• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Well, not sure what to do with this JPN round. Have gone rounds and rounds without a rainbow. Then one shows up and BAM! Cloud! :O That is who I wanted. But then EVERYTHING else that dropped has been kind of trash. I mean, I got another rainbow in the paid pull but it was Espeon looking thing. Decided to use tickets to try to get a healer (got a tank in Clouds pull - Firion) and got another damn Espeon looking thing. Well shit. I did get Wakka which is kind of cool though. Not sure if I should keep and hope for a healer along the way or what.

The interesting pulls were:

x2クンシラ
x1ワッカ
x1オリーフ
x1クラウド

Is Ori-fu a healer? Thinking probably more mage.

Kouriozan

That Vault of Treasures (once a day) shows T4 and T5 crysts, but do we have actual chances to get them or it's 100% RNG?

5lznHaxl.png

Trying to see how it went in Japan.

Syntsui

Well, not sure what to do with this JPN round. Have gone rounds and rounds without a rainbow. Then one shows up and BAM! Cloud! :O That is who I wanted. But then EVERYTHING else that dropped has been kind of trash. I mean, I got another rainbow in the paid pull but it was Espeon looking thing. Decided to use tickets to try to get a healer (got a tank in Clouds pull - Firion) and got another damn Espeon looking thing. Well shit. I did get Wakka which is kind of cool though. Not sure if I should keep and hope for a healer along the way or what.

The interesting pulls were:

x2クンシラ
x1ワッカ
x1オリーフ
x1クラウド

Is Ori-fu a healer? Thinking probably more mage.

Will you actually play it seriously? If you just want to play around, stick with it. If you want to take it seriously, Cloud is an awful pull for a beginner because you need a plethora of TMs to make him not be trash.

Muku

Will you actually play it seriously? If you just want to play around, stick with it. If you want to take it seriously, Cloud is an awful pull for a beginner because you need a plethora of TMs to make him not be trash.

It won't be my main game actually. I'm just going to be fiddling around in JPN than taking it seriously.

Just wonder, even if for playing around, if it's better to have a tank and healer. Seriously don't know why they gave me that damn purple thing twice. Srsly? Ugh. Even if it's for fun, I still don't want to start this thing horribly under powered. I imagine most units will require TMs to get going, yes? Or are there some units worth shooting for that don't require so much off the bat in JPN?

GG-Duo

Tri-Laser +2 complete. Nuclear Ace incoming :D

Also I think I may pull a few more Camilles and put Aqua Sword on Fryevia. I don't have another needle and I kind of don't want to lose a slot to Dual Wield or Genji Gloves at this stage.

Syntsui

It won't be my main game actually. I'm just going to be fiddling around in JPN than taking it seriously.

Just wonder, even if for playing around, if it's better to have a tank and healer. Seriously don't know why they gave me that damn purple thing twice. Srsly? Ugh. Even if it's for fun, I still don't want to start this thing horribly under powered. I imagine most units will require TMs to get going, yes? Or are there some units worth shooting for that don't require so much off the bat in JPN?

The reddit guide has a list of characters you should aim for as you are beginning, some don't need TMs to be good:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/starting-guide/rolling-and-rerolling

Personally, getting CG Fina + anything else decently enough would be the best possible start right now considering how powerful she is.

Valentus

Aside of bouncing lid, im trying so hard to figure out why should i give a fuck about this banner... Because the 3 of them are really this era's pulling a bedile/galuf/rakshasa

Kouriozan

Found a video about the daily vault of treasure : https://youtu.be/1Oi9NcYRYE0?t=55s
Basically there will be 2 mini pots / 1 pot / 1 king pot and a cactuar with 2 T4 and one T5 crysts and it changes each days. It's fixed drop so no RNG bullshit, yay!
Also new missions everyday too.

Added gif if too lazy to check the video
giphy.gif

Muku

Game is just going to taunt me. Awful pulls (not even rainbows) .. Cloud shows up.. move on... back to uber trash pulls. Hoping to get a decent set before this free 10+1 goes away.

Muku

I'm just seeing them as obstructions when we get guaranteed 5* draw.

This. More trash fodder for the guaranteed 5*. Because can't have you getting anything worth a shit! So here! Take this half naked Lid!

Edit: Whew getting down to serious levels of trash pulls. Bedile, Krile, Penelo. In one of my 10+1 they made sure to put two Penelo in. Because obviously one wasn't enough.

Visceir

What the hell CG even means anyway?

CG stands for cash grab, huhuhu (old and tired joke)

That Vault of Treasures (once a day) shows T4 and T5 crysts, but do we have actual chances to get them or it's 100% RNG?

Trying to see how it went in Japan.

Considering they're showing the usual bundle packs on the screenshot it'll probably be the typical bundles of 300 lapis for summon ticket+other loot...or it's $ bundles.

Edit: actually there was a special daily dungeon too that had different rewards each day, they were all fixed though, no rng.

Kouriozan

CG stands for cash grab, huhuhu (old and tired joke)

Considering they're showing the usual bundle packs on the screenshot it'll probably be the typical bundles of 300 lapis for summon ticket+other loot...or it's $ bundles.

Edit: actually there was a special daily dungeon too that had different rewards each day, they were all fixed though, no rng.
Yeah I'm also curious about those bundles, I get the feeling one is going to cost cash directly like the Christmas bundle.

robotuw

The Emperor's enhancements use Power Crysts, why the hell everything use Power or Support Crysts >.<

Oh man, you just made me look up his enhancements and they are so cheap! Only 9 and 3 giant and pure crysts respectively for all 3 of them. With Tilith negating the spr debuff he gets an 11 turn +200%mag and -50%spr to enemies with no downsides. Hot damn.

I'm just seeing them as obstructions when we get guaranteed 5* draw.

SDFina doesn't seem too bad. Just another version of DFina with even more cleavage, and her TM is pretty nice. She even gets equivalent enhancements later. Better her than Queen or Lightning from the guaranteed 5*. (Shit, looking at the sprites again, making them nearly naked makes them look so strange. It highlights how their heads are about as big as their entire torso and it all looks weird af)

Kouriozan

Wow, I had 100 NRG, did 3 runs of the event, 2 gods, then 3, and 3 again, craaaaazy. A bit scared to use my remaining 25 NRG.
Yep next event the rates will be sh*t again xD

Muku

Maybe. But hopefully they won't make the damn bonus units impossible to get either. I rely on those Metal Gods to just get me anywhere. Otherwise I'm in a small puddle of ore. :/ Got far too much to go.

While everyones mileage may vary because of bonus units, I love this event for two reasons. One, the 25 nrg cost makes it fly by, and two, the special monsters appear frequently enough to matter. Unlike the last 25 nrg event, the metal dudes show up quite a bit. I hope Exvius will keep it this way from here on out.

You guys gotta stop hogging all these metal gods. Should I pick up the bangles or MAG+15%? I'm not sure I'll be leaving with both and I've not even got the 5* mats

robotuw

You guys gotta stop hogging all these metal gods. Should I pick up the bangles or MAG+15%? I'm not sure I'll be leaving with both and I've not even got the 5* mats

15% mag is junk now after you presumably got a bunch of Papalymo TMs. The bangles are probably a must-get because they have an ability we haven't seen before (magic evade) outside of a few units.

Muku

15% mag is junk now after you presumably got a bunch of Papalymo TMs. The bangles are probably a must-get because they have an ability we haven't seen before (magic evade) outside of a few units.

Only thing I got a bunch of shit from raid thing was Thancred's TM. Because.... that's all they know how to give.

I'd have loved more Papalymo's and Yda's tbh

The golds usually ended up being Cactaur, Turtles, or Minfilla. God damnit Minfilia.

Good point with Paps TMs, almost forgot about them. Bangle it is then! Had a feeling this may be the right choice since it could go towards a 100% evade unit or something I guess.

Visceir

Next bonus event will be FF XII, depending on if Gumi will add Vaan/Penelo on the banner (they were on JP due to them getting 6* versions) you might be stuck with 4* bonus units again.

Don't recall the rates being bad, but Gumi will prob change that anyway to fit the 25 en stages.

Really curious what the producer's rainbow hoodie item will be like. On JP we got a producer's jacket that increases draw attacks by 20%, so you could easily make a Snow/Wilhelm with 70% innate attract without the need to provoke constantly.

Xion86

Urgh been too busy at work to post more but caught up on the last few pages :).

Okay, the new beach, panty girl looking units are just weird to me, not sure why we needed a female only banner with as less clothes as possible. Will definitely be sticking to Daily pulls only to see what else I get out there in the pool.

Anyway, been carrying on with the event (and have been seeing a few more Metal Gods, but not been as lucky as some people here!). One thing I hate about the event...if I'm on my iPad Air, and Auto the fights, I will get a crash every run or two and have to restart, very annoying. Still so many crashes since launch on my iPad. On Android it's fine though (only the odd crash here and there maybe a couple times a week).

I got my first one of these though!

YHWtZa9l.png

Second Bracer is also 0.7% away.

So I am reading that Tidus is basically impossible to chain without a macro....is that true? If so then I may not even pull for him anymore, TM macroing is enough "not playing" the damn game for me.

Kouriozan

So I am reading that Tidus is basically impossible to chain without a macro....is that true? If so then I may not even pull for him anymore, TM macroing is enough "not playing" the damn game for me.

That's why I'm banking on the Onion, with 24 or 32 hits (dual wield) it'll be easy to chain manually :p
Praying RNGesus to get 2 of them.

That's why I'm banking on the Onion, with 24 or 32 hits (dual wield) it'll be easy to chain manually :p
Praying RNGesus to get 2 of them.

Well that would be my next thing is skipping Tidus and going for OK, but I am reading now on him if you yourself don't have two of him it might be difficult because to chain right because not everyone will use the same element. Gah!

Kouriozan

Well that would be my next thing is skipping Tidus and going for OK, but I am reading now on him if you yourself don't have two of him it might be difficult because to chain right because not everyone will use the same element. Gah!

Ah yes, since his TM sword is non-elemental and he don't have imperil + got fire/wind/earth/water elements skills, OK is open to a lot of build but the drawback is what you stated, no everyone will build him the same way.
Anyway I'm wishing good luck to both of us!

Lyrian

Everyone's an expert time?

Sure, why not. I'll throw my noise into the chaos here.

Summer units... yeah, it's a trope. I'm personally okay with that (although "why?" in this game is a very good question ask [besides "money", which is always the real answer]), but the game needs to balance out the trope over both genders (as Muku said) if it wants to do this. We have Swimsuit Fina x2 + Lid, so where is Speedo Rain and Lasswell? Strange that this is a seasonal event, but the units themselves are not limited.

Pre-anniversary stuff: Gumi going to Gumi. New island and esper on Thursday, but half price story missions don't start until Friday, ROFLMAO. Bonus lulz for placing the new INT maze during crunch time of the Mog King event.

And I see that the daily logins during the pre-event will give the missing shards to reach 360 for Kelsus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom