• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
With your team being so strong, how often do you encounter fights where you don't need to heal? You could make your healer a powerful mage with the ring if you don't need to conserve MP to heal or as I said before, could give you a nice nuke option to finish off bosses.

I've eliminated Refia from my arena team. Cecil is on heal duty. Arena team is Noctis, Gilga, Lightning, Cecil and Exdeath/Elza (Elza get's subbed out this week because no aoe/phys combo attacks). I'm really wondering if it's worth giving to Noctis over say Bracer, Infernal Amulet, or Hero's Ring.

Valentus

What's the verdict on Noctis' TM? Without the 30% atk/mag like what they get in JP is it worth it at all?

Why you keep thinking on using the ring on noctis? Every mage with that ring is a complete beast

alternaeyst8.png

Jeffrey

Man the shittiest thing about getting a troll rainbow pull is that, something changed psychologically now that 'but there is a chance' going in my mind.

I kinda liked it better when i've not seen a rainbow, period.

Not me. As much as it would really suck to get a troll rainbow it's worse getting none at all. When you've pulled this much without seeing a single rainbow it feels like you truly don't have a chance of ever getting a 5* base. At least if I got trolls, I'd tell myself it's just a matter of time until one of them are something good.

Kouriozan

Started the arena too late this week (2 hours after the reset) and now I'm stuck in the 5000 range because I can't get fights with good ratio.
This is not fair at all.

Eidjinn

Not me. As much as it would really suck to get a troll rainbow it's worse getting none at all. When you've pulled this much without seeing a single rainbow it feels like you truly don't have a chance of ever getting a 5* base. At least if I got trolls, I'd tell myself it's just a matter of time until one of them are something good.

This.

I only believed it would be possible to get a rainbow when I actually saw one, even if it was a troll one.

creid

you also got a Romadan Pistol, newly relevant with Medius 6*, Xiao's Knuckle, a +30% MAG, an equip heavy shield (for Refia), TWO dual wields and a bladeblitz in case you ever need an AOE at some point.

This is a great pull.
Careful - Vivi is +30% MP, not 30% MAG.

Also I just bought the $10 Lapis thing for TM refreshes and it said purchase cancelled...still took the credit from my account and actually my 10k Lapis I had went to 0.....good fucking times. Thankfully resetting the game got my actual Lapis back but still no purchased lapis...Gumi is inept as shit.

Also I just bought the $10 Lapis thing for TM refreshes and it said purchase cancelled...still took the credit from my account and actually my 10k Lapis I had went to 0.....good fucking times. Thankfully resetting the game got my actual Lapis back but still no purchased lapis...Gumi is inept as shit.

That's insane. Glad a restart of the app fixed.

robotuw

Once I get my final batch of physical TM's done I think I'll focus on a healer rather than a mage. Here's my plan for the ultimate Tilith setup when she gets her 6* (from what I've got atm):

Equip Staff - Roselia 2x
Equip H Shield - Charlotte 3x
Cat Hat - BCL 2x
Magi Staff - Lenna 2x
Aegis Shield - Leo 2x
Minerva Bustier - Celes 2x
Mentality (20% MP, 30% spr)- Refia
MP %30 - Tellah 3x

That should get her pretty close to 500 spr. What accessories should go on her 6* form? Should I focus on shutting down more statuses or just heap on more mp? With two rune armlets I can get her past 500 mp.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Finally around the world after 40 hours of traveling.

Lots of news it seems.

1. I see a lot who were going to TM farm run maze now :)

It's been fantastic.
Chizzy is at 100, Noctis us at 100, snow is half way. Got enough mats to awaken him from maze.

Between this and the ffxiii event, I'm sitting at 50 sc, after awakening Snow, Kurie, Golbez, black car lid, and kain to 5*

Snow will be 100 in a day or two, then I'll definitely top off Tilith, Maxwell, and Charlotte to 80.

Been spending my daily lapis too on it. 6* mats, sc, and experience is way too good.

2. First raid. I'm excited.

I also like what GumI is doing with old units. Rather than leaving them at 5, making them six could make them great.

I believe Medius is the best chain in the fame, and also have a 6* green mage could be interesting

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Careful - Vivi is +30% MP, not 30% MAG.

Vivi is Firaga if we are talking TMR's. Shanttoto is Mag 30% and Tellah is MP 30%.

Yes I am dumb

more or less what happened to me on my first purchase screwup, unrelated to the current screwup, approaching 11 days in 7 hours.

Finally got Chizzy to 100... too bad I only have one dual wield to go between her and CoD. Might just give it to her until I get another one up (gonna be awhile, think zidane #2 is maybe 10%) but not sure yet. Guess I am going to level Bartz up next but not sure... also have Garland, gafgarrion, another exdeath (already have one at 100), arc

You ever look at your unit pool and finally realize that TM farming is a sick and sadistic thing?!?!? There's no way I can finish this. All my TM'ing is done using switch controls.

My TM backlog is insane:

Noctis
Snow
Gaf for bracer #2
Agrias #2 for STQ #2
Ludmille for dual cast #2.
Cecil #2
Bartz x 4
Mercedes x 2
Zidane #2
Juggler x 2
Hiyate for the second black cowl, have 3 hyate.
Locke x 2
Alma x 4
Mustadio x 3
Arc x 4
Ingus x 5
BCL for what would be her second hat, have 2 units.

It's too much, it's just too much.

Rootbeer

Banned
acquiring TMs is an incredible timesink even with scripts... I hope it gets faster as the game matures. There should be ways to get moogles much more regularly.

You ever look at your unit pool and finally realize that TM farming is a sick and sadistic thing?!?!? There's no way I can finish this. All my TM'ing is done using switch controls.

My TM backlog is insane:

Noctis
Snow
Gaf for bracer #2
Agrias #2 for STQ #2
Ludmille for dual cast #2.
Cecil #2
Bartz x 4
Mercedes x 2
Zidane #2
Juggler x 2
Hiyate for the second black cowl, have 3 hyate.
Locke x 2
Alma x 4
Mustadio x 3
Arc x 4
Ingus x 5
BCL for what would be her second hat, have 2 units.

It's too much, it's just too much.

Yeah it sucks....I look at it and just cry especially any single unit ones I have left to do or ones I don't want to fuse. Thankfully after my current batch the next few I am going to do I have 5+ of each unit to make them faster and then it's back to the 5 unique ones again to make me want to punch kittens.....and I like kittens.

Valentus

Once I get my final batch of physical TM's done I think I'll focus on a healer rather than a mage. Here's my plan for the ultimate Tilith setup when she gets her 6* (from what I've got atm):

Equip Staff - Roselia 2x
Equip H Shield - Charlotte 3x
Cat Hat - BCL 2x
Magi Staff - Lenna 2x
Aegis Shield - Leo 2x
Minerva Bustier - Celes 2x
Mentality (20% MP, 30% spr)- Refia
MP %30 - Tellah 3x

That should get her pretty close to 500 spr. What accessories should go on her 6* form? Should I focus on shutting down more statuses or just heap on more mp? With two rune armlets I can get her past 500 mp.

Tilith doesnt need much SPR, also she doesnt need a staff,

The build for tilith i would use is this

Tilith 5 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Left Hand: Force Shield +40DEF+8SPR+10%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Head: Cat Hat +25MP+15DEF+20MAG+20SPR+100%Silence
Body: Minerva Bustier +47DEF+45SPR+30%Fire/Ice/Lightning/Wind
Accessory 1: Ribbon +5MAG+5SPR+100%Status Resistance
Accessory 2: Angel Earrings +20%MP+50%Dark
Ability 1: Melody of Life +20% Elemental Resistance
Ability 2: Equip H Shield Can equip Heavy Shields
Ability 3: HP +30% +30% HP
Ability 4: Mentality +20% MP +30%SPR
Esper: Carbuncle HP:3200 MP:5700 ATK:1800 DEF:3200 MAG:4300 SPR:6000
Total Stats: HP: 3136 MP: 370 ATK: 114 DEF: 232 MAG: 200 SPR: 352

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
People need to stop asking for TM to be easier like yesterday, the power creep will be worse than anything else if they make them required.

I hope luck has blessed chrono and panther

People need to stop asking for TM to be easier like yesterday, the power creep will be worse than anything else if they make them required.

I hope luck has blessed chrono and panther

I am fine with how they work they are clearly meant to take some time...although if you are willing to spend cash you can get one much quicker what I want are some QoL improvements. Mainly I want the repeat quest feature that Brave Frontier has which would eliminate the need to use an emulator to macro. I mean it is pretty stupid that the best way to play the game is by not playing the game so you may as well give us that feature to make it somewhat easier.

UrSuLeTzU

I got dualcast finally done today and my daily pull was my first Garland. Question: what does a doublehand x2 with a pirate axe and 2x bracer Garland=?

leehom

My TM backlog is insane:

Yup, my backlog is huge too. I think I finally mastered 5 TM's...and this account has been active since the start of global launch. TBH, I didn't start farming TM's until a few months ago. Was too busy completing all the story, story quests and speeding up 40 trophies for HR. In-between all of that I went all in on every event. Lately I've only farmed what I needed from events and reverted back to TM farming.

So close to DC, both at 83%....After that, TM's to buff one physical damager. Then all the TM weapons, then another BM/Subarufikiasjahdajhd, then 5 Letters and Arm, etc and it goes on. That's why I delete characters where their TM's aren't incredibly useful. I will never get around to TM farming them anyways. Like firaga, etc.

acquiring TMs is an incredible timesink even with scripts... I hope it gets faster as the game matures. There should be ways to get moogles much more regularly.

This please. I have to keep reminding myself it's been out for less than a year. Still, whoever designed the TM system is on drugs. It takes forever with an around the clock script, it's completely unreasonable to do legit. It's as if they aren't meant to be in the game but the rising difficulty makes them especially necessary when you don't have 5* bases units. Thank goodness the story missions are so easy so there's content you can continue to enjoy if the trials are too hard.

Malakhov

Banned
... keep in mind that they're doing you a favor by not including Cecil. I try to gear for offense and don't run a tank either.

Because screw Arena Cecils.
You have a point. I got rid of Cecil and added bartz, he's a Cecil killer with his wind attacks. I go full out offense, screw defense.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
No seriously every bit of lapis should go into TM farming once you get all the obvious units on backlog. DW, DC, etc etc.

Pulling units when I don't have DW yet seems really dumb.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
No seriously every bit of lapis should go into TM farming once you get all the obvious units on backlog. DW, DC, etc etc.

If you're f2p, you shouldn't pool any lapis to TM farming or keep it minimal. Lapis is always going to be the limited resource.

And unless you're 80+ NRG, it's not going to be worth it

Syntsui

I can only agree with this if you don't need to pull anything in the foreseeable future or you don't care about spending money.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I can only agree with this if you don't need to pull anything in the foreseeable future or you don't care about spending money.

Still better to save for the future. TM farming is a mucher better use of lapis, but the gains you'll eventually need more will be units where it's better to max your chances.

Also, Winter Noel has a 50+ MAG ring? That shit is beastily

Malakhov

Banned
If you're f2p, you shouldn't pool any lapis to TM farming or keep it minimal. Lapis is always going to be the limited resource.

And unless you're 80+ NRG, it's not going to be worth it
No. Panther is right. You get to a certain point that spending lapis on your tms is a much better investment than doing daily pulls or pulling a on a banner for some unobtainable elite unit.

I have Gilgamesh, Lightning, Cod, exdeath, refia, Cecil, bartz and a backlog of 6 star units AND future 6 star units. There's no point for me now to spend lapis on pulling at all.

As far as being a limited resource, we get almost 100 lapis daily for the quests and arena. Add to that some daily rewards, some rank ups etc..

I have spent 2000 lapis on tms since last week. I've gotten: Excalibur, save the queen, dual wield and sakurafubi.

Much better than anything else 2000 lapis would have gotten me.

And I only have about 78 NRG.

Got two rank ups to boot.

chrono01

You know why they don't do Fencer.

Unless they are going to bring her again to some banner, it would be waste of resources, since no one can pull her. Ofc. Fencer 6* would be great if she gets reintroduced (Gumi do this and you get shitloads of money from players).
Oh, I know. If they re-introduced her in a banner though AND gave her a 6* awakening, that would be ideal. I love my Fencer bunny. :(

omg omg omg, first rainbow.... and

Well... at least it wasn't a dupe.
Ouch. Sorry man. :/

If you want to know how much of a deviant i am, if i had my goddamned lapis (10 days, now) i'd spend it on an 11 pull at this exact moment.
You still don't have your Lapis? Damn man, I'd ask for a refund from Apple at this point. You've waited well beyond what you should have, Gumi should have responded to you by now. :(

Gumi hacked account. Don't listen to him, SAVE YOUR LAPIS!

GAHHHHHHHHHHH Another day of TM farming ruined by Nox bringing up other apps! Does anyone know what the hell causes this? Why would it randomly bring up FB Lite or the Google Store? I didn't have those apps open... really sucks and when I swap back to FFBE after closing them, I'm logged out. It can't even be the game crashing out and the script clicking the other apps because their location on the desktop aren't anywhere near where the script clicks. Help!

Alkez

It's a difficult one. I don't think you should be spending lapis on tms if you're f2p unless you really need them right now (for example if you just pulled your first zidane and have no innate dual wielders).

At the same time panther is right. Is there any point in saving a bunch of lapis only to blow it all on a 1.5% chance of getting the banner unit.

wilstreak

both are mediocre because it will be global exclusive event.

I can see that soon, they will upgrade Miyuki to 6* now that her mother and brother are 6* as well.

And, anyone know what raid event is?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
obviously this is not an either/or situation. that said, we've gone over this many times and it's a fact that a known quantity -- a TM in hand -- is infinitely more valuable than an unknown quantity, like a daily pull on a banner that returns around 1.5-2% of the future proof unit(s) you want.

combine that with this: banners are not and will never get worse. maybe for a week or two, or Cloud of Darkness herself forbid a month. but banners are always, always going to get better. as are the units you want.

get your TMs now, while you can. you don't need 6 DPS units, or 6 tanks, or 6 mages, or 6 healers, or 6 buffers, or 6 debuffers. you need one of each, maybe 5 of each if you have money to burn.

that doesn't mean you can't save your lapis instead of either. just saying if you're going to pick one, the choice is obvious and has been.

lol I truly do have shit luck with RNG in this game. I can't tell you how many times I choose the wrong door in the maze on the very first option. It's preposterous. Waste of NRG I should go back to missions. On the other hand, a gigantuar for 10NRG might not be that bad, cheaper than EXP dunes granted you can only get one doing this.

Syntsui

lol I truly do have shit luck with RNG in this game. I can't tell you how many times I choose the wrong door in the maze on the very first option. It's preposterous. Waste of NRG I should go back to missions.
It isn't, it's the best dungeon in the game for XP and awakening materials. Absolutely nothing compares to the maze. You can go straight to the last room and it will still be 30k xp for less than a minute of play and for 10 energy.

I gathered more than 100 Sacred Crystals so far and maxed my Lightning, my ExDeath and will finish my Cecil tomorrow. It's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom