• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

Whoa. What if Ravashing Blow hits all?

Hoping Elza gets enhancements on Day 1.

Gunna enhance her first, then Lightning, then Lightning Returns, then whenever Cid get his... The DKC x 2.

I don't think any st has become an aoe, but thats some nice thinking ;P

Lyrian

Whoa. What if Ravashing Blow hits all?

Hoping Elza gets enhancements on Day 1.

Gunna enhance her first, then Lightning, then Lightning Returns, then whenever Cid get his... The DKC x 2.

Somewhat plausible on Ravishing Blow, perhaps a bit unlikely for the reason Tuffy said. Madness Rush RT-->ST is more likely than an AoE Ravishing Blow. I'm expecting a dark debuff to be tacked onto Ravishing Blow to synergize with her dark scythe.

Everyone gets 3 abilities enhanced, so Elza is likely: Dark Reaper, Ravishing Blow, Madness Rush.

As much as I'd like Elza to get Day 1 enhancements, I'm doubtful it will happen. She will be saved for the arrival of the BF-2 banner. When Elza's enhancements arrive, that will portend the arrival of 6* Tilith on Global.

Valentus

I don't think any st has become an aoe, but thats some nice thinking ;P

Bartz Wind Shear+2 becomes 700% AoE hybrid

So, my ultimate ramza for hero's rime+2!!

Ramza 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Magi Staff +25ATK+12MAG+70SPR
Left Hand: Aegis Shield +53DEF+25SPR+100%Petrify
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Rainbow Robe +45DEF/MAG/SPR+30%All element except Dark
Accessory 1: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Accessory 2: Arsha's Talisman +20%HP+10%DEF+10%SPR
Ability 1: Equip Staff Can equip Staves
Ability 2: Shard of Genius +20%SPR w/Staff +20%DEF w/Robe
Ability 3: Shard of Genius +20%SPR w/Staff +20%DEF w/Robe
Ability 4: Shard of Genius +20%SPR w/Staff +20%DEF w/Robe
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Carbuncle HP:3350 MP:5780 ATK:1940 DEF:3270 MAG:4450 SPR:6330
Total Stats: HP: 5616 MP: 288 ATK: 276 DEF: 459 MAG: 344 SPR: 555

Healing value in rime's healing: 1215~1033 HP for 3 turns
MP healing value in rime's healing: 59~50 MP for 3 turns

Enhancements exist because of power creep to keep rarer units relevant. Some form of this system exists in practically every gacha game in one form or another. Otherwise, eventually, new 3* units will become more powerful than ultra-rare 5* base units. So, periodically, the older units receive buffs to keep them relevant and to give players a reason to go after them if they show up on banners again.

In FFBE, enhancements are implements as a system where a player has to acquire gems to upgrade a unit. For now, and the foreseeable future, gems needed for upgrades are going to be an extremely limited and controlled resources. What is unique about FFBE's system, is that it does not allow a buyout of the upgrades via lapis. The whaliest of the whales can still only get one top-tier gem per event; the same as a F2P player.

This actually requires planning and thought by the player. The player can't just blindly throw resources at units. There will be very real opportunity costs at play here. Enhancing very expensive 5* units may lock off up more practical 4* unit awakenings, at least until more resources become available.

If valuable resources are truly indeed scarce, choices will be made and players will chart their own path through the enhancement system rather than everyone chasing a
BiS template. That said, obviously some enhancements will be more desired than others, which are factored into their prices. So, there will be some generally accepted enhancements that will be acquired by almost everyone.

But what's the point of spending the precious enhancement materials on units , for example lighting, to make her as strong as more currently released units, when you could enhance someone like Orlandu and make that already powerful unit even more so? In the future gumi can not be as stingy with the materials but as I'm understanding we shouldn't bank on making all our units stronger. We're going to be extremely selective.

I guess I answered my own question in that if you only have Lightning then enhance away. Depends entirely on who you have.

Syntsui

But what's the point of spending the precious enhancement materials on units , for example lighting, to make her as strong as more currently released units, when you could enhance someone like Orlandu and make that already powerful unit even more so? In the future gumi can not be as stingy with the materials but as I'm understanding we shouldn't bank on making all our units stronger. We're going to be extremely selective.

I guess I answered my own question in that if you only have Lightning then enhance away. Depends entirely on who you have.

You are right, there is no point wasting precious limited resourses on units that are relatively weak. This system was supposed to make bad characters viable, but why waste resourses on them when you could make your good units even better?

This may make sense for pople that don't have good units, but those people will miss the materials they wasted once they get the good units.

In FFBE, enhancements are implements as a system where a player has to acquire gems to upgrade a unit. For now, and the foreseeable future, gems needed for upgrades are going to be an extremely limited and controlled resources. What is unique about FFBE's system, is that it does not allow a buyout of the upgrades via lapis. The whaliest of the whales can still only get one top-tier gem per event; the same as a F2P player.

If that other post about how much they cost (100,000 event currency) is true, then it still rewards the whale far more than the f2p gamer. If the f2p isn't even getting bonus units to gain enough event currency, they'll have to forego practically all the other things to buy JUST for one of these single materials. And that's not just for one enchantment, it's a fraction of one. Finding out about this whole system is opening my eyes to what's going on. A lot of people, myself included did not realize what it takes and it'll be a rude awakening to others. Especially when they were counting on powering up their squad but realize that they really can't. At least not for a long, long , long time when new units are being released anyway. The entire enchantment system sounded cool at first but now I'm just focusing on the truly game breaking ones. Ramza. And I guess whoever else the community deems worthy.

Pejo

Ramza 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

Brb, just gonna look away and cry that I only got 1 Y'shtola from points on the raid, despite having enough of her specific TM moogles to 100% a full second one and 20% of a third.

That's a great build though. Big DEF, big SPR. Wonder if there's a way to put some sort of auto-target skill on him so he acts like a big lumpy tuba that absorbs hits and disperses buffs. Do we have any draw attacks TMs yet?

Muku

Was interesting news to wake up to this morning. Not sure how I feel about this Easter units being permanent though. Just means Freyvian or whatever would be trolling my Rainbows. Not to say they might not be good, but not what I'm looking for.

As for Enhancements, I look forward to it. Think Orland might be top of my list to worry about. (I assume his Enhancements in JP are good, correct?) But... will have to see how system plays out. It sounds like it'll be as horrible as I thought it would be with time/currency.

Right now I'm just bummed. My alt account, which I made to get over my main account back during first FFT event being so meh, has become the ultimate in shit. I spent all the tickets from this event, and the Ifrit Raid ranking, this morning. I use them pretty much when I get them at this point because I need any kind of love. Best thing I ended up with was Seven. Which isn't even all that useful and was a dupe anyway. I got two Rainbows at start (Delita and Gaffgarion.. fucking troll). Only true 5* on here though are Delita and Ace. Only reason I haven't dumped it is, despite not having the damage, I at least like my Delita. I've made him as awesome as I can with what I got.

Kind of at odds with what to do with the account. It's my play on the go account, so I'd probably never stop, but at same time, not having anything worth a crap is hard too.

SeanTSC

Ramza 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

Wouldn't Seria's TM be better than Y'shtola's? Given you had her anyways. Both are +20% SPR and DEF, but Seria's is +10% HP on top of that.

Muku

Hm, reading a little more... so money isn't involved with Global enhancements? Someone was talking about something else being required?

Not going to lie, don't want to sit through their boring video. :( I prefer bulletin points without watching long and drawn out video stuff.

Lyrian

Depends entirely on who you have.

Exactly. Otherwise, you are hording scarce resources for some prayer of a pull in the future, where you can be using them to help your current team to clear power creeped content. It's going to be a rough tradeoff, at least at first.

If that other post about how much they cost (100,000 event currency) is true, then it still rewards the whale far more than the f2p gamer. If the f2p isn't even getting bonus units to gain enough event currency, they'll have to forego practically all the other things to buy JUST for one of these single materials. And that's not just for one enchantment, it's a fraction of one. Finding out about this whole system is opening my eyes to what's going on. A lot of people, myself included did not realize what it takes and it'll be a rude awakening to others. Especially when they were counting on powering up their squad but realize that they really can't. At least not for a long, long , long time when new units are being released anyway. The entire enchantment system sounded cool at first but now I'm just focusing on the truly game breaking ones. Ramza. And I guess whoever else the community deems worthy.

Cost = Benefit, generally speaking.

Some enhancements don't take any of the rarest materials at all. On the other side of the scale, game-breakingly strong enhancements are extremely expensive and will take a month or two of saving to purchase.

At their release, enhancements will be scarce and difficult to acquire. Like all gacha systems, over time, enhancement materials will slowly begin to become more common. But, given JP's pace on this, that's going to be a long wait.

Going to have to carefully pick and choose enhancements on units for at least the first few months.

tuffymon

Hm, reading a little more... so money isn't involved with Global enhancements? Someone was talking about something else being required?

Not going to lie, don't want to sit through their boring video. :( I prefer bulletin points without watching long and drawn out video stuff.

I mean, under the more information they had everything they spoke about time stamped so you could skip to whatever you wanted to watch

Lyrian

Enhancible abilities can be upgraded twice (from level 0 --> +2). Units require a combination of colored gems (like megacrysts) and come in 5 tiers of rarity. Rarest (T5) can only be obtained from an event, usually 1 max per event for a very steep price. A combination of these five tiers of gems and gil are needed for each tier of enhancement.

List of all required materials/gil for all enhancements released to date on JP HERE.

Muku

I mean, under the more information they had everything they spoke about time stamped so you could skip to whatever you wanted to watch

But that's the point. Even if I know where it is, I don't want to watch. I'm tired of videos. But then again I'm more of a text person. Even when it comes to tutorials and all.

Enhancible abilities can be upgraded twice (from level 0 --> +2). Units require a combination of colored gems (like megacrysts) and come in 5 tiers of rarity. Rarest (T5) can only be obtained from an event, usually 1 max per event for a very steep price. A combination of these five tiers of gems and gil are needed for each tier of enhancement.

List of all required materials/gil for all enhancements released to date on JP HERE.

Thank you. Will take a look at that list in a moment. Sounds like something mostly skippable. Sounds crappy, but I think I'd rather just get 7* now.

Which actually brings up a point, if 7* come out, then what's the point of enhancements? Other than biding time. Because we all know damn well we're not taking shit units
Shadow
to bring them up to snuff but going to upgrade our good ones. Because why waste resources on fail they don't want to boost unless it requires ridiculous amounts of time and resources.

But that's the point. Even if I know where it is, I don't want to watch. I'm tired of videos. But then again I'm more of a text person. Even when it comes to tutorials and all.

Thank you. Will take a look at that list in a moment. Sounds like something mostly skippable. Sounds crappy, but I think I'd rather just get 7* now.

Which actually brings up a point, if 7* come out, then what's the point of enhancements? Other than biding time.

well since enhancements are tied to individual abilities 7 star doesnt really muck that up since it will be more about stat increases and new abilities i suppose

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Because if its living hell getting a base 5 now, i dont want to think how Many Virgins you must sacrifice to get a base 6

They said in JPN the rates may change,considering it. One of Two things will occur.

1. Either Base 6 replaces the 5 Star, and 5 star become more common. The rates are already low enough, Base 5 basically become Base 4 rates then, 4 Become 3,etc.

2. Or without changing anything. There will be no base 6 unit. What is the reason? Past Base 5 will become 7 over time. It doesn't hurt the previous stock then and they can continue to reuse their assets. While new more powerful ones are added in. Allows them to keep doubling dipping on past units ala Ramza. He came out sucking, but now he is god in JPN Meta.

tuffymon

Decided to look at ALL the enhancements, and this is how the breakdown was listed...

54 passive

67 weapon skill/ability spell

25 spell

41 buff

Randi and Soleil break the mold of the conventional normalcy of 3 enhancements with different skills being altered, with 5 each, Tidus gets a mention with 4.

Muku

Because if its living hell getting a base 5 now, i dont want to think how Many Virgins you must sacrifice to get a base 6

GAF should all get a free base 6*. This game has already taken enough away from ExviusGAF that we deserve it. ;_;

Also, when that initially happens, they'll probably let trolls happen. For their own evil purposes.

GAF should all get a free base 6*. This game has already taken enough away from ExviusGAF that we deserve it. ;_;

Also, when that initially happens, they'll probably let trolls happen. For their own evil purposes.

I can see it now. "Freaking Olive, Freaking Orlandu trolls! I don't need you, go AWAY! I need XYZ!"

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i have two equipment questions.

What type of Ability are preferred on Ling ? I got 4x Speed Plus on a Prior Event, worth using it on her or should i go for the standard +HP/MP stuff ?

...and about Yun...is it worth farming his TM Armor ? It would take forever but who knows when i will pull my next base 5* - so i will try to optimize him as much as possible. My goal is to use Thorned Mace + Kaiser Fist on him.

Yeah, we can blame JP for this :/. So this feature is not Global Exclusive.

Oh okay...guess this means i have to be a bit smarter about my pulls from now on if i wanna catch up to the Meta. Seems like i also have to start expanding equipment/item/unit slots again....difficult times ahead xD

Is the Tidus/Rikku the next big one for me f2players ? Still kinda sad that i didnt get Ysthola, because i had to sell all of her TM Moogles as well because of my full box.
Yeah. I'd seriously rather they not give anything than the uber shit they do right now. It's like WTF is this crap. Clogging up my inventory.

Wow. Such Crap. So Bad.

lol yeah...should at least give us something more useful like Star Quartz - but Potion ? Come on xD

Alkez

Ramza 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator

Wouldn't a Ribbon or Goddess's Protection be good to have? I've been using Ramza for a few weeks now and the one issue I've had is when his singing gets stopped by statuses. Obviously it's down to what the fight entails, but if we're talking about default sets then wouldn't that be better for blind runs?

Muku

lol yeah...should at least give us something more useful like Star Quartz - but Potion ? Come on xD

You know you need that Potion for the Gilgamesh fight!
LOL

Also... where is that comic where Rain and Cecil blind folks? Because holy shit. I just saw my first 6* Lasswell this morning, and he obviously didn't want to be outdone.

Lyrian

They said in JPN the rates may change,considering it. One of Two things will occur.

1. Either Base 6 replaces the 5 Star, and 5 star become more common. The rates are already low enough, Base 5 basically become Base 4 rates then, 4 Become 3,etc.

2. Or without changing anything. There will be no base 6 unit. What is the reason? Past Base 5 will become 7 over time. It doesn't hurt the previous stock then and they can continue to reuse their assets. While new more powerful ones are added in. Allows them to keep doubling dipping on past units ala Ramza. He came out sucking, but now he is god in JPN Meta.

I'd agree with both statements, as these have already happened (or are in the process of happening) in PAD.

PAD has been around so long, that power creep has rendered base 4* (silver egg) units there to be "garbage tier". Base 5* (gold egg) units are now easily pulled, with base 6* (diamond egg) units being the real chase units. Even that is being power creeped, as the newest pantheon of gods (second Three Kingdoms pantheon) just released are all listed as base 6*, when in reality they are standard base 5*s. Constantly moving goalposts, and all that.

In FFBE terms, I'd strongly agree with the second statement. There will be 5 -> 6 -> 7 long before there will ever be a need for 6 -> 7. New awakenings generate new abilities, while enhancements independently allow for the older units to be generally kept up with the meta as power creep moves on without the need for constantly rewriting the system.

Great example in PAD here (5 !!! re-writes of a unit's top evolve) of what happens when no enhancement system exists in game and a unit has to be constantly rewritten to keep up with power creep. Now this awakening/evolution path is a nightmare to navigate and will continue to get even worse over time.

So i have two equipment questions.

What type of Ability are preferred on Ling ? I got 4x Speed Plus on a Prior Event, worth using it on her or should i go for the standard +HP/MP stuff ?

...and about Yun...is it worth farming his TM Armor ? It would take forever but who knows when i will pull my next base 5* - so i will try to optimize him as much as possible. My goal is to use Thorned Mace + Kaiser Fist on him.

Oh okay...guess this means i have to be a bit smarter about my pulls from now on if i wanna catch up to the Meta. Seems like i also have to start expanding equipment/item/unit slots again....difficult times ahead xD

Is the Tidus/Rikku the next big one for me f2players ? Still kinda sad that i didnt get Ysthola, because i had to sell all of her TM Moogles as well because of my full box.

Ling has 40% base evade. You want to get her to 90-100% evade if possible. My Ling is going to be a little different. 1 20 sided die - 20% evasion, 3 Quick Assault - 30% evade total and 30% atk each and maybe a Hill Digger TM for 30% hp and atk. That new DW dagger with her own TM dagger and Orlandu's TM accessory Thunder God's Plan to give her abilities to use with dual wield for attacking. This is primarily for Arena but I'll use it in pve when she's not breaking.

Lyrian

all the way till all stats hit 9999

Why stop there? We already know unit HP can already exceed 10k and damage per hit can reach up into the billions (thanks divide by 0 bug).

Can't wait for the eventual 7* meta where units have 30-hit chainable combos for at least 5 million per hit in the combo to be considered relevant to the power creep at the time, lol.

I'm glad Ariana event is back. I was too new the first time so I didn't get much from it.

Hope they repeat more time-limited events in the future (SoM pls, at least the banner).

I got her but not all of her awakening materials to get to 6* so yeah, glad this is happening. How ashamed should I be, though, to admit ... I'm kinda just looking forward to replaying her level too. Really dug the remix in the background, fit in nicely as the sort of corny ass pop music that's become part of the regular FF games.

Muku

Did anyone bother to get the x5 1% Moogles? I don't plan on it but was curious.

Ended up buying First Strike and my Poaches a few moments ago. Completely done. Going to continue with event to sell the currency for money.

Purchased: White Staff, Battle Hoop, Durandal, Kiyomori, Crush Helm, Healing Waltz II, x12 Poach (I'm a hoarder), x3 Lifefont, First Strike, HP +15%, MAG +15%, all Remedy, all Y-Potion, all Mega Ether, all Phoenix Down, all Elixir, all Gigantaur (they're being stored until I get something note worthy), all Screamroot, all Fine Alcryst, all Star Quartz, all Megacite (ended up capping Diabolos so they're all 2* lv 40), all Sacred Crystal, all cheap 6* mats, all tickets, and the 30k Moogle.

I feel so accomplished. Especially since last one I skipped 99% of the shit. Kind of wish this had the 70k Moogle. Wanting to work on that second DW. :(

Will see how Easter event rolls. Have a few characters to level: Y'shtola, Minfilia, and probably Lasswell. (Probably should work on Nichol and Jake as well, right? For the story stuff?)

Ended up buying First Strike and my Poaches a few moments ago. Completely done. Going to continue with event to sell the currency for money.

Purchased: White Staff, Battle Hoop, Durandal, Kiyomori, Crush Helm, Healing Waltz II, x12 Poach (I'm a hoarder), x3 Lifefont, First Strike, HP +15%, MAG +15%, all Remedy, all Y-Potion, all Mega Ether, all Phoenix Down, all Elixir, all Gigantaur (they're being stored until I get something note worthy), all Screamroot, all Fine Alcryst, all Star Quartz, all Megacite (ended up capping Diabolos so they're all 2* lv 40), all Sacred Crystal, all cheap 6* mats, all tickets, and the 30k Moogle.

I feel so accomplished. Especially since last one I skipped 99% of the shit. Kind of wish this had the 70k Moogle. Wanting to work on that second DW. :(

I purchased 2. Sahz was 2% away from 100% and I already had 15k event currency....said to hell with and did the event a few more times to get that 2%.

Muku

I purchased 2. Sahz was 2% away from 100% and I already had 15k event currency....said to hell with and did the event a few more times to get that 2%.

I can understand the need for that. I'm tempted to do it for Ovelia, but not sure if worth it. In my initial run of 84 tickets and a 10+1 to get Orlandu and then a daily of her somewhere along the way, I've gotten 20 of her. I'm only 5% away from her Trust. But not sure it's really worth that. I wish we could combine Moogles up to a certain percentage. With my storing 100 Cactaur, just not really something I can do with a bunch of 1%s.

Pejo

Will see how Easter event rolls. Have a few characters to level: Y'shtola, Minfilia, and probably Lasswell. (Probably should work on Nichol and Jake as well, right? For the story stuff?)

I accidentally overfarmed the event just burning through stamina, so I ended up getting all 5. Terrible value, but I already had everything else and I'm already sitting on a considerable amount of stockpiled 6* awakening stuff, so I went for it.

Muku

I accidentally overfarmed the event just burning through stamina, so I ended up getting all 5. Terrible value, but I already had everything else and I'm already sitting on a considerable amount of stockpiled 6* awakening stuff, so I went for it.

Oh wow. :O Kind of hear you on that. By time I'd check once in a while I could buy multiple things. Not saving to sell for money? Or are you already Mr. Moneybags? Haha.

i opted to let my macro TM farm all weekend so i didnt need to be stuck to my phone much

will clear the story leading up to the event so im ready for grinding time

No moogles, battle hoop, staff or the Materia that restores HP and unit specific materia except Cid. Bought everything else including 10 poaches. Up to 199 of all 6* mats and have 60k currency at the moment so I may just buy the moogles or sell it. Depends what I get to doing the 13 NRG one 3 times a day the rest of the way.

Muku

No moogles, battle hoop, staff or the Materia that restores HP and unit specific materia except Cid. Bought everything else including 10 poaches. Up to 199 of all 6* mats and have 60k currency at the moment so I may just buy the moogles or sell it. Depends what I get to doing the 13 NRG one 3 times a day the rest of the way.

I wasn't going to buy staff, but said what the hell. Only 1k. Knowing my luck if I don't buy it now I'll need it somewhere down the line.

I was thinking initially about 10 Poaches as well. Then though about 20. But then felt like that would be overkill. 12 was my happy middle of the road spot. Watch them now make it so they don't stack. x_x

in the Town of Magi nation Mysidia there is a door at the beginning that I cant enter and I get the text: it is closed by a mysterious power

Is there a trick to get in there or is it not possible yet?

tuffymon

in the Town of Magi nation Mysidia there is a door at the beginning that I cant enter and I get the text: it is closed by a mysterious power

Is there a trick to get in there or is it not possible yet?

The wiki map explains it, one of them is an exit only door, and the other is the next key turn in location~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom