses

I'm hoping they just didn't understand how much it was buffed.

A 7k 450D DEF Cecil getting killed in one round is not a fair buff for it, at all

cw_sasuke

How much exp would you able to gain if you spend all your natural stamina on Maze for the next week (Worst-Case scanario) ?

I'm hoping they just didn't understand how much it was buffed.

A 7k 450D DEF Cecil getting killed in one round is not a fair buff for it, at all

Yeah...i dont even have Cecil and was going to run the Trial with Charlotte...they just killed every chance of me beating the stage lol.

cw_sasuke

What was the trial helm (Grand Helm) buff? It has the same DEF and resistances for me.

The Trial - as in the 2-headed dragon was buffed....he is way stronger now, not the Helmet.
Se yeah they screwed everyone over who still has to clear it.

Acerac

Banned
How much exp would you able to gain if you spend all your natural stamina on Maze for the next week (Worst-Case scanario) ?

Depends how lucky you are.

Personally I'm wondering how many Burst Pots I could get from it. Including the monthly award my Cecil will be past level 13, I want to see LB 15 before getting him to 6*.

cw_sasuke

Depends how lucky you are.

Personally I'm wondering how many Burst Pots I could get from it. Including the monthly award my Cecil will be past level 13, I want to see LB 15 before getting him to 6*.

Thats why i asked for the worst case scenario xD ...its been a while but remember at least one type of Cactuar always dropping. Or maybe i mixed it up with something else.

Razmos

I have 9000 lapis and 4 tickets ready for Noctis tomorrow, and I'm willing to buy some lapis for more pulls. Crossing my fingers!

Xion86

Crazy busy day at work then went to watch Rogue One after (first half was a bit dull but second half was brilliant!).

Fang for daily pull.

Currently just spending my NRG to finish off the story and get to the new quest :).
Good luck to everyone pulling tomorrow! I'll be sticking to Daily pulls, maybe using a few tickets but not all.

robotuw

I'd like to know how grindy it is too. I know it's absurdly expensive and we will have to choose carefully who we awaken.

Wait, awakening to 6* gets harder later? Is that like how some units require the special 5* awakening materials now?

Edit: Ah you were talking about enhancements. That makes more sense.

I think I spent over 3500 stamina trying to max Holy Explosion/GS Mastery for Agrias and Legend Killer/Fin Briar for Firion during the last story event. And I still didn't get enough of the 4th tier mats to finish Fin Briar. This is with me having some of the mats saved up as well.

I got a laugh when people were suggesting that Noctis would have enhancements as a way to "balance" him. There was no way that JP players would have put up with that lol

Wait, awakening to 6* gets harder later? Is that like how some units require the special 5* awakening materials now?
They are talking about ability enhancements that 6*s will get down the line. Those are extremely expensive and require grinding exclusive materials for.

Examples:

Firion's Fin Briar
- Base
180% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 25% DEF | 16 MP
- Enhanced Once
230% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 25% DEF | 16 MP | 500000 Gil + Mats
- Enhanced Twice
230% ST 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF | 16 MP | 500000 Gil + Mats

Rain's Ground Lava
- Base
180% ST 1 Hit Fire/Earth Physical Attack | 20 MP
- Enhanced Once
240% ST 1 Hit Fire/Earth Physical Attack | 20 MP | 120000 Gil + Mats
- Enhanced Twice
300% ST 1 Hit Fire/Earth Physical Attack | 20 MP | 120000 Gil + Mats

Chizuru's Pipe Dream
- Base
140% AoE 5 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF | 35 MP
- Enhanced Once
140% AoE 5 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF | 25 MP | 500000 Gil
- Enhanced Twice
200% AoE 5 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF | 25 MP | 500000 Gil

ZangBa

I was wondering why everyone said the trial was a joke and I could barely make a dent in him. Seems pretty unfair, but whatever.

CCIE

Banned
I guess I won't be doing any trials for awhile. 35 NRG to get your ass handed to you doesn't sound very awesome at all...

Shouta

Is it that hard to get awakenings material?

There's a daily dungeon for them but there are 3 different dungeons that each drop different types in them. So you aren't guaranteed to get the types you want to drop. There's also 5 tiers of rarity and the Lv 4 and Lv5 materials are really rare. It's grindy but not hard.

That guy had both Agrias at +2 Awakening. In addition, he had enough firepower to deal enough damage to the body of Aigaion to overcome the healing beam it casts every turn. The Healing Beam is 500,000 HP, lol. That requires an absurd amount of attack, in fact. So that guy is probably loaded up on TMs.

My 720 attack Tidus and Orlandu with Fire weapons couldn't make a dent in the main body even with element chain. I'd have to go the long ass grindy route for this fight.

Ah I see thanks. I didn't realise she has machine killer cause her abilities are in Japanese on reddit.

Yeah, she has Machine Killer and can give herself Earth element in addition to weakening the enemy's earth resistance. Fire, Earth, and Wind are the elements you can use I think but Fire and Earth are the primary ones.

CCIE

Banned
I'm going to complain to Gumi about the 2H Dragon trial. There is simply NO WAY that a 7500 HP Cecil with 400+ Defense should be one-shotted, because it was TOO EASY last week.

Seriously, WTF...

Pejo

I had accidentally let my NRG fill up and was only 2 xp to a Rank Up, so I gave a shot at the 2 headed dragon (my first try). Holy shit it was hilarious how quickly I died. I don't have a super TM team, but I have strong units with the best event gear we have accessible. Made it 4 rounds.

Sounds way different than the people that beat him the first week of release.

I don't give a crap though, that helmet is big "meh" material for me right now, too many other things to work on. Hope they bring him back down to "possible" level someday so I can snag it.

CCIE

Banned
Syntsui - they won't nerf anything for Global. Instead those fuckers beef up everything. Look at the past few weeks for an indication of what is to come
Our robot trial will be twice as hard.

robotuw

Just how viable is an evasion build? Does it stack? If so, Lightning or Chizuru can get up to 60% evade with Sazh and Cyan's TMs. If that further stacks with Noctis's TM that's a totally absurd 85% evade rate.

I just missed a Lightning 5 times in a row in the arena, so either I hit a 1 in 5000 chance from her native 30% evade or they had her decked out to some degree.

Shouta

Syntsui - they won't nerf anything for Global. Instead those fuckers beef up everything. Look at the past few weeks for an indication of what is to come

I don't even want to imagine what a twice as hard robot will be like. -_-

Syntsui

Look on the bright side, they have been listening to us. Do report this to their support and they will hopefully look into it.

They probably overbuffed the dragon due to a mistake, but even if it wasn't a mistake they will probably rectify it if enough people complain. Just like they did with the FF XIII event.

Nothing justify a challenge where a geared Cecil dies with one hit, this is not a challenge anymore. It's just not supposed to happen. Not right now, not even with Gilgamesh.

CCIE

Banned
I guess I should just be happy I'm allowed to play at all... I sent them an email, and I can't wait to see their response. If this is what trials will be going forward, I'm not sure how much longer I can do this.

It's already frustrating going up against whale teams in the Arena, and now it looks like I will never clear another trial in this game because they have to beef everything up. This better be a bug, because I am seriously pissed right now. How are you supposed to be even semi-competitive when you cannot even get the gear to be so? I'm beginning to think my Roided Light won't even have a prayer in Hell at this trial, much less the damned plant one

I bet those assholes buffed that as well...

It doesn't help my mood that I just ran into a "whale" team in the Arena with Gilgamesh, three Lights, and Refia. They go first... Divider, Electric Storm, Electric Storm, Fire Storm first term. My Cecil is the only one alive before I even get a term, and he's holding on by a thread. And this shit is getting more and more common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom