• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Better yet, my post from 7 months ago (time flies!)

Chaining 2 endless is fun!
If only she had her 6* already!

wmRVSJYl.png

Syntsui

Triggered. That's like the new world everybody everywhere is saying nowadays. Makes me wonder from what pop psych book this is popularized from.

Tell me more...

Elza will probably have a top tier DEF breakdown, hopefully above 60%.

Dark Veritas is Dark Orlandu, two of them for chain goodness.

DKC has 750% ST 1 Hit Dark Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -100% Dark Resist (he will die if you dual wield, but that doesn't matter if you kill in one turn). Two of them for finishing goodness.

Ramza will give everyone +100% ATK.

It's one hell of an expensive team, but there are always that guy that pull for everything and I'm pretty sure there is a fair number of people haunted by that Troll Rainbow with DKC, I have 3 of him lol.

Lyrian

It's dead Jim

Undead, even.

Not sure what my morbid curiosity is with keeping his account around on the friends list. At least, when I keep the corpses of others' Elza's accounts, those are at least useful.

Elza, DKC, DKC2, Dark Veritas, Ramza + Dark Veritas friend = Win every battle in the game in one turn in the future as long as they don't resist dark?

Elza isn't locked into Dark element. Only her LB is, which is her only real chaining potential.

Breaks are element-neutral, and she can change her elements on her weapons to match the needed elemental chain of the moment.

But yeah, that looks potent. Incoming global exclusive enhancement to all future bosses for being light and dark resistant!

Syntsui

Undead, even.

Not sure what my morbid curiosity is with keeping his account around on the friends list. At least, when I keep the corpses of others' Elza's accounts, those are at least useful.

Elza isn't locked into Dark element. Only her LB is, which is her only real chaining potential.

Breaks are element-neutral, and she can change her elements on her weapons to match the needed elemental chain of the moment.

But yeah, that looks potent. Incoming global exclusive enhancement to all future bosses for being light and dark resistant!

I'm considering her because of her TM weapon, but she would be there just for breaks anyway.

Also, don't forget we just had a couple of bosses that were supposed to counter Orlandu (Wilhelm, Ultros, Echdna) and still, two Orlandus trivialized all of them. They will have to straight put immunity on the next bosses if they want to prevent chain cheeseness. But the thing is, with this Dark team DKC will completely remove said immunity with his -100% Dark resist, that's why I think this has the potential to be the most perfect team for clearing future content (not completing all the missions though).

Alkez

That would probably be a bit much at only 6* for her to do everything all in one.

Shine, and upcoming 6* Garland and enhanced DKC can handle the dark debuff.

If you think that's a lot you should Tidus' kit lol.

I just think that right now she's pretty much just a breaker because it's hard for her to do good amounts of damage. Dark debuffs could have really added to that.

Countering Orlandu before Orlandu was a thing, truly ahead of her time lol.

LOL

Yaaay I finally got the last reward for the raid!! Done farming it!

Booo I didnt get the esper kill in the new event for the final 10% trust moogle. Gotta do it again. bleh. I hate kill with esper missions. Feels like a crap shoot.

Rixa

Well Maxwell has 200% Light resistance, I wonder if that fight will be buffed.

That dark resist :D. Some random pics from last time:

Screenshot_20161114-214206.png
Screenshot_20161118-132534.png

Screenshot_20161118-152701.png
Screenshot_20161118-152556.png

Remember, Maxwell was added as 2nd week (18.11.16) of event. First week was grinding Vargas (14.11.16).
It will be super easy if Gumi doesn't boost it up nor add another difficulty for Maxwell 2 :p.

Shouta

You can. The only thing I feel she is necessary for is the Robot because there is a no white magic challenge. But otherwise I think you can get by without her tbh.

Let's be real for a second, everyone loves to make a big deal about every top tier unit and JP strategy and claim that they're absolutely necessary. Last year people in this thread were saying we had to prepare for a double tank meta, it was the only viable team comp in the future and if you didn't run it you would fail everything. I have never in my BE life used double tank. I don't even have a second tank levelled up to use. And even if I did I don't even see a use for it.

In short just use what you want to use man. It's nice to get opinions and advice but people exaggerate everything. In specific challenges there are certainly some must have units, but for your general main team just run what you like. You can find a way to win regardless in this game.

You don't need Tilith for Robot. There's any number of options to do that fight without using white magic. The most notable early on is Enhanced Luka who does the most per turn of all healers even including Ayaka. Later, Eiko and Garnet become available for that as well.

Daily: Cyan

Sigh.

At least enhancements will help my Firion out. But it sounds like I'll be stuck with Chiz, Cecil, Setzer/Firion, Y'shtola, and Exdeath/Millinia for a while for teams. I'm sitting on 20k lapis and about 10 tickets waiting for something to spend it on.

Alkez

Man I remember how big of a deal getting Maxwell was back then. The first attack +30% materia in GL.

You don't need Tilith for Robot. There's any number of options to do that fight without using white magic. The most notable early on is Enhanced Luka who does the most per turn of all healers even including Ayaka. Later, Eiko and Garnet become available for that as well.

You're saying the same thing I was no? No unit is absolutely necessary despite what people in this thread might say. But certain challenges will require certain units.

I only said Tilith because he was asking about Tilith specifically lol. But also if we follow the GL release schedule we're going to get the Robot next month and Luka hasn't been enhanced yet. I did think about her but in her un-enhanced form I wasn't sure if she can heal enough.

Shouta

Man I remember how big of a deal getting Maxwell was back then. The first attack +30% materia in GL.

You're saying the same thing I was no? No unit is absolutely necessary despite what people in this thread might say. But certain challenges will require certain units.

I only said Tilith because he was asking about Tilith specifically lol. But also if we follow the GL release schedule we're going to get the Robot next month and Luka hasn't been enhanced yet. I did think about her but in her un-enhanced form I wasn't sure if she can heal enough.

I said she wasn't necessary for robot either where you said you felt she was necessary. =P

I don't think Robot will be out for GL next month. It's way too soon and the power jump from Ultros and Chupon to him is massive.

Zalasta

Is it possible to take an under leveled party into the last stage of the Gathering? It just seem like a waste of XP if I have to take my best party to complete all the missions.

Muku

A classic. If I get Tilith, that'd be cool. But I didn't get her last round and don't expect her this round either.

OMG WHERE WAS THIS? THIS IS MY FIRST TIME SEEING. GOLD. Absolute GOLD! He didn't get my salt. He did get all 85 tickets and 5k Lapis though. So I guess I did submit to that portion of his castle.

Kind of looking forward to Maxwell again. Maybe this time I can get her. Maybe. :( I remember it having stupid requirements. On the up side for current Maxwell owners... get your second for another TM?

So jelly. Congrats!

Thank you! :D

evangd007

BF event sounds like a huge trap. Vargas will probably be trash even with his GL exclusive enhancements and Karl and Seria are both trash, so the banner isn't that great to begin with. Even if I don't chase Tilith and just pull for bonus units the rate is depressed due to no 3*s on the banner.

No 11 pulls. GUMI is expecting everyone to go apeshit on the banner just before the anniversary. That way you have to spend more. Save it for the Anniversary. I'm sure whatever they have will be worth it.

What are we really expecting out of anniversary? JP had curated, limited banners with good units, and if it's just that in GL then I'm not terribly interested. They'd have to bust out a guaranteed 5* limited pull, 5* rate up, or bring Ling back to get my attention.

Besides, FFX is going to be soon. Probably after the Mobius/WoL/E3 banner.

Syntsui

I expect a free 11 summon at very least, it's not like there is too much for them to lose considering the pool is immense and most will just pull trash as always. Some limited events with nice gear would be fun too.

Muku

I expect a free 11 summon at very least, it's not like there is too much for them to lose considering the pool is immense and most will just pull trash as always. Some limited events with nice gear would be fun too.

I would expect an incoming 11 Shadow pull! Wooo!

Alkez

I said she wasn't necessary for robot either where you said you felt she was necessary. =P

I don't think Robot will be out for GL next month. It's way too soon and the power jump from Ultros and Chupon to him is massive.

Loool ok fair enough. I didn't mean it as literally as I wrote it haha. You get what I meant though.

