• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Not so keen on the Easter event but will keep a open mind and see what it turns out to be like, grind wise :).

Yeah I'm really not looking forward to mog cakes 2.0. Unless you have an abundance of time it really wasn't a practical event. We'll see how this one is. Hopefully it won't mean grinding explorations for ages again.

So... this dagger. It gives dual wield, but what's the point? The attack on it is shit. What would the benefit be in this case? I'd want to say maybe a caster that casts a spell twice due to dual wield... but wouldn't it be better to just get dual wield for them if that was the case? Is there something I'm missing?

I'm going to put it on Chizuru in my arena team. Phantom Shadow is strong enough that it should still hit for 999, especially after enhancements.

Yeah I'm really not looking forward to mog cakes 2.0. Unless you have an abundance of time it really wasn't a practical event. We'll see how this one is. Hopefully it won't mean grinding explorations for ages again.

I'm going to put it on Chizuru in my arena team. Phantom Shadow is strong enough that it should still hit for 999, especially after enhancements.

Well.. on one hand its a two week event so id expect the grind to be about what we have come to expect but they did showcase a shift of some kind for week 2 so that gives me hope

Malakhov

Banned
Week two is enhancements guys, was pretty clear with the images they gave us.

vpnrGgU.jpg

Those are enhancements materials shadows.

Kettch

Picked up Sparky this morning. That's one massive damage upgrade for Olive.

876 atk and I still need to work on a second Bracer, Doublehand and some atk% materias above 10%. Gonna be crazy after that.

wilstreak

So... Lightning is no longer a top tier character?

Well if you have Olive and you enhance Lightning Crushing Blow, it will give -75% lightning resistnce which would push Olive damage to new height.

Also it is not that hard to chain Olive True Shot with Lightning 2nd Crushing Blow. Only if you have Olive though.

So... Lightning is no longer a top tier character?

Shes still very very good but her old kit isnt aging well against other new five star bases

With enhancements she competes again but depending on the investment required I would only enhance her if you love Lightning as a character and want her in your team

Thats what is really cool about enhancements. That freedom to use your favorite characters again

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I do like how Enhancements are in this game. They are behind a timed wall, more than a pay wall. Need to use your limited resources careful and make sure it is either for a character you love or one you'll get mileage from.

Guess I should be happy of all the 5* units on the Orlandu I could have pulled, it was Ramza, but the pain won't go away.... FEAR IS HOW I FALL

Xion86

Well my TM farming has come to a bit of a halt :(

Does anyone use NoX for TM farming?

It was fine for ages, but recently I've been getting crashes every night where I think the game might be closing down or something. Or a pop up is happening. I will be greated with a black screen on the home menu of NoX and when I stop the macro it will show what it's stuck on. This morning was the Settings screen for Android, but usually it's the Google Play store asking me if I want to sign in with an existing or new account. I've also got all icons moved to another page so only Exvius is at the centre of the first page. Tried a re install NoX too.

Also, how the hell do you stop it downloading random games onto the home page (there will be 1 game on the "Today's Pick" icon at the bottom and another placed on the desktop), I'm not even signed in to Google Play (using Amazon App, but this will happen before the Amazon App is installed so it's definitely not that).

Very annoying.

Valentus

Guys , need help.

Can you put chirijiraden in your orlandus please? Along with excalibur

Just that, thank you buddies un advance!

Well my TM farming has come to a bit of a halt :(

Does anyone use NoX for TM farming?

It was fine for ages, but recently I've been getting crashes every night where I think the game might be closing down or something. Or a pop up is happening. I will be greated with a black screen on the home menu of NoX and when I stop the macro it will show what it's stuck on. This morning was the Settings screen for Android, but usually it's the Google Play store asking me if I want to sign in with an existing or new account. I've also got all icons moved to another page so only Exvius is at the centre of the first page. Tried a re install NoX too.

Also, how the hell do you stop it downloading random games onto the home page (there will be 1 game on the "Today's Pick" icon at the bottom and another placed on the desktop), I'm not even signed in to Google Play (using Amazon App, but this will happen before the Amazon App is installed so it's definitely not that).

Very annoying.

I use Nox and I get an app closure maybe once every 3 days or so. I make sure to restart Nox before I go to bed for overnight farming as it seems to have some leak. If I don't restart it before it's a 50/50 chance of me waking up to it trying to download something off the App Store.

LucaMac

Guys , need help.

Don't have one Val, apologies, otherwise I would. That event came soon after the mogcakes didn't it? The mogcakes nearly caused me to quit and that explore event directly after was mostly untouched on account of it. Not too excited about the upcoming event due to the similarities.

Guys , need help.

Sure! I'll get right on that after I pull an Orlandeau. So if you could just let Gumi know on my behalf that you need me to summon him for your experiment, that would be great.

Valentus

Everybody posting "i got orlandu!!! " "Daily
... Orlandu!" In the last 2 weeks and now that i ask for that orlandu abundance you think im trolling...

bonkeng

Guys , need help.

I'd like to help you out my friend, but I'm TM farming on Memu currently and I'm not home yet. I'll put it up later when I get home.

Pejo

Finished up some TM farming last night, my Noctis is now in the +900 attack club. Been a long time coming.

The only things left to make him better are another ATK+30% (I'm farming Wisdom and Quick Attack) and Bracer.

I'm trying to decide afterwards if I want to focus on raising TMs for Gilgamesh or Olive, which would you guys pick for a second damage character?

jnWake

I do like how Enhancements are in this game. They are behind a timed wall, more than a pay wall. Need to use your limited resources careful and make sure it is either for a character you love or one you'll get mileage from.

Guess I should be happy of all the 5* units on the Orlandu I could have pulled, it was Ramza, but the pain won't go away.... FEAR IS HOW I FALL

I like the timed concept of enhancements but it's a shame that they'll make them so hard to get when they do appear. 100k currency will be such a grind...

bonkeng

Finished up some TM farming last night, my Noctis is now in the +900 attack club. Been a long time coming.

The only things left to make him better are another ATK+30% (I'm farming Wisdom and Quick Attack) and Bracer.

I'm trying to decide afterwards if I want to focus on raising TMs for Gilgamesh or Olive, which would you guys pick for a second damage character?

Olive without question. Best damage dealer in the game.

Alkez

Agreed with Bonkeng.

Pejo

Cool, thanks. Looking at the unit calculator, it seems this is what I should be aiming for with her, and it's only using TMs of units I already have, without taking anything away from Noct:

Olive 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Sparky +120ATK+Lightning Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Monster Breastplate +12ATK/MAG+46DEF
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Doublehand +50% Equipment ATK
Ability 2: Wisdom +30%ATK +HP +20%
Ability 3: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 6311 MP: 237 ATK: 1169 DEF: 249 MAG: 165 SPR: 199

Am I missing anything?

Cool, thanks. Looking at the unit calculator, it seems this is what I should be aiming for with her, and it's only using TMs of units I already have, without taking anything away from Noct:

Olive 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Sparky +120ATK+Lightning Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Monster Breastplate +12ATK/MAG+46DEF
Accessory 1: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: Doublehand +50% Equipment ATK
Ability 2: Wisdom +30%ATK +HP +20%
Ability 3: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Ifrit HP:4500 MP:2200 ATK:5100 DEF:2800 MAG:2100 SPR:2100
Total Stats: HP: 6311 MP: 237 ATK: 1169 DEF: 249 MAG: 165 SPR: 199

Am I missing anything?

No other than Odin being higher ATK than Ifrit, but that really doesn't matter in the end.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I just realized that i havent spend Star Quartz on anything since playing this game.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Star_Quartz

Looking at this list....Man-Eater and the Holy Lance seems quite good...should i go for them ? Anyone here bought TM at 300 ? I mean its easier to get Star Quartz nowadays...but 300 seems too much for it.

Ling has 40% base evade. You want to get her to 90-100% evade if possible. My Ling is going to be a little different. 1 20 sided die - 20% evasion, 3 Quick Assault - 30% evade total and 30% atk each and maybe a Hill Digger TM for 30% hp and atk. That new DW dagger with her own TM dagger and Orlandu's TM accessory Thunder God's Plan to give her abilities to use with dual wield for attacking. This is primarily for Arena but I'll use it in pve when she's not breaking.

Thanks man.

Your setup sounds great, but its high end and sadly out of my reach. Im missing all these Premium TMs so i could only reach around 60% via Speed Plus and sacrificing all Ability slots.

I guess if you cant reach the 90-100% Evade mark it doesnt make much sense to go for a Evade build ? She would probably be better of with +20%MP/15%HP as a strict support unit on my end.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Got my 2nd DW last night (Yun) and am about to finish Kaiser Knuckles!

Anyone think I should have TWO Kaiser Knuckles for Yun?

Muku

Got my 2nd DW last night (Yun) and am about to finish Kaiser Knuckles!

Anyone think I should have TWO Kaiser Knuckles for Yun?

I kept two Xaio specifically get to mine two Kaister Knuckles. I don't think there isn't a reason not to get two? Someone correct me here if I'm wrong.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I kept two Xaio specifically get to mine two Kaister Knuckles. I don't think there isn't a reason not to get two? Someone correct me here if I'm wrong.

Honestly I just want the biggest punch I can land with Yun, since he's my only premier DPS other than Noctis.

Honestly I just want the biggest punch I can land with Yun, since he's my only premier DPS other than Noctis.

Yun is my main DPS unit and I have him set up with two kaiser knuckles and a champion's belt. That (plus a few other TMs) has him up to 866 ATK, which isn't too shabby. Once I get his Crimson Slayer TM and one of the Shine TMs, I'll have a 950+ ATK, which is starting to look respectable.

The only limitation to the set up is that the knuckles are wind based. So if something is wind resistant, Yun is pretty much kaputt.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
^yeah i wasn't going to say anything but Val you absolute fucker, reminding everyone who didn't get Orlandu!

Yun is my main DPS unit and I have him set up with two kaiser knuckles and a champion's belt. That (plus a few other TMs) has him up to 866 ATK, which isn't too shabby. Once I get his Crimson Slayer TM and one of the Shine TMs, I'll have a 950+ ATK, which is starting to look respectable.

The only limitation to the set up is that the knuckles are wind based. So if something is wind resistant, Yun is pretty much kaputt.

I never got Snow, so no champion's belt. And that wind resist problem was my thinking too -- but will just have to lean on Tamer's Whip and Thorned Mace for those days.

I never got Snow, so no champion's belt. And that wind resist problem was my thinking too -- but will just have to lean on Tamer's Whip and Thorned Mace for those days.

Indeed. The other thing I was thinking is that I could get Garlands "equip L sword" TM to have lying around and put on him for those times when a boss is wind resistant. That way I wouldn't sacrifice too much attack power.

tuffymon

I just realized that i havent spend Star Quartz on anything since playing this game.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Star_Quartz

Looking at this list....Man-Eater and the Holy Lance seems quite good...should i go for them ? Anyone here bought TM at 300 ? I mean its easier to get Star Quartz nowadays...but 300 seems too much for it.
I'd take a look at this list https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/medals as it shows all the shops, keep enough for the stuff you know you'll want, but going for Maneater now is good.

Is arena really 50/50 on who gets first turn?

It doesn't feel that way, that's for sure..

I had a battle last night that for round 1-9 (status afflicted >.>) they went first... A coin toss calculator said 1/512...

Muku

Is arena really 50/50 on who gets first turn?

It doesn't feel that way, that's for sure..

I feel like it's a 10% chance I get to go first. Just what it feels like. If that.

Unless it's a stupid TM farming group like 4 Ovelia and 1 Shine. Then they let me go first. Really? I don't need a leg up on that group. But I would like a leg up on that 2 Noctis, 1 Lightning, 1 Olive, and 1 Cecil group. Fff.

Xion86

Guys , need help.

Sorry was busy at work and didn't check the thread but done that now if you still need it.

I use Nox and I get an app closure maybe once every 3 days or so. I make sure to restart Nox before I go to bed for overnight farming as it seems to have some leak. If I don't restart it before it's a 50/50 chance of me waking up to it trying to download something off the App Store.

Well I only turn my spare laptop on for NoX before I go to bed. It's strange as it was fine for weeks and weeks, then suddenly I'll either nearly have full bar or full with my extra top up in the morning (like this morning where it failed to even get past 20 NRG or so). /rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom