• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

I've had a hard time keeping up with the game due to lack of interest. Since getting a switch my mindset has been "why play this on my phone when I can play Zelda BOTW".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've had a hard time keeping up with the game due to lack of interest. Since getting a switch my mindset has been "why play this on my phone when I can play Zelda BOTW".
I'm the other way - mobile games ruined other games for me. Why play this 60 dollar game I bought when there's an event in this f2p game. lol

I'm the other way - mobile games ruined other games for me. Why play this 60 dollar game I bought when there's an event in this f2p game. lol

The value proposition wasn't the issue for me conveinence of quick 5-10 minute bursts on the go on my phone. Switch isn't conveinent on the go but since it's the full console experience game anywhere I have time that triggers something in my brain.

that feeling when your 100 gem screen shakes and you see it is a dupe gun in a realm you already have 2 other 5+ ssb guns. sigh what a 2 second roller coaster.

and, won't use as rosettas since these ssbs show up in luckies, so this will be in my inventory until the end of the game, in all likelihood.

Tidd

A+ was quite easy. Especially compared to Asura and Leviathan. Kain's BSB is awesome with his lance and Agrias' shield. It's so easy to hit 9999 with every attack under shout even though he doesn't get any synergy.

sheesh those mp raids were super easy.

celes + indom blade=win button yet again
my second was tyro with USB/BSB/Wall, dancing and wraithing and blinking those ultimate ultimas on the A+. Didn't see the UU on the U+, our pug had 2 Squall OSB users firing.

Yup, easy raids. Although in my 220 one of the first three sorceresses decided to recast reflect as my Exdeth was already charging Meltdown. Killed someone's Relm, I spammed "Sorry, So Sorry" after that. Didn't stop us from winning despite being the only healer BSB on the team.

Decided to do the U++ CM straight away since my VIII syngery is good. Irvine had his BSB and wore Sniper Soul to avoid blindness, everyone else was a mage and I just alternated fire and ice spells the whole time. Took a long time and at the very end, the second cast of SG ran out and his Ultimate Spark spam started hurting. Edea died but she was like level 58, so...

PgHnFnC.jpg

CM and everything else done. 220 VIII event isnt too tough but then I have some lightning bursts. Almost lost a few on dudes at the end but then that's because I dont have a BSB heal. Kept em up and mastered.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The value proposition wasn't the issue for me conveinence of quick 5-10 minute bursts on the go on my phone. Switch isn't conveinent on the go but since it's the full console experience game anywhere I have time that triggers something in my brain.
Heh, interesting. Even when I carried my 3DS around all the time, I eventually stopped playing it to just do some Love Live or whatever. I was skeptical of phone games, but the throwaway nature of it combined with the games as service thing is like a perfect combination for mindless gaming.

Don't do it!

If it's element+ gear that you're going to be using a lot, why not. Rosetta stones are a lot easier to come by now than they used to be.

A+ down. Not a hard fight but a long one, and I made the mistake of not bringing a BSB healer so Selphie was out of spells by the very end. Strat was to debuff the hell out of everyone until they were toothless (Ark Blast, Phantom, Sea Lord's Broadside, Keeper's Tome).

Rubenov

If it's element+ gear that you're going to be using a lot, why not. Rosetta stones are a lot easier to come by now than they used to be.

Considering you're likely getting a +1 Def per stone ... I'd say it's a waste. Best spent on +ATK or +MAG on your weapons. And you'll likely always need more stones unless you're a massive whale

Wazzy

Banned
Both raids were a lot of fun! I did both of them with Hours Left and had an amazing group. Everyone was up all the way through and then I finished the fight with Squall's OSB lol

RW summoned 56 times yesterday... Wtf... I usually have like 5 to 10. It's Faris USB.
Were there any AoE heavy fights or maybe ones that warrant mitigation stacking a few days ago (for whatever reason coins are delayed a few days). All I can think is people trying to solo the cabbage patch kids on the last day of the raid re-run though maybe FFIV A+ just hit hard or something (for those curious I didn't even get time to Cid Mission Baigan let alone contemplate A+, RIP major holy orbs I'd probably hoard).

Super easy raid against the sorceresses.
People on reddit are saying the same. I got disconnected during a great A+ battle (an imperil holy themed one) so lag is still the toughest foe to beat (it shouldn't be me I'm using an emulator and wired connection) :( I'm rocking the either great or utterly redundant duo of Celes and Panelo.

The U+ battle though. "Ultimate" Meltdown was doing around 270-350 damage with bog standard FB+MBD+Shellga+Wall. I also kinda messed up as I joined a game with an Exdeath host and only after I cast IB I thought "oh shoot, grand cross and we have no boostga...I should have used mine instead". But U+ is so weak you still do massive damage without any boost.

friz898

Did the d220. Found it easier than AsuraLevi.

I turtles the whole thing.

3 healer BSB that included last stand and reraise, Edge for a double last stand, and the MVP was alphinaud who just reflected all the dmg right back at them.

I used Wall but when it ran out, I didn't use it again tell thing blows up.

I did not use any blinks or mitigation besides last stand and reraise, Selphie, Relm, Eiko just cast heal all day.

Every group AE he did would be a 10-15k dmg back on him.

WarAdept

Master of Fate U++ CM

Irvine - N/A
Rinoa - Sorceress Awakening
Edea - N/A
Quistis - N/A
Selphie - Trabia's Light

Well this was ridiculously easy. 2 characters alternating between fire and ice magic, a Support with Blind Resist and 2 healers, one with an old crappy medica and it went swimmingly. Bring your lightning resist.

tgCAipVl.jpg

Master of Fate A+

Tyro - Wall
Raines - Metamorphosis
OK - Vessel of Fate
Ashe - Dusk's Decree
Vanille - Transcendent Dream

Standard tank and spank fight. It's long, so bring BSB's/high hones. Dr.Mog said it was going to counter with attacks that slow on my characters, so everyone had slow resist, but I saw nothing of the sort.

You lie Dr. Mog. You lieeeeeeeeeeee.

Jk06wtKl.jpg

Balphon

Standard tank and spank fight. It's long, so bring BSB's/high hones. Dr.Mog said it was going to counter with attacks that slow on my characters, so everyone had slow resist, but I saw nothing of the sort.

You lie Dr. Mog. You lieeeeeeeeeeee.

Red soldier (rarely) counters magic with slowga.

Excited for Dead from the Deep Torment. That CM is going to be my bitch this time. Exdeth w/ Grand Cross and Faris with 5* dance/Sea Lord's Broadside/Phantom say hello.

I took this down when it was released and sea Lord was the MVp iirc. Faris is a great character even with just that sb. Good luck.

I'm waiting on x to come back to do the hard torment level, ran out of time last time. Ive mastered all torment levels including cms except for that one. Torments are so tedious I have to really gear up mentally for them.

I did it without a medica. Well i had a shared medica staff from X, so no RS, and it was a weak Cure-level heal. I don't think i even used it during the fight, if i did i only used it once.

I did also have Sheepsong for regen though.

Weird, I remember the AoE damage being really high. Maybe it'll be different now with power creep. I'll probably pulled once on each banner though, maybe I'll get lucky

ccbfan

Anyone else find CM rewards weak and counter productive.

The reward is only major orbs but you don't really need most 5* skills except for CMs or if you've been really unlucky with BSBs.

They need to up the rewards to Crystals, so I have a reason to get 5* skills. Not going to spend hundreds of Major Orbs just to get 2-3 extra majors a week.

Anyone else find CM rewards weak and counter productive.

The reward is only major orbs but you don't really need most 5* skills except for CMs or if you've been really unlucky with BSBs.

They need to up the rewards to Crystals, so I have a reason to get 5* skills. Not going to spend hundreds of Major Orbs just to get 2-3 extra majors a week.

What *are* you going to spend those major orbs on, if not 5* abilities?

60 stam for 2 major orbs is a great return and gives a bit of a challenge in a game that isn't all that challenging.

With five major blacks in the next event I'll need 8 more to r3 chain waterga from the next event. Frustrating, so close. Probably have it by end of month.

Jarekx

CM down. My 8 synergy was through the roof and I got an amazing 5-pull on banner one that netted me most of the relics used.

Fujin (50) - BSB
Irvine (65) - BSB
Squall (81) - BSB2
Quistis (80) Mighty Guard
Selphie (63) - USB

RW: sentinel Grimoire

Had so many breaks to it's Magic that SG was probably not needed. Just let quistis and Fujin alternate his weakness til Squall built BSB.

Xetherion

Weird, I remember the AoE damage being really high. Maybe it'll be different now with power creep. I'll probably pulled once on each banner though, maybe I'll get lucky

I had Faris' revWall and used a RW Wall, so the damage was quite manageable... until the 2nd cast of Wall ran out. Luckily I was pretty close to winning by that point and managed to finish them before they wiped me.

Also had elemental resist accessories, not sure if you have those since you restarted the game relatively recently.

Wazzy

Banned
Finished up the VIII event and CM mission as usual. Only event where I HAVE to finish everything and master it lol

I guess the hoarding begins soon for the next big VIII event. I still want to do one pull on second banner before it goes to try for Rinoa's outfit. There's also Clouds new USB that I would like to try and pull but I could also just use RW.

I had Faris' revWall and used a RW Wall, so the damage was quite manageable... until the 2nd cast of Wall ran out. Luckily I was pretty close to winning by that point and managed to finish them before they wiped me.

Also had elemental resist accessories, not sure if you have those since you restarted the game relatively recently.

I have all the ones from the nightmare dungeons.

friz898

So as mentioned recently, really busy here these last few weeks.

Today is just one of the Torments (sounds like 5 from you guys discussing Faris) is opening up?

d140, d180, d220 all done, both new multi's done.

This apoc was easier than last one, and the raids were all no gos due to healing until I brought in my own (over)healing which I've had to do before.

Once I brought Relm and Eiko with their bursts, got it first try. (On the harder raid that is, d220 I imagine)

Edit: so my point was btw, one torment reopen (I already did d200, will do d250 this time) and nothing tomorrow either until new event Thursday?

Anustart

Looks like it's in 24 hours that I will get a old BLM dupe SSB instead of my last chance at Lulu's BSB! Can't wait!

I'm going for that one too!!!

Edit: beat cm for dead.

Dorgann, bartz, greg, lenna and krile. Ssb for dorgann, bartz, Glenna. Bsb for krile and greg, also ssb for krile for that double mag boost from her and dorgann.

ZangBa

I'm shocked I managed to do the FFV torment with a CM team. I only have Bartz OSB, Faris USB and a 30% boostga on Lenna which was pretty hard to manage while healing and refreshing shellga. Bartz did pretty much 90% of the damage. I also have Galuf's SSB but didn't use it because it's too complicated to refresh properly for me and my brain can't handle it. This is probably the most use I will ever get out of Faris' USB in this whole game.

Beat Dead from the Deep 250 and 200 CM this morning.

Whale team go! Onion Knight (spec'ed as mage) supplied Vessel of Fate and magic damage, Faris did AOE breakage, Tyro used his BSB and SG when necessary, Alphinaud summoned Tritoch and used BSB to ether, Y'shtola used SSII and Asylum. RW was Maria BSB but I didn't even need it. They never stood a chance.

CM would have been easier if Krile hadn't been Silenced for most of the fight. (Wish I had brought Ultra Cure!) Luckily Sheepsong doesn't count as magic so she was able to contribute something. Greg ended up dealing most of the damage, with Exdeth tossing in some Meltdowns. No BSB for Lenna but her SSB medica was enough,

H3xum

Hello, all

I started this game last night out of boredom. I have some gacha experience (FFBE before those rates killed me/I got super bored with the content), so I understand the general concepts, but, I was hoping I could get a little help with the intricacies of RK.

• So it seems that this game is tied to equipment more than the baseline character? Or are there certain characters that are head and shoulders above?
  • When I started I drew with the free mythril and get a 5* Blitz Blade that has been helping me cruise through content. Is it worth dumping all of the upgrade material (20 giant scarlettite) into it or is there a tiered list of weapons I should be looking out for?
  • What are (if any) the crucial abilities I should craft asap? Or are those inconsequential until I get higher levels, since I am just brute forcing my team through everything with 5 physical attackers (Tyro, Wakka, Kain, Cloud, Laguna)
  • I am currently between level 13-15 on my squad. Should I invest my growth eggs or keep those for the major players (whomever they may be)
  • I currently have 55 mythril, should I do a 11 pull or are there future banners around the corner that a brand new person like myself should wait for?

Thanks in advance! I am sure you are all sick of these questions by now, but, any help is appreciated

Top Bottom