See I was thinking that as well but we've had a trial literally every month apart from February which I think was because we had CNY followed shortly by valentine's. Depending what they do for the anniversary it could push things back and maybe we get it in August? I can't see it happening much later than that though because then it will ever 3 months without a trial. Maybe we'll get Luka's enhancements in the July batch.

What are we really expecting out of anniversary?

The only thing I expect (but don't expect of them) is an Orlandu banner, an Aileen banner, a Fryevia banner, and I'm going to make a bold prediction and say the return of the CNY banner (too many people want Ling!)

What I personally would like to see is those 1 day single unit banners that JP had at one point. I feel like that could give us a chance to go after multiple strong units. But I guess that only really helps the whales or the compulsive savers (I'm the latter).

c-murph

Elza will probably have a top tier DEF breakdown, hopefully above 60%.

Dark Veritas is Dark Orlandu, two of them for chain goodness.

DKC has 750% ST 1 Hit Dark Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -100% Dark Resist (he will die if you dual wield, but that doesn't matter if you kill in one turn). Two of them for finishing goodness.

Ramza will give everyone +100% ATK.

It's one hell of an expensive team, but there are always that guy that pull for everything and I'm pretty sure there is a fair number of people haunted by that Troll Rainbow with DKC, I have 3 of him lol.

I have 3 (Elza, DKC, DKC) of the 5 from that glorious team. Gunning for Dark Veritas now. And I'm sure GUMI will drop Ramza on my lap soon enough.

If that happened to me I'd email CS and demand my money back... or a reroll.

Dandte

Folks i'm back from my 5 day vacation without wifi and only edge mobile data. It was wonderful not being bothered by the www.

I was able to do my dailies but not more. Still need to rerun for Lapis, do the titan Trial, the story Event and the new trial.

Also looks like we get 6* Tillith, neat. and it looks like there was some clash over on reddit.
Did i miss something in our little BE GAF family?

Lyrian

Not possible, because Shadow isn't a base gold crystal.

A more realistic pull then is in order :)

Shadow
Lani
Sabin
Clyne
Anzelm
Russell
Vivi
Bedile
Fran
Cyan
Hope

A masterpiece of an 11 pull if I've ever seen one :)

Dandte

Not possible, because Shadow isn't a base gold crystal.

A more realistic pull then is in order :)

Shadow
Lani
Sabin
Clyne
Anzelm
Russell
Vivi
Bedile
Fran
Cyan
Hope

A masterpiece of an 11 pull if I've ever seen one :)

You are missing a couple penelos.

Lyrian

Also looks like we get 6* Tillith, neat. and it looks like there was some clash over on reddit.
Did i miss something in our little BE GAF family?

Internally in Exvius-GAF? Nah.

All the drama has been external this past week.

Tilith is this week,
WoL 6* is very likely next week (confirmed "before end of June" by devs).

Anniversary stuff will very likely start when the BF-2 banner ends in two weeks.

Anniversary stuff will be announced at E3 on Wed/Thurs, with global receiving a lot of QoL updates and "a whole lot more". Had a thought about what that might be, but I've got no basis for support on it. Will have to wait for the E3 announcement.

There's a theme to the list and why Penelo isn't on it :)

Edit: Now that I think about it, one of the units breaks the theme, so Penelo could have been on the list.

Muku

OMG THIS! That and a Garnet. I dunno what Gumi's deal is giving me Golds these days on my main... to open it up and it is a fucking Garnet. WTF.
Also maybe left out a stupid Freya. They'll make her good one day... right? :(

I think I am someone who could somehow manage an 11 Shadow pull. Because that's how much luck has been lately. I almost kind of miss Shadow versus these fucking shit Russells and Marias. Holy crap.

Muku

Well, used rest of Cactaur that I had left over from Fohlen not using and from pulls earlier today. (Wasn't that many.) 4* Amelia to 6* 90. Almost there~ Anything else I get will go to her until I cap. Now I gotta figure out what to do with her... after this Xbox conference...

Edit: LOL husband was just joking before it came on "What are they going to name it? X? Hahaha."

Then they show name? Facepalm. Wow. LOL Xbox One X.

Celegus

Don't care at all about the EA, Microsoft, Bethesda, Ubisoft stuff... usually I like Nintendo's the best and maybe something at Sony's but honestly I'm way more hyped for all the Exvius/Mobius stuff over anything else.

robotuw

Since nobody posted her yet, here's Maxwell's 6th star. Not anything game-breaking but plenty of nifty boosts: auto-refresh, dispelga attack, man-eater, 50% light resist, 30% hp, esunaga+status resist, and a finisher.

Well, there it is, BF part 2. Hurry up and get this garbo out of the way so we can get FFX ;.p I will be happy to finally get a power of creation though, couldn't beat Maxwell the first time around. Time for revenge! It won't even be worth putting on Noctis anymore since Quick Assault is a better fit for him but I need more ATK 30% materias for when Tidus comes so I will gladly take this. Skittle bitch can rot, Refia for lyf....till Ayaka!

The Story Event is really making me want these banner units. I already got Camille on a daily!

Any mission that asks for wind, just equip Survival Edge, or any other wind weapon. For earth missions I use Exdeath's Earth Crusher, but Golem Staff would work too.

I beat Titan once. Cant seem to pull off a 2nd victory using the same units and strat... (at least 120 NRG wasted) trying to get that no item clear, I didnt have stona equipped on my Yshtola on my victory run.

edit - @Valentus - Ive come to rely on and love your videos. You have a great sense of humor. The unit vids are the best. Ive feel like I dont really know if I want a unit or not until I see your vid on it.

I want Amelia

Oh good god. I force myself to keep these elemental weapons for unique situations like this and yet it didn't occur to me to do this. Thanks! ExDeath alone covers every element but wind and water inherently so these aren't bad.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I remembered when people bitched about not having Int Maze.

Now... it's more like what I am going to do with the 150 cacturs I have or how I need more 5* mats.

Anyways, about done with the Story Quest. One more to go, so I'll finish it off tonight. I'll go after the support Gains this time if they have em for the Mog King. So I'll have enough to Awaken Ramza right away. Finished off Edgar's TM and now doing Arc. Just going to keep slowly clearing out the backlog of TMs. Also put in some work to the first part of the new story. Been a pretty productive week if I say so myself. Also capped off my first Brave Suit, cleared the FFIV trial again,

Brought back a lot of memories. This was before most of us had 6* units. Cecil just came out and the blessed had Lightning. So my team was Buttz, WoL, Chizzy, Leanna, and Kefka. Took like half an hour too... compared to now where my Noctis sneeze and they all die.

Prophanity

Neo Member
Happy to get another shot at Maxwell, as I was just not powerful enough at the time, nor did I have any carry friends.

Finally got Beasts of the Dark done today. Bless who ever came up with that Edgar Setzer cheese team. It was glorious!

Noctis now up to 900 attack with Golem as esper. Still got plenty of friend spots left gaffers!

Alkez

Off Topic Microsoft thoughts:

• Xbox One X lol...see above
  • New Metro :eek: awesome
  • Dragonball Fighters actually looks...good. Wtf. It looks like Guilty Gear with with DB characters. I know it's made by arc but I wasn't expecting that. Colour me intrigued
  • I could have stopped watching there lol
  • Though I was happy to see another Life is Strange. I liked that game
  • Also why did they have those 2 professional drivers at the beginning and talk about them racing on Forza and then it never happened. I found that weird
  • Wrote this as I was watching. Anthem looks gorgeous, damn

Syntsui

New Life is Strange in less than 2 months is the best thing I could take from that conference. DB Fighterz looks absolutely fantastic but with no release date there's hardly any reason to be excited as I already knew it was coming from the leak.

Celegus

New Life is Strange in less than 2 months is the best thing I could take from that conference. DB Fighterz looks absolutely fantastic but with no release date there's hardly any reason to be excited as I already knew it was coming from the leak.

Whoaaaaa new Life is Strange!? Gotta check that out!!!

Meh on the MS presser. Hardware is very nice but a console at $500? Nah. I would still get all multiplats on PS as that is my ecosystem of choice so only 2 new exclusive first party games (forza and Ori) aren't enough for me yet. I'm weak though and will probably get one anyway. Most intriguing thing is the full BC with enhancements.

Lyrian

Oh god, where the hell do I start here?

My B-School self was screaming at all of the logical presentation errors by Microsoft. They totally fucked this up hardcore.

So....

First, the console needs branding scope. Ok. Technical buzzwords everywhere. That's fine. The console is being positioned as one of power. That's fine.

But then, why did the majority of games look so bad? It's ok for indies to not demonstrate photorealism, but if your goal is to say "buy me because this you need this kind of power that the PS4 Pro doesn't have", indies are NOT the right vehicle to deliver this message.

EPIC FAIL that Microsoft can't follow it's branding scope: Minecraft in 4k. Psst... hey Microsoft.... the reason why people play is NOT because of the graphical fidelity of the Minecraft world. Completely missed the mark here. Microsoft spent 15 minutes on Sea of Thieves, which looks like a MMO from last generation? Not exactly showing off that 6TF of power, Microsoft.

Outside of Anthem at the very, very end (which was probably bullshots), nothing in that entire conference presented a definitive statement of "I need a Xbox One X" to play this.

Also... who needs the power of 6TF to play original Xbox games? A nice feature, for sure, but incredibly off message.

STRIKE ONE.

Second, the name... Xbox One X.

With this name, Microsoft fails to differentiate the new console from the other consoles in the Xbox One brand. They couldn't just make Scorpio its own thing. Nope, it's merely a "Xbox One Pro", because they didn't want to alienate their existing userbase (but they want you to upgrade, lol?).

Anyone care to remember the debacle with the name "Wii U" that greatly assisted with Nintendo falling from the reigning champion of consoles to being in dead last place in the previous generation?

STRIKE TWO.

And then the price... $499 USD. In a world where wealth inequality is increasing by the day, who has the disposable income to purchase this? Microsoft had already failed to present a convincing case to the audience on why this console was necessary, but the $499 price tag was the final nail in the coffin.

At the very best case scenario for Microsoft, is an extra $100 really worth the 2 extra TF to the average buyer during the holidays? Probably not to the vast majority of people.

At the worst case scenario, the bar has been set so very, very low for Sony for its conference. All Sony really needs to do is to show "we have the games" and it's over. If Sony is feeling merciless, a $50 price cut on the PS4 Pro will absolutely seal the deal once and for all. With a $150 base price differential, the Xbox One X is absolutely DOA outside of extreme diehard enthusiasts.

STRIKE THREE.

Bonus screw-up: What was Microsoft's system killer title? Where was Halo? Gears of War? Do they really think that Forza 7 and Sea of Thieves are going to compel the masses to pay $499 for an Xbox One X?

Ring the bell folks and throw in the towel, it's over. If somehow, in some impossible parallel universe, that Sony's presentation screws up so badly that Xbox One X still has an opening for life in the holidays, that would be a worse debacle than "$599USD". Sony just has to show up and minimally stay the course to be seen as the winner for this year. between them and Microsoft.

All that's left to debate is how bad the bloodbath will be tomorrow night.

Muku

Best thing from MS conference was the unifying Minecraft.* Might have to get a second Switch so my husband and I can build a grand world on a server together. (Could play in a world now, but lack of being able to find colored Joycons at all is well.. yeah.)

*unless you are on Playstation

tuffymon

Anniversary stuff will very likely start when the BF-2 banner ends in two weeks.

Anniversary stuff will be announced at E3 on Wed/Thurs, with global receiving a lot of QoL updates and "a whole lot more". Had a thought about what that might be, but I've got no basis for support on it. Will have to wait for the E3 announcement.

Wonder if we'll get the Ex system or the friend system.

Well at least Microsoft listened and showed games.

The problem I have with MS is that yes they showed a shit ton of games, but none of them. NOT A SINGLE GAME is only available on that platform. What is the point of a console if you don't have exclusive games on that console? That is all I wanted from them, games I can't play on anything else. I have a gaming PC, a PS4 and PS4 Pro, Switch, Wii U, shit I have everything except an Xbox of any form at the moment. The fact that the main driving force to me wanting an X1X is to play 360 and original Xbox games is not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom