• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

I always say on Sundays that I miss discussing NFL on Sundays so I'll bring up some off topic sport: Is anyone currently watching The Masters? It's looking to be a close finish as always.

But back to BE. The more I look at Ayaka the more I feel like I have to pull her. She is the total support package. I'm not looking forward to the day she drops.

Outside of her and Rem are there any other units with ReRaise?

The arena has turned into an exercise in getting 5 victories per day and staying around rank 70,000. It's right up there with "kill Shiva twice" and "craft a potion."

Lool I hear that.

I think I've reached my final conclusion about Xon''s Master Thief skill.

Interesting information Lyrian. Not going to lie, I feel like they're going to just put all the gems in the common loot drop. Make us think Xon is useful and watch us all try to pull him, then hit us with the sucker punch. Sounds like classic Gumi to me lol.

Shouta

I always say on Sundays that I miss discussing NFL on Sundays so I'll bring up some off topic sport: Is anyone currently watching The Masters? It's looking to be a close finish as always.

But back to BE. The more I look at Ayaka the more I feel like I have to pull her. She is the total support package. I'm not looking forward to the day she drops.

Lool I hear that.

Interesting information Lyrian. Not going to lie, I feel like they're going to just put all the gems in the common loot drop. Make us think Xon is useful and watch us all try to pull him, then hit us with the sucker punch. Sounds like classic Gumi to me lol.

Hunter Fina, Rikku, and Prishe off the top of my head.

across

Xon''s Master Thief skill.

Checks out with my initial assumption upon seeing that Master Thief's skill description was literally the same as Treasure Hunter's, just with the word "rare" added in.

As for its effect on enhancement gems, while we're not going to know for a while, this post from Rozaliin over on Reddit about the Raven's Manteau (reward for getting all keys, increases enhancement gem drop rate) made me doubt there will be any meaningful change to drop rates from these abilities.

You could argue that Locke and/or Xon are not 'free' in the way that the accessory is, but the fact that it was changed that you would "think of it as a good luck charm" suggests they want minimal, if any, influence on the intake of gems.

In other words, don't get your hopes up and you won't be disappointed. Words to live by, unfortunately.

Celegus

Don't even know what sport that's referring to without googling, heh. The only sport I care about is Heroes of the Storm HGC, which I just got tickets to Blizzcon for the grand finals in November and am psyched out of my mind for!

Was at the local anime/japanese culture convention this whole weekend, so I didn't get to play much Exvius. Don't really need much from this egg stuff anyway so not a big deal.

c-murph

Checks out with my initial assumption upon seeing that Master Thief's skill description was literally the same as Treasure Hunter's, just with the word "rare" added in.

As for its effect on enhancement gems, while we're not going to know for a while, this post from Rozaliin over on Reddit about the Raven's Manteau (reward for getting all keys, increases enhancement gem drop rate) made me doubt there will be any meaningful change to drop rates from these abilities.

You could argue that Locke and/or Xon are not 'free' in the way that the accessory is, but the fact that it was changed that you would "think of it as a good luck charm" suggests they want minimal, if any, influence on the intake of gems.

In other words, don't get your hopes up and you won't be disappointed. Words to live by, unfortunately.

My team of five, level 80 Lockes never felt like it did anything anyways. Any one want to try a team of 5 Xons?

Lyrian

My team of five, level 80 Lockes never felt like it did anything anyways. Any one want to try a team of 5 Xons?

If you think about the order of logic in the rolling sequence I wrote above, you can see how these units can give these significant buffs and yet do very little in the long run at the same time.

Let's toss an example out there to illustrate.

-- Assume that the player is using a team of Lockes and Xons, with a massive bonus to rolling on the rare table. Player enters the Vortex of Gems.

Using the logic above:

-- Check 1: Does the enemy drop a gem? Let's assume the dice roll was made and the answer is yes.

-- Check 2: Which loot table is rolled upon? The army of thieves is powerful enough to guarantee a 100% chance to roll on the rare loot table with all of the multipliers. Great!

-- Check 3: Which item drops?

And here is where the "fix" is in from Gumi.

Hidden in the background, behind Gumi's DM screen, lies the following loot table:

** T4 gems (8 colors, at 1% each)
** T3 gems (8 colors, at 8% each)
** T2 gems (8 colors, at 3.5% each)

Player is looking for a shiny red T4 gem for offense. But wait.... the loot table says that the odds of getting a red T4 gem is 1%.

And there it is. Xon and Locke can do all of their wonderful things, and only have a minimal impact on the loot roll itself. If the rare loot table odds are rigged against the player (and they **will** be), nothing in the world is going to meaningfully help out in a massive way.

All anyone has to do is look back at Y'shtola draw rates. Reddit had such a massive sample size that the rare table odds were realistically pegged at 12.5%. Players had to make that roll to get a chance for the 1% rainbow roll on the unit draw table, which generated normalized odds of 1 in 800.

In the end, no matter what buffs players receive, Gumi can always just tweak the odds to ensure that the outcome is always the same... except that players have to keep jumping through hoops to end up in the same position they were before the "buff" happened.

Speaking from first-hand experience from a past life as a tabletop DM. Those were the days ;)

Lool I hear that.

Sorry I was late to this, I was watching The Masters haha. Glad Sergio won, great 1v1 battle on the final 4 holes.

Also 2nd Fry TM done. Woohoo.

tuffymon

I finally caught up~ I was out of town and literally just burning spare energy on vortex >.>; Anyhow, I didn't see it mentioned in any certainty after being brought up Thursday? After making the dagger, I found out that you can indeed put the second knife in the offhand, and the stronger weapon in the main hand.

Shouta

It took me two hours but I finally beat that damn robot boss in JP and got all the rewards on one run. I went the long (Left Arm -> Right Arm -> Body) route because of how stable it is. All I had to do was press repeat after my actions were setup and occasionally use Gilgamesh's dispel attack materia to debuff it. I had to focus a little more when it got down to just the body though as it has a super powerful attack at various HP gates that you can reduce with water attacks.

Now I gotta do the damn moon and the stupid ice bird.

Lucreto

Bah, I am stuck at the Airship Factory Guardian battle. I can't even get past the first battle in that round.

Any tips or party suggestions?
My team consists of 4*Fang at max level, 4* Vivi at max level, 4* Maria at max level, Rain and Lasswell both *5 level 60.

Rixa

Bah, I am stuck at the Airship Factory Guardian battle. I can't even get past the first battle in that round.

Can you use friend unit there?

If so, what is your in game name? -> Toss me a fr ID: 147,899,569

Use my units skill "Wild Card" To every mob, you can also use my unit LB (Jackpot Shot).

If you can't use friends. Toss me a friend request.

fionel

It took me two hours but I finally beat that damn robot boss in JP and got all the rewards on one run. I went the long (Left Arm -> Right Arm -> Body) route because of how stable it is. All I had to do was press repeat after my actions were setup and occasionally use Gilgamesh's dispel attack materia to debuff it. I had to focus a little more when it got down to just the body though as it has a super powerful attack at various HP gates that you can reduce with water attacks.

Now I gotta do the damn moon and the stupid ice bird.

All the bosses since the robot have become a major pain in the ass in one way or another. They either take way too much time or with gimmicks that really force you to use specific setups with very little leeway for mistakes. I got lucky with the icebird last week coz a friend lent me his Mystia to act as magic tank but I still had to reset dozens of times just to have the proper party members survive its preemptive attack :(

Hopefully the new boss in tomorrow's update will bring back the fun again!

Shouta

All the bosses since the robot have become a major pain in the ass in one way or another. They either take way too much time or with gimmicks that really force you to use specific setups with very little leeway for mistakes. I got lucky with the icebird last week coz a friend lent me his Mystia to act as magic tank but I still had to reset dozens of times just to have the proper party members survive its preemptive attack :(

I hate that the ice bird is kind of luck based, it's a bit silly but on the other hand, if you get lucky, it's not a long, grueling fight like Aigaion is, lol. I haven't really tried the Moon yet. I'll need more magic power to get it done, I think. However, considering both don't have particularly amazing rewards, I'm not in a rush. The Moon has a better reward than the Birds though, lol.

I'm just glad I now have the Arm and the Marital Arts mastery. When Prishe gets enhancements or a strong Monk unit comes, I'll be ready. Please Sabin get a great 6-star form. ;_;

fionel

I hate that the ice bird is kind of luck based, it's a bit silly but on the other hand, if you get lucky, it's not a long, grueling fight like Aigaion is, lol. I haven't really tried the Moon yet. I'll need more magic power to get it done, I think. However, considering both don't have particularly amazing rewards, I'm not in a rush. The Moon has a better reward than the Birds though, lol.

I'm just glad I now have the Arm and the Marital Arts mastery. When Prishe gets enhancements or a strong Monk unit comes, I'll be ready. Please Sabin get a great 6-star form. ;_;

The tricky thing about the moon is you need magic users who are proficient with multiple elements for its first phase and another one with a powerful magic ability that is not magic (wtf right) coz it has a magic counter capable of wiping your party in the 2nd phase. I didn't have someone like that so I had to rely on a friend too. On top of all that you need to make sure to kill off the moon and all its little moons in a single turn at the end so you will need a single target non-magic magic ability as well. I remember having to reset so many times to get their hp just right.

Can't believe you just done Robot considering you have Prische hehe. Whenever there's a new trial I just have to get it out of my system to finish it ASAP or I'll be thinking about how to beat it all day!

fionel

I get what they were trying to do with the icebird. I mean at this point how many more ways they make a new boss more interesting without being impossible to beat right? So making a boss like this where it's do or die is a fairly interesting idea on paper, but the luck element is way too much unless you have the perfect set up for it. I really hope the future bosses will actually be fun to fight like the ones between Gilgamesh and the Dark Summons.

sasuke_91

Ehh...

gIZT0WK.jpg

NqdxWH3.jpg

Pretty decent pull, I guess o.o
First time I got a rainbow unit, and it's even 2 in a single pull.

Kouriozan

I guess it'll be time for Gumi to fix that instant win glitch for Global or a lot more people will use it.
Hint :
It's about using both emulator and mobile version

So reddit is saying Xon is the best evasion tank right now......amazingly enough I pulled him this morning after another failed daily, went and bought the 300 lapis bundle and used that ticket to get him. Sadly, no gigantuars right now.

Alkez

Don't even know what sport that's referring to without googling, heh. The only sport I care about is Heroes of the Storm HGC, which I just got tickets to Blizzcon for the grand finals in November and am psyched out of my mind for!

Ah nice. I would like to go this year but I don't have enough money for flights and stuff. Maybe next year will be my year.

Sorry I was late to this, I was watching The Masters haha. Glad Sergio won, great 1v1 battle on the final 4 holes.

Also 2nd Fry TM done. Woohoo.

I thought he choked it when he missed the final putt, but he managed to remain composed in the playoff. Was a really good final round.

So reddit is saying Xon is the best evasion tank right now......amazingly enough I pulled him this morning after another failed daily, went and bought the 300 lapis bundle and used that ticket to get him. Sadly, no gigantuars right now.

Dude I actually had this idea when Xon's skill list was datamined because he has a 100% draw move that lasts 2 turns and would make a good ender, but he also has an 80% chance to not get targeted. I asked on the reddit help thread if it was like Noctis' fish because then it would lower everyone to 0% chance to be targeted so he would still win out, but people said it was like regular provoke so it doesn't work.

Edit: Yeah apparently it's not 100% https://feen.us/wyzbma.gif

Celegus

Ah nice. I would like to go this year but I don't have enough money for flights and stuff. Maybe next year will be my year.

Yeah I'm sure that's a good bit of money from the UK. I missed out on the first batch, but luckily grabbed a pair in the second batch, which also promptly sold out in 30 seconds.

I thought he choked it when he missed the final putt, but he managed to remain composed in the playoff. Was a really good final round.

Dude I actually had this idea when Xon's skill list was datamined because he has a 100% draw move that lasts 2 turns and would make a good ender, but he also has an 80% chance to not get targeted. I asked on the reddit help thread if it was like Noctis' fish because then it would lower everyone to 0% chance to be targeted so he would still win out, but people said it was like regular provoke so it doesn't work.

Well damn. The gif says it all.

Menchi

Bleh, this event has put me off playing every day. It reminds me too much of Mogcakes, but with added nuisance of RNG & crafting.

Still, least I've got myself up to date with the story now, and a decent amount of Lapis for the next big banner. Also, kind of annoyed at the main mission clear reward no longer being Lapis but random items...

Valentus

Xon has concealed that reduces the target chance in 80%, so that +100% target chance is not a big deal actually.

The target % is still something unclear, but the only thing that is sure is that the only way to get 100% is draw attacks + provoke.

Noctis Fish is a special case because that provoke works different that the normal formula.

Edit: Now, if that skills overwrites Concealed, then i think that is what happens (my theory of how targeting works)

You have a party of 6 units. None of the units has camouflage or something like that.

Each unit has a 16,7% chance of being targeted.

Xon activates Rash Impulse. He gains + 100% chance of being targeted, so that means that 16,7% is now 33,33% chance of being targeted, and the other 66,64% splits evenly on the other units.

That means for those 2 turns the chances of being targeted are:

Xon: 33,33%
Unit 2: 13,33%
Unit 3: 13,33%
Unit 4: 13,33%
Unit 5: 13,33%
Unit 6: 13,33%

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Bleh, this event has put me off playing every day. It reminds me too much of Mogcakes, but with added nuisance of RNG & crafting.

Still, least I've got myself up to date with the story now, and a decent amount of Lapis for the next big banner. Also, kind of annoyed at the main mission clear reward no longer being Lapis but random items...

I think the event is great as in, it's a drastic break from the typical event. Three issues though.

1. We have a third grind event in a row. Raid, Mogking, Egg.
2. The rewards are pretty shite. The dagger and hat are alright, but specifically they should have either of made the pots and everything more common. Or offer a second summon pool with just the enhancement and selling stuff.
3. The crafting aspect is sort of worthless. Should have been a straight trade in

c-murph

I think the event is great as in, it's a drastic break from the typical event. Three issues though.

2. The rewards are pretty shite. The dagger and hat are alright, but specifically they should have either of made the pots and everything more common. Or offer a second summon pool with just the enhancement and selling stuff.
3. The crafting aspect is sort of worthless. Should have been a straight trade in

This event is ass. I'm only running it because of the daily conditions and of the amount of esper exp I'm getting from eggs. I guess I could up my craft count too when I feel up to it. Be nice to get those three trophies out of the way.

Saving all my tickets now for Rikku and Ayaka... Maybe Cloud because Cloud.

RedZaraki

Banned
Any consensus on best unit to feed Burst Pots for Limit break leveling after Cecil?

People say Exdeath, but I doubt he'll be on my A squad in the long term.

Any consensus on best unit to feed Burst Pots for Limit break leveling after Cecil?

I have a hard time investing any resources in Mages right now. I took Exdeath out of my squad for an event a couple weeks ago and he hasn't made it back in yet.

Noctis?

Malakhov

Banned
Guys, if you're sharing Xon for this event, make sure to put an esper with osmose on him for the exploration maps. It's annoying to throw ethers at him ;)

Thanks!

Kettch

The crafting rewards are bad, but everything else is actually great.

1/6th trust mastery grind
Gil Snappers and Cactuars
Occasional Limit Break potions
Tons of Megacites
5% Trust Moogles for Aiden
Solid Rank XP

It would probably still be worthwhile at half of that. I'm definitely farming until I get a Vestment at least, maybe 2 of them. For anyone that has Fryevia it's nuts.

I have a hard time investing any resources in Mages right now. I took Exdeath out of my squad for an event a couple weeks ago and he hasn't made it back in yet.

Noctis?

I went against the grain and give them all to Noctis. He's currently sitting at 16/25. Almost there!

Malakhov

Banned
The crafting rewards are bad, but everything else is actually great.

1/6th trust mastery grind
Gil Snappers and Cactuars
Occasional Limit Break potions
Tons of Megacites
5% Trust Moogles for Aiden
Solid Rank XP

It would probably still be worthwhile at half of that. I'm definitely farming until I get a Vestment at least, maybe 2 of them. For anyone that has Fryevia it's nuts.

It's all good on paper if you're lucky in the pulls. I am barely getting any cactuars or moogles so far. I've seen people get trusts! I have shitload of eggs though :/

c-murph

I went against the grain and give them all to Noctis. He's currently sitting at 16/25. Almost there!

My Cecil is at 23/25... By the time he gets to 25/25, he's going to be off the team for WoL.

The only other character I leveled to max was Fencer ( :( 6* plz Gumi).

Not sure who do to next... RIkku? If I had Garnet I'd do her.

Guys, if you're sharing Xon for this event, make sure to put an esper with osmose on him for the exploration maps. It's annoying to throw ethers at him ;)

Thanks!

Which ones have Osmose? I'll probably do mine up tonite... if I have the proper 6* materials that is. Not sure what my supplies are looking like atm.

Malakhov

Banned
Which ones have Osmose? I'll probably do mine up tonite... if I have the proper 6* materials that is. Not sure what my supplies are looking like atm.
Diabolos and Ramuh.

But if he's leveled it's not a problem. I'm talking about people sharing him not leveled as a 4*, too low on mps :)

Malakhov

Banned
Ah,k. Odin is almost at lv.40. Hopefully I can get Ramuh up to Lv.40 too by the end of this event.

You dont have to max him to get osmose :)

I am fighting the urge to do a 10+1 pull to try and get xon. He's not a must have unit but I'd still like to have him.

bonkeng

My Cecil is at 23/25... By the time he gets to 25/25, he's going to be off the team for WoL.

The only other character I leveled to max was Fencer ( :( 6* plz Gumi).

Not sure who do to next... RIkku? If I had Garnet I'd do her.

WoL won't completely outclass Cecil on his initial awakening. Cecil will still see some use as a top class tank/healer if you need one.

Malakhov

Banned
WoL won't completely outclass Cecil on his initial awakening. Cecil will still see some use as a top class tank/healer if you need one.

Yeah it was my belief that they both have different roles and are needed in certain situations. Even the two of them sometimes.

Valentus

Did you know that yshtola lb mitigate 20% damage for 1 turn? Just like Golem

And un lvl 25 mitigate 54% damage

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Did you know that yshtola lb mitigate 20% damage for 1 turn? Just like Golem

And un lvl 25 mitigate 54% damage

If you have Noctis, I would suggest him first. Largely because Cecil and Yoshi have competition for their spots with WoL and Tilith breathing down their neck soon. Noctis takes Cecil's LB and slaps it on a high damage move for a character whose spot is largely ensured for a long time.

Malakhov

Banned
Those 100% TMed units are annoying, they're driving me mad seeing all thouse doubles and triples and quadruples. Did they ever give a reward in handing them over in jp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom