• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
ckMpNIT.png

I sure needed more charlottes

Flambe

Well done pulling except for dailies for now. Maybe get some help on who to fuse/sell for TMs and whatnot?

Already obtained TM's are Genji Gloves, Sakurafubiki, Gugnir, Dualcast aaand I think that's it

Current team:
Kefka 86.8%
Cecil 91.8%
Hayate 24.6%
Chorizo 0.1% (new obviously)
Gaffgarion 0.1% (him too)

Bullpen:
Lightning
Fencer
Ramza
Delita
Refia x6
Maxwell
Mercedes x6 (can prolly fuse a few of these eh)
Black Cat Lid
Ingus x5
Arc x5
Mustadio
Freya x3
Amarant x2
Garnet
Tellah x3
WoL
Leo x3
Locke x3
Golbez x3
Miyuki x2
Medius x3
Vaan x3
Bartz x5
Terra
Cecil
Kuja x3
Shantotto x8

So there's a glut of choices and it's probably safe to say to focus on ATK rather than the magic TMs for now with my typical team of Refia, Lightning, Gilgamesh, Cecil and rotating last chair.

Lastly, with recently obtained WoL would it be better to use him rather than Vaan for Full Breaking or is it case by case still

Pejo

Bought a small bit of lapis to:

A. Test Amazon purchases after my big bone from last week.
B. Get to 5k lapis for a 10+1 pull
C. Admit that I'm weak with how bad I want to pick up Noct.

Got enough Charlottes for Equip H Shield, a bunch of units to add to my TM %'s, and a Rainbow ----!!!!! Troll fucking Luneth.

I'm sure most people would love to have that "bad" luck, but I already have a maxed Luneth, and didn't really need another. Fuck, my heart.

I'll do 3 more pulls towards end of banner if Gumi ever gets their shit together and gives me the lapis I purchased, but man, that's a big kick to the dick.

Brunire

Well it took 97 pulls, but I got the prince.

Other notables:

1 Mercedes
5 Chorizo
1 Cecil
3 Miyuki
2 Zidane
1 Agrias
1 Refia

and about 3000 Charlottes. All lapis/tickets saved since the Luneth banner are now part of the ether.

Added.

If you really want him, spend say 10k lapis and a few tickets and see what happens. You never know.

lol I would surely keep angry pulling. It'd be one thing if Orlandu had a great banner since that's right around the corner in which case I could probably convince myself to go in x amount here and the rest there but he doesn't. It's basically a hesitation based off of something we're all making up. We have no idea if they will do a player choice banner for New Years but are just wanting to believe they'll do something special. That's the only banner that would be worth holding off on this one for anytime remotely soon.

Jeffrey

man i kinda want noct... but when is orlandu coming to the US? how about gacha 'rebalance'?

If im gonna whale im gonna wait for that.

Anyone else hate that feeling of... your unit is at like 91% tm and you have a lot of trust moogles but don't want to waste them lol.

Razmos

Got a vanille today as well, is her weapon worth getting before the event ends? I heard something about her being good at arena, is it just because of her limit or is there something else?
Bladeblitz with her wand could be fun for the status ailments

desverger

Heh, 2HD was kinda easy after I tried it yesterday once for fun.

Yesterday, Release and even Dual Break Breath was just killing people left and right. Today I forgot to guard for one Release and even lived through it. Barely, but it seems like he had 2x the damage and 10x the HP yesterday.

The only difference was that I now remembered to keep Omni-Veil up, but I doubt it really mattered that much. Took around 10 minutes to clear the trial.

Azuran

Banned
man i kinda want noct... but when is orlandu coming to the US? how about gacha 'rebalance'?

If im gonna whale im gonna wait for that.

Anyone else hate that feeling of... your unit is at like 91% tm and you have a lot of trust moogles but don't want to waste them lol.

Yeah but that's only becauseI'm saving all of my trust moogles for Sakurafubuki. I mean, everyone seems to be getting her so it's only a matter of time for me, right? RIGHT?!

Please, my Lightning needs it :(

robotuw

Well that was a fucking roller coaster of a morning. I did some pulls.

Daily:
Ludmille

Tickets:
Locke (1st)
Gold
Mercedes (sweet, axe)
Terra
Gold
Mercedes (uh, ok!)
Xiao (1st)
Cecil

Now I think, "My luck has been pretty good. Let's go for that 11x!"

Oh god it's horrible. Dupe Chizuru and my first Garland are the best parts. Yuck.

I've got some tickets left but now it feels like my mojo's gone.

Russel (yep, definitely gone)
Tellah
Rakshasa
oh lord it's a Rainbow
Ramza (He's not Noctis but he's still new to me and great!)
Gold
Mercedes (boob pirate loves me)
Rainbow are you shitting me?
Noctis

TLDR: I thought my luck was good, then I thought it was bad, then I spent all my life's luck in 3 pulls.

NomarTyme

Quick question... Sakurafubuki or Championship belt? Which to farm first ? I already have one Saku and I am brewing two gaffarions.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
After getting like 10 Noctis (what's the plural of Notis? Noctii? Noctum?) in this thread, you all are very quietly depressing the shit out of me.

Rixa

I couldn't stay away love the game and the community too much lol. No on the Noctis thing though I already have enough top tier units to waste Lapis on pulling poop at the moment.

Welcome back :p.

So i pulled and got a 4 star mercedes. She good or bad?

She is good. But she needs her own TM to be better. She really needs Axe.

The troll rates are back. This is what I got with 5000 lapis i was storing away for a rainy day on my android device. Didn't even get a banner unit

2 Trolls there (I consider troll pulls those max 4*) but I agree not a great pull.

For the record, 2HD has already been hotfixed back to what I assume was its original state. I sleepwalked... sleptwalked... breezed through it with CoD, Refia, Cecil and a 530 attack Luneth friend unit.

Yesterday, Release and even Dual Break Breath was just killing people left and right. Today I forgot to guard for one Release and even lived through it. Barely, but it seems like he had 2x the damage and 10x the HP yesterday.

The only difference was that I now remembered to keep Omni-Veil up, but I doubt it really mattered that much. Took around 10 minutes to clear the trial.

Good to know that it really was fumble from Gumi. It was so hard yesterday :D.

Congrats! I know my luck is gone too: the Daily Greg on the FFV banner sealed it. Besides, maybe Lapis is better spent on TM refreshes. It's going to be an absolute grind getting Miyuki/Cecil//Max/Greg/Chorizo to 100%. But once that happens, Lightning and Greg will be beastly.

Alkez

oh lord it's a Rainbow
Gold
Noctis

Damn you're the 3rd person to get their first Ramza today, the other two being myself (first 5* base as well) and Kouriozan.

Congrats on the Noctis too. Maybe I shouldn't have stopped pulling while I was on a hot streak lol.

H3xum

I am sure it was answered a million times since it came out, however, I was traveling for work and a few days behind on the board, but, whats the strat for dragon?

Well that was a fucking roller coaster of a morning. I did some pulls.

Daily:
Ludmille

Tickets:
Locke (1st)
Gold
Mercedes (sweet, axe)
Terra
Gold
Mercedes (uh, ok!)
Xiao (1st)
Cecil

Now I think, "My luck has been pretty good. Let's go for that 11x!"

Oh god it's horrible. Dupe Chizuru and my first Garland are the best parts. Yuck.

I've got some tickets left but now it feels like my mojo's gone.

Russel (yep, definitely gone)
Tellah
Rakshasa
oh lord it's a Rainbow
Gold
Noctis

TLDR: I thought my luck was good, then I thought it was bad, then I spent all my life's luck in 3 pulls.

Quite the roller coaster. Grats!

robotuw

I am sure it was answered a million times since it came out, however, I was traveling for work and a few days behind on the board, but, whats the strat for dragon?

The best current strat is spend your NRG on something else. They stealth-buffed it to hell and back and now the whales can barely do it.

Edit: Or apparently it's back to being reasonable?

Rixa

In short: No skills no abilities no attack magic. LB's & normal attacks are ok + healing magic.

Check Exviuswiki more strats.

The best current strat is spend your NRG on something else. They stealth-buffed it to hell and back and now the whales can barely do it.

Its nerfed again they say. Grats for your Rainbows :).

Alkez

O damn, I just realised, I'm not a Junior Member anymore!!

I don't know how much of a difference it makes but it makes me feel good to be "fully accepted".

Alkez

-- gotta hit 100 posts or 3 years for non-junior status btw. I coulda told you that.

-- going with multiple Noctii, btw.

Ah I see. Apparently I'm at 350 lol. I've only been posting in this and the last thread. Maybe it's time to dial it back a bit haha.

The amount of times I am one and done in the maze is really starting to bum me out and make me feel like a schmuck

Look at it this way

You are always guaranteed 35k xp for 10NRG

And only takes a minute or 2

If you arent building up anything you migtht as well be TM farming this week

The amount of times I am one and done in the maze is really starting to bum me out and make me feel like a schmuck

Maze is the BEST exp hands down. Took me no more than 4 hours to get Noctis from 0-100. I may have done 2-3 refills the most. By far the best bang for buck for leveling units.

Whales

Banned

2nd rainbow this banner...

alma...

Wow... so much money and lapis spent for this shit... Im getting real unlucky right now, feel like throwing my phone on the wall

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Maze is the BEST exp hands down. Took me no more than 4 hours to get Noctis from 0-100. I may have done 2-3 refills the most. By far the best bang for buck for leveling units.

Compared to dunes, you will get 35K min for 10 NRG each time. That is 52.5k Xp for 15NRG are the bare min.

You get to the third floor once, it turns to 62.5k, clear it. Either 92.5k or 122.5k.

alma...

Wow... so much money and lapis spent for this shit... Im getting real unlucky right now, feel like throwing my phone on the wall

I would join you in the sad corner where failed noctis chasers live but i already have so many amazing units that i would feel disingenuous bitching about it

robotuw

Are there secrets in the maze? I swear I saw the top of a moogle's head hiding behind one gateway, but I only noticed after I had gone through it. When I went back again it was gone. Do you get something for finding a moogle in the maze?

Fake edit: Wiki says the moogle appears occasionally and stands by the correct door. I had no idea.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
NO NO i do not have multiple Noctii or am I about to pull on this dang banner since i still don't have my lapis. apologies for the confusion. i was only saying that the proper plural form of Noctis is Noctii.

desverger

Not sure about optimal strats, but I just rocked it with physical units and Doublecast Refia, and Cecil for tanking and more heals. CoD is helpful with Omni-Veil since his breath will hit hard. Doublecast on healer makes this really easy, btw.

Don't use abilities, just do basic attacks and LBs. You can buff and heal. Breaks don't work, in any form. Only use physical abilities if you're sure you can kill it on the same turn.

Bring someone or multiple people with a rez because the dragon will kill people during certain times.

Also make sure you don't have any elemental weapons equipped. He resists about 50% of any element, except ice.

Pejo

Just saw it was re-nerfed this morning, and took no chances. Went in with my best physical DPS party and walloped him.

First, equip Twin lance if you got it from Gilgamesh event, and unequip elemental weapons.

You want to Auto Attack on any round that he doesn't do "Boost", bring a tank/backup healer and a healer (Refia shines here for immunity to silence). CoD is awesome too, because of Comeback (cures blind and silence, AoE).

After that it's just whittle away until you get a Boost round, then go all out with abilities/spells and try to kill it with a strong friend unit.

I took a Lightning that had elemental weapons and she did basically fuck all damage, but I still beat it easily in 4 rounds.

H3xum

alma...

Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. That would borderline get me to stop playing the game haha

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
WHOA WHOA WHOA holy unannounced QOL fix!

When you have a unit near max and go to enhance that unit via multiple units -- say, cactuars -- when you select enough to hit that max the rest will be greyed out.

That is an awesome update!

also please say helloooo to my 2nd lvl 100 ExDeath. He goes by FormerDeath.

CCIE

Banned
I have decided to take a break. TMR farming is burning me out, and 60 pulls with no rainbow, troll or otherwise just pisses me off. I knew better than to go all in.

I will log in for dailies, run TMR on computer, and that is it - please don't delete me... yet. I have zero tickets left and a little over 1K lapis for TMR farming.

This game sucks when you get no shiny units to play with, and I'm screwed if we get any good deals over the Holiday. Wish I'd just stuck to tickets, but I really wanted him.

I'm tired of logging into the Arena and seeing all these base 5*'s. Fuck GUMi, and their BS pull rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom