• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

I'm very interested in the new raid event! I was hoping for some physical DD rewards. Lightning can wield guns, right? Can you equip a sword and a gun with DW? If yes I hope the gun is actually worthwhile! Otherwise I could throw it on Noctis but I'd probably still want the ATK boost from the other passive ability instead of the MAG boost from the gun passive.

Probably not interested in the new units, and doubt I'll waste the mats and time to level up my Medius.

However, I would like to try and do a couple pulls on this current banner. I'm looking to drop my first real purchase into the game (although still minor compared to the bucks that whales are throwing at it). I'm assuming there will be some kind of lapis deal for Christmas, but does anyone know if: a) I'm safe in my assumption, and b) when the deal would hit?

Because of the deal wouldn't go into place until Friday, I don't want to wait because I'd rather throw a bit of change in the hopes of pulling on this banner than on the next. If the deals would go live on Thursday, then I will wait and hopefully maximize my purchase.

Yeah, the smart approach is: dailies until last day, then tickets, then spend. How long is the Noctis banner up for? There's gotta be no way they wouldn't overlap a Christmas deal with the Noctis banner -- everyone who hasn't pulled him yet might reconsider when they see possible bundles.

H3xum

Probably not interested in the new units, and doubt I'll waste the mats and time to level up my Medius.

However, I would like to try and do a couple pulls on this current banner. I'm looking to drop my first real purchase into the game (although still minor compared to the bucks that whales are throwing at it). I'm assuming there will be some kind of lapis deal for Christmas, but does anyone know if: a) I'm safe in my assumption, and b) when the deal would hit?

Because of the deal wouldn't go into place until Friday, I don't want to wait because I'd rather throw a bit of change in the hopes of pulling on this banner than on the next. If the deals would go live on Thursday, then I will wait and hopefully maximize my purchase.

I wouldn't hold your breath. The current deals are going to be up until the end of the month. So that would probably be the earliest. I mean they could always add new bundles but generally they only have 2 lapis deals at a time.

I wouldn't hold your breath. The current deals are going to be up until the end of the month. So that would probably be the earliest. I mean they could always add new bundles but generally they only have 2 lapis deals at a time.

What current deals are there, though?

I was hoping for something like the Black Friday deal on lapis. If I remember correctly, the trunk got you 10,200 instead of just 8,500. That's the kind of deal I'm hoping for.

When mine reached limit level 10, I instantly awakened him to 6*.

Thats what i did as well - working to max lvl him.

If i ever get a dupe i will try to max lvl his LB - but right now him being 6* and protecting my units is more important. The max LB is really high end stuff, while im still covering the basics.

Kinda sucks for Charlotte though - just when i get her awesome shield i pull 6* Cecil and she is being benched :-/
Why instantly to 10? I have a charlotte and she has done well enough where I have gotten every trial done as a F2P and got Maxwell as well. Kinda seems like Cecil is slight tank overkill atm but I also have a dc refia so shits just been smooth sailing

forgrim

Thats what i did as well - working to max lvl him.

If i ever get a dupe i will try to max lvl his LB - but right now him being 6* and protecting my units is more important. The max LB is really high end stuff, while im still covering the basics.

Kinda sucks for Charlotte though - just when i get her awesome shield i pull 6* Cecil and she is being benched :-/

My reroll pull was cecil during softlaunch, and i 6 starred him immediately. Then i pulled a cecil during luneth banner, which ive been throwing all my burst pots on. Just reached 15, and need to awaken him to 5 star to continue.

H3xum

What current deals are there, though?

I was hoping for something like the Black Friday deal on lapis. If I remember correctly, the trunk got you 10,200 instead of just 8,500. That's the kind of deal I'm hoping for.

Chest of Merriment - 60 energy, 3100 lapis, 2 tickets, 2 keys, 9 SQ - $24.99

Gold Chest of Warmth - 60 energy, 1250 lapis, 1 ticket, 1 key, 5 SQ - $11.99

Chest of Merriment - 60 energy, 3100 lapis, 2 tickets, 2 keys, 9 SQ - $24.99

Gold Chest of Warmth - 60 energy, 1250 lapis, 1 ticket, 1 key, 5 SQ - $11.99

Ah... right. Gotcha.

I guess I was focused more on the actual purchase of lapis, as I see them as much more versatile and these chests don't really sound like much of a deal to me. I think I'll wait until Thursday just to see if they announce anything. If not, I'll pull the trigger and do some pulls before the next banner hits.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why instantly to 10? I have a charlotte and she has done well enough where I have gotten every trial done as a F2P and got Maxwell as well. Kinda seems like Cecil is slight tank overkill atm but I also have a dc refia so shits just been smooth sailing

Charlotte is great and i have used her for everything up to now - but Cecil is just better. The upcoming challenges will get tougher and without a 6* Tank i would probably waste stamina on more attempts. Cecil rocks like 3k more HP than Charlotte.
My reroll pull was cecil during softlaunch, and i 6 starred him immediately. Then i pulled a cecil during luneth banner, which ive been throwing all my burst pots on. Just reached 15, and need to awaken him to 5 star to continue.

Yeah. thats the way to go....if i ever pull another 3* Cecil ill buff his LB to the max.

H3xum

Daily was my 2nd CoD.

I don't think I need her, but, I am hesitant to fuse her since she will always be a best in PvP

bonkeng

For what i saw on reddit and youtube (based on bahamut raid, the first raid in JP)

You fight the boss and everybody is defeated you gain points for total damage dealt to it.

With that points you get ranked, just like arena, and at the end of the event, you get rewards for the ranking you ended (again, just like arena)

In the bahamut raid the rewards were:

Rank 1-1000 = 2 big trust moogles + 5 tickets
Rank 1001-10000 = 1 big trust moogle + 4 tickets
Rank 10001-30000 = 1 small trust moogle + 4 tickets
Rank 30001-50000 = 1 small trust moogle + 3 tickets
Rank 50001-100000 = 2 tickets
Rank 100001~ = 1 ticket

Also, there are individual rewards you got for achieving certain point milestones (like star quartz, trust moogles, friend points, stat pots)

And finally you gain rewards (tickets) for total damage the server has done to the boss.

Here you can see the rewards

It looks like raids are very rewarding events.

Hopefully a guild system is implemented in the future as well.

Apart from individual rewards, we can also have guild rewards. Top 10 guilds maybe. At least we can help each other achieve the common goals.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. daily: Lenna, my 2nd.

2. Cerius and Medius, lolol. Watch Medius be a great top-tier DPS.

3. Santa Roselia???

4. This event honestly sounds like a lot of fun. These are going to be worth it, I'm certain:

0VDRHXw.png

KeRaSh

1. daily: Lenna, my 2nd.

2. Cerius and Medius, lolol. Watch Medius be a great top-tier DPS.

3. Santa Roselia???

4. This event honestly sounds like a lot of fun. These are going to be worth it, I'm certain:

Hopefully some of the gear is good for physical DPS units. I don't need more mage gear Exdeath can't even wear...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Hopefully some of the gear is good for physical DPS units. I don't need more mage gear Exdeath can't even wear...

if halloween is a gauge, it's probably 2nd-tier non-TM equip that F2P types can reasonably attain. i would not be holding my breath for items that put DPS units even further ahead.

Malakhov

Banned
Crap, we're leaving Friday for two weeks, we're going to Florida as family vacations for the holidays. Will miss the first raid event..aw well.

bonkeng

You and Valentus can be GM! Can I be an officer? :)

Hahaha. Let Val be the GM. He's the one who carried most of us, including me during my infant days lol.

We can be his lieutenants.

I really hope we'll have this feature im the future. At least it'll fun competing with Redditors, the Koreans, the Chinese etc.

Kouriozan

Probably because by the time hard trials will be available, his LB would be high enough to make it easier. And Japan is flooding in LB pots like they also have 10,000 exp pots.

Xion86

Question: How many legitimately good pulls have people received from a daily pull?

I stopped doing dailies a while back (Lightning banner for ludmille, which I didn't get) because all I was getting was trash and it was preventing me from building any lapis. But now I'm starting to question if losing a chunk of lapis in a few minutes with an 11 pull is really worth it. I currently have 20k lapis, none of which has been bought, but that could easily go in 4 11 pulls and nothing good is guaranteed to come out of those.

From Daily pulls I've had some pretty decent units...likes of Lightning, Chiz, Gaffgarion, Warrior of Light, Cecil, Kefka, Exdeath and more, some great TM ones too.

The raid event sounds great by the way! Looking forward to taking part.

From Daily pulls I've had some pretty decent units...likes of Lightning, Chiz, Gaffgarion, Warrior of Light, Cecil, Kefka, Exdeath and more, some great TM ones too.

Lucky you. I just did a daily.......freaking Lani for the 10th time. I should have just put that 250 towards tm farming.

Xion86

Lucky you. I just did a daily.......freaking Lani for the 10th time. I should have just put that 250 towards tm farming.

Oh yeah I've had absolute trash most the time, but every now and then you get a hidden gem and knowing that you can get such units makes me look forward to each daily pull...just in case :).

Rixa, I've never used Discord before but giving it a try now to see what it's like.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
DualWield: 92.1% (CoD)
Rising Sun: 78.5% (CoD)
DualCast: 65.5% (Refia)
Mag +30%: 72.5% (ExDeath)
Mag +30%: 37.7% (ExDeath)

My team is thisclose to a big, big jump. Meanwhile I'm cooking Chiz part time and considering my next set of TMs. Probably another DualWield, then Blade Mastery, Lordly Robes, Bracers.

My OP team in a month is probably CoD, ExDeath, Chiz, Refia, Cecil. Could do worse. :)

Syntsui

So I have 3 days to pull Sasuke on a daily? Well, at least I can start saving lapis for the player's choice banner of the next year.

Memu has been crashing a lot for me lately, anyone else experiencing this? Not in the normal way either, ends up saying that Brave Exvius has stopped responding. It had been running pretty stable till the most recent maintenance.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Memu has been crashing a lot for me lately, anyone else experiencing this? Not in the normal way either, ends up saying that Brave Exvius has stopped responding. It had been running pretty stable till the most recent maintenance.

Mine is 100% fine. I'm convinced all emulator problems are probably just memory issues.

tariniel

Finally some decent luck and daily pulled my first Chizuru.

I'm still strongly considering a few 11 pulls for Noctis but if I do that it won't be until the last day of the banner I think. I have around 7k lapis saved and I'll buy $100 trunk so that gives me... 4 11-pulls? Feels risky.

So, should I use my moogles on her for the TM? My Lightning can make good use of it, she already has the Sakura katana equipped. I have no better unit worth using moogles on right now IMO other than ones already in my TM team and I have 110% TM worth of moogles sitting here. I don't have Zidane or Maxwell, the only other unit I have that's 'moogle-worthy' is Ludmille and he's already at 74.3% TM just from Earth Shrine. Maybe the best strat is to wait until I decide if I'll do some whaling for Noctis as I might luck out with a Zidane or something during that.

Xion86

Crashes every night, but I think very late in the night as in the morning my NRG is quite low. Some nights it will randomly be fine. I'm using a pretty old laptop for it though.

Finally some decent luck and daily pulled my first Chizuru.

I'm still strongly considering a few 11 pulls for Noctis but if I do that it won't be until the last day of the banner I think.

So, should I use my moogles on her for the TM? My Lightning can make good use of it, she already has the Sakura katana equipped. I have no better unit worth using moogles on right now IMO other than ones already in my TM team and I have 110% TM worth of moogles sitting here. I don't have Zidane or Maxwell, the only other unit I have that's 'moogle-worthy' is Ludmille and he's already at 74.3% TM just from Earth Shrine. Maybe the best strat is to wait until I decide if I'll do some whaling for Noctis as I might luck out with a Zidane or something during that.

Blade Mastery is well worth the use of Moogles especially if you have Saku already.

Vamphuntr

Daily pull was a Gold. I thought it was going to be Chizuru but it was Lani haha

Back at 10K lapis so I'm good for the New Year pull.

I haven't played regularly in a long while and my account doesn't have any 4* bases, let alone 5* base units, so I decided to reroll an account. Got Noctis, Refia, and Garland. That should be a nice start right? Is Garland still a good unit?

Kouriozan

I haven't played regularly in a long while and my account doesn't have any 4* bases, let alone 5* base units, so I decided to reroll an account. Got Noctis, Refia, and Garland. That should be a nice start right? Is Garland still a good unit?

Yes Garland will be very good when he'll get his 6* in like 2 months.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Hmm... how much are you allocating to it? I think I am giving it like 8 GB but can't remember for sure.

I've never messed with the settings at all. I have it running on my laptop next to me while I work on my desktop. My laptop is a few years old and hasn't had a problem. My desktop is a 5-6 years old and crashed every time I even tried opening memu.

TLDR: try on a different device if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom