• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I mean, the Exvius Wiki rates Setzer above Trance Terra. She can't be that good, right?! Not futureproof mages suck trash unit sharp hair would not bang and/or pull 5* more like 1* saving my Lapis for when Orlandeau comes back.

Anyway, Gumi is selling them, you just may not want to pay their prices... :p

They're equal, if you read the fine print on Setzer's rating.

That said, Setzer is more flexible, as a player can just simply change swords to alter the element that Setzer needs to be at a given moment for chaining. Whereas T.Terra cant do that with her spells and has a limited selection of spells.

Not future-proof though? Just because T.Terra hasn't received her enhancements yet (neither has Setzer for that matter either), doesn't mean she won't get them. 5* bases receiving enhancements somewhere is all but a complete certainty.

Lyrian

So, I'm rummaging around and figuring out for no apparent reason what 5*s I want to enhance for damage.

No one knows what Elza is going to receive, and Olive isn't receiving enhancements for a loooooooooooong time, so that only leaves me with Luneth.

I'm looking at his enhancements page and seeing:

Sword Master +2 --> (+50% ATK [x2] for two different types of swords equipped, and only takes 1 T4 and 0 T5 gems????)

Combined with:

Dark Knight's Soul (+50% ATK)
Blade Mastery (+50% ATK)
Large Sword Mastery (+50% ATK)

That's 250% ATK, with the other 50% to hit the cap coming from practically any piece of gear or the 4th ability slot being rather easy to obtain.

Is that right? Enhanced Luneth can fairly easily hit the attack cap?

tuffymon

Sword Master +2 --> (+50% ATK [x2] for two different types of swords equipped, and only takes 1 T4 and 0 T5 gems????)

Combined with:

Blade Mastery (+50% ATK)

That's 250% ATK, with the other 50% to hit the cap coming from practically any piece of gear or the 4th ability slot being rather easy to obtain.

You have a sword, katana, and large sword boost... dks would only give the armor boost of 20%

Chinner

Banned
Different sources = stackable?

When has this rule not held true?
Blade mastery requires a katana. Large sword mastery requires a great sword.

Unless your luneth can carry a third weapon, your going to miss out the 30% from the dks as it requires a normal sword.

Your also gonna miss out on the 20% attack passive luneth gets from holding a normal sword too.

Unless I'm missing your point entirely?

tuffymon

Unless your luneth can carry a third weapon, your going to miss out the 30% from the dks as it requires a normal sword.

Your also gonna miss out on the 20% attack passive luneth gets from holding a normal sword too.

My post was the Tl;Dr of this right here.

Lyrian

My post was the Tl;Dr of this right here.

Sword Master + 2 = 50% ATK from equipping any of the following weapon types (to save space typing this): Short Sword, Sword, Great Sword, Katana.

So, +50% for dual wielding a Katana and +50% from a Great Sword. = 100% from the passive innate ability, which should stack with equipped weapon mastery abilities, as those are different sources for the ATK boost.

Kouriozan

Really bored with the game at the moment.

Just logging in to claim the daily gift and to send friend gifts, then leave.
2 weeks of grinding event followed by 2 weeks of grinding event, let's not forget that we also had 2 weeks of Mog King (type 0 part 2) + 2 weeks of Raid + another 2 week of Mog King (Tactics part2) just before that.
Sure Gumi is doing it wrong. Been ages since the latest exploration already.

tuffymon

Sword Master + 2 = 50% ATK from equipping any of the following weapon types (to save space typing this): Short Sword, Sword, Great Sword, Katana.

So, +50% for dual wielding a Katana and +50% from a Great Sword. = 100% from the passive innate ability, which should stack with equipped weapon mastery abilities, as those are different sources for the ATK boost.

Ok, just to make sure we're on the same page

Luneth w/
Katana / Greatsword
50% / 50% from teachings +2

BM / LsMas
50% / 50% materia 1/2

Add Dks which works on Short sword / Heavy armor
No Short sword equipped / Heavy armor 20% boost

materia slot 3 for 20%

That adds up to 220%
So how are you getting 250%? You wouldn't get the full bonus of Dks if you insisted on using it, where as a Quick Assault or PoC would yield better results 30 > 20 (for 230%)

Leaving a 4th slot for ? (another QA?) going to 260%?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just trying to get the same view point as you~

Kouriozan

I got the feeling that Gumi is doing it slow like that because Global is totally skipping the Dragon Quest collab (RIP Loto Sword dreams), so they have to drag on our current events to not catch up the JP version.

Valentus

So, I'm rummaging around and figuring out for no apparent reason what 5*s I want to enhance for damage.

No one knows what Elza is going to receive, and Olive isn't receiving enhancements for a loooooooooooong time, so that only leaves me with Luneth.

Combined with:

Blade Mastery (+50% ATK)

How can you get the 3 bonuses from 3 different weapons (sword,katana,G.Sword) when only 2 weapons equipped?

The calculations i did last week:

Base ATK 180
Passives 54
Teachings +2 180
Materias (B.Mas + G.Sword + 60%) 288
2xBracer 60
Black Cowl 28
B.Suit 27
Exc+Genji Blade 227
Odin 62

Total: 1106 ATK

Edit: If we talk about hitting the cap, luneth has:

ATK+30% passive
Teachings of The Sword+2 +100% passive

You have 130% base

The other 170% cap can be filled with:

Materias: 160% (2x50% + 60%)
Brave Suit: 15%

So thats 305% and my calculations are wrong so luneth ATK should be lower.

Then it should be:

Base ATK: 180
300% cap: 540
Exc + Genji: 227
Black Cowl: 28
Bracers: 60
Odin: 62

Thats 1077 ATK

Now, if we change a Katana for Moonblade and excalibur for Save The queen, and we use heavy armor (+10 ATK)

Base ATK: 180
290% Cap: 522
STQ + Moon: 230
Armor: 10
Bracers: 60
Odin: 62

Total: 1064

Well... its still less than surpassing the 300% cap, but its still REALLY interesting, because with luneth you can build a totally different setup and not use your best katana and great sword and you can use that on another character.

That means you can equip Luneth and another unit real hard in the same party.

Broseybrose

thats beens my problem

I keep losing people here and there and cecil goes down as well when you think he wouldnt

I must not be breaking Ifrit enough

Im using same party: Cecil, Minfilia, Ling, Ysh, Friendlandu

Once I killed Ifrit, Siren started to Osmose someone every single turn. Thats what messed me up.

From now on, I kill Siren FIRST.

Valentus

with dks/moonblade that should be slightly higher? roughly 21~ points?
(sword/gsword)

read my edit.

Also, going Excalibur/Moonblade should reduce your elemental weakness bonuses to 50%, so right now the best combination for Sword/G.Sword is STQ+Moonblade

c-murph

Since ours don't stack, I can't see needing more than 1, maaaaaybe 2 if you want a backup... of course if you're running a full party of Olives, then 5 >.>;

2 it is. I have 5 bartz lying around and would like to get rid of them someday. One for Cloud and another for Garland I guess.

Probably 2 Equip Long Swords also? I have 5 Garlands too. Not really sure who would use it though.

Alkez

Haha yeah that was fantastic. Obviously someone on the localization team is an Overwatch fan (which feels like 90% of people that play games at this point)

It has it's(/a lot of) issues but it is like the best game lol. If nothing else the characters are awesome.

Enhanced Luneth can fairly easily hit the attack cap?

Yup. I made a post a while back saying that Gilgamesh, Luneth, and Eileen can easily surpass the cap even without​ Exceed Rings, after enhancements ofc. It means managing your equipment (Bracers over Ruler Rings for example) on those units.

Lyrian

Derp derp derp.... reading comprehension fail FTL /sigh

Everyone's right, I'm wrong. Sorry about that :/

Yup. I made a post a while back saying that Gilgamesh, Luneth, and Eileen can easily surpass the cap even without​ Exceed Rings, after enhancements ofc. It means managing your equipment (Bracers over Ruler Rings for example) on those units.

Very cool, thanks for the info (even if I can't read worth a damn today)!

Ok, got sparky yesterday and used the Reddit carry stray for Gilgamesh.

So now my olive is at 920 ark... inching up there! Easily the highest attack olive on my friend list after my rank 100+ friends

Alkez

So, Sunday Off Topic Question (week 3 lol).

Overwatch talk got me wondering:

What kinds of games do y'all like to play, outside of JRPGs and Gacha (if you even like gacha lol)?
What games are you currently playing outside of Brave Exvius?
If you have one what is your favourite game(s) of all time?

Personally I like fighting games a lot, as well as action games like bayontta and devil may cry, and online fps. I think I like games that are mostly based around reactions and/or reading your opponents.

Atm most of my gaming time is spent playing Overwatch and Diablo 3, both with friends. I don't really get a lot for time to solo game, but when I do I play some Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (because I still haven't finished it lol).

My favourite game of all time is Resident Evil 4 (on GameCube). Truly a fantastic game imo. It was never really a scary game (it had it's moments) but it always felt intense, especially when you heard that chainsaw. I rarely finish games (I'm one of those) but it's one I've completed multiple times, on top of the hundreds of hours I put into mercenary mode.

Currently playing: Dragon Quest Heroes 2/Cosmic Star Heroine/Persona 5 and CoD MWR. I like all games for the most part except MOBAs and have owned every system since the NES. Favorite game of all time is Dark Souls 1. I hated mobile games until last year when I started playing a few gachas but my interest is definitely at a low point and now I'm back to full time playing my console games. Also played WoW from launch until a few months ago, played the same Paladin since day 1.

robotuw

What kinds of games do y'all like to play, outside of JRPGs and Gacha (if you even like gacha lol)?

Personally I like fighting games a lot, as well as action games like bayontta and devil may cry, and online fps. I think I like games that are mostly based around reactions and/or reading your opponents.

Atm most of my gaming time is spent playing Overwatch and Diablo 3, both with friends. I don't really get a lot for time to solo game, but when I do I play some Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (because I still haven't finished it lol).

My favourite game of all time is Resident Evil 4 (on GameCube). Truly a fantastic game imo. It was never really a scary game (it had it's moments) but it always felt intense, especially when you heard that chainsaw. I rarely finish games (I'm one of those) but it's one I've completed multiple times, on top of the hundreds of hours I put into mercenary mode.

I just finished Persona 5, and Nier before that so I'm taking a bit of a cooldown and replaying some classics or knocking out a few shorter games. I was replaying a bit of Dead Space today (love that game, and RE4, which it clearly draws a lot from) and was thinking about firing up Inside that I got from the monthly bundle. I play most everything but rpg/action/puzzle are my big three.

Celegus

Heroes of the Storm consumes my life for the most part, though I love anything from Blizzard (which is why I love Heroes so much, it's like Blizzard Smash Bros). Got Persona 5 at release but just finished the first dungeon... been mostly Heroes and Exvius / Mobius (the only mobile games I play) lately.

Muku

THERE IS A GENRE OUTSIDE OF JRPGS? I kid. Or do I? Depends really. I used to like collect-a-thon games on N64. That's why I've enjoyed Snake Pass and waiting for Yukalele on Switch. (Close to 100%ing Snake Pass.) Beat Lego City on Switch (again since I beat it on Wii U) and currently working on 100%ing it. I 100%'d it on the Wii U. It's so rare I ever do that for any game. Still best ending fight of a game. But Lego City again is awesome because: collecting.

I also love some puzzle games. We got PuyoPuyo on Switch day 1. I've got to tackle it, but probably won't get around to that until I 100% Lego City. Trying to focus games down because otherwise I'd be all over the place. In some way I am because I still have Zelda waiting for me. Damn you Snake Pass.

I love exploration games as a whole. Loved Test Drive for that reason. I dunno I guess I play a lot of things for different reasons haha. Loved the sports games when there existed stuff besides football and basketball. Loved me some Wave Race. 1080 too. But didn't enjoy GC one that much. (Found it more interesting when I played it at E3 than the final version.)

Right now outside of BE I'm playing Zelda, Snake Pass (already beat but again goes back to 100%ing.. or trying), and Lego City. Going to work Puyo into it soon.

I haven't enjoyed Pokemon Sun/Moon as I've enjoyed previous generations (though like it better than the original R/E gen). I beat Sun and collecting the legendaries and stuff in that. Switch has put a bit of a haitus on that though. Need to start and beat Moon. Collectionist in me. (I know at least one person here knows me from Pokemon thread, haha.) Haven't been in it much. So much with that game is fun and so much is kinda meh at best.

My favorite game of all time is... well I think maybe in past I'd have said Chrono Trigger, but since Wii I'd say Xenoblade Chronicles. I put 200 hours into that game before I beat it on PAL version. I lost track of how many hours I've put into it in US copy. I've not beat it there, and need to get back to it actually, because I'm trying to jam as much stuff I can do in it (relationships, quests, etc) before I beat it. I did that first time sort of. But without a guide. This time I'm looking stuff up and doing as much as possible. That game literally owns my soul.

Darn, these off topic get me going! haha

across

They're equal, if you read the fine print on Setzer's rating.

That said, Setzer is more flexible, as a player can just simply change swords to alter the element that Setzer needs to be at a given moment for chaining. Whereas T.Terra cant do that with her spells and has a limited selection of spells.

Not future-proof though? Just because T.Terra hasn't received her enhancements yet (neither has Setzer for that matter either), doesn't mean she won't get them. 5* bases receiving enhancements somewhere is all but a complete certainty.

The twist on the ol' 'sharp knees would not bang' meme didn't give the sarcasm away? Hmm. Guess I better start breaking out that /s tag...

Someone on GAF changed their name to Tiamat and cleared their written.

You're maining Cecil right now and I'm going to remove you soon.

creid

What are the other good LBs to level besides Cecil? I finally have him nearly maxed and still have more pots comin in.

SeanTSC

I leveled Noctis LB, like pairing him with Bartz for the kill with LB story mode boss missions.

Got my Noctis to level 25 LB too. So worth it, it's hilarious how much damage it does. I also have Cecil maxed out as well. Currently I've been dumping LB pots into Y'shtola since her LB is pretty nice:

Base - Decrease damage taken (30%) for 1 turn to all allies
Max - Decrease damage taken (54%) for 1 turn to all allies

16 LB crystals and it stacks with Golem's damage reduction.

I don't think I'll save for Rikku's LB, which is this:

Base - AoE 3 Turn +50% DEF/SPR & AoE 3 Turn Auto-Revive with 80% HP
Max - AoE 3 Turn +74% DEF/SPR & AoE 3 Turn Auto-Revive with 80% HP

I'm not sure that's really worth it for me since I'll have Ramza enhanced.

SeanTSC

GKZGOw7.png

1300 lapis, 1 of each Giancryst, 8 tickets, two 5% moogles.

c8yhoee6xdugxt9km83o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom