• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

*I do need to say, I meant the above as a joke reference to bringing back Seath's account from his ban; my sincere apologies if the timing has any possible unintended offense.

WELL.

I doubt there is a ninja killer mate. We have to state facts.

Fact one.

I was blocked N1

Other facts will follow.

I think Scrafty may be having a giggle.

We're short 2 kills, actually. My theory is that Seath was the vig and she doesn't want to reveal his/her role to not make it too easy. Therefore, there was no vig kill this night phase and the mafia missed, likely due to a commuter or situational bulletproof role.

Fact 2
That theory is bullshit.

Fact 3

I tried to kill hyperactivity on night 2.

Instead Xamtheking was killed.

This means one thing. We have a switcher.

Like others have guessed right. I was indeed a 2 shit vigilante. I am now heading to bed. Will follow up with the reveal 9 hours from now. The emphasis is on WAS a 2 shot vigilante.

I TOO, CAN PERSONALLY CORROBORATE THESE FACTS.

Well nin, just because you say it's a fact doesn't mean it's actually a fact. The Hyper/Xam switch just sounds to dumb a play to be believable, but I'll give you enough benefit of the doubt and not vote for you today, but only if 1) the switcher comes forth and backs up your claim and/or 2) a better scum target pops up before the end of day. Still, we really need to find scum soon, as we only have, at most, 2 day phases left (counting this one) before scum wins.

There IS one follow up questions I would like to ask, though: Why no kill last night?

OH, YEAH.

TWO MORE ROUNDS AND THEN, HOME.

ISN'T THAT RIGHT, NIN?

nin1000

Banned
Well, this is bizarre. I don't know what to make of it. Could it just be because of Seath being replaced, since it's towards the second half of the game? And why were there no kills? I feel like it must have something to do with the neutral, but I'm not sure what. Not feeling confident enough to suspect anyone right now :-(

Anything else you want to add to the bare table that this game is currently?

Don't just float by do something!

nin1000

Banned
Well nin, just because you say it's a fact doesn't mean it's actually a fact. The Hyper/Xam switch just sounds to dumb a play to be believable, but I'll give you enough benefit of the doubt and not vote for you today, but only if 1) the switcher comes forth and backs up your claim and/or 2) a better scum target pops up before the end of day. Still, we really need to find scum soon, as we only have, at most, 2 day phases left (counting this one) before scum wins.

There IS one follow up questions I would like to ask, though: Why no kill last night?

Can you explain that line of thought ?

nin1000

Banned
cecil.jpg

nin1000

Banned
i hope you guys are good in guessing. I will leave now and will be back tomorrow 1 hour before the voting ends.
Try not to fuck up again guys, since i am tired of that shit.

Really sorry everyone & sorry ScraftyDevil for being MIA. Major major crisis at work yesterday & today. I'll check in in the afternoon with more

Also, while I'm online, want to say I'm a little suspicious of nin's claim. Why would a switcher of any alignment switch a mafia with another mafia? And what happened to Seath? None of it adds up.

Nin, can you go through each night and explain why you selected each target?

Also, to address Blargonaut's question of me yesterday, I do realize I was wrong about Darryl. People were speculating that the double vote power isn't necessarily a town power and I thought the way he was using it was suspicious. But I was wrong.

What did you mean that you have personal knowledge of nin's claims?

nin1000

Banned
None of it adds up.

Try to think again then.

Why would a switcher of any alignment switch a mafia with another mafia?
Well, the switcher switched 2 fucking players. He did not know either of their alignments.
We knew that xam was mafia after he was killed and that hyper was one aswell after he was lynched.

Nope, not at this point.
But I feel reassured that my vote is on the right person.

Ok, here's my analysis. There 4 roles we know exist, if we believe Nin (and I have no way of contesting it, so I believe it's true):

A switcher
A mafia
A vig
A bulletproof

Counting my role, that's 5 roles accounted for and 6 players remaining. It's not unreasonable to expect the last role is probably an ordinary one. I think at this point, it's a matter of figuring out who has which role.

As I've said, I'm none of these 4 listed above.

I think Nin is the vig; his actions make sense. It especially makes sense when you think that him and I have been on the same page for most of the game; his targets have been in line with our thinking. Unless there's a vig to contest this claim, I don't know why we should not believe it.

That leads to the next point. If a switcher exists, and if we believe Nin's claim, one has to, he/she can corroborate Nin's actions. My preference is that, if they agree with my analysis, they step forward. If I believe Nin's claim, then I have to believe this was a town switcher that was goofing around and accidentally switched two mafia, not a scum switcher.

As for the bulletproof, well, we know the doctor is dead; we have no evidence of an RB. I think we either have a commuter or something similar on our hands.

If the switcher and BP come forward, I think we may be able to piece together who among the remaining 3 is the mafia.

nin1000

Banned
That's why I was hesitant with hyper on day 2 since he claimed that he was blocked even though I was the one who was blocked. That's why I wanted him dead on n2 ;)

Also, while I'm online, want to say I'm a little suspicious of nin's claim. Why would a switcher of any alignment switch a mafia with another mafia? And what happened to Seath? None of it adds up.

Also, to address Blargonaut's question of me yesterday, I do realize I was wrong about Darryl. People were speculating that the double vote power isn't necessarily a town power and I thought the way he was using it was suspicious. But I was wrong.

IntereSting, interestinginterestinginterestinginteresting.

What did you mean that you have personal knowledge of nin's claims?

DO I?!?

I feel like I've missed a lot of shit in this game. I need to work on reading every damn thing..

Ok, Blarg, lay it on us. Who did you block?

nin1000

Banned
Queen is a title, mistress just denotes a position of authority.

Hyper pls.

Every other player in this game please. What the fuck is going on.

Currently on the cinema watching the revenant. Due to some technical issues the film stopped 30 minutes in. Now I am waiting :/

StackpoleH...eh...her defense for the Darryl vote seems reasonable enough, and I do agree with them on nin's switcher claim (as I said before, there's no reason for a town switcher to protect Hyper like that, since pretty much everyone with at least a lick of common sense would have known they were scum at that point, and it doesn't make sense for a scum switcher to have protected Hyper like that because they switched him with Xam, another scum player), but they don't exactly have the best voting record and their low profile and activity is definitely sus, so I'm on the fence about them right now...

Can you explain that line of thought ?

Well, I mean, it seems pretty obvious at this point. There's only 6 players left (assuming Seath is actually dead and not getting replaced). Assuming there's only one scum left, they don't get lynched and they don't get roleblocked or hit a bulletproof, we'll be down to 2 players (and therefore a scum win) within 2 nights. Of couse, I said "at most" since there's just as good a chance that there's still 2 scum, which means this could very well be our last day phase if we don't nail a scum today.

If there was no kill last night, so the roleblock must have succeeded. So, whoever was roleblocked must be the mafia, right?

I'm still not too keen on the idea that Seath was just modkilled by Scrafty and that she didn't reveal the role PM to fuck with us. Either a replacement is on the way or someone did something to hide Seath's flip from us, a la the Sorian/Neuromancer scenario in Call of Cthulhu...

Nope, not at this point.
But I feel reassured that my vote is on the right person.

May I ask the reason for your suspicion of me? Is it just because I haven't been able to check in as regularly as I would like? Or do you have any questions I can respond to?

I guess I can see a town switcher believing only one of xam or hyper was town. Still, it seems unlucky. Would love to hear from the switcher

I'm still not too keen on the idea that Seath was just modkilled by Scrafty and that she didn't reveal the role PM to fuck with us. Either a replacement is on the way or someone did something to hide Seath's flip from us, a la the Sorian/Neuromancer scenario in Call of Cthulhu...

I don't believe that's the case at all. Seath said he/she was withdrawing; why would mafia target him/her?

It's possible that Seath's role had a stipulation that it would not be revealed if killed, but that has nothing to do with the mafia. The mafia, if we're guessing there's only one left, has never used this kind of ability before. Why use it on the person that's leaving the game, of all people?

No, Pop. The mafia was roleblocked.

Or, more to the point, you were roleblocked. I don't see anyone trying to spin yarns as hard as you are now.

VOTE: Pop-O-Matic

I don't believe that's the case at all. Seath said he/she was withdrawing; why would mafia target him/her?

It's possible that Seath's role had a stipulation that it would not be revealed if killed, but that has nothing to do with the mafia. The mafia, if we're guessing there's only one left, has never used this kind of ability before. Why use it on the person that's leaving the game, of all people?

No, Pop. The mafia was roleblocked.

Or, more to the point, you were roleblocked. I don't see anyone trying to spin yarns as hard as you are now.

VOTE: Pop-O-Matic

1) It didn't matter if Seath was leaving the game. An alternate is almost always provided unless the pool of willing players not in games is exhausted.

2) If Seath was modkilled, why weren't we informed of his death in Retro's recount post that came after Seath made the post announcing his departure? Or at some point during the night phase? If it was suppose to be a modkill, it should have been made clear that it was such immediately after the decision was made rather than giving us such a mysterious and vague post at the start of the next day? It just doesn't sound like good moderation.

3) Seath's role PM not being revealed is also pretty disconcerting. Not revealing the role PM just because she feels like not doing so is incredibly terrible moderation, and I don't think that Scrafty would be the kind of mod to do that. I'm willing to accept that Seath might have had an ability to hide his role upon death, but that's, at best, a neutral ability and most likely a scum ability, but I don't think we'd have 2 scum players who both have abilities that trigger on death.

4) Why hasn't scum used this power before? Something as game-bending as this is probably a 1-shot ability, and they probably wouldn't have wanted to save it for the moment it would create the most confusion rather than blowing it early.

5) And that brings us to the "why would scum do this?" question. Which, once again, is to create confusion. As you said before, them killing a player who had announced his departure, especially with the ability used leading to such a peculiar exit, it's going to lead to everyone asking questions about what happened. From there, I guess scum could try to claim that it was just a modkill and that scum was roleblocked, knowing that, since they weren't blocked, that they would be leading town to lynch another townie...

I mean, it's not like this is the first sus thing you've done this game, Launch. You started the train that ended up killing our cop, and, the following day, tried to dissuade us from the obvious scum that was still claiming to be cop even after the real cop had flipped. Between that and you trying to sell the narrative that Seath was modkilled despite the evidence to the contrary, and I feel this has to happen.

Vote: LaunchpadMcQ

1) It didn't matter if Seath was leaving the game. An alternate is almost always provided unless the pool of willing players not in games is exhausted.

2) If Seath was modkilled, why weren't we informed of his death in Retro's recount post that came after Seath made the post announcing his departure? Or at some point during the night phase? If it was suppose to be a modkill, it should have been made clear that it was such immediately after the decision was made rather than giving us such a mysterious and vague post at the start of the next day? It just doesn't sound like good moderation.

3) Seath's role PM not being revealed is also pretty disconcerting. Not revealing the role PM just because she feels like not doing so is incredibly terrible moderation, and I don't think that Scrafty would be the kind of mod to do that. I'm willing to accept that Seath might have had an ability to hide his role upon death, but that's, at best, a neutral ability and most likely a scum ability, but I don't think we'd have 2 scum players who both have abilities that trigger on death.

4) Why hasn't scum used this power before? Something as game-bending as this is probably a 1-shot ability, and they probably wouldn't have wanted to save it for the moment it would create the most confusion rather than blowing it early.

5) And that brings us to the "why would scum do this?" question. Which, once again, is to create confusion. As you said before, them killing a player who had announced his departure, especially with the ability used leading to such a peculiar exit, it's going to lead to everyone asking questions about what happened. From there, I guess scum could try to claim that it was just a modkill and that scum was roleblocked, knowing that, since they weren't blocked, that they would be leading town to lynch another townie...

I mean, it's not like this is the first sus thing you've done this game, Launch. You started the train that ended up killing our cop, and, the following day, tried to dissuade us from the obvious scum that was still claiming to be cop even after the real cop had flipped. Between that and you trying to sell the narrative that Seath was modkilled despite the evidence to the contrary, and I feel this has to happen.

Vote: LaunchpadMcQ

1) Obviously, that wasn't the case. There has been no replacement. This announcement would have been made either before the night phase started or before the night phase ended. There were people signed up for replacements, so we know it wasn't because of lack of availability.

2) The decision was likely made when Scrafty came back from wherever, as Retro who is the co-mod was the one who announced the day end. That's not hard to figure out.

3) I believe it was part of Seath's role PM. This kind of thing has happened before, as you've stated.

4&5) How would scum know this would be a more confusing situation? Do they have powers to see into the future and see that Scrafty would make a super confusing post and that we'd argue over it? Is that seriously what you're suggesting? Mafia had no reason to kill Seath if he/she was on their way out. Scrafty can't approach the mafia and tell them to kill someone specifically, which is literally the only scenario I can come up with where the mafia would have targeted Seath - in order to save the mods some trouble by doing this within the games rules. Which, I should say, is really dumb because it would be a wasted kill that the mafia could use more strategically if there's a chance that the mods will end up modkilling this person anyway, thus not having to use a nightaction on him/her.

So, no, I don't buy your bullshit, Pop. I also find it pretty funny that you're targeting me. Suspect things? You mean being wrong? Because, hate to break it to you, but it happens.

I'm not selling any narrative. Unless I'm misunderstanding what transpired, I am sure that Seath was modkilled to save time so that the new season can start.

I hate to call on people directly, but I need some support here, Nin and Blarg. Unless there's something wrong with what I've said, I'm pretty sure you guys can see where I'm going here.

nin1000

Banned
I hate to call on people directly, but I need some support here, Nin and Blarg. Unless there's something wrong with what I've said, I'm pretty sure you guys can see where I'm going here.

Just came home From the cinema.
Ofc I will support you launch,since you are making the most fucking sense.

What the hell is wrong with you pop in nor believing in me.

Vote:pop-o-matic

TL21xx

Banned
Ok, so we have a vig claim. I buy that, but I need more to solidify it. I am most concerned with Pop and Blarg right now. I was feeling a bit worried in the past about Launch, but his posts today make complete sense. I am waiting patiently for Nin's details...

nin1000

Banned
FACT 5

Targets :

N1 - Sorian ( Blocked )
N2 - Hyperactivity ( Xam was killed )
N3 - TAP ( thought he was mafia ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
N4 - ??

Top Bottom