• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

wooooo finally making progress feels fucking good man. I've been going back and there's a ton of Elite dungeons I can clear out now that I couldn't before (anything up to Difficulty 55ish is pretty much a cakewalk now), gone from 88 to 95 stamina in the last 2-3 days and still have several more I can clear. And now if I go hardmode and use two summons of a decent RW I can easily master the first stage on the daily dungeons! Today's the first day I've been able to do the EXP dungeon on +, getting nearly double the XP from heroic and getting growth egg drops is fucking awesome. Just hit 50 with Snow (and broke his level cap), swapped him in for Josef who is in his 30s (ha), and I'm about to hit 50 with Tyro and Terra who I will swap in with someone for Tyro (not sure who yet, need a melee) and Black Mage for Terra so I can work on getting this MC/RMs. Almost tempted to use Mythril for refreshes but I know I shouldn't be in that much of a hurry, so I'll just min/max as much as possible today on the EXP dungeon.

P R O G R E S S B O Y Z

Wazzy

Banned
I wonder if it's possible to pull an SSB from the lucky draw banner?

But yasssssssss at another Lucky Banner. I'm ready for it.

so boss rush, what's the best tactic? poison, i guess. and wind? maybe ice? advantiliate everyone?

I have unfair advantage that made the entire thing super easy but I'll give my team and abilities I used to down the boss rush.

Cloud Aero Strike and Mental Break
Squall Blizzara Strike and Aero Strike
Seifer Magic Break and Armor Break
Rinoa Biora and Blizzaga
Selphie Curaga and Shellga

RW Sentinal Grimoire.

You need those abilities honed a decent amount. Ifrit goes down very easily with Blizzaga and Blizzara strike, Brothers just hit them with their weaknesses which is bio and wind but make sure to avoid using all of your wind abilities up because you need them for Diablos. Cerberus you can bring dispel if you really need it but otherwise hit him with breaks and put on shellga and he shouldn't take too long to down.

Faithless

This is the first time I've mastered all of the boss stuff at the end of an event.
After Edea, I had the Major Power Orbs I needed to make Full Break. It is my first 5-star ability.
I went back and fought the second-to-last boss. After Full Break, everyone was hitting him for 9999. My mages were meleeing for 1k+ with rods equipped.

Finally finished all the quests and bonus quest outside of the 5 star ability creation ones, even got up to 110 stamina in the process. Ideally I need to get to 120 stamina as that'll let me deplete my stamina before work and not have to worry about the game again till my lunch break.

MrDaravon

I hit 50 with Tyro so I need to swap him out with a melee/attacker (well I don't technically need to since I can go up to 65 with Tyro but whatever). Seems like Bartz is pretty well-regarded? My character options for melee attacker that I have and that are not already 50:

Warrior of Light
Ricard
Luneth
Cecil (both versions)
Kain
Galuf
Gilgamesh
Bartz
Celes (?)
Edgar (?)
Setzer (?)
Barret
Squall
Zell
Seifer
Tidus
Lightning

Cloud is my main right now (level 58), I've already got Josef in here and working on leveling him up since everyone says I need his RM2. Then I've got BM and Lenna rounding up the party leveling them up for their stuff as well.

Falk

that puzzling face
Gilgamesh is cool because he's like a Cloud that can use Draw Fire (although he doesn't hit nearly as hard)

(p.s. Barret isn't melee ololo)

MrDaravon

Gilgamesh is cool because he's like a Cloud that can use Draw Fire (although he doesn't hit nearly as hard)

(p.s. Barret isn't melee ololo)

Yeah I meant to put a ? by him as well, some of these characters I wasn't sure on but figured I'd throw them on there anyway.

Also he has a machinegun arm, obviously he doesn't use melee weapons

Gravijah

Gilgamesh can use every (IIRC, if not every, most) weapon in the game. Super valuable for someone who doesn't have a huge character roster, and that makes Advantaliate even better because it means you have easier synergy across realms. Plus he gets better and better as he's updated with new abilities in the coming months.

Falk

that puzzling face
Just came to the realization that with Rift and 4 new MC2s it's gonna take forever to cap everyone again.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jyrii

Banned
I had surprisingly little problems with this event's plus fights. Though I had lv65 Squall with Shear Trigger (400 attack)

On + I had ran out of most of my skills, but Diabolos mainly used gravity. I got expert on 3/4 fights, but that was enough for master.

Mobile Type 8 on ++ was a joke. Two spellblade users and two mages made the boss go down very fast.

I didn't have protect on the +++ fight, but neither Edea or Seifer did use much physical attacks. Seifer went down fast with biora. On Edea I used breaks and shellga to negate most magic dmg. Maelstrom still hit pretty hard, because it is HP proportional. I used Planet Protector RW for dmg. Seifer and Vaan still hit for only about 2-3K, but Squall was a different beast. I think Fated Circle did over 25K dmg.

Falk

that puzzling face
Maelstrom

Never forget

ntrwsfE.png

MrDaravon

Feels so good to be able to do the daily dungeons on + now, even if it's just me hardmoding it with a RW for the first stage. Gold chest drops seem to happen waaaaay more on + than on Heroic for me. Felt great to wake up this morning and have enough stamina to just barely do 5 stages of the daily (I'm at like 96 Stamina and I gained the 4 additional stamina needed while doing the first 4 stages) and get a bunch of actually useful drops that are letting me finally work on clearing my inventory by upgrading/combining gear. I feel like I should really go back and read the last OT now to read the struggle posts now since I can relate.

Also when I was clearing out my inventory this morning I realized I have NO FF8, FF9, or FF12 armor. Literally not a single piece. The fuck.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, you should read the struggle on the first event (Sephiroth/Tifa)

Legendary, two ranged bosses, and everyone had like... Thunder r2. And Jump.

Jyrii

Banned
Oooh boy I remember that event. Didn't know it was the first event though.

I did not get Sephiroth at that time, didn't have any chance really.

MrDaravon

Man, you should read the struggle on the first event (Sephiroth/Tifa)

Legendary, two ranged bosses, and everyone had like... Thunder r2. And Jump.

Yeah, any time I ever see early game struggles brought up anywhere 99% of the time it's people complaining about not being able to get Sephiroth when he was first available. I'll probably read through that first OT at some point soon, it might be educational anyway.

Razmos

Yeah, any time I ever see early game struggles brought up anywhere 99% of the time it's people complaining about not being able to get Sephiroth when he was first available. I'll probably read through that first OT at some point soon, it might be educational anyway.
The struggle to get Sephiroth was real, haha. Especially since the event was about 3 times bigger than the ones we have now. Having one of the bosses be ranged only as well was kinda tough since we had only just started.

Falk

that puzzling face
They had Elites at about 1.8x hp and 1.3x stats. I don't know who thought it was a good idea, heh.

I mean, we -did- have RS from the get-go, which Japan didn't have, but the tuning seemed to assume people had RS for every realm which... really wasn't the case.

Also man, sinking days worth of stam into farming Black Cowls because it helped Rydia break the game.

MrDaravon

Same. RS 3++ outclasses non-RS 5s easily.

I thought the general rule was RS 3++ was roughly equivalent to non-RS 5*? That's what I see thrown around a lot at least. I know when I was having problems with the FFV event the Inventory Optimizer site was showing any FFV 3++ swords I could make being not quite as good as non-RS 5* swords I had etc. Wasn't by a ton though.

Falk

that puzzling face
RS 2++s are equivalent/very slightly below Non-RS 5s

The best 5s (Yoshimitsu, etc) are still generally around a 3++, but right now that doesn't happen very often.

Most 3++ swords will be in the 130-140ATK range with RS.

edit: Actually closer to 125-135 apparently. Still higher than the typical 5* sword right now

edit2: Keep in mind the stuff that has procs or boosts (extra wind damage, etc) have shittier stats to compensate.

Unless it's Lenna's Healing Staff. That thing is God's Tool of Destruction literally.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Am I crazy in thinking they should do what they did with their 2nd dungeon update, and put out a bunch of 'easier' dungeons? One of the reasons I haven't played much outside of the events is that the scaling of the regular dungeons is getting too high requiring a lot more micro management and balancing of parties.

Gravijah

Sooooo much to do. I've gotta unlock unlock White Mage/Black Mage MCs so I can get their RM2 and finally make my life easier, working on the event, farming orbs... I don't think I'm going to be able to get Squalls MC2.

Nobody make the same mistake I just did, fighting against the final Elite of the new dungeon update. Bahumet in ff13. It's a boss that casts doom at the start so there's a time limit. Well I almost beat him, health bar didn't have any orange left however my timer hit zero. Game over. Figured I would just use a mythril to continue and beat him next time. In doing so, all my stored soul break gauges I went into the fight with were gone. Needed them to win(needed boon especially). Waste of time waste of mythril. Lame

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just did the Ultima Weapon Elite to get Steiner's MC

woof

Didn't master so I have to redo it at some point
That's a terrible battle. I could brute force it with Mythril, but screw it.

Nobody make the same mistake I just did, fighting against the final Elite of the new dungeon update. Bahumet in ff13. It's a boss that casts doom at the start so there's a time limit. Well I almost beat him, health bar didn't have any orange left however my timer hit zero. Game over. Figured I would just use a mythril to continue and beat him next time. In doing so, all my stored soul break gauges I went into the fight with were gone. Needed them to win(needed boon especially). Waste of time waste of mythril. Lame
Yeah, it's strange that they don't refill SB gauges. But I guess that would make it "too easy" or something.

Falk

that puzzling face
Way back when Mythril refreshing was a legit consideration for final bosses (Red Dragon heh) autoattacking while waiting for the boss to kill you to build SB gauges was the shit.

Falk

that puzzling face
No, more for the stacking bonus (+2 uses = hallelujah when everyone had shit hones) and if you're already gonna do it you might as well have SB gauge as a bonus

AZYG4LYFE

Neo Member
Well that was quick, was prepared to actually do more 11x pulls, but this will suffice.

RjvUpWZ.png

See you all on black Friday, goodluck in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom