• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Anustart

Only thing that bums me out about luneth bsb is it makes my recent fang bracer pull a little less exciting. Luneth bsb with enwind greater than fang enwind. Though she did come in handy just now.

Absolutely smashed cid mission. Sazh with sb hastega, lightning with smite for instant full charge, vanille bsb heal and fang doing work first phase with lightning dive then destroying 3rd phase with enwind sky high for about 35k damage per enwind with no boost.

3/11 - Luneth BSB, 2x Orlandeau OSB

Lucky draws continue to be the only thing to give me good stuff.
You are so damn lucky man. Just quit the game now. lol, I jest of course.

3/11, no dupes. Really wanted Cid's OSB, who doesn't, unless you already have it. Haven't pulled since FF14 and FFT event two months ago. Been saving mythrils ever since. I record dive Luneth for Support 4 and Spellblade 5 so he's even more valuable to me now. Refia and Zidane gets a new toy. Gotta see if Refia's new SSB stacks with Shout or Vessel of Fate? I have no relics for Zidane, so this will help with en-wind element.
PT4vzGj.png

WarAdept

Gotta see if Refia's new SSB stacks with Shout or Vessel of Fate?

Stacks with both due to +Atk/Def being different to +Atk and +Atk/Mag. Won't stack with HotE or similar +Atk/Def effects.

Anniversary Lucky Banners:
Healers
EnElement
BSBs

Damn okay.

2nd Anni Healer Lucky

4/19. Guaranteed pull. Excellent banner all round. Praying for some BSB's from other realms that I don't have medicas for.

2nd Anni EnElement Lucky

9/69. Also guaranteed pull. RIP to the sorry sod that gets CFU.

2nd Anni BSB Lucky

15/105. PULL PULL PULL.
RIP if I get another Tiny Bee.

TLDR: PULL EVERYTHING

Balphon

I might skip the healer one but the other two are pretty much no-brainers for anybody.

EDIT: That healer banner image seems to be missing a bunch of stuff (e.g. bursts for Sarah, Lenna, Penelo). Unless there's some reason to assume it's only curaga-level heals?

WarAdept

I might skip the healer one but the other two are pretty much no-brainers for anybody.

EDIT: That healer banner image seems to be missing a bunch of stuff (e.g. bursts for Sarah, Lenna, Penelo). Unless there's some reason to assume it's only curaga-level heals?

Only Curaga level.

1/11 for me, got the Rising Sun (IX) for Amarant. Not the best, but gives him an option so i'll level the character during Orbfest and try the SSB out in next months IX event.

DU lucky draw. 1/11. That one happened to be Onion Gauntlets so hooray (also means I can bring level 99 onion knight out of retirement...seriously, the only action he saw was the mote dungeon and I did get him 5* support for that). In terms of A team I guess I can RW wall now and bring Vanille or Eiko burst instead of Garnet SSB. I could also ignore OK and stick with deployment tacts, Maria's Song or go old school physical meta with shout.

Anniversary Lucky Banners:
Healers
EnElement
BSBs
The EnElement has one mistake. For Fujin it should be her jacket instead. The BSB one is missing at least 1 (Hope's Gloves). But with such big lists you expect a few such things.

Deadly

Decided to pull on the lucky banner... Got the Zidane OSB and Freya SSB. Meh. Maybe I should look into getting a wind stacking team? My main team is mostly holy right now.

Anustart

I have 8 of the bsb on that banner. But a chance at raines, kain, zell (drools...) and a bunch of others is too great to pass up! Not that 8 out of however many there is a bad shot anyway, pretty good odds at something tasty.

With the new Imperil stacking, can the same SB increase the stack or does it need to be from different sources?

I'm thinking of using Imperil RWs to quickly stack 2x. My wind team is really nice with Alph BSB, Luneth/Cid BSB, Onion BSB, Tyro Wall/Barret Dual SSB, Vanille BSB. I already get nasty damage out of Sky High but with a double stack of Imperil from RWing Zack's BSB that would be even stronger.

Vade

Finally after so much spent mythril trying and failing to grab it I finally can stop being the thread title :D.

But seriously feels good to get something I wanted as that has pretty much never happened other than Rinoa's burst in record keeper. Hoping this luck passes on to FFBE.

Kain

I have half of that Curaga banner but I'll pull anyway as anything from the other half would be a godsend.

I'm expecting lightning or wind imperil in the other one (I have like three imperil wind and two lightning already lol)

And from the other I'm totally expecting a dupe

9 on healer banner 23 on burst, not counting e enelements, half of which I forget I have like deshs sb sword

Pulled lust dagger, useless sb but great for rs and stat boost for lunettes
Pulled vivs ssb rod that is good for the plus 10 boost and stat stick but not great otherwise.

Oh well, at least two new relics for the inventory.

And here I thought I was doing alright...

I have 13 Bursts among 13 characters. 4 of those Bursts I have pulled multiple times. Some of the ones I have are considered really bad (1st Fusion, Butz' BSB) but I also have top tier ones (Alph, Ysh, OK) so I can't complain too much. I also only have 1 OSB.

Anustart

Definitely won't be pulling on medica banner. I always contemplate suicide when I pull medicas. No need to force that upon myself.

Pejo

Welp - did the lucky pull, 1/11, immediately got bummed.

The 1 ended up being OK gauntlets, immediately got hyped!

Man this totally changes the outlook of my fest banners, I have no idea what to go for now, I was planning on pulling hard for these gauntlets. Luck works in weird ways.

Anustart

I pulled onion bracer back during 1st banner it appeared on and it really didn't change anything. Haven't found it game changing, but did replace ramza with onion.

Pejo

I pulled onion bracer back during 1st banner it appeared on and it really didn't change anything. Haven't found it game changing, but did replace ramza with onion.

Well for me, it's a way of getting out of Shout-meta physical only teams. I pulled quite a few good mage BSBs and haven't been able to really take advantage of them since I had no magic boostga. Just more flexibility and whatnot.

Bug ugh, now I actually have to hone magic abilities. I think almost everything I have is rank 1.

Anustart

Well for me, it's a way of getting out of Shout-meta physical only teams. I pulled quite a few good mage BSBs and haven't been able to really take advantage of them since I had no magic boostga. Just more flexibility and whatnot.

Bug ugh, now I actually have to hone magic abilities. I think almost everything I have is rank 1.

It's definitely handy for that, but just the way it and onion was hyped I thought he'd bring more to the table.

He has allowed me to better use mages for sure!

Thorgal

Decided to roll one 100gem pull for shits and giggles and got Serahs Meteorblaze bow.

On another note, how are you guys taking pics of your screens?

friz898

LU Pull Report:

2/11

FF9 Vivi Flame Staff Burst. New one for me.
FFT Agrias Venetian Shield. Also new.

Looking for the positive, I have a ton of FF9 synergy already, and I rarely use Vivi, opting instead for Kuja and/or Garnet.

But I was very happy about the FFT pull. I don't know much about the shield yet, but I have hardly any FFT synergy.

As for counting bursts, off the top of my head I think I have 4-6. Lets see Terra, Vivi, Kuja, ..

...oh I looked it up, I have way more than I thought. And I haven't done anything more than 100gem pull or 25mythril pulls in 6 months...

I have 9 Bursts individual bursts. 2 are 6star.
1 Overstrike.

9/19 - Healer Lucky Banner
30/105 - BSB Banner (assuming this banner has every BSB in the game, are there any missing?)
??/69 - EnElement Banner

Haven't tallied up the en element banner yet, but I'm guessing it's about 15

Decided to roll one 100gem pull for shits and giggles and got Serahs Meteorblaze bow.

On another note, how are you guys taking pics of your screens?

iOS: Power + Home button
Android: Depends, but mine is hold the Power and Volume Down button together for about half a second.

thanks holding the power and volume button works .

But... where are these photos stored ? cant seem to find them.
On my Pixel I go to Photos > Albums, then there is a section for "Photos on Device" which has screenshots as one of the options. Also, after taking the picture, it pops up a notification that I can tap to go to the image as well. Hope that helps.

friz898

On my Pixel I go to Photos > Albums, then there is a section for "Photos on Device" which has screenshots as one of the options. Also, after taking the picture, it pops up a notification that I can tap to go to the image as well. Hope that helps.

My Shield Tablet broke, and my Nexus 6 already ran FFRK slow (compared to the beast tablet) but with the Nougat update, it's pausing alot and running terrible. In fact, it's got me thinking about an upgrade...

... How do you like your pixel? I'm disappointed they are charging iphone and galaxy prices instead of Nexus prices, but it still looks beastly and stock android.

Honorable mention: OnePlus 3T.

Trying to decide. Gaming is the main purpose. Gaming, web browsing, and texting. I rarely talk on the phone and I rarely stream or youtube any video.

My Shield Tablet broke, and my Nexus 6 already ran FFRK slow (compared to the beast tablet) but with the Nougat update, it's pausing alot and running terrible. In fact, it's got me thinking about an upgrade...

... How do you like your pixel? I'm disappointed they are charging iphone and galaxy prices instead of Nexus prices, but it still looks beastly and stock android.

Honorable mention: OnePlus 3T.

Trying to decide. Gaming is the main purpose. Gaming, web browsing, and texting. I rarely talk on the phone and I rarely stream or youtube any video.

Going from a Nexus 6 to Pixel XL, RK does run a bit better but not by much. It still freezes during animations or even basic attacks. Its not so bad that you cant play it but I never raid on my phone. I have force gpu rendering enabled but it did not change much unfortunately. Unless I am missing something, this game has not performed all that well for me on either of my Android phones.

With that said, I love the Pixel and highly recommend it if you are looking into buying one.

friz898

Going from a Nexus 6 to Pixel XL, RK does run a bit better but not by much. It still freezes during animations or even basic attacks. Its not so bad that you cant play it but I never raid on my phone. I have force gpu rendering enabled but it did not change much unfortunately. Unless I am missing something, this game has not performed all that well for me on either of my Android phones.

With that said, I love the Pixel and highly recommend it if you are looking into buying one.

I am, and it'd be the XL, I love phablets.

Your reply however is perfect. I have the force rendering on my Nexus 6 turned on, and I even turned on "simplified display" on FFRK because of the pausing. My tablet never did that. I'm unsure how it runs on an iOS device, but i'm pretty Android loyal.

It ran so damn smooth on the tablet, that I'd only ever play FFRK on my phone if it was something mindless like a daily and everybody was just on autoattack and I wasn't watching.

With my tablet, you press something like inventory or to load up your 3 rounds for a fight and that transition from pick your RW to the boards was nearly instant.

Again, thank you for the review. It leads me to believe their isn't an Android phone that it runs on without pause/freezing sporadically. My wife saw it and she's no gamer, but she was like "is your phone broke?, why does it do that?"

Top Bottom