• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

WarAdept

I might have 500+ Mythril in time for Anniversary, hopefully the fest banners are good.

ALREADY THERE BABY.

Come at me 2nd Anni

3YGnLfX.jpg

MrDaravon

I'm at about 210 right now before all of the freebies we're about to get, more is always better but I'm pretty happy with that amount. IIRC we should hopefully get the anniversary banners datamined before the FF2 banners go away; my FF2 synergy is pretty non-existent, and looking at reddit there is apparently NO next FF2 event yet in Japan so I'm thinking I might pull on those if I have the mythril to spare for FF2 Torment CM purposes.

Rubenov

Multiplayer fights are getting more difficult. It's harder for 1 player with two characters to carry a team, like you could a while ago.

For this fight you "need" haste (not needed per se but much harder fight unless with stellar team), you "need" at least two healers (with bursts or medicas, none of this single-curaja crap), and you either need wall or top-notch support bursts.

Then you need smart teammates that don't cast the Iga blade burst for Ramza instead of Shout (not a good idea 90% of the time, save the Shout if already hasted), that don't come with Tyro and start "wrathing" to get Wall instead of having Wall ready on Turn 1, that know if someone falls asleep please please just hit them with Attack once.

Anyway, too many variables... but I like it. Some hilarious moments were had.

Saw a disco ball but it was for Zidane OSB, along with his BSB, Vivi BSB (dupe) and Agrias SSB Shield. Too bad I was really hoping for III synergy or something for Cid. I had 50% chance when I saw the 6* disco ball! Very happy with the pull, but it got my hopes up a lot for a second...

WarAdept

Saw a disco ball but it was for Zidane OSB,

I want that. You're going to be swimming in Gysahl Greens come the dailies update after 2nd anni.

Got Beatrix BSB. I also have Agrias BSB which is a carbon copy of this. Imperil Holy stacking meta go! (Thank god for G5, I would've gotten 11 x 3* items...)

n9XCd26.jpg

3/11 in the Lucky Draw. Zidane BSB, Ramza BSB, and a dupe Steiner SSB. Pretty happy! I already had pretty much all of the really desirable stuff on the banner so some second-tier non-dupes are just fine.

Going in I was 6/51 (5 for IX and 1 for FFT) and haven't pulled for a while. The thirst was real.

Pulled a 5/11 no dupes.
-Platinum Sword (FFT) - Ramza
-Coral Sword (FFT) - Delita
-Runeblade (FFT) - Delita BSSB
-Ancient Sword (III) - Desch
-Rising Sun (III) - Refia

Without hoping for anything specifically (outside of 6*s of course) I'm suuuuuuuuper happy.

I want that. You're going to be swimming in Gysahl Greens come the dailies update after 2nd anni.

n9XCd26.jpg

Yea I am happy for that! Getting his BSB also allows for an Imperil Wind + Wind OSB combo. With Zack BSB (well, already an Imperil Wind here), I am slowly building an unintended physical Wind team with LD.

MrDaravon

4/11

Enhancer (Steiner BSB)
Heavy Lance (Freya BSB)
Onion Sword (OK SSB) Dupe
Healing Staff (Ovelia SSB)

-Steiner's BSB seems pretty solid AND I have his imperil-Fire SSB so that seems like a pretty good combo.
-Freya's BSB is my first Dragoon relic period, also seems pretty solid and definitely rounds out my FF9 synergy. Guess I have to craft/hone dragoon skills finally >_>
-OK sword is a dupe but I have very limited FF3 RS so I'll take another sword there for a stat stick.
-I had no FFT medicas so Ovelia's SSB is a welcome addition for CM's.

Honestly short of getting something for Cid I'm pretty happy about this. My FF9 synergy is pretty great at this point although I'd still like a healer BSB there and I don't have much for mage meta there. My FFT synergy is also pretty solid although still nothing for Cid. Guess I would have liked to get something more for FF3 though but eh, not even going to complain for 25 mythril at this haul.

Tempted to pull on XIII for a Wind SB for Fang, there is 3 and she is one of my favorite. However, I have 3 possible dupes and anniversary is so soon. I really wish the banners would come up before the end of XIII but it won't happen.

scy

3/11 - Dagger BSB, Gaffgarion BSB, Ingus SSB

I'll take it. Wasn't expecting much but at least it'll give me something for those realms.

3/11

Mustadio mythril gun (my 3rd so hello dark matter 7*)
ff3 break blade (my second)
Iga blade (at least it wasn't a dupe)

So eh on the lucky but definitely not a waste

B.K.

4/11 on Lucky Draw banner.

Enhancer (IX) - Steiner BSB
Terra's Legacy (IX) - Kuja BSB
Royal Gown (IX) - Garnet SSB (dupe)
Chaosbringer (T) - Gaffgarion BSB

1/11
Zidane SSB

This is easily the lowest point the game has ever reached for me.

You weren't around before G5, were you?

elty

I got two Zidanee OSB.. I wonder how useful is that since I don't have any of his SB. Maybe I will combine them for a super sword instead..

Agrias Defender Dupe/11. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: RS ATK went from 214 -> 242 at 5*+. A stronger RS sword is always useful, but I would be more enthused if I didn't already have Orlandeau's OSB (326 RS ATK).

Syntsui

4/11 on Lucky Draw banner.

Enhancer (IX) - Steiner BSB
Terra's Legacy (IX) - Kuja BSB
Royal Gown (IX) - Garnet SSB (dupe)
Chaosbringer (T) - Gaffgarion BSB

You weren't around before G5, were you?

Technically I'm here since day one, but the game was gutter trash with the piss poor content and disgusting rates. Then I tried again in another occasion and the rates were still a bad joke. Then on my third try (which was close to the last orb fest) with the new rates and improved UI, the game clicked.

ZangBa

I was debating whether to bother with this lucky draw because of how much gear I have from these realms failing to get
OK's BSB and any Cid gear. Mother of God, I pulled OK's BSB, Cid' OSB and some green sword of who gives a shit, God damn.

Is it me or the AUTO, SKIP and RW buttons are smaller now?

Since we're on the subject, I'm pretty sure they moved the little banner that displays the name of the ability being used (either by you or the enemy) up to where it's flush with the top of the screen. It drives me fucking nuts, I can't stand that there's no space there anymore.

2/11: Dagger of Resolve and Enhancer (BSBs for Garnet and Steiner). Not dupes, so... that was a good pull?

Since we're on the subject, I'm pretty sure they moved the little banner that displays the name of the ability being used (either by you or the enemy) up to where it's flush with the top of the screen. It drives me fucking nuts, I can't stand that there's no space there anymore.

WHY DID YOU MENTION THIS.

Some preliminary numbers on crystal farming. I've run the 60 stamina dungeon 44 times, and gotten 3 Black Crystals, 1 Major Power Orb, and 40 Greater Black Orbs.

If you count 1 crystal as 10 Major Orbs, then this is equivalent to 35 Major Orbs in 2580 stamina, or 75 Stamina / Major Orb.

WarAdept

So any of the FF13 prizes (Vanilla USB, Cid) in those orbfest draws?

2nd Anni hasn't official started yet, no datamined info on the banners so far (maybe towards the end of the week/weekend).

If you're talking about all the pulls on this page, it's the Dungeon Update Lucky Draw for III, IX and Tactics.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
2nd Anni hasn't official started yet, no datamined info on the banners so far (maybe towards the end of the week/weekend).

If you're talking about all the pulls on this page, it's the Dungeon Update Lucky Draw for III, IX and Tactics.
Yeah, I'm thinking about the second anniversary ones. I'm not sure if I should do a pull on the FF13 banner or not. lol

ZangBa

My current team is Refia BSB, Ramza Shout, Vaan BSB, Cid OSB and a healer SSB. I guess if I wanted to fit OK's BSB into this I'd replace Vaan, but I don't know if it's worth it.

Anustart

Well I did it boys. On the cusp of the 2 year anniversary I finally pulled > 3/11. Went 4 out of 11, got dupe platinum sword, no dupe on gaff chest piece, mustadio gun and.................Luneth Burst!!!!! I've been wanting that forever, and my boy luneth was the first character I got a good* soul break for (advance), and the first character I brought to level 99. His bsb is the only one I have for him besides advance from tyrfing. So stoked right now. Haven't even looked at the chest or gun, loving this spear!

And with that, went ahead and took my platinum sword to 8*. Only item to do so other than thunder gloves. Yay!

Go go power luneth with his bsb, still more pumped about that.

My constant bitching in these topics about never going over 3/11 finally paid off! Sorry guys, but I'll be bitching for the next 2 years about never getting more than 4/11.

Top Bottom