• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

evangd007

Black Mage: 2/11 - Rydia BSB and Shantotto SSB1
White Mage: 3/11 - Porom SSB2, Vanille SSB (dupe), Beatrix SSB1

Good quantity at least. The BSB is an en-earth with vanilla commands, but I like Rydia. Summon type is nice, and with Maria's BSB all I need is an imperil earth for a decent elemental team.

Having never pulled on an FFIV banner, I now have SBs for 7 unique characters from FFIV, including native hastega, boostga, faithga, and medica. Kinda crazy.

Tidd

Meh, the FF V 250 torment dungeon would be so easy without these 3 elemental requirements to master it. Just beat it with a Beatrix/Agrias combo. Setzer with his BSB for the support role, Ramza for Shout and Y'shtola for Wall/BSB. Surprisingly I had no problems to maintain both with her. RW was Eiko's USB just in case I need a panic button which was unnecessary. But I didn't master it because I was too lazy to hit the 3 weaknesses. I guess I could have hit earth with Gaia Cross and another one with Ramza's Ninja magic.

Why did I do this? [...] I knew the banners are terrible but I somehow hoped for Cid's BSB.
Yuuuuuuup. Technically, the pull wasn't terrible, but 2 of my 3 relics were dupes and now I only have 15 mythril. :/

BM LD
Kefka EnPoison BSB (New)
Braska EnFire SSB (Dupe)

WM LD
Vanille BSB (Dupe)

I'm thinking of 99ing Kefka. I now have his BSB and his Haste Faithga SB. I'm not sure if it's worth it or not, though. *Shrug*

friz898

I have this desire to have some team with 4 BSB healers while alphi fronts deployment tactics but it never quite works out perfect unless I bring more dmg

1/11 on both lucky draws today.

First was Seymour BSB, second was Eiko USB. Both were not dupes so I can't complain at all.

Except that now I have no mythril...

Jarekx

WM- 1/11. Keeper OSB ( dupe )

Guess it'll be a good stat stick for keeper when I do the nightmare bosses I fell behind on...

Other than that I'm still trying to work the kinks outta my Team for FFV Torment CM. I got Runic, and a Native Medica BSB. I want to bring hastega but the like of wall really destroys me. Multi break being at R1 doesn't really help either.

MrDaravon

3/11 BM, all new: Desch SSB, Maria SSB/OSB

I have Maria's BSB so the game is telling me to put her on my A-Team now lol. She builds pretty good meter with her BSB so finishing a fight with an OSB rather than another BSB cast is solid I guess. Her SSB seems useless though but will give me some more MAG on her when mastered.

Desch SSB has imperil Lightning which I'm not suuuure that I have elsewhere without checking, but it's new so I'll take it. I also have his enLightning SB so practically speaking now sure I'll get much use out of this but situationally this could be useful.

Definitely feel okay about this for 25 mythril. I'll have to pull on WM later, don't have enough mythril right now.

Mastered FFV 250! Stupidly didnt have Meteor Strike on Snow last time. Also raised Steiner up to 97. Other toons were Rosa, Cait Sith and OK.

Took out Ice, then Fire, then Poison near the end. Think you get quite a bit of time on 250 before revive. Huzzah!

G1aOLiv.png

Hot damn, Cid! No dupes and I've really wanted Tyro's BSB! He'd be complete if I could just get his OSB.

1 mythril short of the WHM draw. Tomorrow.

friz898

Mastered FFV 250! Stupidly didnt have Meteor Strike on Snow last time. Also raised Steiner up to 97. Other toons were Rosa, Cait Sith and OK.

Took out Ice, then Fire, then Poison near the end. Think you get quite a bit of time on 250 before revive. Huzzah!

Still working on it

3/11 BM, all new: Desch SSB, Maria SSB/OSB

I have Maria's BSB so the game is telling me to put her on my A-Team now lol. She builds pretty good meter with her BSB so finishing a fight with an OSB rather than another BSB cast is solid I guess. Her SSB seems useless though but will give me some more MAG on her when mastered.

Desch SSB has imperil Lightning which I'm not suuuure that I have elsewhere without checking, but it's new so I'll take it. I also have his enLightning SB so practically speaking now sure I'll get much use out of this but situationally this could be useful.

Definitely feel okay about this for 25 mythril. I'll have to pull on WM later, don't have enough mythril right now.

Maria's OSB is the best in the game simply for the fact it kerplodes the entire planet just to murder one mob.

WarAdept

Pulled 6/22. 4 were dupes...

BLM lucky was a complete bust, all dupes (this is my 4th Braska robe...)

WHM lucky had one dupe (my 3rd Tyro's coat) but the 2 new relics I got are awesome! Sarah and Poroms BSB! EVEN MORE MAGIC STACKING.

PUCmhaHl.jpg
ntQ71vrl.jpg

WM 1/11 - Relms old SSB medica. I don't have native FFVI medica so roll on next FFVI event though I'm not sure I can be bothered with Cid missions now that it is U++ (though getting rid of U+ was a good decision since it had turned into RW OSB+win)

BM 3/11 - Dupes of Play Rough and Sheepsong (great relics, btw...shame bracers are trash stat sticks though at least I can get that to 8* now) and a Cid Raines relic...but it was the glove not the claw.

Bit of a dud but I walked into it knowing it was a trap banner and 4/11 is not something you can bank on in a full price draw (which can also contain duds) and at least it wasn't this poor

Maria's OSB is the best in the game simply for the fact it kerplodes the entire planet just to murder one mob.
It's single target sadly (or not as it is all the more amusing with the animation that makes you scream how did that only hit one target). Shame as the only AoE OSB is pretty cool once in a blue moon but outside of elemental weakness and maxed gear it tends to be subpar which is not really what you want from an OSB.

H3xum

So it seems like everyone is pulling on the two new banners?

Are these especially good? Please excuse my ignorance as I started yesterday.

I'm used to coming from FFBE where the banners were only good enough to do 11 pulls on maybe once a month. I'm unsure if it is just a different mentality in this game since mythril seems relatively abundant

Thanks!

So it seems like everyone is pulling on the two new banners?

Are these especially good? Please excuse my ignorance as I started yesterday.

I'm used to coming from FFBE where the banners were only good enough to do 11 pulls on maybe once a month. I'm unsure if it is just a different mentality in this game since mythril seems relatively abundant

Thanks!

"Lucky banners", as they call them, are half price for the first pull, which is generally why people are pulling. They're not good enough to pull on at full price.

Also, mythril dries up somewhat after you clear all the story dungeons

ccbfan

2/11 for both banners.

BLK - Edea BSB and Raine SSB (Dupe) - Was kinda excited about Edea BSB but I'm not sure I have the stackable faithgas to reach max hits.

WHT - Ovelia BSB and Selphie BSB, I have so many Medica BSBs (Ysho, Relm, Eiko) that Ovelia is almost a dupe since she's a super crappy character. Selphie BSB though I'm very excited for. A super stackable Faithga that also boost mind.

Now making Edea BSB work.

How much faithga do I need to max hit Edea?

I have

Sheep Mode - 30%
RW Raines or OK - 30%
Selphie BSB - 30%
Edea C2 - 30%

Whats the best RM to use and how much magic do I need for max hits?

ultra7k

Pulled only on the black mage banner, got 3/11

Serah SSB, Cloud of Darkness SSB, Reynn SSB - no dupes which is nice, but I guess I have a pretty great Mage Shout now.

friz898

Here's some inspiration.

8msQKwp.png

I keep going back and forth with not having enough healing to keep up with RW meltdown

Or bringing extra healing or my rev wall to kinda make Wall last longer still not working because dps isn't enough to kill at a decent speed once wall expires.

I have been so close that RNG if nothing else will get me a win at some point but man i hate how I reached the point where I am good enough and have the relics to do d250 now but knowing that, can't rest until it is done.

evangd007

Are the Extreme Fest banners full price?

There should be 3 themed half-price once-only lucky draws. JP was imperil, curaga, and Bursts or better, but there is no guarantee that they will be the same.

Then there will be 5 full-price unlimited banners with 4 6* relics, 6 BSBs, and 2 SSBs on each.

2/11 for both banners.

BLK - Edea BSB and Raine SSB (Dupe) - Was kinda excited about Edea BSB but I'm not sure I have the stackable faithgas to reach max hits.

WHT - Ovelia BSB and Selphie BSB, I have so many Medica BSBs (Ysho, Relm, Eiko) that Ovelia is almost a dupe since she's a super crappy character. Selphie BSB though I'm very excited for. A super stackable Faithga that also boost mind.

Now making Edea BSB work.

How much faithga do I need to max hit Edea?

I have

Sheep Mode - 30%
RW Raines or OK - 30%
Selphie BSB - 30%
Edea C2 - 30%

Whats the best RM to use and how much magic do I need for max hits?

- I would be happy to get a medica BSB on a new realm regardless of quality. It makes CM that much easier.

- Edea's BSB breakpoints are 726, 1133, 1205, so between character and gear with 3 boosts you'd need 382, 596, 634, and with 4 boosts you'd need 330, 515, 547. It will be easier when Edea gets her MC3.

Syntsui

Got Edea BSB, I kind of wanted it way back so I'm not even mad.

These types of BSB are pretty outdated by today standards though.

friz898

I really like hers, it seems to hit hard with little effort.

As you know I don't usually go look at multipliers and such so.

But ya ya, I know what you mean. Things get outdated pretty quick it seems except when DeNa didn't realize what they were doing such as Wall as a unique sb

Tidd

Is today standards what Japan have or what global have? Because for global those 4-6 hit BSBs are still the best mage BSB you can get. I would say there are only two maybe three mage BSBs that are better. Alphinaud's and Cid Raine's. (third could be Fujin's because of the debuff)

Syntsui

Is today standards what Japan have or what global have? Because for global those 4-6 hit BSBs are still the best mage BSB you can get. I would say there are only two maybe three mage BSBs that are better. Alphinaud's and Cid Raine's. (third could be Fujin's because of the debuff)
Global standard, most of the top tier BSB have some special type of effect that either severely cripple the opponent, protects the party against ailments, or hasten your own commands. Edea is just damage for the sake of damage.

friz898

Global standard, most of the top tier BSB have some special type of effect that either severely cripple the opponent, protects the party against ailments, or hasten your own commands. Edea is just damage for the sake of damage.

Honey look, as a trophy wife by today's standards, you can't just have a great body, good looks, and walk around all day in workout clothes to give impression that your fitness never stops.

No, today's trophy wives are also amazing cooks, love to clean, and run a successful eBay business at home for extra Cruise and Vacation money.

I still wish I had Raines BSB. Although I do have Rapha which is quite similar and makes a good pair with Shantotto's lightning chain.

The next time Raines' claw appears is on a banner with a bunch of waifu Lightning's stuff, so I'll be pulling hard on that one.

friz898

I still wish I had Raines BSB. Although I do have Rapha which is quite similar and makes a good pair with Shantotto's lightning chain.

The next time Raines' claw appears is on a banner with a bunch of waifu Lightning's stuff, so I'll be pulling hard on that one.

I really like Rapha due to cmd 1 being hacks but I can't fit her in yet except against lightning.

Tidd

So Squall's BSB2 is outdated because it just deals damage? :p
Just because something only deals damage doesn't mean it's outdated. If you can manage to get the 6 hits it does an insane amount of damage. Especially if an enemy is weak against ice. That's their job as damage dealers. And her 2nd cmd is a self-buff for her which stacks with everything. So you can hit the cap even easier. The differences between a mage BSB with an instant-cast cmd vs a BSB with a 6-hit cmd aren't that big (https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...n_indepth_quantitative_analysis_of_mage_bsbs/)

I believe we should be up-to-date with this ranking once the FF V event hits tonight. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5c06v8/lets_talk_bsbs_attach_magical_rankings/

But I can totally understand you if you prefer BSBs with additional effects. Personally I don't like to run mages who can't use wrath. It just takes way too long to set things up without it. :/

Is it possible to get 6 hits twice in a single burst with Squall's BSB2? Usually I end up using C1 twice, then using C2 twice. This does more damage overall than using C1 three times and C2 once.

friz898

Is it possible to get 6 hits twice in a single burst with Squall's BSB2? Usually I end up using C1 twice, then using C2 twice. This does more damage overall than using C1 three times and C2 once.

Totally unrelated but reminded of Firions BSB command dilemma

Am I going to have enough time to build 1 up to 8 hits or should I just do the 4 hit command over and over lol. Really depends on the fight. Then sometimes like this torment, I don't even have time to use them, I just spam life siphon with him to build up another magic blink.

WarAdept

Squall BSB2

Courtesy of Chrisfade on Reddit

Here's the numbers. Just like CCP said, C1 x2 + C2x3 is superior to getting that extra junction.

Command 2 Multiplier/Hits (+Crit Chance Per Hit):
0 Junction - 2.16/4
1 Junction - 4.45/5 (+5%)
2 Junction - 6.3/6(+10%)
3 Junction - 8.75/7(+25%)

Command 1 is .80/2. Assuming 5 actions in Burst Mode:
C1x0 + C2x5: 10.82/20
C1x1 + C2x4: 18.60/22
C1x2 + C2x3: 20.50/22
C1x3 + C2x2: 19.90/20

To squeeze in 6 hits, you're going to have to give the user Non-Charge somehow or Orlandeu's RM3 + Entrustbot.

Tidd

I don't have it myself but I guess you could use Orlandeau's lv.99 RM. It should reduce the cast time enough to get more uses of cmd1 at his peak.

Edit: MathKeepers wins once again!

Squall BSB2

Courtesy of Chrisfade on Reddit

Here's the numbers. Just like CCP said, C1 x2 + C2x3 is superior to getting that extra junction.

Command 2 Multiplier/Hits (+Crit Chance Per Hit):
0 Junction - 2.16/4
1 Junction - 4.45/5 (+5%)
2 Junction - 6.3/6(+10%)
3 Junction - 8.75/7(+25%)

Command 1 is .80/2. Assuming 5 actions in Burst Mode:
C1x0 + C2x5: 10.82/20
C1x1 + C2x4: 18.60/22
C1x2 + C2x3: 20.50/22
C1x3 + C2x2: 19.90/20

To squeeze in 6 hits, you're going to have to give the user Non-Charge somehow or Orlandeu's RM3 + Entrustbot.

Hmm, for some reason I thought I was getting only 4 actions in burst mode. Guess I'll have to double check

Totally unrelated but reminded of Firions BSB command dilemma

Am I going to have enough time to build 1 up to 8 hits or should I just do the 4 hit command over and over lol. Really depends on the fight. Then sometimes like this torment, I don't even have time to use them, I just spam life siphon with him to build up another magic blink.

If I remember right, you have to cast the BSB at least 3 times to be able to use CMD1 enough times to build up the max iteration, and even then it's not more overall DPS than if you had just spammed CMD2 due to CMD2's powerchain effect. It's a great BSB regardless, but the iteration mechanic was not implemented in a way to make it worthwhile.

WarAdept

Hmm, for some reason I thought I was getting only 4 actions in burst mode. Guess I'll have to double check

5 actions in Burst mode requires some really fast inputting. You need to know exactly what you want your Bursted character to do and have no other characters queued in front selecting commands (taking away precious time) to squeeze that 5th action in BSB mode.

Or use Auto mode when Squall's ATB is nearly full to have the game select CMD1 for you and shave off some milliseconds from the UI input.

Syntsui

So Squall's BSB2 is outdated because it just deals damage? :p
Just because something only deals damage doesn't mean it's outdated. If you can manage to get the 6 hits it does an insane amount of damage. Especially if an enemy is weak against ice. That's their job as damage dealers. And her 2nd cmd is a self-buff for her which stacks with everything. So you can hit the cap even easier. The differences between a mage BSB with an instant-cast cmd vs a BSB with a 6-hit cmd aren't that big (https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...n_indepth_quantitative_analysis_of_mage_bsbs/)

I believe we should be up-to-date with this ranking once the FF V event hits tonight. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5c06v8/lets_talk_bsbs_attach_magical_rankings/

But I can totally understand you if you prefer BSBs with additional effects. Personally I don't like to run mages who can't use wrath. It just takes way too long to set things up without it. :/
Squall BSB2 does much more damage than Edea BSB. It's on another league of BSB.

friz898

Ultimates onwards, it's Speed 1, but I'm happy to manipulate speed for things like Air Time.

By 1 you mean slowest? I never tried but that seems like it would be painfully slow. Maybe I should try that on this d250 torment that keep losing at a difference of 5% on each pig.

Edit: Need opinions, just editing this to not create another post.

I feel I have a great setup but I think one thing is off or lacking, and as we know from Starcraft, that can be a difference maker.

Concise setup:

Firion wirh BSB
Relm with BSB
Vann with BSB (new addition but did great)
Alphi with Deploytactics
O Knight (Have all toys but using as nave with blowback)

Thinking about taking out Alphi and putting in Tyro with Keeper Tome. Keep in mind deploy tactics is a huge dps with these AE Pigs, also it does same buff as Vessel of Fate.

If I do put in Tyro, I would need to switch OK to His BSB for the buff, I would keep him a Mage. Tyro would need to back up heal and either bring multibreak or replace Alphi Ruinga. OK doing Meteor, this all being for the trash.

I am just worried about dps if I lose Alphi ticking 1500-2500 x5 after every AE hits me

ccbfan

- Edea's BSB breakpoints are 726, 1133, 1205, so between character and gear with 3 boosts you'd need 382, 596, 634, and with 4 boosts you'd need 330, 515, 547. It will be easier when Edea gets her MC3.

Shouldn't be too bad since BSB is 1.2x by default.

Something like a

BSB - 1.2
Raines - BSB - 1.3
Sheep Mode - 1.3
C2 - 1.3

is 2.6364 but buff soft cap is like 2.5

So to get the 6 marker you need like 460-475 mag which mean any white/black mage rs weapon should hit benchmark. The only realm I don't have a RS mage weapon is FFI and FFXI and don't have an OSB wand.

Witch skill quick cast is gonna be great for building meter.

evangd007

Pretty much every DQ and FF, I play at max so no exception with this. But I have wondered if some people do boss battles at a slower speed to get the order of commands and decision time etc perfect.

On difficult battles, I use speed 2 while hasted, sometimes dropping to 1 if there are hair-trigger thresholds where I need to use medica or blink.

Rubenov

I don't have it myself but I guess you could use Orlandeau's lv.99 RM. It should reduce the cast time enough to get more uses of cmd1 at his peak.

Edit: MathKeepers wins once again!

I have it. Orlandeu's RM3 is not enough by itself to get 6 burst commands (3 uses of max charged cmd2).

I was able to get 6 uses using Orlandeu's RM3 + Ramza's non-charge USB (1 instant cast use).

Even then, I cannot consistently get three uses of max-charged CMD2... only about half the time.

Top Bottom