• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

PITTSBURGH!!!!!!! We did it!! Back to back champions. I'm so happy right now. Makes up for this boring ass E3 lol.

Bethesda conference was meh. Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein are cool but that was it really. There wasn't really anything to get excited about.

On topic, daily was Camille finally.

I don't really need her but I liked her from the story missions. Something she said really resonated with me.

"I'm not after money. I just want the strength to live on my own."

I just wanted to point out to Lyrian and the three strikes.. they indeed do. XboXoneX. Three right there. ;D

Lmao!!

i just want a fucking Dragon Ball game that plays like Mahvel. Why cant you do that Bamco?!?!?

You didn't like what you saw? To me it looked like Guilty Gear and imo that's a very good thing.

Wtf is with my luck!? I got both banner 5-stars on one pull. I'm melting.

I hope my last 10+1 on Hawkeye's banner nets him.

Edit: I got Hawkeye on my last 10+1. I'm officially dead.

I'm so done with this. Please tell me you have bought some lottery tickets in the last week cause this luck is actually ridiculous lol. Congrats man, you deserve it for all the help you've given us.

Lyrian

She's pretty great and you get a really good magic attacker as well. Not to the same level as Sage Sakura but Lotus Fina is pretty solid if you need to rotate her that way.

I charged up my Lapis some more today. The 1.5x EX points and the fact I didn't get Hawkeye since my purchase last week pushed me. I want him if I can. First 10+1 pull on his banner, I got 2 Charlottes/Carlies. So I move over to Lotus Fina and do a 10+1 pull aaaand...

See you in the afterlife. That's some legitimately insane luck.

HomesIice

If I had Ayaka/Eiko/Yuna, it would be the smart thing to only do dailies right?

Also, are there any substitutes for Ramza/Roy/Runera? A support unit for my main team seems to be the main thing i'm missing!

Zalasta

I'm not quite sure what there is to be excited about new ability enhancements. It's not as if they are so easily obtainable that the average player is knocking them out and running out of them. I honestly don't even foresee being able to get my first one in months. So yeah, I can't get excited about something I won't be able to acquire through reasonable means.

Rixa

I'm not quite sure what there is to be excited about new ability enhancements. It's not as if they are so easily obtainable that the average player is knocking them out and running out of them. I honestly don't even foresee being able to get my first one in months. So yeah, I can't get excited about something I won't be able to acquire through reasonable means.

Have you already done Story Event? If you manage do the missions needed, you get nice amounts of Purecrysts & Giancrysts.

Exviuswiki | The Gathering, do note that event is here only limited time, ~10 days to go. And it will eat _alot_ of energy (680) but its well worth to do it. Mission rewards:

Lapis 500
Rare Summon Ticket (3)
5* Star Rarity Trust Moogle (ALL 10%)
Two of each ability awakening materials
Gaia Blade
Whitebrim
DEF +15%
SPR +15%
MP +15%
Null Paralysis
Fine Alcryst (3)
Screamroot (3)
Star Quartz (4)
Hi-Potion
X-Potion
Ether
Turbo Ether
Remedy
Phoenix Down
Elixir

Doctor_No

Wow!! Congrats!!

Fina is absolutely bonkers; dual-cast, elemental-buff, re-raise, Ulitma, AOE 100% raise, Displega, aoe MP heal, Entrust, and her Sacred Burst multi-hit attack is SPR based. She's legit become the best unit in the game.

Also, that Kunshira cat looks really amazing as well. built-in DW, multi-hit multi-imperil hybrid attacker.

The problem I have with MS is that yes they showed a shit ton of games, but none of them. NOT A SINGLE GAME is only available on that platform. What is the point of a console if you don't have exclusive games on that console? That is all I wanted from them, games I can't play on anything else. I have a gaming PC, a PS4 and PS4 Pro, Switch, Wii U, shit I have everything except an Xbox of any form at the moment. The fact that the main driving force to me wanting an X1X is to play 360 and original Xbox games is not a good thing.

That's always been their thing though. They get that money from the PC sales as well, and really want to push for that cross play to be a thing. That's the thing, these executives only really see figures and are using the platform to push 4k in their marketing. They don't understand the game market at all, and it's really holding back the gaming industry. I've got every current console right now except the Switch, and honestly I'd like to push my friends into PC gaming if possible in the future, rather than have them spread out across multiple platforms.

I saw the X (what a dumb name, it's going to easily confuse consumers) and went "Well that's neat, but I have a 1100 dollar gaming rig that I'll use instead". But not everyone does. A lot of gamers are not technologically sound, to put it nicely. This console wasn't marketed to us. It's marketed to the general meathead that sticks with FPS games and little else and plays with his bros. I chalked up this obnoxiously fake team speech fad going on to that kind of marketing as well.

c-murph

I just starting the gathering storyline... and I feel like the battles should let you play as the highlight characters of the banner here.

Dandte

HMdU38v.jpg
One day i will play jpn.

Doctor_No

This Titan trial, shit. Fucking bullshit!

Anyone that used Minifila for this, what was your team?

The Titan trial definitely took me a bunch of tries. For me, it was understanding the mechanics; when to hit that 60% threshold, making sure you have his atk/mag debuffed, and that you can survive his hits.

If you're using Minfilia make sure you're aware that his attacks are non-elemental magic; meaning that Earthen Fury isn't an Earth move; hence her Soil Guard doesn't help in this battle, and that keeping his magic debuffed (and your spr buffed) really helps. For me, taking a second healer, like Refia, helped me.

Also note that most of his moves can be evaded. I've noticed whales like Dyer having 100% evade Wilhelm as their friend units. So using a 100% evade Ling or Noctis can be helpful. But keep in mind that with 100% units you still have to avoid Titan's Landslide that kicks your member of your party.

Pejo

Argh, these "kill with esper" missions will be the end of me.

Can somebody clarify when the esper hit has to occur to have it count? Is it anytime after the monster's HP is gone, or does it have to be the specific hit that gets the "overkill" message?

I've been queuing it up to go:

Esper CG -> DPS moves to damage/kill -> Esper should hit afterwards, but in the flurry of numbers I can't actually see what's going on, and I'm not getting credit for the esper kill.

Should I start the DPS moves before the Esper CG? I really don't want to waste another ~90 NRG for that damn trust moogle if I can't guarantee it this time.

Also, holy shit Shouta, that luck of yours, congrats!

Kouriozan

I just starting the gathering storyline... and I feel like the battles should let you play as the highlight characters of the banner here.

Sometime later we will be able to take one of them as a guest, works like friend units but without espers and with different stats depending on the map chosen.

YUNPOfH.jpg

c-murph

Sometime later we will be able to take one of them as a guest, works like friend units but without espers and with different stats depending on the map chosen.

YUNPOfH.jpg

Oh shit. At least I wasn't the only one that thought that. Not a bad idea to allow us to sample the characters.

Rixa

Oh shit. At least I wasn't the only one that thought that. Not a bad idea to allow us to sample the characters.

Are those players real or just some dumb bots? I mean why the hell rank 150 & 148 players are using 1* Esper?

across

Argh, these "kill with esper" missions will be the end of me.

Can somebody clarify when the esper hit has to occur to have it count? Is it anytime after the monster's HP is gone, or does it have to be the specific hit that gets the "overkill" message?

Needs to be the killshot or in a chain with the kill shot. I think if it's the exact hit that provokes the 'overkill' message it qualifies? But what a hassle.

The easiest and most reliable way to do it is to bring along units that create the longest chain you can create while still actually, y'know, killing the target. Practice your timing in Earth Shrine - Exploration until you have it down pat. Then create a chain (macro it if you need to for a guarantee - be sure to turn the esper CG off) and make sure the summon lands somewhere in the chain.

If you know the length of the chain with nothing else in it - Divine Ruination x2 is 27, for example - then you add +1 to that for your target chain length. If you see 28 pop up, you got the mission, no ifs ands or buts. If you didn't, you fucked up.

What you do at that point is force close the app and try again. I think the force closing thing is scummy in trials (and obviously Gumi does as well) but I'm not playing ball with the esper kill nonsense until we get some actual factual summoners.

creid

I'm finally trying True Titan and I feel like I'm making progress. Had a pretty good run last night until a friend Orlandeau went to Cover the tank and ate it. I'm now making notes of which of my friend Orlandeaus have Golem w/o Cover so I make sure to pick them. Tried taking a friend Orladeau with Odin, but couldn't do enough damage quickly enough.

I've read guides that said someone will get Landslided away on turns 4 and 8 if you don't force a transition on those turns, but despite hitting thresholds in the wrong amount of turns several times I've only seen a Landslide on turn 8. Not sure what I'm misunderstanding there.

Alkez

This console wasn't marketed to us. It's marketed to the general meathead that sticks with FPS games and little else and plays with his bros.

A little harsh lool. I mean I am that guy you're describing and I am definitely not getting the X. I don't see what I'm really getting for my money.

Meathead you know lmao! Why do people hate FPS games...

I was thinking the same thing. Glad to know they add it later on.

Pejo

Needs to be the killshot or in a chain with the kill shot. I think if it's the exact hit that provokes the 'overkill' message it qualifies? But what a hassle.

The easiest and most reliable way to do it is to bring along units that create the longest chain you can create while still actually, y'know, killing the target. Practice your timing in Earth Shrine - Exploration until you have it down pat. Then create a chain (macro it if you need to for a guarantee - be sure to turn the esper CG off) and make sure the summon lands somewhere in the chain.

If you know the length of the chain with nothing else in it - Divine Ruination x2 is 27, for example - then you add +1 to that for your target chain length. If you see 28 pop up, you got the mission, no ifs ands or buts. If you didn't, you fucked up.

What you do at that point is force close the app and try again. I think the force closing thing is scummy in trials (and obviously Gumi does as well) but I'm not playing ball with the esper kill nonsense until we get some actual factual summoners.

Thanks for this. I need to find some moves I can guarantee a chain for then. I've just been getting lucky since I have no native Orlandu, by chaining Red Card with Divine Ruination and Mystic Thrust. Apparently my luck is not triggering in this particular esper mission.

Off to earth shrine for some chain training.

The Titan trial definitely took me a bunch of tries. For me, it was understanding the mechanics; when to hit that 60% threshold, making sure you have his atk/mag debuffed, and that you can survive his hits.

If you're using Minfilia make sure you're aware that his attacks are non-elemental magic; meaning that Earthen Fury isn't an Earth move; hence her Soil Guard doesn't help in this battle, and that keeping his magic debuffed (and your spr buffed) really helps. For me, taking a second healer, like Refia, helped me.

Also note that most of his moves can be evaded. I've noticed whales like Dyer having 100% evade Wilhelm as their friend units. So using a 100% evade Ling or Noctis can be helpful. But keep in mind that with 100% units you still have to avoid Titan's Landslide that kicks your member of your party.

Great tips, thanks. I read Minfilia was a good one to use. I will actually try bringing both Refia and Yshtola. Maybe switch my tank to Wilhelm from Cecil, just for shits and giggles.

Maybe the threshold stuff is part of my problem. Have any more on that? I've read the guide on Reddit from Boberoch but following that still results in me getting destroyed. Managed to get the core down but after that I just can't seem to avoid the bullshit.

A little harsh lool. I mean I am that guy you're describing and I am definitely not getting the X. I don't see what I'm really getting for my money.

Meathead you know lmao! Why do people hate FPS games...

I was thinking the same thing. Glad to know they add it later on.

I play FPS games all the time. My friend is currently on a battlefield 1 kick on Xbox One.

My Gamertags on the PS4 and Xbox are the same as my name here if you're curious.

However, that's honestly how corporations like Microsoft view their audience. Even if it's a generalization, that's how they sell their products, on generalizations. Obviously actual individuals are more complex than that, but you can't sell to an individual. And focus groups and fact gathering doesn't help at all either. I remember a friend was in a focus test group for Sleeping Dogs. He watched the rest of the 12 person group came to the conclusion that they needed more sex appeal and guns and violence in the game to be interested.

My friends have the Xbox because one really likes Halo and stuck with it. So everyone else got one because they really didn't have a strong preference.

Alkez

Thanks for this. I need to find some moves I can guarantee a chain for then. I've just been getting lucky since I have no native Orlandu, by chaining Red Card with Divine Ruination and Mystic Thrust. Apparently my luck is not triggering in this particular esper mission.

Off to earth shrine for some chain training.

Adding to what across has said, I find Diablo and Shiva are the two best to do this with. The reason being is they have very long move animations which gives you time to kill the target, allowing the esper damage to hit as overkill damage. I usually click the summon button right before the first move is about to hit because if the summon animation doesn't occur before the target is dead the move never comes out.

I play FPS games all the time. My friend is currently on a battlefield 1 kick on Xbox One.

My Gamertags on the PS4 and Xbox are the same as my name here if you're curious.

However, that's honestly how corporations like Microsoft view their audience. Even if it's a generalization, that's how they sell their products, on generalizations. Obviously actual individuals are more complex than that, but you can't sell to an individual. And focus groups and fact gathering doesn't help at all either. I remember a friend was in a focus test group for Sleeping Dogs. He watched the rest of the 12 person group came to the conclusion that they needed more sex appeal and guns and violence in the game to be interested.

My friends have the Xbox because one really likes Halo and stuck with it. So everyone else got one because they really didn't have a strong preference.

Ah yeah I get what you're saying, and you're probably right. I think most GAF users, or at least the ones in this thread, wouldn't be considered anything less than hardcore gamers (imo) and so we're really not the target audience. If we were going to spend $500 for power we would probably buy or upgrade our existing PCs and do it right. But for the gamers that are a bit more than casual, but aren't quite hardcore games (which I think is what you were describing?) that's probably not something that would appeal to them, whereas something like the X would. It feels like such a niche market to go for but I guess the research says that's where the money is.

Pejo

Adding to what across has said, I find Diablo and Shiva are the two best to do this with. The reason being is they have very long move animations which gives you time to kill the target, allowing the esper damage to hit as overkill damage. I usually click the summon button right before the first move is about to hit because if the summon animation doesn't occur before the target is dead the move never comes out.

Thanks, that might be it. I've been using Titan, and using the esper before attacking with my other characters, maybe that's my problem.

I still haven't done the Ultros trial. I only have 1 ability slot left, and I don't want to waste 100 Lapis to up it since we are hopefully getting the increase soon. Actually I still didn't get the Echidna Kiss thing for the same reason. Lol. When are we thinking? Friday the 30th?

Celegus

Great tips, thanks. I read Minfilia was a good one to use. I will actually try bringing both Refia and Yshtola. Maybe switch my tank to Wilhelm from Cecil, just for shits and giggles.

Maybe the threshold stuff is part of my problem. Have any more on that? I've read the guide on Reddit from Boberoch but following that still results in me getting destroyed. Managed to get the core down but after that I just can't seem to avoid the bullshit.

Whaaa, you have Wilhelm but still using Cecil?! Wilhelm is a BOSS for this trial!!! I'd drop Minfillia since you don't need elemental resist. Refia Y'shtola Wilhelm should be plenty of defense if you can get two damage dealers (preferably dupes that can chain each other). Make sure to hit thresholds on turns 4 and 8 (iirc) to avoid getting snorted and it's not too bad.

Alkez

I still haven't done the Ultros trial. I only have 1 ability slot left, and I don't want to waste 100 Lapis to up it since we are hopefully getting the increase soon. Actually I still didn't get the Echidna Kiss thing for the same reason. Lol. When are we thinking? Friday the 30th?

Don't the abilities just got to your inbox anyways? I have the Wind-Up Titan in my inbox cause I have no equipment space lol. Only the main prize goes straight to your slots I believe(?)

Muku

So daily was a Gold!

But guess who it was? Fucking Garnet. I shit you not. All my Golds on main are Garnet. WTF. Seriously there are a lot of Golds, why do they always turn out to be Garnet though?

Don't the abilities just got to your inbox anyways? I have the Wind-Up Titan in my inbox cause I have no equipment space lol. Only the main prize goes straight to your slots I believe(?)

Yeah, but I would more than likely hit receive all at some point, and piss myself off lol.

Muku

Awww snap. Trophy. Ruler's Ring receipe. Nice!

10,000 Explorations done. Explorations are the death of me in this game. And I've done 10k. x_x

Valonquar

I feel like a see a lot more golds now, even if they are usually Troll gold Sevens... Just had a gold > rainbow > Fryvia (#2)

2 Orlandou, 2 Fryvia & an Orlandou friend unit... chain city.

You cheap ass lmaooooooo! I hear you though, I've got 50 item slots, 155 material slots, 215 equipment slots, and 105 ability slots. Need that free upgrade ASAP!

Ah yeah I get what you're saying, and you're probably right. I think most GAF users, or at least the ones in this thread, wouldn't be considered anything less than hardcore gamers (imo) and so we're really not the target audience. If we were going to spend $500 for power we would probably buy or upgrade our existing PCs and do it right. But for the gamers that are a bit more than casual, but aren't quite hardcore games (which I think is what you were describing?) that's probably not something that would appeal to them, whereas something like the X would. It feels like such a niche market to go for but I guess the research says that's where the money is.

I'm describing the average working 9-5 person who comes home from work and just wants to blow off a few hours yelling at a game. Or those who still use the device as a multimedia outlet for movies and TV and such. The people who pretty much live with their TV, which is admittedly a difference experience than sitting behind a PC screen. Most normal consumers consider being behind a PC to be work related, and TV to be relax time. PC gaming is making a huge comeback so they aren't going to ignore that, but to ignore the silent mainstream is something they really dont want to leave either. These are the ones who only look for the buzzwords and the features and really don't understand anything else. They see 4k and the visuals and that's pretty much what it takes to sell, if the price is right for them. They don't understand what 12 GB of DDR5 RAM means for them other than it's a big deal. The way I explain my SSD on my PC is that the time it takes for me to sign in after booting up is 3 seconds. Cause they understand that, as a measurement of time. Trying to explain to them why it's faster would take much longer. I find it's something that I struggle with everyday is to simply explanations, and that's what these marketing conferences are very good at. Making complex things simple. You'd be surprised how much you or probably anyone else knows on Neogaf over the average person about Technology in general. I have a car mechanic friend, one who also owns an Xbox and plays when he can after work, who's really good at understanding the tech of his industry, the automotive industry. However, after I reformatted an old laptop for him, the first question out of his mouth was "I heard I need to get Adobe Flash on here, how do I do that?" To anyone here, I'm sure that would be a no brainer. To the average person? It's something that they don't deal with. Partly because running an OS nowadays is so streamlined to be simple for these people. It's really just a difference of perspective.

And honestly? I find that's the smart way to market a console nowadays, cause a PC is almost always a better option now. Developers want to put their games on as many devices as they can to maximize their product's awareness and therefore sales. I don't expect everyone to understand the details of these machines, and neither do publishers. Some do, some don't. Most will understand the basics. Yes, Microsoft should of had more heavy hitters. They should of had more reasons to own a console over the PC (Maybe VR?), but this whole industry has to be a secondary thought compared to the size of their PC industry, where they currently reign. PC gaming will always be an option for those who are more interested in gaming than just something you occasionally do with your friends. Consoles are there to be the plug and play machine that anyone can enjoy.

Oh, and it took me three tries but finally got the esper kill for the moogle. That was awful. I tested Ramuh to see how much damage he would do in the beginning of the fight, and found it to be 27k. So then I kept using Libra and got her under 18k, and let the esper rip.

Zalasta

Have you already done Story Event? If you manage do the missions needed, you get nice amounts of Purecrysts & Giancrysts.

Yes, I have completed it, I've also been banking them from the last few mog events. But they are probably only enough to awaken at most 2 abilities out of the 50+ already made available. My point is that there is such a big gap between the availability of the materials and the number of enhancements, I feel indifferent about new batches because they are not readily obtainable.

Awww snap. Trophy. Ruler's Ring receipe. Nice!

10,000 Explorations done. Explorations are the death of me in this game. And I've done 10k. x_x

I don't believe that trophy counts just explorations, I am pretty sure dungeons count as well.

Lyrian

Espers could do with another buff, they still feel too weak to me.

Espers will be buffed again roughly around the time Bahamut comes out. Global esper strength is roughly half of JP currently.

You cheap ass lmaooooooo! I hear you though, I've got 50 item slots, 155 material slots, 215 equipment slots, and 105 ability slots. Need that free upgrade ASAP!

/looks at his account's slot count

/chuckles very nervously

Rixa

Yes, I have completed it, I've also been banking them from the last few mog events. But they are probably only enough to awaken at most 2 abilities out of the 50+ already made available. My point is that there is such a big gap between the availability of the materials and the number of enhancements, I feel indifferent about new batches because they are not readily obtainable.

I don't believe that trophy counts just explorations, I am pretty sure dungeons count as well.

Oh yeah. Iam planning to do my first enhancements on Friday if Ace gets them. So its not I have many either. Prolly next is Donkey Kong Country enhancements.

They were meant to be luxury and they will be.

I am at 85 Item, 175 Mats, 215 Equipment and 120 Ability. I hate this aspect of Gacha games having to use the premium currency to expand slots is a shitty tactic so I try to do it the least amount of times as possible.

Sidenote: I did another 11 pull because again, I am weak. 1 Gold 10 Blues. Gold was Amelia though so thank Christ for that. Bye Fohlen you won't be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom