• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

nin1000

Banned
Indifferent on your RB. I think nin might be a nervous Neutral, and I am getting decent town vibes from both swamped and you.

Too much coffee today, that could explain your perception of me. But hey at least i towned it down and trying to be more of a helpful town player.

Too much coffee today, that could explain your perception of me. But hey at least i towned it down and trying to be more of a helpful town player.

I find this interesting. You "towned it down"? What in the world is that supposed to imply about your previous behavior? In addition to that, your votes have been really weird

Now, I'm not sure if I should really consider this a scumtell, because personally was in a similar position in MGS, making really stupid mistakes that undermined how the rest of town viewed me, but I would be lying if I said you weren't raising some alarm bells nin

For the time being I guess, just to have my vote somewhere

VOTE:nin1000

nin1000

Banned
I find this interesting. You "towned it down"? What in the world is that supposed to imply about your previous behavior?

Well, not to post that much crap, did you see me on day 1 ? exactly !

Now, I'm not sure if I should really consider this a scumtell, because personally was in a similar position in MGS, making really stupid mistakes that undermined how the rest of town viewed me, but I would be lying if I said you weren't raising some alarm bells nin

Dont worry Hyper I am not

Kevyt

I don't know what to make of all of you.

I am suspicious of Ham, Blarg, and Hyper.

I'm not letting Hyper off the hook just because of his role claim. He could be lying about it.

Or he could be a cop scum. Last two games I've been in, the cop/investigator were scum.

That's something that I'm keeping in mind.

Hyper, you survived the first day lynch by an inch of a frog's hair.

So in the meantime, I am still on the fence in whether I should vote for you or not.

Kevyt

I don't know what to make of Hyper essentially. He came off as scummy in the first day but his role claim does make me stop and think about his alignment.

If he really is an investigator and town aligned, wouldn't scum want to take him out? He would be a high priority target. Yet there was a NK override so I really have no idea how things went down for scum last night.

?

Any specific eason you're less suspicious of QUACK?

I realized that my vote was more spur-of-the-moment than anything actually substantial. I'll be waiting for a candidate that I can put more thought into voting.

Also, I agree that Blarg's phoenix downs must have some sort of meaning. It's probably just something he can do though. Us saying it most likely has no effect.

I don't know what to make of Hyper essentially. He came off as scummy in the first day but his role claim does make me stop and think about his alignment.

If he really is an investigator and town aligned, wouldn't scum want to take him out? He would be a high priority target. Yet there was a NK override so I really have no idea how things went down for scum last night.
Maybe he's putting a lot of faith on a town roleblocker or switcher?

nin1000

Banned
Launch , i just want to remind you

I like Nin. I think he's fun to have around.

TTY32XS.jpg

As President Barack Obama’s body man, LaunchpadMCQ makes sure the president has plenty of the things he likes — and makes note of those things he would rather avoid. Here is a partial list, provided by Mr. McQ.

¶ LaunchpadMcQ

¶ Roasted almonds

¶ Pistachios

¶ Water

¶ Dentyne Ice

¶ Nicorette

¶ MET-Rx chocolate roasted peanut protein bars

¶ Vegetables, especially broccoli and spinach

¶ Handmade milk chocolates from Fran’s Chocolates in Seattle

DISLIKES

¶ Never Forever

¶ Never Forever

¶ Never Forever

¶ Never Forever

I think you still mean what you said back then :)

Lulu checked the time.

"Oh goodness, it's almost time for the Starlight Celebration! Too bad you lot will be spending the holiday season in this arena. Unless you can find all of the Warriors of Chaos beforehand, of course!"

The dolls began whispering among themselves.

"Do we really have to fight during the Starlight Celebration? What if we organized a ceasefire just so we could enjoy the holiday in peace?"

"I heard that!" shouted Lulu from her onyx throne. "It's enough that I'm staving off the darkness for you guys so that you can at least see each other while you fight to the death during the Starlight Celebration. Is that not enough for you ungrateful wool-for-brains?"

The dolls hung their heads dejectedly and turned to resume their suspended combat.

"Happy holidays, everyone," one of them muttered under its breath.

Darryl (1):
Zippedpinhead (1008)

Hyperactivity (2):
Pop-O-Matic (1032)
LaunchpadMcQ (1069) (1096)
Swamped (1139)
nin1000 (1140) (1147)

Pop-O-Matic (0):
Hyperactivity (1033) (1048)

Blargonaut (0):
Hyperactivity (1048) (1081)

LaunchpadMcQ (1)
Hyperactivity (1081) (1182)
TheAwesomePossum (1102)
Blargonaut (1189) (1213)

TheAwesomePossum (0):
LaunchpadMcQ (1100) (1137)
nin1000 (1103) (1115)

Xamtheking (0):
Blargonaut (1126) (1189)

Seath (0):
LaunchpadMcQ (1137) (1159)

nin1000 (3):
TL21xx (1138)
Terrabyte20xx (1172)
Hyperactivity (1205)

Swamped (1):
LaunchpadMcQ (1159)

TL21xx (1):
Darryl (1220)

Darryl

Banned
Alright, I'll bite.

What?

Right now my 3 scum candidates are Xamtheking, LaunchpadMcQ, and TL11xx (?).

Xam really fucked us and his defense was that he's safest when he ignores the game and says nothing. That's preservation, not team cooperation. He repeatedly returned to the game that night, said a few words, and left again after saying he was done for the day. This isn't a panicked player who might fuck his team out of a valuable PR. This is someone being yelled at in a mafia chat to keep his mouth shut.

LAUNCHPADMCQ has been dead set on chasing weak targets. The situation around Hyperactivity is unfortunate but we all didn't swerve him yesterday just so we can day lynch him immediately after. He was apparently locked in on Hyperactivity until the reveal, then the next day tried to lynch him up over a misunderstanding. I believe this is a player who cares about population reduction.

TL11XX is a middling player with null reads and a null personality. He has avoided the spotlight so far and has no desire to play with fire. He comes in with a godawful reads list calling most people town or null, trying to curry favor (???) when this is literally one of the scummiest towns I've ever seen.

Darryl

Banned
Anyone confident enough to try to scratch together a reads list in this game is out of their mind and clearly has some insider information.

LAUNCHPADMCQ has been dead set on chasing weak targets. The situation around Hyperactivity is unfortunate but we all didn't swerve him yesterday just so we can day lynch him immediately after. He was apparently locked in on Hyperactivity until the reveal, then the next day tried to lynch him up over a misunderstanding. I believe this is a player who cares about population reduction.

I pressed Hyper day 2 so that I could get information out of him and see how he reacted. I had no intention of lynching him, and I don't now. However...

So what's the deal Hyperactivity

That's the first thing you said when the day started.

As for my weak targets...

I'm more concerned about people like Pop, TAP, Nin, Seath, Swamped. All are making me uneasy.

They're all on your list from earlier in the day phase.

Anyone confident enough to try to scratch together a reads list in this game is out of their mind and clearly has some insider information.

I said I would make one because people seem to respond to them; I don't like making them. Most of my entries were blank entries with little information.

Those three I bolded are extremely suspect to me. Help me narrow this shit down rather than trying to fight me. You know I'm on your side.

I don't see much of anyone getting any traction for a vote here. Mafia may be taking advantage of this holiday to slow things down. I'll keep my vote o b Swamped for now.

Sorry I've been reading only yesterday and today (so far).

I still have a nervous read on Darryl, for reasons I have already posted this day phases. I feel that his role name claim and ability are really convenient for scum to fake being town with. That being said I have been modifying my read on him throughout today. he has been all about digging into hyper (for good reason earlier in the day), Xam (for good reason), and launch (for good reason). However he only has voted for TL21xx, with good reasons.

All fairly pro town, especially with the insight on launch and TL21xx.

So, I'm going to try and trust daryll

vote: TL21xx

Would rather put these all into one post, bt I'd rather jumpstart the thread and post these as I finish

LAUNCHPADMCQ: Hmm, this is difficult. I'm not sure if I'm really ready to even declare his behavior as scummy. Problem is that I could easily see his questioning of me being a scum team's attempt to lynch me when they noticed an opportunity, a small mistake, but later realized that public opinion wasn't leaning in his way. Town PRs have been lynched for inconsistencies and mistakes that come down to human error, and oftentimes scum help out in that

Here's the thing though. That's a narrative, a story, and I'm not sure if I really have too much outside of that to go on. What I just did was construct a story, a retelling of one way that could've happened. Launch could easily be town wanting to clarify something. And since then, he's been giving me relatively good vibes. I suppose that he is someone that should be checked on in future day phases, so don't forget to that, but I'm sorta? (Sorta?) leaning town for him. Might go back and look closely at his other posts

Top Bottom