• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Yeah that Troll Alma uhh. Iam really sorry :&

"Hey look Rainbow"

"Hey look 5* unit that is handless and can't wield any weapon nor hats"

WTF

NO HATS. What kind of lady doesn't wear HATS?

I have decided to take a break.

I'm tired of logging into the Arena and seeing all these base 5*'s. Fuck GUMi, and their BS pull rates

Totally understand. I'm trying my very best to keep my expectations in line with the reality of this game, and that is damn hard sometimes. Take the time you need to come back energized and ready to tackle the damn fine units you did pull today, even if that's hard to recognize in the disappointment of not getting to chase the rainbow.

H3xum

I have decided to take a break. TMR farming is burning me out, and 60 pulls with no rainbow, troll or otherwise just pisses me off. I knew better than to go all in.

I will log in for dailies, run TMR on computer, and that is it - please don't delete me... yet. I have zero tickets left and a little over 1K lapis for TMR farming.

This game sucks when you get no shiny units to play with, and I'm screwed if we get any good deals over the Holiday. Wish I'd just stuck to tickets, but I really wanted him.

I'm tired of logging into the Arena and seeing all these base 5*'s. Fuck GUMi, and their BS pull rates

:( Sounds like taking a break would be best for a little while. Sorry to see you go

Whales

Banned
PgmOgOA.jpg

After spending an embarassing amount of lapis, I finally got him.

Im not even happy tbh... Fucking bullshit rng

So in the end, after spending about 90k lapis, I got a 5* cecil, a 5* alma and noctis.

I will check how many chizurus I got and tell you guys. I think I got about 4 or 5, and 4 or 5 mercedes too. Aka these rates are fucking shit

I got enough charlottes to get two of her tm. Lol

NomarTyme

I have decided to take a break. TMR farming is burning me out, and 60 pulls with no rainbow, troll or otherwise just pisses me off. I knew better than to go all in.

I will log in for dailies, run TMR on computer, and that is it - please don't delete me... yet. I have zero tickets left and a little over 1K lapis for TMR farming.

This game sucks when you get no shiny units to play with, and I'm screwed if we get any good deals over the Holiday. Wish I'd just stuck to tickets, but I really wanted him.

Good luck. Fucking gamblor is a Bitch.
After spending an embarassing amount of lapis, I finally got him.

Im not even happy tbh... Fucking bullshit rng

So in the end, after spending about 90k lapis, I got a 5* cecil, a 5* alma and noctis.

I will check how many chizurus I got and tell you guys. I think I got about 4 or 5, and 4 or 5 mercedes too. Aka these rates are fucking shit

I got enough charlottes to get two of her tm. Lol
0.0 you lived up to your name.congrats

unrealist

Same with me .. 200 pulls earlier today, I gave in and bought 36k Lapis again .. 280 pulls total, zero rainbows.. I cannot imagine seeing a rainbow eventually for it to be a troll .. I have zero base 5* it's depressing me. Years of gaming and I suddenly remembered games are for fun :(

Zafir

True enough. :(

I set myself up for disappointment every single time there's a 5* that I'd really like to have. Each new banner I think maybe I'll finally get my first rainbow crystal and base 5*. Nope.

Every single time just disappointment awaits.

Oh well, hopefully taking a break cheers you up.

Whales

Banned
Good luck. Fucking gamblor is a Bitch.

0.0 you lived up to your name.congrats

And I feel like shit for living up to it too.

Oh well, you guys will never hear me complain about spending money on pulls ever again, because im not spending anymore money on this lol

Only gonna pull for tidus and thats it, if I dont get him h with my current lapis then too bad.

These rates would be fine if a rainbow was a guaranteed 5* or guaranteed banner unit. But it isnt

Lyrian

Yeah, I'm done with 10+1 pulls until the new rules are implemented. Seen so many troll golds it defies description. Haven't seen a rainbow TO turn into a troll...

I'm good for awhile now. It sucks that I will have nothing to pull for Majin Fina, but at least I have the makings of a solid team for awhile. And after I finish the current group of TM's for Light going to have to start knocking out some of these dupes.

4 X Terra so Ultima should be quick
5 X Charlotte each at 10% so really quick
4 x Amarant so quick HP+30%
12 x Shantotto so a quick 3 MAG+30% - four for each
5 x Arc so quick Omnirod

I'll do the two five's first, then put DW into the queue with the 4 sets...

Going to knock those all out after I finish Light's current enhancements next week. ExDeath and Refia will be happy in a month or so...

Oh my God, I somehow have four Miuki as well, which can turn into two Katanas so Chorizo will not suck down the road. I drew three Mercedes, and I can't get to her TM any time in the next two months at the earliest...

Ridiculous.

So TM farming priority?

First finish Cecil, Gaf, and Max to get Light into the high 600's
Then the 5 Charlottes
Then maybe DW, BM, 2xMiuki, and finish Snow#1

Not enough time, and now not enough lapis either...

Haven't played my lot yet for this banner yet, waiting for the GF for a group activity perhaps late tonight. Surely not expecting Noctis on my acct, but hoping the rumored "new account bias" will help her out.

Praying for a Chiz finally on my main, and a Mercedes would be nice as well before the banner ends. Realistically, my expectations are set at only obtaining one of them at best. On the 2nd week of the FF13 banner, I missed everything outside of my GF pulling a Hope for me. Not even a single Fang.

Still, I'd like a Miyuki at some point as well. Pretty painful to have all of these potentially strong physical units, yet am missing all of the units that give them the TMs needed to shine.

The arena is predictably ridiculous. First team I fought: Lightning, 2 Luneths, Greg, and Exdeath. I don't know how I won, but now I completely understand why people hate this mode.

Also, screw Arena Cecils.

It's only going to get worse, likely every week moving forward.

And yeah, my arena buffed Cecil has nearly 8k health now. That's got to suck to defeat. At least dual black magic is back in play.

EDIT:

Stay safe and take a needed breather.

You aren't going anywhere on my friends list. Chilly is still there at 29 days and counting.

Have a peaceful and less stressful Holiday, CCIE. :)

Rixa

Surely not expecting Noctis on my acct, but hoping the rumored "new account bias" will help her out.

Praying for a Chiz finally on my main, and a Mercedes would be nice as well before the banner ends. Realistically, my expectations are set at only obtaining one of them at best.

Hey man, miracles do happen. @cw_sasuke got 1st Cecil today and I got 1st Zidane.

Zafir

These rates would be fine if a rainbow was a guaranteed 5* or guaranteed banner unit. But it isnt

As someone who has NEVER seen a rainbow crystal having played from soft launch, nope.

The rates are shit regardless. The fact you can get a non-base 5* is just extra shit on top of a shit mountain.

Azuran

Banned
This is exactly why you never chase the rainbow especially when the gatcha mechanics are still stupid as shit. You're not going to win 95% of the time and in the end, it's only going to make you feel miserable about it whether you get what you want or not.

We have known for month the current rates are complete and utter garbage and yet people continue to relentlessly bank everything on a single unit despite plenty of evidence showing how there's an extremely high chance you're not getting what you want.

The complaining afterwards is just icing on the game especially when people are just regurgitating the obvious.

CCIE

Banned
Like I said, I will be around. And I am coming to the conclusion the only way I am ever getting a base 5* is by rerolling. That is how I got Light, and I haven't seen a rainbow crystal since then.

I will still be playing to build up lapis and tickets again, as well as more damned TM farming. But I am going through the motions - can't find it in me to give a damn. Games should be fun, and this isn't. It's WoL all over again.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Real talk: TM farming is probably the best use of all of our non-whaling time anyway. Take care and take a deep breath. We got you fam!

Wait I missed this : GL - Christmas Event Placeholders
Basically we're getting a Christmas Event that is very similar to the Halloween one.

Reddit has it right: Hope you have firaga ready! Think I just figured out the next unit to level -- my 3rd of 4 ExDeaths. :)

So I am rerolling an account just to do some rolls to get the itch to go away while my regular account TM farms....this is the way to go.

the wiki used to have a summon simulator for every event, which was a GREAT reality check before losing your mind on a banner. the entire site is sadly in disrepair over the past 3 weeks or so, starting back when guy was asking for help on rankings.

https://exviuswiki.com/Summon <-- if it comes back that would be where to look. so useful.

Zafir

This is exactly why you never chase the rainbow especially when the gatcha mechanics are still stupid as shit. You're not going to win 95% of the time and in the end, it's only going to make you feel miserable about it whether you get what you want or not.
I mean you feel miserable regardless really. You see everyone with their shiny new units, and while you're happy for them you're also just super disappointed that you can't get some of the luck yourself.

the wiki used to have a summon simulator for every event, which was a GREAT reality check before losing your mind on a banner. the entire site is sadly in disrepair over the past 3 weeks or so, starting back when guy was asking for help on rankings.

https://exviuswiki.com/Summon <-- if it comes back that would be where to look. so useful.

Yeah, I used to use it all the time before they stopped updating it or it crashed or whatever happend to it. The rates aren't exact but it did the job. Currently on my 4th reroll and the best unit I have pulled is Garland....lol yikes. Only 5 tickets and 1 daily right of the gate is not a great start up though.

Whales

Banned
Same with me .. 200 pulls earlier today, I gave in and bought 36k Lapis again .. 280 pulls total, zero rainbows.. I cannot imagine seeing a rainbow eventually for it to be a troll .. I have zero base 5* it's depressing me. Years of gaming and I suddenly remembered games are for fun :(

Im so sorry dude. Your luck was even crappier than mine

We have known for month the current rates are complete and utter garbage and yet people continue to relentlessly bank everything on a single unit despite plenty of evidence showing how there's an extremely high chance you're not getting what you want.

The complaining afterwards is just icing on the game especially when people are just regurgitating the obvious.

I know, but you really dont feel it until you try it yourself

I used to watch Ziss's videos and be like " man, this dude spends 100k+ lapis and he still doesnt get the unit. Hes really unlucky". I was always kinda lucky in this game, getting good pulls every once in a while and getting lightning pretty quickly when rerolling

But yeah, you realize he aint unlucky. You alsorealize that too late after spending your money :/

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I decided to use my first ever store bought Lapis, was saving it till they did insert the crystal change and did a 10+1 Summon

On the plus side, 5 Charlottes

Celegus

This is exactly why you never chase the rainbow especially when the gatcha mechanics are still stupid as shit. You're not going to win 95% of the time and in the end, it's only going to make you feel miserable about it whether you get what you want or not..
Exactly why I'm f2p. I expect nothing and usually get nothing, therefore can't be disappointed. But when I finally manage my first rainbow (playing since day 1) and it does have a Noctis... Feels good. I certainly wasn't expecting him though.

Syrus

Banned
Shit guys...

Help

Maze or TM farm? Dd beginner maze and got shit ton of stuff..like 6 cactus 3 SQ and 5 n 6 star matts

Zafir

Honestly folks, seeing a rather alarming trend these past two pages.
And yet, this is exactly what those company's want people to do. It'a shame so many solid mobile games are gacha games trying to play into peoples addictive tendencies.

And of course, the top 100 in the Arena have Noctis now, RIP if you wanna stay in top 3000.

Same principles as dealing with Lightnings

Status effects and Dual Cast spells

You guys will make due. Just have to shut down Noctis instead of auto piloting

It does suck just how massively good he is

Kouriozan

Same principles as dealing with Lightnings

Status effects and Dual Cast spells

You guys will make due. Just have to shut down Noctis instead of auto piloting

It does suck just how massively good he is

In a few day I'll have 2 level 100 Chizuru, it'll be payback time!

Syrus

Banned
Dual cast meteor and aeto blitz almost wipes any team. Lol

Everyone add me 871151852 if ur name doesn't match GAF have GAF in messagr

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

To be fair, it was Lapis I've been sitting on for 2 months+ I got from amazon at a Discount and wanted to celebrate doing well my finals. It's also been my first purchase.

I would also feel bad for saying what the other 6 characters were.

To be fair, it was Lapis I've been sitting on for 2 months+ I got from amazon at a Discount and wanted to celebrate doing well my finals. It's also been my first purchase.

I would also feel bad for saying what the other 6 characters were.

Do it

Dont leave me hanging

Im personally bummed I didnt get Noctis and I was fortunate enough to have a rainbow crystal pop

Oh well. I have so many great units as it is.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So I decided to use my first ever store bought Lapis, was saving it till they did insert the crystal change and did a 10+1 Summon

On the plus side, 5 Charlottes

oh shin, just yesterday i believe your exact words were STAHP. :(

HMMMMM

It's taking every ounce of restraint I have not to buy more lapis while I'm waiting for them to ever give me my LAST purchase. Once again maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

Aside: Anyone notice we came out of the gate hard early early on and then dried up? HMM.

Dual cast meteor and aeto blitz almost wipes any team. Lol

Everyone add me 871151852 if ur name doesn't match GAF have GAF in messagr

Well think about the average 5 unit team with all 5*s. They're probably all sitting around 4k-5k health each, Cecils and ValentusRefias aside. Meaning you really only need a couple maxed ExDeaths hitting DualMeteor for that sweetass 4K damage in one move. It's so fun!

So TM farm or Maze?

Depends on what your goals are

Maze is great for raising up Units. Lots of XP, mats, and other bonus goodies like Star Quartz and LB Bots (but those are the most rare)

So unless you need to stock up on XP, mats and Crystals you should probably be TM farming

Iceman829

Well my eye is clear so I'm back to wearing contacts. Time to do more pulls cause it's friday and I'm bored

Miyuki #2
Gilbert again
Fran...
Mustadio
Charlotte again......

30 tickets left. Still haven't touched my lapis again since this morning. This is terrible. Not even a Chizuru

Vamphuntr

They should do like Gran Blue imo. Once in a while you get an offer to buy on rare (SSR) character of your choice for like 30$. It kind of balances the addictive behavior. It's a gacha game you won't be able to get the unit you want all the time and of course the new character is obviously going to be good that's the way they attract people. What doesn't help is that you'll see people post that they got the character you wanted but it's kind of normal that with 10+ million people some will get the low odds characters.

tariniel

They should do like Gran Blue imo. Once in a while you get an offer to buy on rare (SSR) character of your choice for like 30$. It kind of balances the addictive behavior. It's a gacha game you won't be able to get the unit you want all the time and of course the new character is obviously going to be good that's the way they attract people. What doesn't help is that you'll see people post that they got the character you wanted but it's kind of normal that with 10+ million people some will get the low odds characters.

If it worked this way then I'd have spent money on the game by now for sure. I've somehow managed to stay f2p so far. It wouldn't surprise me if this actually made them less money overall because whales would probably spend less this way.

Syrus

Banned
Depends on what your goals are

Maze is great for raising up Units. Lots of XP, mats, and other bonus goodies like Star Quartz and LB Bots (but those are the most rare)

So unless you need to stock up on XP, mats and Crystals you should probably be TM farming

Well I do have Cod at 5 star , DKC and Chizuru that all need leveled.

Good LORD I'm getting destroyed right now in Arena! So hard to get back into the 20k to 30k region again. So many Nocti and stacked teams plus the ai being an asshole is not letting me advance :/. And these are popping up on low to mid range teams.

Well I do have Cod at 5 star , DKC and Chizuru that all need leveled.

Personally, I'm running the Maze and saving all of the gigantuars I pull and use all of the other cactuars to level up some of the units I've been ignoring for a while (Bartz, Firion, etc.). That way I have a great stock of gigantuars next time I get a good pull and won't have to worry about the leveling game.

I'm also still doing some TM farming. I kinda' just keep alternating between the two, to be honest. Refresh NRG, run the maze, refresh NRG, TM farm then take a break.

Personally, I'm running the Maze and saving all of the gigantuars I pull and use all of the other cactuars to level up some of the units I've been ignoring for a while (Bartz, Firion, etc.). That way I have a great stock of gigantuars next time I get a good pull and won't have to worry about the leveling game.

I'm also still doing some TM farming. I kinda' just keep alternating between the two, to be honest. Refresh NRG, run the maze, refresh NRG, TM farm then take a break.

Im doing maze when I can plan and letting TMR run when I cant and overnight

Seems like a solid plan

For those of you that got unlucky today

Focus on Maze or TMR

Look forward to Xmas event

Noctis is permanently in the pool. Who knows. Any future rainbow you pull could have a Noctis inside

Just move on and plan for Xmas event. Should have some goodies

Noctis is so beyond what current content demands. We dont NEED him.

Iceman829

Rydia
Charlotte
Charlotte
Rydia
Lenna

Equip H Shield unlocked...

I hate this game. 35 tickets down and 2 11 pulls and nothing but TM trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom