• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
I might also add that I run it on my home computer and check on it from time to time with chrome remote desktop on my mobile phone to see if everything is going smooth.

Malakhov

Banned
Thanks!

Been having problem with TM farming lately. Nox always crashed in less than 2hrs. Memu is a little better as sometimes it'll last the whole night.
Np. I tried a few and this one seems pretty good. I've been TM farming extensively the past week, threw around 2k lapis in all I think. I want to get the big ones out of the way.

Muku

Sweet. Got the Second Knife done. Gave that to Yun while I'm working on his Dual Wield.

Also, I think that is all I want. Though, think I'm going to make Radiant and Magical Eggs for my team. Pump out a bunch to replace some basic stuff. And for future team members. (Plz update Garland to 6* already. Damnit.)

I love when you click on an Arena opponent and the unit you saw doesn't appear.... when it's something like Noctis. (I hate when it's a push-me-over and something badass is in place.) Chose a Noctis. Got 5 Cecil's instead. This could be good... or this could be the longest fucking Arena battle ever. Wait, scratch that. Noctis WAS in there. Just behind all the Cecils. LOL. Round 1.... all Cecil's dead and Noctis by himself. Bye bye jackass.

OMG you guys. I've gotten several golds for dailies on this banner with main. None of which have been Xon. First Gold daily pull on it with my alt and Xon. ;_; Thank you RNG Gods. It's still not a rainbow, but I'll take it.

Visceir

Guessing the new JP story event will be Chizuru family related as well with the new banner units steering in that direction too.

Syntsui

Gold daily fucking finally!!!!! COME TO ME XON!!!!!

*Turns to Rainbow*

Oh for fuck's sake, I just want Xon....

*Becomes a DUPE Dark Fina*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Xion86

*Turns to Rainbow*

I'd love a Dark Fina! Mainly because I've got SO many MAG pots I need to use on someone :(

Seems like my NoX is back on track and running fine throughout each night which is cool. Nearly got that second Quick Assault.

Alkez

Daily: Ovelia.

Seems my short spell of luck has run out and I'm back to drawing units from the previous banner. Would appreciate a random Orlandu gumi.

Blue>yellow>rainbow Dark Veritas. Finally after 150+ pulls without a rainbow. One of the units I was desperately pulling for also, so I'm a happy camper right now.

Daily and Ticket bundle:

Hyate
Penelo

Why can't I pull even a 3* banner unit? So annoying. He is the only one I want, and for the TM since I have his Moogles lying around.

I think after wasting so much Lapis for nothing I'm going to stop pulling. It seems like they butchered the rates because they give us the Moogles.

Ken

Daily and Ticket bundle:

Hyate
Penelo

Why can't I pull even a 3* banner unit? So annoying. He is the only one I want, and for the TM since I have his Moogles lying around.

I think after wasting so much Lapis for nothing I'm going to stop pulling. It seems like they butchered the rates because they give us the Moogles.

3 of us in Discord got Aiden dailies yesterday so rip you.

Alkez

Didn't you daily a Fryevia tho. 🤔

Yeah, that's why I said my short spell of luck haha. Usually I can't pull banner units at all and end up getting the previous banner units for some reason. I'm glad the one time I got lucky was on a unit I really wanted.

sasuke_91

Got both Xon and Aiden as 4*.

Anything I should save the rainbow eggs for or should I just buy the recipes from Xon? Not really sure what to do for this event.

Lyrian

First World Exvius problems

This is among the truest words ever spoken in this community.

Blue>yellow>rainbow Dark Veritas. Finally after 150+ pulls without a rainbow. One of the units I was desperately pulling for also, so I'm a happy camper right now.

Grats on the rainbow!

Aiden and xon are fun units, dont take them seriously, just enjoy them as random fights

Xon is puzzling me. I've got Master Thief on him now, and the skill is not behaving how I was expecting it to work. Problem is, I'm still not sure how to quantify the benefits of the skill. Still working on it.

Well, second knife complete. Dailies since the start of the event coupled with the 300 lapis bundle have resulted in 0 banner units. I need nothing else from the event so back to Tm farming. Xon would be nice for his aoe steal alone. Wondering if i should still proceed as normal with the previously menioned pull method or just stop pulling?

*Turns to Rainbow*

First world exvius problems indeed, wish we could trade units. She is one of my most wanted units and she has eluded me so much. I pulled so hard for her and got nothing.

Alkez

I've only ever had 3 rainbows but I kind of understand where Syntsui is coming from. Yeah it's a 5* but unless the dupe has some value as a dupe (a chainer, good tm etc) then it's still an unneeded dupe.

Does Dark Fina's TM stack?

across

I've only ever had 3 rainbows but I kind of understand where Syntsui is coming from. Yeah it's a 5* but unless the dupe has some value as a dupe (a chainer, good tm etc) then it's still an unneeded dupe.

Does Dark Fina's TM stack?

Nope.

One of the better arena characters to stack if you have some survivability TMs, but aside from that, not a ton of value. Though when her enhancements come out and you can chain her 7-hit Ultima, then...

c-murph

I was just playing around with my Arena Team and trying to figure out how to boost my Lightning Sisters evasion even higher after my Quick Assaults finish...

Lightning #1
Lightspeed Innate 30%
Twenty-sided Die 20%
Quick Assault 10%
Quick Assault 10%
Evade 10%
Blade Mastery + Kijomori 10%
Total = 90%

Lightning Returns #2
Lightspeed Innate 30%
Twenty-sided Die 20%
Quick Assault 10% (In progress)
Evade 10% (Next to be farmed?)

Total = 80%

They may not be perfect but still enough to give people a headache. Never thought I say it but be nice to run into a few more Cyans. lol If I had one more Evade or QA I could get Lightning Returns to 90% also.

How do status effects work? Do they have to connect to proc? Maybe I should put a couple ribbons on as accessories to prevent them from being inflicted?

c-murph

I was just playing around with my Arena Team and trying to figure out how to boost my Lightning Sisters evasion even higher after my Quick Assaults finish...

Lightning #1
Lightspeed Innate 30%
Twenty-sided Die 20%
Quick Assault 10%
Quick Assault 10%
Evade 10%
Total = 90%

Lightning #2
Lightspeed Innate 30%
Twenty-sided Die 20%

Speed Plus
Total = 85%

They may not be perfect but still enough to give people a headache.

How do status effects work? Do they have to connect to proc? Maybe I should put a couple ribbons on as accessories to prevent them from being inflicted?

EDIT: Hmmm, also, own a few Speed Plus Materias. Could still Boost Lightning to 85%.

Alkez

Nope.

One of the better arena characters to stack if you have some survivability TMs, but aside from that, not a ton of value. Though when her enhancements come out and you can chain her 7-hit Ultima, then...

Ah yeah you're right, I forgot about that. When her enhancements drop dupes of her will be really good.

Lightning #1
Lightspeed Innate 30%
Twenty-sided Die 20%
Quick Assault 10%
Quick Assault 10%
Evade 10%
Total = 90%

Lightning #2
Lightspeed Innate 30%
Twenty-sided Die 20%

Speed Plus
Total = 85%

They may not be perfect but still enough to give people a headache.

EDIT: Hmmm, also, own a few Speed Plus Materias. Could still Boost Lightning to 85%.

you are a monster

Kouriozan

you are a monster
Only for no dual cast / no black magic week, otherwise the Arena is super easy.
I don't know if it's bad luck but this week's Arena is really one of the worst, I swear everyone has Ling or 2/3 Noctis and I even saw the long dead Golem Staff CoD Barrage again, thankfully I just raise those ASAP.

It's like everyone universally agreed to piss off people in the Arena suddenly.
Gumi giving every exclusive 20% dodge is not helping, too.

Muku

So Miyuki is getting a 6*? That's awesome! I leveled her up not long after I originally got her because I thought was was adorable. Even if she isn't amazing, will still cap her out at 6* when that time comes. :)

c-murph

So Miyuki is getting a 6*? That's awesome! I leveled her up not long after I originally got her because I thought was was adorable. Even if she isn't amazing, will still cap her out at 6* when that time comes. :)

Me too! Luv her sprite! Glad I finally got one of her for my Blade Masteries.

you are a monster

I know, I also have Minerva Bustiers on them to reduce elemental dmg from magic.

Malakhov

Banned
People with evade units in the arena should be banned from the game. Complete waste of time for no reason at all.

Finished this week's third quick assault, done with them for now. Now time to get rid of the countless refias, celes, kefkas, hayates etc.. that I have clogging my units space.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Wouldn't evasion be beneficial to the owner of the unit for dodging 5 Blizzard Flasks from a Noctii team that goes first?

Malakhov

Banned
Wouldn't evasion be beneficial to the owner of the unit for dodging 5 Blizzard Flasks from a Noctii team that goes first?
The chance of facing 5 noctis and then have them all use blizzard flasks instead of stupid attacks like most of the time is pretty minimal to nonexistent.

Arena was so damn overrated. The NPCs are so stupid, some teams could completely wipe me in certain situations but all they do is ridiculous things like attack, barfira etc.. People see it bigger than what it really is.

The chance of facing 5 noctis and then have them all use blizzard flasks instead of stupid attacks like most of the time is pretty minimal.

Arena was so damn overrated. The NPCs are so stupid, some teams could completely wipe me in certain situations but all they do is ridiculous things like attack, barfira etc..

The arena has turned into an exercise in getting 5 victories per day and staying around rank 70,000. It's right up there with "kill Shiva twice" and "craft a potion."

Niahak

The chance of facing 5 noctis and then have them all use blizzard flasks instead of stupid attacks like most of the time is pretty minimal.

Arena was so damn overrated. The NPCs are so stupid, some teams could completely wipe me in certain situations but all they do is ridiculous things like attack, barfira etc..

I think that's kind of how it has to be, though.

If you could pick your team's actions or if they used the optimal action, it'd be all flasks/dualcast, all day. And that would suck more, IMO.

If they could find a happy medium where it's challenging without being a first-team-wins affair, that would be awesome. But I can't really think of a way the way things are balanced now.

Malakhov

Banned
The arena has turned into an exercise in getting 5 victories per day and staying around rank 70,000. It's right up there with "kill Shiva twice" and "craft a potion."
Exactly. So people stockpiling evade on units are just making it worst. Please take your Cecils and evade units off of your arena teams and let's make this easier for everyone.

Malakhov

Banned

If you could pick your team's actions or if they used the optimal action, it'd be all flasks/dualcast, all day. And that would suck more, IMO.

If they could find a happy medium where it's challenging without being a first-team-wins affair, that would be awesome. But I can't really think of a way the way things are balanced now.
I don't think it'll ever turn into something interesting as long as one of the teams is controlled by the game.

Imagine FFRK-style multiplayer against difficult bosses! It's turn-based, so it'd be easier!

Also, I just lost an arena battle (not that I was trying -- I tried to have Greg solo everything, and I use Refia to autoattack; I should've had her use Alterna) against a Ling-led status effect team.

Lyrian

iHKdRMv.png

Thanks, event! Don't need to farm Alma's robe for awhile. Nice and cozy for Refia, just in time for Tilith's 6* upgrade to come out :)

I think I've reached my final conclusion about Xon''s Master Thief skill.

99% disappointed with that, with the lone remaining possibility that he would be awesome in one very important niche role -- The Vortex of Gems.

Lots of testing has helped me understand Treasure Hunter / Master Thief better, as for the most part, they are the same skill. Master Thief, as the 6* version of Treasure Hunter, simply has a higher multiplier to roll on the rare loot table for an enemy... and that's it. Seriously.

How Locke's/Xon's skill work appears to work:

-- Each enemy potentially has a common primary drop, rare primary drop, and sometimes bonus drop table (for events).

-- The rolling behavior seems to be:

1) The game rolls to see if the enemy will drop anything at all.

2) If something is rolled to drop. then the game rolls to see if the enemy's primary loot drop will be from the common or rare loot table.

3) The game then makes a random roll on the appropriate table (as determined by 2) of potential drops in the chosen table and displays the result.

4) If there is an event going, there may be a secondary bonus drop roll as well. This is rolled independently of the enemy's primary drop.

-- Master Thief / Treasure Hunter **ONLY** modifies line 2 of the sequence above by multiplying (Locke is known to be +50%, stacked multipicatively per Gumi CS) the base rate to roll on that enemy's rare loot table. Xon's rate is currently unknown, all the "gut feeling" suggests it may be in the range of +100%.

Example: An enemy will drop loot. That enemy has a 20% chance to roll on it's rare loot table. Locke multiplies that by 50%, so (20% * (1 + 50%)) = 30% chance to roll on it's rare loot table.

What these skills DO NOT do:

1) They DO NOT increase the base chance of an enemy dropping anything at all (Line 1 of behavior). If the enemy drops nothing, then line 2 is never executed and the skill does not come into play.

2) They DO NOT affect in any way the roll chance of a specific rare item appearing once that the rare table is chosen to be rolled upon (Line 3 of behavior).

3) They DO NOT affect in any way the roll chance of a bonus drop (like metal eggs) appearing per enemy (Line 4 of behavior).

So.... what does this all mean in regard to the Vortex of Gems?

**IF** the Vortex of Gems on Global is set up for opponents to have common (let's say T1 and 2 gems) and rare drops (T3 and 4 gems), then Xon will help players obtain more chances at the rarer gems (T4 gems would have a higher probability of appearing, but you can't control which color drops from the rare loot table).

**HOWEVER**, if the Vortex of Gems just has a single common loot table per enemy, then the skill is useless.

That said, it would be good business sense for the former option to occur, as this would drive more Xon pulls (especially if he is like Locke and stacks multiplicatively).

If that doesn't occur on Thursday (and I think people will know fairly quickly), then him and Locke will continue to be big, giant nothingburgers.

We shall see. /popcorn.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom