• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouryu beaten! Did it with a pick up group, took 2 tries, we wound up beating him without any mistmelts the second time. What a fun fight.

BLM BLM BLM SCH PLD RDM I was the RDM. Whenever he started flying the pld would kite and I would gravity him while running around healing and refreshing and sleeping. Blms helped sleep when mp was low, sch was on dispel and heal and barstonra duty.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Kandinsky said:
No, still 2 updates away from that:lol

That has to be a record of some sort. At this point, they're probably like "Aw fuck, now what? Can we bring back Promathia? People liked that fight. The vampire chick gets eaten by the dude and then the Elvan girl shows up again and the Dancer girl and Prishe fight with you (aka, fight it for you) and we're out."

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Kintaro said:
That has to be a record of some sort. At this point, they're probably like "Aw fuck, now what? Can we bring back Promathia? People liked that fight. The vampire chick gets eaten by the dude and then the Elvan girl shows up again and the Dancer girl and Prishe fight with you (aka, fight it for you) and we're out."

Promathia took about 2 years as well if I remember right. I remember once CS where they first talked about sea and the cut scene just showed a .jpg of it because it hasn't been made for the game yet.'

Edit: Looking at some update history, I can't find when Promathia's finale was released (Or the Zilart/Promathia extra ending). But ti doesn't took like it was 2 years.

jiggle

hot off the press :D well fuck me rdm gets no new spell! wtf, no JA either!

No level cap increase is complete without an accompanying arsenal of new job abilities, traits, and magic spells. Come the June version update, adventurers will find themselves empowered with myriad new ways to smite enemies and support comrades in battle. As the icing on this scrumptious cake of additions, performance-enhancing tweaks are also being whipped up for certain existing job abilities.

The following job abilities will be added:

Restraint (WAR Lv.77 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 5 min.)
Enhances your weapon skill power with each normal attack you land, but prevents you from dealing critical hits.

Perfect Counter (MNK Lv.79 Ability Delay: 1 min. Effect Duration: 30 sec.)
Allows you to counter the next attack directed at you.

Mana Wall (BLM Lv.76 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 5 sec.)
Allows you to take damage with MP.

Despoil (THF Lv.77 Ability delay: 5 min.)
Steals items from an enemy while inflicting a status ailment upon it.

Divine Emblem (PLD Lv.78 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Enhances the accuracy of your next divine magic spell and increases enmity.

Nether Void (DRK Lv.78 Ability Delay: 5 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Increases the absorption of your next dark magic spell.

Double Shot (RNG Lv.79 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 90 sec.)
Occasionally uses two units of ammunition to deal double damage.

Sengikori (SAM Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Grants a bonus to skillchains and magic bursts initiated by your next weapon skill.

Futae (NIN Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Grants a bonus to your next elemental ninjutsu by expending two ninja tools.

Spirit Jump (DRG Lv.77 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
Delivers a short jumping attack on a targeted enemy which suppresses enmity. Effect enhanced when wyvern is present.

Blood Pact: Rage "Holy Mist" (SMN Lv.76)
Deals light elemental damage to an enemy.

Blood Pact: Rage "Lunar Bay" (SMN Lv.78)
Deals darkness damage to an enemy.

Blood Pact: Rage "Night Terror" (SMN Lv.80)
Deals darkness damage to an enemy.

Bolter's Roll (COR Lv.76)
Increases movement speed for party members within area of effect.

Caster's Roll (COR Lv.79)
Enhances "Fast Cast" effect for party members within area of effect.

Tactical Switch (PUP Lv.79 Ability Delay: 3 min.)
Swaps TP of master and automaton.

Presto (DNC Lv.77 Ability Delay: 15 sec. Effect Duration: 30 sec.)
Enhances the effect of your next step and grants you an additional finishing move.

Divine Waltz II (DNC Lv.78 Ability Delay: 20 sec.)
Restores the HP of all party members within a small radius.

Climactic Flourish (DNC Lv.80 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
Allows you to deal critical hits. Requires at least one finishing move.

Libra (SCH Lv.76 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Examines the target's enmity level.
5561_3.jpg

The following adjustments will be made to existing job abilities:

- Beastmasters will be able to invoke the aid of six new creatures via the "Call Beast" ability by using the following items:
Cunning Brain Broth / Lucky Carrot Broth / Deepbed Soil / Wool Grease / Vermihumus / Dancing Herbal Broth
5561_6.jpg

- The level requirement for the samurai ability "Sekkanoki" will be reduced from 60 to 40.
- When dragoons use the "Spirit Link" ability, half of their wyvern's TP will be transferred to them.
- If a corsair's "Double-Up" ability produces a total of XI, the roll's effect duration will be extended by 10 minutes.
- Dancers will be able to perform the ability "Cure Waltz" on non-party members.
- The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter.

Support jobs will be subject to the following ability restrictions:

- The white mage abilities "Afflatus Misery" and "Afflatus Solace" will be unavailable.
- The ranger ability "Shadowbind" will receive a penalty to accuracy.
- The ninja abilities "Innin" and "Yonin" will be unavailable.
- The scholar abilities "Accession" or "Manifestation" will triple rather than double the recast time for associated spells.

The following job traits will be added:

*The jobs column indicates the level at which the trait will first be learned. The degree of mastery will increase in stages thereafter.
Trait Jobs Effect
Crit. Atk. Bonus WAR Lv.78 Improves power of critical hits.
THF Lv.78
DNC Lv.80
Crit. Def. Bonus PLD Lv.79 Improves defense against critical hits.
BRD Lv.80
Tactical Parry NIN Lv.77 Grants bonus TP when parrying an attack.
DNC Lv.77
Tactical Guard MNK Lv.77 Grants bonus TP when guarding against an attack.
PUP Lv.80
Shield Def. Bonus WAR Lv.80 Reduces damage taken when blocking an attack with a shield.
PLD Lv.77
Stout Servant BST Lv.78 Reduces damage taken by pet.
PUP Lv.78
True Shot RNG Lv.78 Grants a damage bonus to ranged attacks performed at an appropriate distance.
Blood Boon SMN Lv.60 Occasionally cuts down MP cost of Blood Pact abilities. Does not affect abilities that require Astral Flow.
Skillchain Bonus SAM Lv.78 Improves skillchain damage.
DNC Lv.45
Fencer WAR Lv.45 Increases rate of critical hits when wielding with the main hand only. Grants a TP bonus to weapon skills.
BST Lv.80
Conserve TP RNG Lv.80 Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills.
DRG Lv.45
DNC Lv.77
Occult Acumen DRK Lv.45 Grants bonus TP when dealing damage with elemental or dark magic.
SCH Lv.78
Mag. Burst Bonus BLM Lv.45 Improves magic burst damage.
NIN Lv.80
SCH Lv.79
Divine Benison WHM Lv.50 Quickens spellcasting for status ailment recovery magic. Grants a bonus to enmity reduction
Resist Amnesia BST Lv.15 Gives you a slight resistance against amnesia.
COR Lv.30
PUP Lv.15

The following magic spells will be added:

- White Magic
Cure VI: WHM Lv.80
Protect V: WHM Lv.76 / RDM Lv. 77 / SCH Lv.80
Shell V: WHM Lv.76
Baramnesia: RDM Lv.78
Baramnesra: WHM Lv.78

- Black Magic
Stone V: BLM Lv.77 / SCH Lv.79 (Addendum: Black)
Water V: BLM Lv.80
Aspir II: DRK Lv.78

- Songs
Foe Requiem VII: BRD Lv.76
Army's Paeon VI: BRD Lv.78
Knight's Minne V: BRD Lv.80

- Ninjutsu
Aisha: Ichi: NIN Lv.78
*Uses the ninja tool "Soshi".

More jobs will be able to learn the following spells:

- White Magic
Shell IV: PLD Lv.80
Phalanx: PLD Lv.77
Regen II: RDM Lv.76

- Black Magic
Stone III: DRK Lv.76
Stone IV: RDM Lv.77
Water III: DRK Lv.80
Water IV: RDM Lv.80

Several new blue magic spells will be added.
5561_23.jpg

Ravidrath

Some really crazy, game-changing shit in there.

- Being able to sub Sekkanoki will do a ton for non-SAM DDs

- Sub-able Conserve TP should make DRG an interesting SJ option for SAM and others

- Mana Wall should let BLMs safely sub SCH

- Dual Wield on DNC should be very interesting, especially for subbing

- PLD getting Phalanx is pretty huge

- It's cool to see them working to bring Skillchains and Magic Bursts back into play

jiggle

oh rdm do get some token shit...
lol WG just became a bitch and moan forum for disgruntled RDMS
glad i can just do it here :p

Ravidrath said:
- Dual Wield on DNC should be very interesting, especially for subbing

wow that totally flew past me
interesting
with sekkanoki, we can actually safely WS now

Shouta

I love the PUP stuff, damage reduction for pet, resist amnesia, TP bonus from guard, and HOLY SHIT, TP CONVERT! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Double Armor Piercers? Fuck yeah! Double Stringing Pummel? Hell yeah!

If I subbed SAM, it'd be even more hilarious. Stringing Pummel -> Tactical Switch -> Sekkanoki -> Stringing Pummel -> Stringing Pummel (if Tac Switch gave 200 TP) -> Meditate -> Stringing Pummel again. :lol

But yeah, DNC got away like a mad-man in this update. I think I may level it now like I was originally planning because I can use /WAR.

Ravidrath

jiggle said:
oh rdm do get some token shit...
lol WG just became a bitch and moan forum for disgruntled RDMS
glad i can just do it here :p

The single biggest thing in this update for RDM is subbing Accession/Manifestation, and that is pretty massively job-changing... at least until they raise the cap again. And when they get new, RDM-exclusive enhancing spells, those will be Ga-able, too.

Refreshga and Hastega will save RDMs so much time and MP it's ridiculous. Enspellga IIs will help BLMs a TON with resists, not to mention boost melee damage.

Honestly, if anyone should be upset this update, it's SCHs. I'm really not sure how "examining enmity level" will be useful, and RDM/SCH just stole all their awesome shit and tripled it.

Shouta said:
I love the PUP stuff, damage reduction for pet, resist amnesia, TP bonus from guard, and HOLY SHIT, TP CONVERT! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Double Armor Piercers? Fuck yeah! Double Stringing Pummel? Hell yeah!

If I subbed SAM, it'd be even more hilarious. Stringing Pummel -> Tactical Switch -> Sekkanoki -> Stringing Pummel -> Stringing Pummel (if Tac Switch gave 200 TP) -> Meditate -> Stringing Pummel again. :lol

But yeah, DNC got away like a mad-man in this update. I think I may level it now like I was originally planning because I can use /WAR.

Yeah, uh... PUP seems to have just become an awesome DD? That's practically like having Meditate.

It seems like it'd be hard to actually rely on double Stringing Pummels, since you don't have much control over Automaton WS usage? But I don't think you'd want that anyway over pretty much any of the double Automaton WSes?

jiggle

Ravidrath said:
The single biggest thing in this update for RDM is subbing Accession/Manifestation, and that is pretty massively job-changing... at least until they raise the cap again. And when they get new, RDM-exclusive enhancing spells, those will be Ga-able, too.

Refreshga and Hastega will save RDMs so much time and MP it's ridiculous. Enspellga IIs will help BLMs a TON with resists, not to mention boost melee damage.

Honestly, if anyone should be upset this update, it's SCHs. I'm really not sure how "examining enmity level" will be useful, and RDM/SCH just stole all their awesome shit and tripled it.

oh i'm definitely excited about all the possiblities through subjobs
stona with /whm(and haste when playing other jobs), warp2 with /blm, and accession with /sch
*drool*

just shocking we don't get some obvious upgrades like Cure V and maybe RaiseII
CureIII barely enough at 75, gonna have to spam IV
and i can just imagine all the enmity from that @.@

i do wonder if haste and refresh will work with accession
sounds too good to be true if u ask me :O

Ravidrath

jiggle said:
i do wonder if haste and refresh will work with accession
sounds too good to be true if u ask me :O

These aren't really overpowered or anything - just saves you time and MP for you to spend on other things. This really just greatly enhances the Enhancing role of RDM, I think.

No Cure V is a little surprising, but with Stoneskinga and Phalanxga, hopefully you'll have enough easy damage oblation that it won't be necessary for now. Hate may still be an issue, though, because any AoE spell generates a lot of hate.

Manifestation is promising, too, BTW. I was always intrigued by the possibilities of Graviga and Bindga, but SCH's lower Enfeebling skill/gear prevented it from taking off, I think. With RDM, however, this should save a lot of BLM lives.

jiggle

well i hope u're right
would be nice to have those 2 buffgas

manifestation sounds really useful for endgame players for sure

Shouta

Ravidrath said:
Yeah, uh... PUP seems to have just become an awesome DD? That's practically like having Meditate.

It seems like it'd be hard to actually rely on double Stringing Pummels, since you don't have much control over Automaton WS usage? But I don't think you'd want that anyway over pretty much any of the double Automaton WSes?

Armor Piercer does as much as Stringing Pummel with the advantage of not being multi-hit. It's also a piercing WS and does more damage against Flying mobs AND ignores defense to a large degree.

Either way, 2x Stringing or 2x Armor piercer (or 2x Cannibal Blade to heal Autos) will be great.

You can prevent your auto from using WS with an Inhibitor. It'll stop doing WS until one is activated if your TP is over 90. It'll then choose the most appropriate WS to skillchain.

If you WS -> Tactical Switch as soon as your WS goes off, you should be able to squeeze it in before your auto does their WS, if 2x Stringing is what you want. 2x AP would be simple.

Xux

Damn, if I ever come back to this game, I'll probably be a Dancer. Always loved the stuff they could do and how they did it. New stuff sounds pretty cool.

jiggle

Xux said:
Damn, if I ever come back to this game, I'll probably be a Dancer. Always loved the stuff they could do and how they did it. New stuff sounds pretty cool.

it's a very fun job to play as
this just makes it even better

just too bad they never found a role for it in endgame (maybe that's changed iono)

Kandinsky

I so called that Pro and Shell V, glad i didnt spend merits on them:lol... hmm on a second thought they might still be meritable and we just get the base spell from a scroll hmm

Edit: lol at pld getting phalanx, lmao at nin.

Edit2: No Neptune's staves up D:

Rawk Hawk

jiggle said:
Libra (SCH Lv.76 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Examines the target's enmity level.

So, /assist? Or is it going to be numberical value, so we can know if the next WS/spell will pull hate? Interesting I suppose, didn't expect this is examine enmity.

Rawk Hawk

Kandinsky said:
I so called that Pro and Shell V, glad i didnt spend merits on them:lol... hmm on a second thought they might still be meritable and we just get the base spell from a scroll hmm

Edit: lol at pld getting phalanx, lmao at nin.

Edit2: No Neptune's staves up D:

Might have to merit them to get Protectra/Shellra V though, I would assume Pro and Shell V are like having 1 merit in the groups, possibly increasing effect with more merits. Or changing merit group to just be "Protect efficiency" and "Shell efficiency" just giving general boosts to any protect/shell casted.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've been battling some nasty computer viruses last couple weeks, think it's under control now, so I'll be signing back in at some point. :lol

Tabris

Kintaro said:
Why do MNKs and NINs exist in this game anymore? :lol

MNK just got 100% utsu:ichi which will make them even better tanks. MNK's actually got the best new ability unless perfect does not mean perfect.

Your utsu:ichi macro just starts with perfect counter, since when do you need to cast ichi more than once every minute?

Also as a side note to all the job comments, remember the skill gap if going based on current progression will be extremely significant between A+ and B or B+ and C by level 99. At level 99 we probabaly won't see any SAM Polearm wielders and Kraken zergs will be much harder.

Hey guys..

Galadrian here.. (if anyone remembers)..

I suppose it's time to admit that I've lost interest in the game again.. so I just cancelled my content ids.

I've got too many other things to play right now that interest me more, and as I see more about FF XIV, I get more anxious to play that game.

Thanks for all of the fun over the last several months.. I never thought I could get back into FF XI, but it was a blast.

Hopefully at least some of you are planning on playing FF XIV :D

Robobandit said:
Hey guys..

Galadrian here.. (if anyone remembers)..

I suppose it's time to admit that I've lost interest in the game again.. so I just cancelled my content ids.

I've got too many other things to play right now that interest me more, and as I see more about FF XIV, I get more anxious to play that game.

Thanks for all of the fun over the last several months.. I never thought I could get back into FF XI, but it was a blast.

Hopefully at least some of you are planning on playing FF XIV :D

At least you said something lol. Most people just silently bail.

pancakesandsex said:
At least you said something lol. Most people just silently bail.

Didn't want to be that dude, you guys are an awesome bunch and FF XI is a great game, but I'm sure we all get the MMORPG burnout at some point..

I think WoW broke me in terms of continuing to play games when I wasn't totally into it.

I'm paid through the 30th, so I'll probably pop in at least once before then and make sure I don't owe anyone any money :lol

BlueWord

I just reinstalled this after years of not playing, I think the last time I played was in '05 or '06. Any suggestions for how to get back in? The FFXIV hype is getting to me, a little, and I sort of want to see this world again before moving on.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The rumor about there being no limit break quest better be correct. If SE has some stupid fetch item quest that has 80% of every server trying to farm, it's going to suck

Ravidrath

DrForester said:
The rumor about there being no limit break quest better be correct. If SE has some stupid fetch item quest that has 80% of every server trying to farm, it's going to suck

I believe they said at VanaFest there wouldn't be a limit break quest, but they're such sticklers for "story" to justify their gameplay.

Maybe you just gotta talk to Maat, and he's like "Eh, I'll let you have the next 4 free."

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ravidrath said:
I believe they said at VanaFest there wouldn't be a limit break quest, but they're such sticklers for "story" to justify their gameplay.

Maybe you just gotta talk to Maat, and he's like "Eh, I'll let you have the next 4 free."

I hope not, because I'm parking my SMN at the top of Ulegard Range tonight

SamuraiX-

BlueWord said:
I just reinstalled this after years of not playing, I think the last time I played was in '05 or '06. Any suggestions for how to get back in? The FFXIV hype is getting to me, a little, and I sort of want to see this world again before moving on.

Delete everything you already have and uninstall the game. NOW! Get out while you still can! :lol

The whole new update they just came out with sounds awesome, but I can imagine getting from Level 75-80 would take a week or two with dedicated parties. Loved every minute I invested in this game back in the day, but damn do you ever need patience and resilience to enjoy it. :(

I'd like to organize a late night post patch leveling party. I want as many people in the LS as possible to cap tonight, then we can all get in an alliance and ding at the same time, screenshot it, and post it for fun. More the merrier!

Stop by the steam chatroom if you want to get in on things, since we can chat there while the servers are down.

Tabris

SamuraiX- said:
Delete everything you already have and uninstall the game. NOW! Get out while you still can! :lol

The whole new update they just came out with sounds awesome, but I can imagine getting from Level 75-80 would take a week or two with dedicated parties. Loved every minute I invested in this game back in the day, but damn do you ever need patience and resilience to enjoy it. :(

I disagree, it's much easier now to both XP and do things faster.

I took 4 jobs from level 37 to 40 in a single day with East Ronfaure (S) and XP Rings. Level sync allows you to level so much easier.

I can guarantee you someone will be level 80 within the first 24 hours. (Unless there's a G6 quest)

jiggle

SamuraiX- said:
but I can imagine getting from Level 75-80 would take a week or two with dedicated parties.

not if u have Allied ring, Kupofried ring, Anniversary ring, and Emperor band lined up XD

Ravidrath

I'm not as excited to level up as you guys, I think. :p

I'm more interested in seeing what they do with new camps and if we can exp. in Walk of Echoes and/or Abyssea. I believe they said exp'ing in Abyssea was possible at VanaFest, right?

Would basically much rather level as a byproduct of enjoying new content than grinding out even more fucking Colibris, basically. :p

Teknoman

Ravidrath said:
I'm not as excited to level up as you guys, I think. :p

I'm more interested in seeing what they do with new camps and if we can exp. in Walk of Echoes and/or Abyssea. I believe they said exp'ing in Abyssea was possible at VanaFest, right?

Would basically much rather level as a byproduct of enjoying new content than grinding out even more fucking Colibris, basically. :p

This. Also how late Pan? Because I know alot of people are going to want to get the jump on 76 fast :lol

And im itching to explore Abyssea, especially since its the first mini expansion thats focused on exploration and battles...not delivering/finding items.

Ravidrath

Teknoman said:
This. Also how late Pan? Because I know alot of people are going to want to get the jump on 76 fast :lol

And im itching to explore Abyssea, especially since its the first mini expansion thats focused on exploration and battles...not delivering/finding items.

I'm not sure Abyssea is "focused on exploration" - my impression is that it's a 6-man Nyzul/Dynamis hybrid with Exp.

jiggle said:
i heard MMM is the latest hotspot
didn't get to try it out yet though
but i ran by and saw a ton of ppl lined up :eek:

MMM is great exp., but they're adding that new NM system and are hyping it as having good gear. That means people will likely want to save up C.C. for it, which means not using it for exp.? But maybe they won't bother with it until they're 80. :p

There is a limit break quest, so we can probably all do it together. Update is up now, I'm thinking we can start whenever the servers go back up.

jiggle

wow i was having trouble connecting into POL
and now
can't even download the patch

last time this happen was like how many years ago? XD

Ravidrath said:
MMM is great exp., but they're adding that new NM system and are hyping it as having good gear. That means people will likely want to save up C.C. for it, which means not using it for exp.? But maybe they won't bother with it until they're 80. :p

guess i REALLY need to start doing MMM

wow the walk of echoes thing sounds like dynamis/limbus but opened for everyone
great feature for everyone to be on equal footing with HNMLS
good job SE!

nooooo, another genkai
bad job ><

Teknoman

Whoa they removed the caps on the battlefields too?

EDIT: All Empryean weapons are lvl 80.

Also...

The job level cap has been increased to 80.
To increase character job levels to 76 and beyond, players must complete the new limit break quest "New Worlds Await" offered by the Nomad Moogle stationed at the Ru'Lude Gardens.

:lol

jiggle

fuuuuuuuck

new limit break requires 3 merit points and a few kindred seals

i just used my merits last night ><

Owleyes
Club
DMG:22 Delay:217 Damage taken +10%
Adds "Refresh" effect
Lv80 WHM, BLM, SMN, SCH

rdm got screwed :/

Savant's Treatise