• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotuw

Well crap, I hit 25k lapis from doing the new story and decided to celebrate by trying to get Stezer with the daily. Of course I get Trance Terra instead (a grand total of four pulls on this banner). What do I do with her? I am totally unprepared here. I just started TM farming for Emperor so I have a mag 30% and Mateus's Malice in the oven. I've got plenty more Shantottos, a Vanille, and enough Arcs for a quick Omnirod. I merged my Inguses so no stacking Letters and Arms for me.

Edit: Oh shit, I said a few pages back I'd rather have Marie than TT. That's what caused this!

Pejo

Lol at the smoke bomb. Was a good idea (I would have thought it would have worked. Were you able to escape or did it stop you?)

In regards to slow and steady, you don't need to go that route. I only took 1 tank and 1 healer, and Ling as support. I didn't need to take Ramza but I chose to simply because I' don't like managing buffs. He didn't do anything but sing (well I had a few cura turns) so you should be able to do it with 3 offence.

Edit: Also I didn't use any bar spells (or similar skills). You just need heals and to a lesser extent some cover.

It wouldn't let me use any escape battle skills/items.

Yea, I don't mind the slow and steady that much for particular trials, I just wish I had more opportunity to use the damage I've been building. Usually it's either breeze through with units that aren't even equipped with gear, or "better not hit that threshold without 40 debuffs/buffs and guard!" Neither of those scenarios really pay to have more than one mega dps character.

Anyways, enough whining from me - so for somebody just getting into skill enhancements: What's the best method to do this, just grind that new chamber and hope you get the T4 materials? I'm not sure if I'm committed to making Mercedes great, but either way it seems like most of the good skills across the board are going to use power and support crysts. Farming fish is just bumming me out with the shit drop amount and super rare special encounters.

Shouta

I pulled Prishe with my guaranteed 5* 10+1 in my JP account...Don't know much about her. Working through the story now to try again tho. Luckily I hadn't made any story progress.

Also, I can throw up my Marie as well, but as crazyivsn said, I don't have her geared for BIS.

Prishe has skillchains where there's a specific skill route that provided bonuses to the skills and then unlocks a powerful attack at the end of it. She's a good unit but best in longer situations or specific scenarios like Aigaion that make use of her skillset. I'm hoping that when they give her enhancements, she'll be a monster because she's a fav of mine.

Also, her TM is top-tier.

c-murph

Thanks Void Vessels!
It's basically survive until you can summon both espers then throw your items :lol

Lfk45DNl.jpg

Didn't get finish with LB but I don't really care about 15% resist Light.
Finished on turn 14 or something, eat one of threshold + Ultima, no death but close!

So the cheese method this time is Shadow's Tm with Void Vessels? That all?

Muku

Not trying this until this evening maybe. Or whenever I get my vessels made. What group is everyone running with?

I'm going to be completing it for the Moogles, so while getting the Robe would be nice, that's not happening. Thinking of going Cecil, Refia (has DC and that sweet Vestment from Aiden), CoD (for Omni Veil.. blanket cover is better, right?), Orlandu, and Luneth.

I've had to resign to rerolling via the phone since Nox is triggering so many issues on googles end for some reason. Damn, these pull rates really are low huh? I've not even had anything above blue on the daily rate up pull.

Muku

I've had to resign to rerolling via the phone since Nox is triggering so many issues on googles end for some reason. Damn, these pull rates really are low huh? I've not even had anything above blue on the daily rate up pull.

Blues are.. well, they're everywhere. Rerolling to start up? If so, now is a better time than a while ago. At least now you get stuff in the color crystal it belongs. No more Gaffgarion in them Rainbows trolling people. (Or worse.)

Syntsui

All missions done, this was annoying. Depending on the RNG to get those Summon Crystals was a torture.

I guess these puzzle fight will be the only way to balance the game from now on.

All missions done, this was annoying. Depending on the RNG to get those Summon Crystals was a torture.

I guess these puzzle fight will be the only way to balance the game from now on.

I didn't even bother with the LB mission, will revisit that at another time.

For the non one shot run I took:

Orlandu - Odin - with genji blade and save the queen. 972 atk, kept spamming cleansing strike to build LB and Esper
Trance Terra - ramuh - elemental coverage and resists. Ensured she had 4k+ hp and 830+ mag. Kept up her +30 ele resist and used Chaos Wave unless he was weak to a specific element which I'd exploit.
Yshtola - carbuncle - for heals 4.5k hp. Having healer with auto refresh is so god damn awesome and really exploits the fact that Refia's days are numbered.
Minfilia - no esper - for resists 4.5k hp. Honestly I could have replaced her with someone else because you have no god damn clue what resist to keep up as kefka is all random. If I could replace her it'd be with another healer such as Luka for clense.
Cecil - diablos - with dual cast and 8k hp. Need to get this guy that Trance Terra TM for the dual cast and mp +30% or get him some form of auto refresh. Wouldn't be necessary if using 2 healers however.
Friend Trance Terra because why not lol.

Mana was and wasn't an issue. If I noticed someone was getting low on it I'd have to pop a pot but pots are limited and trying to do this shit at work and losing count of how many turns I was at made it more difficult that it had to be.

Truth be told like any of these endurance fights you do NOT need 5* bases. I could have seen myself doing this Cecil, Snow/WOL, Refia, COD for ele resist, a 5th of your choosing and a friend unit for dps or mana regen.

Blues are.. well, they're everywhere. Rerolling to start up? If so, now is a better time than a while ago. At least now you get stuff in the color crystal it belongs. No more Gaffgarion in them Rainbows trolling people. (Or worse.)

Yeah, I've never really gotten into the game despite trying it a couple times before. Figured I'll do it for real this time and roll for a good start. The account I started last night to try it out is looking pretty strong now in hindsight with a deck of golds with some pretty nice limit break skills. I'd really love that Trance Terra though. Doubt I'll have the luck to pull her at this rate unfortunately.

Beat the clown and got all the rewards except the LB one, which is the one I was least excited for anyway.

I went in with Ysh, Cecil, Snow, CoD, my Setzer, and Rixa's Setzer.

Other than a couple snafu's that were my own fault, that team worked like a charm. I was rarely in any serious trouble, and a combo of two Red Cards per turn filled my esper bar twice in the span of 4-5 turns. After that it was just keeping my buffs up, healing, and waiting for Kefka to debuff his darkness.

Then I unleashed void vessel hell and downed him in one shot.

Dandte

Goddammit, i forgot to hit the lb button on CoD...well do we even need 15% light resistance?

Team was Cecil, Yshtola, Marie, Setzer, CoD and a random friend Setzer. The Setzers were only used for summon stones. Marie did the buffing and CoD the AoE esuna + one time dark ball. Cecil was tanking. 0 Problems. No premium TMs.

Muku

Yeah, I've never really gotten into the game despite trying it a couple times before. Figured I'll do it for real this time and roll for a good start. The account I started last night to try it out is looking pretty strong now in hindsight with a deck of golds with some pretty nice limit break skills. I'd really love that Trance Terra though. Doubt I'll have the luck to pull her at this rate unfortunately.

If you have the time and patience, really wait on a Rainbow. Now, not all Rainbows are created equally, but there are some really good ones if you can get it.

My alt account I started during the Tactics banner first time. I wanted Delita and Ramza. I ended up getting a Delita and another Rainbow that was a Tactics character, but a troll since he didn't start out at 5*. I'm really kicking myself for not going further. I probably should have gotten Lightning at the time or something. I'm still stuck with Ramza being the only decent character on that account. Only have pulled one Rainbow since and that was Ace on his banner. Don't really use him though. (Ended up being a daily pull. Blue->Gold->Rainbow with Ace in it.)

I'd say if you have the time and patience, really try to get yourself something worthwhile to start out.

Goddammit, i forgot to hit the lb button on CoD...well do we even need 15% light resistance?

Team was Cecil, Yshtola, Marie, Setzer, CoD and a random friend Setzer. The Setzers were only used for summon stones. Marie did the buffing and CoD the AoE esuna + one time dark ball. Cecil was tanking. 0 Problems. No premium TMs.

I'm not going to worry about it. If I need that Light Resistance I'll just bring Minfilia.

robotuw

No more Kefka. I took physical-only, blind-resistant Lightning, Noctis and Landu for summon orbs and Yshtola, Refia, and a friend Marie for keeping people alive. With 3 dualcast healer/supports you practically have to try to get hurt. The only hard part was when I screwed up and only fired off 4 void vessels. Then I had to survive through a bunch of threshold tantrums. I got it done though, and got all achievements except the limit one.

What did people do about charm by the way? Is there a way to safely remove it? I just killed that unit and revived them and that worked fine.

Finally went to do Kefka. All rewards done on one try. Team was Marie/Y'shtola/Garnet/Snow/Noctis and a friend Olive. I only took one void vessel which I used to take him from his 60-40 threshold so I could set it up to do basically nothing to me and then I had to wait 2 cycles to get him low enough that Olive's LB would kill him for sure.

desverger

Oneshotted Kefka with a DW Setzer that had Coral Blade and Vernard.

I'm not even sure what happened. He got fire weakness and I rolled Double Dice :p

goddamn I didn't think Setzer would destroy Kefka that badly, double dice annihilated him and now I gotta do it again to get the other rewards

Xion86

Oops, just tried Kefka for the first time...everything I do resists on him (went in with Orlandeau, Noctis, Refia, Cecil, Cloud of Darkness, Orlandeau). Think I'm doing it wrong :p

Time for round 2 and using a strategy...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Kefka done. Took a friend Maria and just kept whacking him till he dropped. Shrug. Just wanted the robe, but I'll take everything. Noctis is going be at 80% by months end too.

Wish I had my own Marie. Damn well know she's going to be rare.

I do love how my Refia is just becoming more like a Tank as I progress.

If you have the time and patience, really wait on a Rainbow. Now, not all Rainbows are created equally, but there are some really good ones if you can get it.

My alt account I started during the Tactics banner first time. I wanted Delita and Ramza. I ended up getting a Delita and another Rainbow that was a Tactics character, but a troll since he didn't start out at 5*. I'm really kicking myself for not going further. I probably should have gotten Lightning at the time or something. I'm still stuck with Ramza being the only decent character on that account. Only have pulled one Rainbow since and that was Ace on his banner. Don't really use him though. (Ended up being a daily pull. Blue->Gold->Rainbow with Ace in it.)

I'd say if you have the time and patience, really try to get yourself something worthwhile to start out.

I'm not going to worry about it. If I need that Light Resistance I'll just bring Minfilia.

Ah ok. I'll see if I can hold out for a good roll. I've spent a couple days rerolling on dokkan battle before so I'm usually used to it. It's just a little disheartening getting no rainbows at all in about 20-30 rolls. I plan to go on heavy on the rolls tonight so hopefully something good pops up.

Valentus has been mighty quiet. He's cooking up new content in the video lab? What are you up to bro? Checked the channel and no new video up yet. I am.......disappoint! :)

Kouriozan

Ah ok. I'll see if I can hold out for a good roll. I've spent a couple days rerolling on dokkan battle before so I'm usually used to it. It's just a little disheartening getting no rainbows at all in about 20-30 rolls. I plan to go on heavy on the rolls tonight so hopefully something good pops up.
Reminds me of when I played Puzzle and Dragons, had to reroll for 8 hours straight, and you only get one draw there.
Eventually I quit that game since I hit a wall even with my OP monster, and waiting a specific day for a specific daily dungeon became boring really fast.

Did it again and got the esper and LB award

Cecil
Yshtola
Snow
Noctis
CoD
Setzer

Didn't really need Snow THAT much(though he probably did save me when graviga hit). helped with building up the esper bar a lot combined with black belt on Cecil.

Xion86

Okay think I need to read up on what the technique is after a few more rounds of hardly being able to touch him.
Guessing it's because of the weapons I equipped, hmmm...

Edit: okay, bit better now after changing technique :)

tuffymon

Are people going in dual element? I thought if an attack resists you get no orb/crystals? Or can null do super low dmg and generate?

Not going to lie, I cheated my way to victory. I wanted to get it out of the way, but will need to legit fight my way to the Mage's Robe.

Went with 2x Oldmandu, survived his preemptive attack, then casted Dark resist with Minfilia, healed up and defended with Landu's.

When Kefka went, if it wasn't Graviga or Bioga (Dark?) I would force quit the game, then I would load it back up and he would attack again.

Rinse and repeat until that first elemental attack gave him light weakness. Then I chained Oldmandu while another character used a potion or whatever so I could get the item bonus.

Playing in iOS by the way.

So yeah, I'm a filthy cheat.

Prishe has skillchains where there's a specific skill route that provided bonuses to the skills and then unlocks a powerful attack at the end of it. She's a good unit but best in longer situations or specific scenarios like Aigaion that make use of her skillset. I'm hoping that when they give her enhancements, she'll be a monster because she's a fav of mine.

Also, her TM is top-tier.

Oh appreciate that info, I've been using her most of the day and really enjoying her. Always good to hear that her TM is top-tier.

The guaranteed 5* banners are just 1x only right? I won't be able to pull on that banner again? I managed to get 5k lapis today; support banner would be next but considering I already have 2 Ayaka, I'm a bit worried I'll just end up with another!

Also have Dark Fina...

Haven't got around to Kefka on GL yet; will have to read some strategies.

Shouta

Oh appreciate that info, I've been using her most of the day and really enjoying her. Always good to hear that her TM is top-tier.

The guaranteed 5* banners are just 1x only right? I won't be able to pull on that banner again? I managed to get 5k lapis today; support banner would be next but considering I already have 2 Ayaka, I'm a bit worried I'll just end up with another!

Also have Dark Fina...

Haven't got around to Kefka on GL yet; will have to read some strategies.

Guaranteed 5 star banners are once only, a Golden Week special.

Her TM is stupid top-tier btw. It's a hat that has 45 attack. A HAT. It's the best attack headpiece in the game currently.

Xion86

Okay, only had Noctis, Noctis and Y's alive and he cast Water to be weak to Lightning when it was my turn. Was either me try stay alive for the last reward and risk full party wipe, or just do double Thunder Flask with Noctis and et it over and done with....decided to play it safe and get these rewards out of the way :p

E6OXwmYl.png

Going to re try now and not worry about summons.

Edit: DONE!!! Damn that was really tense at the end to pull if the limit break kill. Lightning did it for me.

My team was Cecil, Setzer, Noctis, Y's, Lightning and Noctis.

tuffymon

If you tap and hold on an enemy it display their status, including buffs and debuffs.

I know that normally, I didn't think that his mechanic would kinda give him away like that... I was expecting to have libra / remember what he cast >.>; That just makes it even easier~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom