• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Oh wow. :O Kind of hear you on that. By time I'd check once in a while I could buy multiple things. Not saving to sell for money? Or are you already Mr. Moneybags? Haha.

Had I read that enhancements were coming, I'd have probably sold them for gil, but yea, I never check GAF until mornings at work, so I have 5 1% moogles instead, lol.

I'm sitting on about 5 million right now, not really all that much, but I spend exactly 0 time/effort to make money.

Xion86

Grats on that, did you get the cool extra bonus during the last boss fight?
Having Gilgamesh show up and put a whooping on Exdeath and some extra combat talk

Hmm I didn't get this as far as I can remember, he only showed up on a Mini boss before the last fight which was at the save point. I played the PS1 port version on my Vita.

Busy day so only just caught up with the pages today.

Not so keen on the Easter event but will keep a open mind and see what it turns out to be like, grind wise :). Enhancements finally coming around is very cool though! But just sitting on 17 mil.

Urgh...getting owned in the Arena this week due to coming across stupidly high Evade teams, really makes the fight not so fun, but plain annoying to slug through the rounds (or just getting defeated).

Muku

Had I read that enhancements were coming, I'd have probably sold them for gil, but yea, I never check GAF until mornings at work, so I have 5 1% moogles instead, lol.

I'm sitting on about 5 million right now, not really all that much, but I spend exactly 0 time/effort to make money.

Hahaha, I hear that. I have about 5mil on my main right now. I don't even try. But I've got the stuff from Ifrit and I guess this event I can make some quick money off of. Just realized, even my alt is sitting at 3mil. Not bad. I know this will be nothing but pocket change though come Enhancements. (And to some others here already.)

As for Arena this week, I was wondering why everyone was trying so hard. Then I realized this morning: Atk pots.

My issue with Arena this week is fucking CoD EVERYWHERE. And they're always paired with a Noctis. Take your CoD/Noctis/Ling shit and gtfo. Srsly. I would love CNY shit to come back and it let me pull Ling the next time. I pulled everything BUT what I wanted -- Ling. Also, good to see everyone but me have Noctis. Ugh.

Screw it just gonna buy the 5 moogles. Will help me finish something a little faster. Sitting on 30M Gil and with the Snapper family coming it's probably not a big deal to make more.

Syntsui

Screw it just gonna buy the 5 moogles. Will help me finish something a little faster. Sitting on 30M Gil and with the Snapper family coming it's probably not a big deal to make more.

I think you have more than enough for all enhancements that are worth a shit, the problem will be the materials, which should take several months to get everything for a full enhanced team according to JP players here.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Not really sure what to make of the new event.

First, I'm happy a Mogcake style event is back. Gives reason to go through the story and content. Better without having to bake shit.

But the Lotto system with items, I'm a bit iffy about, but I'm hoping they will be generous with Cacturs and such.

The items are A1 prime for new players. But not very good for longer players. The blade is great for an easy DW. But I feel like the other three are a bit underwhelming. Basically, the Ruler Ring outclasses both tremendously and the other is just a weaker version of Black Cowl, which I'm good with.

One character looks to be purely thief utility and the other is a white mage. TM's don't look bad either, but the characters themselves don't look worth chasing.

Bartz Wind Shear+2 becomes 700% AoE hybrid

So, my ultimate ramza for hero's rime+2!!

Ramza 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Magi Staff +25ATK+12MAG+70SPR
Left Hand: Aegis Shield +53DEF+25SPR+100%Petrify
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Rainbow Robe +45DEF/MAG/SPR+30%All element except Dark
Accessory 1: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Accessory 2: Arsha's Talisman +20%HP+10%DEF+10%SPR
Ability 1: Equip Staff Can equip Staves
Ability 2: Shard of Genius +20%SPR w/Staff +20%DEF w/Robe
Ability 3: Shard of Genius +20%SPR w/Staff +20%DEF w/Robe
Ability 4: Shard of Genius +20%SPR w/Staff +20%DEF w/Robe
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Carbuncle HP:3350 MP:5780 ATK:1940 DEF:3270 MAG:4450 SPR:6330
Total Stats: HP: 5616 MP: 288 ATK: 276 DEF: 459 MAG: 344 SPR: 555

Healing value in rime's healing: 1215~1033 HP for 3 turns
MP healing value in rime's healing: 59~50 MP for 3 turns

Looking at this and getting sad...

Then pulls 3 tickets and grabs Rosalia #2. Equip Staff obtainable!

What? I have (4) Lenna and one is at 25% already? Magi Staff obtainable!

Have a Shard of Genius and Y'shtola #2 @ 80%? Shard #2 obtainable!

I have (7) Leo. Aegis Shiels obtainable!

Everything else? Nope. :(

I get get a damn good Ramza at least. Can't wait for his enhancements.

Edit - Finally got DoubleHand! 903 ATK Olive.

Never going to hit 1,000 ATK the rate I'm going lol.

mstevens

Hey does anyone have a level 80 Nichol I could use for a sec to get achievement in Invincible Exterior - Wings?

I just opened up 5 more friend slots, too: 576.267.377

Lyrian

Yup my plan is to finish the story this week

and hopefully pull Xon on Friday and get him ready to help me grind eggs

Ditto. That's the realistic plan at least. I'll trip over the white mage easily pulling for him and the event gacha should probably take care of their TMs.

Fryevia would be a nice perk, but not banking on landing her by any stretch of the imagination.

The event is going to be on its own map in the Vortex, per the announcement. It won't use the normal story mode maps, like MogCakes 1.0 did.

Also more Swami-like proclamations about the event:

-- Watch the dual wield knife require the rainbow egg from the raid gacha to craft. The rainbow egg has the same drop rate as Y'shtola from the FF14 event and there is no points this time around to guarantee one..... But wait! The "mysterious hidden vendor" will have exactly 1 for sale as a consolation prize for an absolutely ludicrous price that requires ~5 or more days of farming the exploration and saving points for it exclusively to afford.

-- Watch the event gacha rain 3* event moogles like crazy. Observe the moral panic and dilemmas that occur when players have 20 of Fryevia's TM moogle for an instant TM... but no Fryeja. Players SURELY won't want all those precious moogles to go waste, right? Think of the immediate power boost that would happen, if only you could pull a Fryevia....

So damn evil. Why are my gifts in life squandered on figuring this crap out ahead of time? /sigh

Celegus

The event is going to be on its own map in the Vortex, per the announcement. It won't use the normal story mode maps, like MogCakes 1.0 did.

Oh, must've missed that part. I thought we were going to be stuck in exploration hell again, so I guess that's not so bad then. I'm just glad the units aren't limited time only, because I really like their designs. Will be away this weekend so hoping it's fast enough to dump energy into, otherwise oh well I'll catch up later.

across

1) The event takes place across an exploration map [...]

Are you, uh, sure about this? This literally contradicts what the news banner says, as well as the FFBE video.

'By fighting through the regular story maps you will be able to get the metal eggs, that you will use for the event summons.'

To be honest, the way the news banner frames it is that by tapping the banner in the vortex, you opt-in to the metal egg event and it causes the world monsters to drop eggs either instead of, or along with, their normal materials. Or the vortex banner literally just takes you to the town, which is mechanically more likely.

There's no talk about PRO, ELT etc. difficulties at all, like a typical exploration event. The exploration, I think, may just be the town. I'm pretty sure this is Mogcakes 2.0 without the requirement that we spend lapis on crafting recipes.

Are you, uh, sure about this? This literally contradicts what the news banner says, as well as the FFBE video.

'By fighting through the regular story maps you will be able to get the metal eggs, that you will use for the event summons.'

To be honest, the way the news banner frames it is that by tapping the banner in the vortex, you opt-in to the metal egg event and it causes the world monsters to drop eggs either instead of, or along with, their normal materials. Or the vortex banner literally just takes you to the town, which is mechanically more likely.

There's no talk about PRO, ELT etc. difficulties at all, like a typical exploration event. The exploration, I think, may just be the town. I'm pretty sure this is Mogcakes 2.0 without the requirement that we spend lapis on crafting recipes.

You are correct. The wording of it is pretty clearly talking about the actual story maps. The vortex is probably the town as you said.

Edit: The last part does mention a dungeon however in the vortex though so who knows.

Lyrian

Oh, must've missed that part. I thought we were going to be stuck in exploration hell again, so I guess that's not so bad then. I'm just glad the units aren't limited time only, because I really like their designs. Will be away this weekend so hoping it's fast enough to dump energy into, otherwise oh well I'll catch up later.

Hrmm..... I think your right. The exploration may simply just be the "home base" launching point and nothing more.

In that case, it is literally MogCakes 2.0, with only the substitution of the event gacha for the mogcake recipe boxes.

Welp, Snowy Woods and Magic Library explorations it is for the next two weeks then.

Thanks for the catch on that one!

Lyrian

You are correct. The wording of it is pretty clearly talking about the actual story maps. The vortex is probably the town as you said.

Edit: The last part does mention a dungeon however in the vortex though so who knows.

That's where I was confused.

I **think** at this point, that the dungeon vortex reference is just a copy/paste issue referring how to get to the Egg Seekers town to start the event.

Muku

So... this dagger. It gives dual wield, but what's the point? The attack on it is shit. What would the benefit be in this case? I'd want to say maybe a caster that casts a spell twice due to dual wield... but wouldn't it be better to just get dual wield for them if that was the case? Is there something I'm missing?

tuffymon

So... this dagger. It gives dual wield, but what's the point? The attack on it is shit. What would the benefit be in this case? I'd want to say maybe a caster that casts a spell twice due to dual wield... but wouldn't it be better to just get dual wield for them if that was the case? Is there something I'm missing?

Damaging skills would still trigger twice, same with breaks... its super low dmg, but that doesn't make it useless. Let's not forget it doesn't take an accessory or materia slot either.

It's probably BEST for the newest people who rerolled and don't have any dual wields whatsoever after rolling for Orlandu.

Lyrian

Been refreshing every few minutes and you just popped up. Got it, thanks!

Great! Glad I could help out :)

Let me know when you need a Jake for Mysidia missions and I'll throw him up for use.

Well.... yeah.

It's a poor-person's Dual Wield. The real Dual Wield of course is going to be better.

Still, there are functional applications for the dagger, such as triggering two attempts at landing a status effect or a break on an enemy from a single unit. (I'm looking at YOU, ELT Ifrit; ugh that was such a pain in the ass.)

Lesser Dual Wield is at least better than no Dual Wield at all?

EDIT: Beaten by Tuffymon and Ken :)

NomarTyme

Damaging skills would still trigger twice, same with breaks... its super low dmg, but that doesn't make it useless. Let's not forget it doesn't take an accessory or materia slot either.

It's probably BEST for the newest people who rerolled and don't have any dual wields whatsoever after rolling for Orlandu.

Yep. I don't need to waste a dual wield on a guy like WoL when I was using him for the Ifirt raid event.

Muku

That's what is getting me. Damage would be low, so while I don't think it's useless, doesn't seem amazing either. I know that it's not a TM or take a slot, but the trade off for when you do put it in a slot is it's worthwhile.

Seems worse than a poor mans dual wield. With this you effectively get DW, but you lose a lot to not remove a slot. I dunno. I guess that is where I don't see benefit. (I guess I can see it for breaks, but I dunno at same time, not really. Unless they're only there for said reason.)

With that said though, you'd never be able to put it in the off-hand, correct? Because it'd have to be main hand so that you can get an off-hand. I know for some games that matters what is in your MH vs OH. Is that case here?

tuffymon

With that said though, you'd never be able to put it in the off-hand, correct? Because it'd have to be main hand so that you can get an off-hand. I know for some games that matters what is in your MH vs OH. Is that case here?

Ya know, I'm not 100% on this, because, if you take off your shield and weapon, you CAN start with your weapon in the other side, than put the shield in the opposite side, making you a lefty or righty... so maybe you can offhand it?

Muku

Ya know, I'm not 100% on this, because, if you take off your shield and weapon, you CAN start with your weapon in the other side, than put the shield in the opposite side, making you a lefty or righty... so maybe you can offhand it?

Oh, now that's interesting. I never tried reverse. Probably because I think like a true righty. XD

across

Kind of rude to quote myself, but here's my thoughts on the dagger:

The dagger is useful for DW breaks (which Ifrit kindly demonstrated the importance of), new accounts, and unlucky accounts. Should be useful on Rem; I don't know if her drain attacks are considered proper attacks for the purpose of Dual Wield doubling or not, but it allows you to double dip from her +50% MAG/SPR with dagger bonus and then offhand a staff or rod (or Fryevia's sword... ?!) as you see fit. Likely be higher stat benefit than the dagger from the Type-0 3 event.

tuffymon

Oh, now that's interesting. I never tried reverse. Probably because I think like a true righty. XD

It kinda makes sense, since not every character is a righty, ff4 had specific on a few, and ff6 you could make someone either (or both if you dual wielded). Guess someone will find out on Friday?

Kettch

That's what is getting me. Damage would be low, so while I don't think it's useless, doesn't seem amazing either. I know that it's not a TM or take a slot, but the trade off for when you do put it in a slot is it's worthwhile.

Seems worse than a poor mans dual wield. With this you effectively get DW, but you lose a lot to not remove a slot. I dunno. I guess that is where I don't see benefit. (I guess I can see it for breaks, but I dunno at same time, not really. Unless they're only there for said reason.)

Having dual wield allows you to attack twice, so if you go from having no dual wield to using this dagger you'll double your damage output (plus a little more from the 5 atk).

Obviously you'd rather use a dual wield materia most of the time if you have it, since you'll get another 100+ atk that way with a better weapon, but this is really nice for people who don't have DW and could also find some niche uses for those who do.

I'm happy they're adding it in, because dual wield is the biggest power jump in the game. Nice that it'll no longer be locked behind a rare summon and TM.

across

I thought this was covered here but I may be misremembering since I can't find it - don't make the mistake of looking at it as a dead weapon.

If you're using the dagger to pick up Dual Wield, you have an ability slot free. If that ability slot is then filled with a 30% ATK materia, then you are gaining 30% ATK to both hands. Depending on the unit's base ATK and whatever weapon you're giving up, that may be competitive, better, or worse, but it isn't an open and closed case. Gotta look at the numbers for the situation to evaluate correctly. I still think it's a little more tilted towards new/fresh accounts because anyone with enough ATK+30% materia to spare is likely to have some TM weapons and Dual Wields lying around anyway, but...

Kouriozan

To make you feel better, Lightning would (should) be one of the first to get a 7* upgrade.
In before they release Valkyrie Lightning

Rixa

^^

My Lightning is in Arena team, spamming Area Blast. Also was part on Ifrit Pro team spamming Crushing Blow as chaining purposes. But yeah, Iam sorry for the pull :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom