• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

The problem I have with MS is that yes they showed a shit ton of games, but none of them. NOT A SINGLE GAME is only available on that platform.

Completely agree with this. There were only two games of note: Metro and Anthem. Both will be available on PC. So why exactly would I get an Xbox One X specifically? Unless I'm new to gaming and this is my first console I don't see the point personally.

But as strikeninja says, at least there were games to see lmao. I'll never forget that conference, never.

robotuw

I agree. The conference got me excited for the games, but not the platform. Since I can play almost everything they showed on PC/PS4 why do I need an XBox One, much less a $500 XBX (pronounced eks-beks)?

CGwizz

I have lots of tickets but i am waiting for the news on anniversary to spennd them all.
Ihope we get some good shit on anniversay

Ken

At least we get all the E3 announcements before BF banner drops.

There will also be that France Fanfest thing Visceir brought up on the 20th.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I have lots of tickets but i am waiting for the news on anniversary to spennd them all.
Ihope we get some good shit on anniversay

Unless you're new, I wouldn't hold my breath on the Anni banners being good if they are similar to how JPN did it.

If they do it like JPN, the banners will be pretty much set.

5* will be Orlandu, Noctis, Aileen, and probably TT. Maybe Ramza or one of the GL Exclusive.
4* will be Agrais, Sezter, WoL, Chizzy,
3* will be Cecil, Zid, Butzz, maybe Firion and largely the old 6* units or ones with good TMs.

What I hope for is them doing the grantee 5* pull ones, but I'd prefer it much later down the road then now. When we have a larger pool and at the next power curve.

Few more notes looking over the current notes.
-It seems like Tidus will be coming shortly after the Anni, or even during. Next exploration is FFX. Assuming the Anni will involve a Raid. But the following week should be the next content update, assuming with WoL and Garland 6*. Following should be the Anni Raid.
-To those doubting Vargas, I'm really expecting him to be up there. Gumi has been knocking it out of the park with new units and even their updates to old ones have been solid. Look at Rem, few changes and she's top tier.
-I'm expecting a heck of a lot of tears on the FFBE Mog King. Banner is going be trash for sure. Really hoping we can get another Maxwell, not just for chains, but also being able to score another 100%. I'll have three spots filled then on my own team, plus friend for 375%.

Kouriozan

I'm actually impressed we are getting Firion enhancements so soon.
I don't want to ask to much but maybe reduce the number of T4 crysts need by a bit, please :')

Muku

I just wanted to point out to Lyrian and the three strikes.. they indeed do. XboXoneX. Three right there. ;D

Celegus

Hit refresh to see if there was anything new and noticed someone just got banned? Crazy how they do that >.>; (CGwizz) D:

RIP

E3 tends to do that I guess. I dunno, don't really venture outside of Exvius GAF too much.

New Xbox sounds dumb, but GO PENS!!!

robotuw

LOL!

My first impression when I saw the name was to acronym it as Xbox One X, or XoX.

Sounds like "socks"?

I like that one too. Another idea: xbone + x -> xbonex -> xbonx -> bonx
Sounds like "bonks."

Although to be serious for a second it'll probably just get called the One-X.

Valentus

i just want a fucking Dragon Ball game that plays like Mahvel. Why cant you do that Bamco?!?!?

Cuphead must the the most beautiful cartoon-type game of all time. I just cant believe that this is a game and not just a cartoon.

Always scare me when that happens.
Anyway if CGwizz want to speak to us still, there is that discord server. (link in the OP)

I see that The Doc was banned too.

Lyrian

Remember, we also lost CCIE when she decided to post in off-topic one night.

Many parts of GAF nowadays are simply too toxic to one's account health to even dare risking a post if you aren't already a direct member of the community you are posting in. It's practically a bloodsport out there.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
What's life without getting a few scars?

*Goes back to OT*

3a5.jpg

Doctor_No

Finally hit that rank 150 cap. I've been trying to go slow to avoid hitting it. Now that I hit it it feels like everything I do I'm wasting rank exp and lapis.

I hope the rank 200 level cap gets introduced soon.

I also did 150 pulls today, only rainbow was Delita. Out of all those pulls I only got three Ameilas and four Ilias (it took me nearly 100 pulls before my first Ilias showed up). The banner 4* drop rate is insanely low.

Finally hit that rank 150 cap. I've been trying to go slow to avoid hitting it. Now that I hit it it feels like everything I do I'm wasting rank exp and lapis.

I also did 150 pulls today, only rainbow was Delita. Out of all those pulls I only got three Ameilas and four Ilias (it took me nearly 100 pulls before my first Ilias showed up). The banner 4* drop rate is insanely low.

Daaaammmmn. What the hell is the point of banner units if the rates to get them are such garbage?? I feel like we have just as much of a chance to get them off banner.

Celegus

Daaaammmmn. What the hell is the point of banner units if the rates to get them are such garbage?? I feel like we have just as much of a chance to get them off banner.

Small sample size, RNG, etc etc. Plenty of people getting Amelia/Ilias and even the occasional Fohlen on a daily already. Not really anything new.

Lyrian

What's life without getting a few scars?

*Goes back to OT*

I've personally got too many life scars that haven't healed up to deal with being outcast from another community. It took me a very long time to commit to joining GAF, and I don't think my psyche could take another mental blow to psyche anytime in the near future.

What were you grinding that got you to the cap? It's relatively hard to hit 150 at the moment lacking friend levels without some serious rank xp grinding somewhere.

Doctor_No

What were you grinding that got you to the cap? It's relatively hard to hit 150 at the moment lacking friend levels without some serious rank xp grinding somewhere.

TM farming mostly; I've farmed over 300+ TMs, but I avoided doing high-rank experience quests. For instance, I haven't bothered to go back and pick up lapis rewards from story quests.

Out of my friends list, I was on the slower side to hit 150. I have a couple dozen that have hit rank 150 months back.

bonkeng

Elza will probably have a top tier DEF breakdown, hopefully above 60%.

Dark Veritas is Dark Orlandu, two of them for chain goodness.

DKC has 750% ST 1 Hit Dark Physical Attack & ST 3 Turn -100% Dark Resist (he will die if you dual wield, but that doesn't matter if you kill in one turn). Two of them for finishing goodness.

Ramza will give everyone +100% ATK.

It's one hell of an expensive team, but there are always that guy that pull for everything and I'm pretty sure there is a fair number of people haunted by that Troll Rainbow with DKC, I have 3 of him lol.

You have Orlandu. There's no need to pull your own DV. They chain perfectly well together.

Pejo

Argh, wasn't keeping track of the final event boss's individual HP levels, and killed the one without getting esper kill for the moogle. Another 80 NRG down the drain.

Looks like a busy few weeks in FFBE ahead of us. I'm not pulling on the Vargas banner, and I really hope we get a few Anniversary banners. I need an Orlandu, but I don't want to have to pull on a multi 5* base banner.

I really like these story events. Lots of bang for your buck, and the rewards are great. Plus I only have to do like 2-3 runs a day and my NRG is used up.

Off topic, congrats to the Pens fans in the thread, XboneX was underwhelming, and I just watched the new Pirates movie, it was actually pretty entertaining.

Ken

-To those doubting Vargas, I'm really expecting him to be up there. Gumi has been knocking it out of the park with new units and even their updates to old ones have been solid. Look at Rem, few changes and she's top tier.

AFAIK he's just getting number tweaks on two of his existing moves (maybe the highest multiplier on a physical AOE for GL) so I don't know if we'll get another Rem situation where they got a completely original skill that gives them new functionality (DW daggers was pretty doo-doo). Maybe FoH multi-hit for chaining with...another Vargas? IDK.

Sacred Brave
160% AoE Physical Attack & AoE 3 Turn +60% ATK

Flame of Holiness
180% AoE 1 Hit Fire Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF

Rixa

Reddits Defiant Hermit does it again :)

DH said:
Let's get the real numbers here by calculating their effective modifiers per turn. That is, let's calculate the modifiers when chaining with an exact copy of themselves.

Tri-beam's effective modifiers are:

(30%) 616%
(30%) 924%
(30%) 1232%
(10%) 4950%
Now let's check T.Terra's:

Unenhanced (no Magi Awakening) Chaos Wave has 522%
Enhanced (w/ Magi Awakening) Chaos Wave has 1404% over 2 turns, so 702% per turn
See how absurdly different those numbers are? That's not even taking the rest of your party into account to make use of those ridiculous -75% imperils.

The only thing T.Terra has going over enhanced Ace is the ability to wield swords for L&As. She loses pretty much everywhere else.

Boom boom pow.

Muku

Whew. Catching up while winding down from a concert. Music going to be on the brain all night.

iCuphead must the the most beautiful cartoon-type game of all time. I just cant believe that this is a game and not just a cartoon.

I want. But not on an Xbox.

Also, glad to see Pens won!!

Random ticket since I'm bored. Golbez. Now I'm bored and regretful.

Dear god, sounds like my luck. Todays pull consisted of Russell and Maria. I figured one ticket couldn't hurt. Then out came Maria. I ended up using a second ticket later. I can't even remember what flaming garbage I got out of that. I was pissed though.

Edit: Random though, but what are the #s for pulling a rainbow on-banner versus off? Seems I can only ever get the units on banner. Makes me die inside for things like Gilga, Ramza, Lightning, and Noctis. (And Fryevia and Reberta. For TM purposes.)

across

Considering his damage is physical, even though it scales with MAG, he should still be worse than her where it matters (That Moon boss that is supposed to beaten with magic).

You're talking about Wild Card; the post is comparing post-enhancement Tri-beam Laser. Also Wild Card does magic damage anyway, so...

I'm hoping Wild Card gets some cool GL-exclusive enhancements. Ace seems like a damned handy unit, I wish he would have been my Type-0 troll rainbow on the Rem banner instead of Queen.

Syntsui

You're talking about Wild Card; the post is comparing post-enhancement Tri-beam Laser. Also Wild Card does magic damage anyway, so...

It says it's magical damage but it was resisted by that General Boss and Willhelm, it's physical damage in practice. Now if that was not intended to be, that's another matter.

Rixa

Story event done. Aside from one +15% MP managed to grab all the mission rewards
Died in last battle once (I did use Lapis to revive). Minfilia was wrong choice for 5 man party. Protection of Gods (2x) procced 0 times when she was hit.
My advice, take healer & tank :p. My party was:

Noc \ Noc \ Greg \ Lightning \ Minfilia

Aside from one +15% MP managed to grab all the mission rewards

Shouta

Info for Season 2 Fina is out and she looks really good. It looks like her kit is really complete as as white mage and she has offensive capabilities thanks to having some of Majin Fina's moveset with some unique stuff of her own. Basically, Majin Fina + Ayaka without the black magic spells. Ayaka gets a little more on the status ailment curing front because she can cure stop would be the only thing.

For all intents and purposes though, she's better than Ayaka which is pretty nutty.

fionel

Just when I thought healers cannot get any better than Ayaka here it is with the new Fina. I told myself I'm not gonna roll on this banner but the moment I saw her moveset I'm like shit looks like I'll be burning through all my tickets for her.

I have Ayaka and Yuna already why the fuck am I still so greedy lol. Sigh the grip of fucking gacha.

Shouta

Just when I thought healers cannot get any better than Ayaka here it is with the new Fina. I told myself I'm not gonna roll on this banner but the moment I saw her moveset I'm like shit looks like I'll be burning through all my tickets for her.

I have Ayaka and Yuna already why the fuck am I still so greedy lol. Sigh the grip of fucking gacha.

She's pretty great and you get a really good magic attacker as well. Not to the same level as Sage Sakura but Lotus Fina is pretty solid if you need to rotate her that way.

I charged up my Lapis some more today. The 1.5x EX points and the fact I didn't get Hawkeye since my purchase last week pushed me. I want him if I can. First 10+1 pull on his banner, I got 2 Charlottes/Carlies. So I move over to Lotus Fina and do a 10+1 pull aaaand...

Wtf is with my luck!? I got both banner 5-stars on one pull. I'm melting.

I hope my last 10+1 on Hawkeye's banner nets him.

Edit: I got Hawkeye on my last 10+1. I'm officially dead.

Ken

She's pretty great and you get a really good magic attacker as well. Not to the same level as Sage Sakura but Lotus Fina is pretty solid if you need to rotate her that way.

I charged up my Lapis some more today. The 1.5x EX points and the fact I didn't get Hawkeye since my purchase last week pushed me. I want him if I can. First 10+1 pull on his banner, I got 2 Charlottes/Carlies. So I move over to Lotus Fina and do a 10+1 pull aaaand...

WTF IS WITH MY LUCK!? I got both banner 5-stars on one pull. I'm melting.

wow disgusting pull

Rixa

Glad that Iam not playing JPBE, could be envy about those pulls :D.
Huge grats. Gacha RNG gods smiled upon to you.

Edit: Is Amarant banner unit or just normal rng in gacha to get 2 in one multi

fionel

LOL holy shit man!!

You're not making it any easier for me hahaha

Shouta

wow disgusting pull

Glad that Iam not playing JPBE, could be envy about those pulls :D.
Huge grats. Gacha RNG gods smiled upon to you.

Thanks, lol.

To summarize. for 100 USD I got:

Lotus Fina, Kunshira, Hawkeye, and Lorraine (from EX Points) plus all the other 3 and 4 stars.

I guess spending once every 5~6 months nets me some serious luck.

Edit: It's just RNG for Amarant.

tuffymon

Thanks, lol.

Lotus Fina, Kunshira, Hawkeye, and Lorraine (from EX Points) plus all the other 3 and 4 stars.

I'm happy for you, jealous of what you did, and disgusted at such luck that I'll never have /flips a table

fionel

If the old rate was 5% for 5* from +4* tix. Is the new rate ~7%?
Or was JP rainbow rate something else than ~1% earlier?

The new rainbow rate doesn't affect the rate on +4* tickets. So still 5%.

To me that significantly lowers the value of +4* tickets compared to normal tix.

Kouriozan

Daaaamn, thatt's some crazy luck there, grats!

Thanks, lol.

Congrats !! That is definitely some luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom