• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

My favorite game of all time is... well I think maybe in past I'd have said Chrono Trigger, but since Wii I'd say Xenoblade Chronicles. I put 200 hours into that game before I beat it on PAL version. I lost track of how many hours I've put into it in US copy. I've not beat it there, and need to get back to it actually, because I'm trying to jam as much stuff I can do in it (relationships, quests, etc) before I beat it. I did that first time sort of. But without a guide. This time I'm looking stuff up and doing as much as possible. That game literally owns my soul.

Darn, these off topic get me going! haha

Bit off topic here, but currently playing Yakuza 5 on the PS3. Im currently not buying any new games and trying to get through the backlog of games that I have. Got 3 PS3 games left, Yakuza 5, Ni No Kuni and Nier. After that I've got Metroid Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles left to play on the Wii (I bought it at launch! With the red controller that came with it). I've actually not played Chono Trigger yet either but have the DS version waiting for me to play :). Looking forward to that (as well as Xenoblade).

Back on topic...

-Daily pull today was Guy.
-Got my 3rd Dual Wield :)

I'm also in a bit of a dilemma with what to pick up from the Mog Shop now...

As of right now I have 52467 Fish.

I haven't picked up:
- MP +15%
- ATK +15%
- Trust Moogles
- Any Purecrysts

MP +15%

I think I'll give this a miss, I have 0 held, but I have 12 of Tellah (plus I hardly equip MP plus much).

ATK +15%

Having second thoughts about picking this up, I own 2 already, plus I have 1 ATK+ 30%, Seal of Destruction, Power of Creation and 3 Quick Assaults (with one more on the way).

Trust Moogles

I'm not going to bother with the 1% ones but thinking about if I really need the 10% one. Currently my single unit I'm getting to 100% is another Shine, which is at 30%. I could just take a hit and wait longer for the extra 10% to build up.

Purecrysts

I'm leaning towards ignoring all the above and going for one of these...I currently own 1 Power and 1 Tech. Maybe I could pick up 1 Support or one more Power?

What do you guys suggest?
Did anyone skip the Trust Moogles this time and go for a Purecryst instead?

bonkeng

Bit off topic here, but currently playing Yakuza 5 on the PS3. Im currently not buying any new games and trying to get through the backlog of games that I have. Got 3 PS3 games left, Yakuza 5, Ni No Kuni and Nier. After that I've got Metroid Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles left to play on the Wii (I bought it at launch! With the red controller that came with it). I've actually not played Chono Trigger yet either but have the DS version waiting for me to play :). Looking forward to that (as well as Xenoblade).

Back on topic...

-Daily pull today was Guy.
-Got my 3rd Dual Wield :)

I'm also in a bit of a dilemma with what to pick up from the Mog Shop now...

As of right now I have 52467 Fish.

I haven't picked up:
- MP +15%
- ATK +15%
- Trust Moogles
- Any Purecrysts

MP +15%

I think I'll give this a miss, I have 0 held, but I have 12 of Tellah (plus I hardly equip MP plus much).

ATK +15%

Having second thoughts about picking this up, I own 2 already, plus I have 1 ATK+ 30%, Seal of Destruction, Power of Creation and 3 Quick Assaults (with one more on the way).

Trust Moogles

I'm not going to bother with the 1% ones but thinking about if I really need the 10% one. Currently my single unit I'm getting to 100% is another Shine, which is at 30%. I could just take a hit and wait longer for the extra 10% to build up.

Purecrysts

I'm leaning towards ignoring all the above and going for one of these...I currently own 1 Power and 1 Tech. Maybe I could pick up 1 Support or one more Power?

What do you guys suggest?
Did anyone skip the Trust Moogles this time and go for a Purecryst instead?

Get the power and support cryst. And maybe the 10% moogle too. The rest are not worth it.

GKZGOw7.png

1300 lapis, 1 of each Giancryst, 8 tickets, two 5% moogles.

c8yhoee6xdugxt9km83o.gif
Is this global?
And is this real life?
Give me agrias and ramza asap now kkthx!

Alkez

Daily Login rewards seem really good this month. 8 tickets, 10% worth of moogles, T4 gems, and lapis...is it Christmas lol.

Currently playing: Dragon Quest Heroes 2/Cosmic Star Heroine/Persona 5 and CoD MWR.

Man, I tried to get into MWR but it just doesn't feel like CoD4 to me. I'm not really sure why. I think the lack of clear sound and sometimes random hit detection just throw me off. The original is my favourite fps ever so maybe I should give it another go. Still have it downloaded.

Heroes of the Storm consumes my life for the most part, though I love anything from Blizzard (which is why I love Heroes so much, it's like Blizzard Smash Bros).

I'm actually playing that atm for the Overwatch crossover event. Need that skin for the Korean Gamer Waifu! It's the first moba I've actually played myself and it's surprisingly fun. I've been using the guy from Starcraft with the two laser swords (his name eludes me atm). I like that he can take hits but dish out some decent damage.

Darn, these off topic get me going! haha

That's why I do these haha. Sometimes the thread can get a little stale when there's little going on in the game so I think it helps keep the thread a little more active. I'll keep doing it for the next weeks, see how it goes.

I'm the opposite, I just want to go straight through a game without having to collect anything. I think I'm too erratic. My interests change too quickly and it's why I end up never finishing anything.

Side note: 1080 was awesome lol. Loved that game on the N64.

I know that feeling. I've banned myself from buying games as well until my backlog is done (except for Tekken 7 lol). I also have Yakuza 5 on the list. You get it as the free ps plus game that month? I played Yakuza 4 (also a free ps plus game) and absolutely loved it. Was so happy when 5 was the free game. I've played the first chapter/arc but then I got distracted again lol. Will get back to it at some point.

Also have Chrono Trigger on my list.

Man there is too much to play lol.

bonkeng

It's interesting on what JP's current update regarding Rainbow rate.

They increased the rate from 1% to 3% on Rainbows. That's a very good thing.

But....they lowered the chance of getting the banner 5* unit from that Rainbow to 33% instead of 50%. This is a bad thing for chasing specific 5* units.

I'd still take the 3% Rainbow rate over the lowered 33% banner unit anyway.

I know that feeling. I've banned myself from buying games as well until my backlog is done (except for Tekken 7 lol). I also have Yakuza 5 on the list. You get it as the free ps plus game that month? I played Yakuza 4 (also a free ps plus game) and absolutely loved it. Was so happy when 5 was the free game. I've played the first chapter/arc but then I got distracted again lol. Will get back to it at some point.

I wish i have the same self control as you do with regards to buying games.

Between the 3ds, Vita, Ps3 and Ps4 my backlog is easily over 100 games.

And another 100 between mobile and PC :/

I think it would last me a few lifetimes to beat them all.

Celegus

I'm actually playing that atm for the Overwatch crossover event. Need that skin for the Korean Gamer Waifu! It's the first moba I've actually played myself and it's surprisingly fun. I've been using the guy from Starcraft with the two laser swords (his name eludes me atm). I like that he can take hits but dish out some decent damage.

Haha, nice! I love all of Blizzard's cross promotion stuff since I play everything but WoW. So incredibly excited we're going to Blizzcon this year!! Artanis is who you're talking about, he's one of my favorites too. Landing those god-swaps feels so good (blade dash and then swap at the end of it) and I also like how you're better off staying in the fight to survive to get more shield procs rather than trying to run. Plus I have his amazing Shogun skin.

So bushido-freedom is just a straight upgrade for Greg in arena (has been using snowpetsl for 999 across the team) or am I just getting better at chaining?

That Ling Gilgamesh carry is amazing

Pejo

Man, I don't know if it's just burnout from having too many grinding events, or disappointment from banners, but I can barely make myself log in to this game and burn stamina right now.

I still need to complete the Kefka fight, haven't even tried it again since my first joke run, so there's that I guess. New login rewards look good, hope we have some exciting news coming up on content this month, or at least WoL 6*.

Muku

Bit off topic here, but currently playing Yakuza 5 on the PS3. Im currently not buying any new games and trying to get through the backlog of games that I have. Got 3 PS3 games left, Yakuza 5, Ni No Kuni and Nier. After that I've got Metroid Trilogy and Xenoblade Chronicles left to play on the Wii (I bought it at launch! With the red controller that came with it). I've actually not played Chono Trigger yet either but have the DS version waiting for me to play :). Looking forward to that (as well as Xenoblade

:O Definitely would be curious to know what you think of Xenoblade once you get through it. We got the red controller as well, but we bought it when it first came out in Japan for that. Yes, we own three version of Xenoblade, LOL. JPN, PAL, US... Had to mod one of our Wii's though to play PAL. And that was because we never knew when US would get it. I long beat PAL version before US one was announced. Don't know enough JPN to enjoy that to the fullest, but I drooled watching my husband played it. Knew I'd play it once it got released in English.

Also surprised not having played CT. :O That was the shit on the SNES. Played and beat it there. But also played it on PS. Kind of want the DS version too just because. (Hated Chrono Cross though, ugh.)

That's why I do these haha. Sometimes the thread can get a little stale when there's little going on in the game so I think it helps keep the thread a little more active. I'll keep doing it for the next weeks, see how it goes.

That's why I love Sundays. I forget it's off-topic day and then see it and then like oh snap. Even if it's not something I'm really into, I like reading other folks responses on topic.

Have you not played CT either?! :O

Man, I don't know if it's just burnout from having too many grinding events, or disappointment from banners, but I can barely make myself log in to this game and burn stamina right now.

It's the grinding events. I'm not burning NRG throughout day like I used to. Just doing it at start of day for most part and being done. Gumi needs to give folks a damn break.

Azuran

Banned

I still need to complete the Kefka fight, haven't even tried it again since my first joke run, so there's that I guess. New login rewards look good, hope we have some exciting news coming up on content this month, or at least WoL 6*.

Yeah the non-stop grinding the past few weeks have been horrible. I still haven't lost interest on this game because I know cool stuff is still coming, but I'm slowly getting burned out. I probably wouldn't have done the Kefka fight if I hadn't pulled Setzer in a daily because it's way too much work otherwise. I also still haven't even completed the Ifrit/Siren trial because quite frankly, what's the point? I don't need the rewards from that fight to complete any content at the moment and I can always come back to it in the future when I have better units and can easily one shot those two.

Also, the trash events and lack of banners means there's nothing interesting to discuss. Also all optimization and numbers talk is straight up boring because only a select few will be able to do that stuff anyways.

Oh yeah, I still need to complete Persona 5 so I rather spend all of my spare time on that.

Lyrian

So, Sunday Off Topic Question (week 3 lol).

Overwatch talk got me wondering:

What kinds of games do y'all like to play, outside of JRPGs and Gacha (if you even like gacha lol)?
What games are you currently playing outside of Brave Exvius?
If you have one what is your favourite game(s) of all time?

LTTP, but let's see if I can write a semi-sane post, which would a big upgrade from yesterday's mess.

Games outside of JRPGs... over time, my tastes have changed. I can pretty much lightly play anything, with the exception of military shooters. I am rather partial to games like Dead Space, System Shock, and Deus Ex. For JRPGs, Xenosaga/blade is my cup of tea, with Zelda and the FF Series in second. Should play the Persona series someday (backlog forever).

Current games playing besides FFBE: Very, very, very slowly playing through BOTW still. My other half has got me hooked on a game called Gems of War, which is the game the original Puzzle Quest made after Namco took over the IP rights. It's literally Puzzle Quest 1 with light microtransaction hooks present (none of which are ever necessary in any way shape, or form) and strangely for this day and age no energy paywalls. I also still somewhat play PAD still, though that game is mostly in maintenance mode after nearly 3 years of playing and general refusal to play not-mandatory-but-it-practically-is multiplayer mode. Barring all that, once in a blue moon, I still break out the 3DS and Vita to make a laughable attempt to clear out all the impossible backlog. Noteworthy though, I pushed through and completed the recently releases Blaster Master Zero, because nostalgia.

1300 lapis, 1 of each Giancryst, 8 tickets, two 5% moogles.

I had a couple double takes when I saw that. Not one day with a complete crap reward? Wow.

The twist on the ol' 'sharp knees would not bang' meme didn't give the sarcasm away? Hmm. Guess I better start breaking out that /s tag...

I was not in a mentally sound place yesterday. Hopefully, today will be better.

OMG! Gau does exist! Got him on my daily pull. :O

Got him on a daily as well!

/highfive

Now, I can stop compulsively pulling for at least a few days as the collectionist itch has now been scratched :)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Get rid of the elemental resistance plus Materia and slap in some HP, MP, etc. Alongside equip heavy shield + force shield.

Xion86

Get the power and support cryst. And maybe the 10% moogle too. The rest are not worth it.

Think I'm going to go for 1 support, then see how much I get before the event ends and get the 10% Moogle :).

Yeah I got Yaluza 4 and 5 via PS Plus, and 4 was the first one I played. Such a fantastic game, loved the character driving story and how it's all interconnected, then how it all comes together for the ending. Quite enjoying 5 so far.

:O Definitely would be curious to know what you think of Xenoblade once you get through it. We got the red controller as well, but we bought it when it first came out in Japan for that.

Also surprised not having played CT. :O That was the shit on the SNES. Played and beat it there. But also played it on PS. Kind of want the DS version too just because. (Hated Chrono Cross though, ugh.)

Yeah I have Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X waiting to be played :). I actually started Xenoblade Chronicles just to see what it's like, but was playing something else at the time. I remember being really impressed at the scale of the game, but more so how it used something like the Materia system of Final Fantasy 7, so got quite excited over that. Looking forward to getting into it properly. That's cool that you bought those versions though and liked it so much! Wonder how long it will take me to finish haha.

On a side note, seems like quite a decent drop rate for Light Megacrysts at Mysidia Tower!

Muku

Lyrian, nice! :D I kind of gave up. So this morning was pulling while doing something else. Then pop. Nice surprise.

Yeah I have Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X waiting to be played :). I actually started Xenoblade Chronicles just to see what it's like, but was playing something else at the time. I remember being really impressed at the scale of the game, but more so how it used something like the Materia system of Final Fantasy 7, so got quite excited over that. Looking forward to getting into it properly. That's cool that you bought those versions though and liked it so much! Wonder how long it will take me to finish haha.

We have X. I played a little, but I have a really hard time getting into it. So I'm not far into that game at all. I want to play it... but it's just hard to get into for me.

You'll finish at... well depends on how distracted you get by quests, realizing quests can pop up in places at different times, etc. XD That's what had me going the first time.

tuffymon

XC and XCX are amazing games, and I got a switch for the main purpose of XC2, not to say i don't like BotW mind you, it too is an amazing game.

Rixa

Get rid of the elemental resistance plus Materia and slap in some HP, MP, etc. Alongside equip heavy shield + force shield.

Arsha's Talismans will fix the HP issue + giving some DEF & SPR. I dont have MP stuff for ability slots so EResistances will be there.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Arsha's Talismans will fix the HP issue + giving some DEF & SPR. I dont have MP stuff for ability slots so EResistances will be there.

Refia or Luka's TM fixes that. Lot of MP and SPR on a single item. I only have one equipped(Other three are DC, EHS, and HP+), but it takes care of all my issues. Combined with a Soluna Ring(If you have a C.Luna), Refia becomes a mana bot. since you should have 400+ MP and 5% Refresh. Won't need to worry about any other piece providing it and focus on pure defense.

Really hoping this week's banner and event is something good and not grindy. Either Eileen or 6* Tilith/Maxwell sounds nice.

Bought everything in the Moogle King shop worth a damn. (Everything except the poop materias and that beret thing). Still have almost 300k of currency. Thinking I will get 4 of the Crysts and then use whatever I have left over by the time the event ends to get 6* mats. Cryst wise..Power/Support/Tech?/?

Lyrian

We have X. I played a little, but I have a really hard time getting into it. So I'm not far into that game at all. I want to play it... but it's just hard to get into for me.

You'll finish at... well depends on how distracted you get by quests, realizing quests can pop up in places at different times, etc. XD That's what had me going the first time.

XC and XCX are amazing games, and I got a switch for the main purpose of XC2, not to say i don't like BotW mind you, it too is an amazing game.

They are different beasts, and I've finished both of them. I like the mech play and seamless world map of XCX, but the music is somewhat of a turn-off. XCX has more of a sci-fi and techno slant to it, while XB leans much more heavily towards a high-fantasy angle. To me, the sci-fi with a high-fantasy slant is more appealing than a pure techno fantasy. Not to say that one is bad, just that they scratch different itches. Some people will appreciate that, others will find it to be an annoying distraction. Looking forward to XB2, that's for sure.

Muku

I've noticed Exvius wiki has changed up it's ranking list for units. Feels more complicated now in a way. See they've also adapted a scoring system with S, A, etc. That wasn't there before from what I recall. Was it?

Definitely looking forward to Xenoblade 2. Seems to go back to it and I'm game for that.

Lyrian

Bought everything in the Moogle King shop worth a damn. (Everything except the poop materias and that beret thing). Still have almost 300k of currency. Thinking I will get 4 of the Crysts and then use whatever I have left over by the time the event ends to get 6* mats. Cryst wise..Power/Support/Tech?/?

Those are the big 3, tech being a somewhat distant 3rd. After that, it's rather niche and debatable.

tuffymon

They are different beasts, and I've finished both of them. I like the mech play and seamless world map of XCX, but the music is somewhat of a turn-off. XCX has more of a sci-fi and techno slant to it, while XB leans much more heavily towards a high-fantasy angle. To me, the sci-fi with a high-fantasy slant is more appealing than a pure techno fantasy. Not to say that one is bad, just that they scratch different itches. Some people will appreciate that, others will find it to be an annoying distraction. Looking forward to XB2, that's for sure.

I agree, both are very different, I enjoyed both though. I actually had someone say they had to return the game, due to the town music rap was so offputting... I have no qualms on the music or the most of the gameplay. Everything gets old if you play it long enough... I didn't like how the entire main story you were locked into the same 2 people, but I understand it. Wish they'd make a QoL adjustment with a com that lets you call whoever you wanted to be in the party instead of hunting them down every time...

Rixa

Refia or Luka's TM fixes that. Lot of MP and SPR on a single item. I only have one equipped(Other three are DC, EHS, and HP+), but it takes care of all my issues. Combined with a Soluna Ring(If you have a C.Luna), Refia becomes a mana bot. since you should have 400+ MP and 5% Refresh. Won't need to worry about any other piece providing it and focus on pure defense.

Really hoping this week's banner and event is something good and not grindy. Either Eileen or 6* Tilith/Maxwell sounds nice.

Yup. While doing those 3 Elle's Iam doing 2 singles. Soluna Band & Ring. Managed to grab one copy of both exclusive units when they were on banner.

Hoping too for something nice and not grindy event :D.

Kouriozan

cant seem to do the no ko mission on the espers

gonna start finishing the one hit KO team and go for that

Aww, good luck.
Honestly I would have waited for Ramza enhancements but when I saw the video I linked earlier I just wanted to go for it. For Ultros I'll definitely wait though.

Kettch

It's interesting on what JP's current update regarding Rainbow rate.

They increased the rate from 1% to 3% on Rainbows. That's a very good thing.

But....they lowered the chance of getting the banner 5* unit from that Rainbow to 33% instead of 50%. This is a bad thing for chasing specific 5* units.

I'd still take the 3% Rainbow rate over the lowered 33% banner unit anyway.

The changes make sense. They want to make it easier for new players to get some 5* units, but they still want all the money from whales trying to get the newest unit.

It's actually surprising that they didn't lower the banner unit to 16.5% to keep it the same. As it stands, they doubled the chance to get the banner 5*.

Anustart

So for a new player, should I just be rushing through the story asap, or grinding events?

Slowly going through this colloseum, taking forever and finally made it to a rank. Hopefully the rewards get better, as I got a recipe for high potion for the b rank clear. Big whoop, like I'll ever make those.

tuffymon

So for a new player, should I just be rushing through the story asap, or grinding events?

Slowly going through this colloseum, taking forever and finally made it to a rank. Hopefully the rewards get better, as I got a recipe for high potion for the b rank clear. Big whoop, like I'll ever make those.

The arena is hit and miss on stuff that's worthwhile, but the lapis is nice while it lasts, a few choice pieces of gear (which may be outdated now), and an alright sword recipe at the end (mats come from the arena)

Alkez

Agreed on all the grinding and burning out. I think it started with the Raid and Mog King combo and hasn't stopped since. I've beaten Kefka and done farming the event so this is the first week off I've had in some time.

Have you not played CT either?! :O

Yeah sadly not. As a kid I wasn't really well informed about games. I picked up whatever was in the store and had cool box art. I had heard the name but knew nothing about it. It was only when I read an article on IGN a couple of years back that talked about how Chrono Trigger is sort of like a personality test in game form that I knew I had to play it.

Also, the trash events and lack of banners means there's nothing interesting to discuss. Also all optimization and numbers talk is straight up boring because only a select few will be able to do that stuff anyways.

Oh yeah, I still need to complete Persona 5 so I rather spend all of my spare time on that.

And that, Azuran, is why I do off topic Sundays lol. Looking at today's posts half are OT. I know some people may not like that but it keeps the thread moving because as you say, sometimes there is just nothing in BE to discuss.

Damn Hippo, how do you get time to farm that much?? I would agree with those 3 and maybe Guard if you plan to use WoL?

Kouriozan

The kinda good news is that we should get story event and exploration back soon, I guess.

Story event are about characters from the Brave Exvius universe, first one will be about new characters but there will be some about Chizuru's family for example.

Sneak peek :

zS3O4yP.png
YquTY6C.png

Under "next" in the second image is Fohlen.

Beat the new story stuff today, got Titan. Can't find the energy to do the event anymore tho...i wouldn't mind some character updates at this point.

Aww, good luck.
Honestly I would have waited for Ramza enhancements but when I saw the video I linked earlier I just wanted to go for it. For Ultros I'll definitely wait though.

my current goal is to get my cupid lunas and setzers ready to go and on shot luck kill them

My team could likely do the 5 man no problem but i cant seem to prevent RNG deaths even with all buffs/debuffs and tank active

Muku

Beat the new story stuff today, got Titan. Can't find the energy to do the event anymore tho...i wouldn't mind some character updates at this point.

Gumi: YOU WANT THOSE? LOL!!! Here's more random trash we made up for a banner you'll enjoy pulling on for two weeks. No, you can't have your 6* WoL or Garland. Deal with it. /shades

Gumi: YOU WANT THOSE? LOL!!! Here's more random trash we made up for a banner you'll enjoy pulling on for two weeks. No, you can't have your 6* WoL or Garland. Deal with it. /shades

I was looking longingly at my WoL today, who has been benched for months!

Fucking hell, Gumi

Anustart

Just got my noctis to 6 stars. Got some flask abilities for him. How the he'll do I get trust faster? At the rate I'm going I'll hit 100% in about 17 years.

Also, I dabbled in arena because i figured it would start out with others near me, guess I was wrong. They went first and one shorted my entire team, that was fun and beginner friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom