• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
pancakesandsex said:
More tanks and healers imo.

Jae may want to come back. If she does, I will and level up PLD (while using WAR for shit in the mean time). She will have to buy me another copy of the game though. I snapped my discs. :lol

Kintaro said:
Jae may want to come back. If she does, I will and level up PLD (while using WAR for shit in the mean time). She will have to buy me another copy of the game though. I snapped my discs. :lol

That's a pretty over the top way to stop playing, lol. If you're looking to just reactivate and you need an installer, and you want the mini expansions, it's super cheap on steam, you can't snap your steam account in half though if you ever decide to quit again though. Ymmv :p

Hrm, think I'll just focus on PLD for now. I'm pretty fucking gimped as it is so I'll keep working on the shit I need to get done for it for now. Need more subs leveled and some decent fucking gear. :lol My setup is so bad right now.

Whm foreever!! love healing the psycho dd's for some reason :/ i think being put into the 4 or 5 sam party in dynamis warped me or the suicide curebomb me drks lol..and the 8 man jorm attacks...so much stress :lol

Ravidrath

Did 90 minutes of Abyssea Konschtat with my LS last night, and had a lot of fun.

We mostly farmed cruor and activated teleports, but managed to kill a leech NM that dropped a nice earring.

Come to Sylph!

Yeah, Abyssea is pretty fun...makes me think of Diablo.

I've been thinking about WHM since it is already 41. Are subs still pretty situational or is everyone fulltiming /RDM now because of Convert?

HAttyboy

Hey! I did buy Final fantasy XI Ultimate Collection today, and I need some beginner help like what classes its fun playing and is noob friendly, how do you level these days in FF XI etc etc.

Pai Pai Master said:
Come to Sylph!

Yeah, Abyssea is pretty fun...makes me think of Diablo.

I've been thinking about WHM since it is already 41. Are subs still pretty situational or is everyone fulltiming /RDM now because of Convert?

/sch is probably better for avoiding resting before 80.

Teknoman

Finally Firmament sword recipe:

Firmament
(Sword) All Races
DMG:44 DLY:233
STR+3 VIT+3
Lv.77 WAR/RDM/PLD/DRK/BLU/COR

Guild Level: Craftsman

Exceptional Results can be: Firmament +1
* Synergy (--)
Bonecraft (--)
Yield: 1
o Coral Fragment x1
o Flocon-de-mer x3
o Katzbalger x1

So after I get my Synergy crucible, and a katzbalger, i'd appreciate the help.

HAttyboy

So i am lvl 9 (RDM) right now and wondering what i shall do now or shall i keep solo the mobs in the first zone? And what is the name of the exp ring?

HAttyboy said:
So i am lvl 9 (RDM) right now and wondering what i shall do now or shall i keep solo the mobs in the first zone? And what is the name of the exp ring?

You can pick up the Empress Band or Emperor Band from a Conquest guard at the gate of any town.

Level 9 is pretty good progress to start, and most people start joining parties around level 11-12. You'll want to attempt to make your way over to the Valkurm Dunes and join a party there.

What server are you on?

And I see no one's responded to your previous question yet. Are you liking RDM so far? It's sort of a "jack-of-all-trades" job so it's very flexible and fun later on, and always very high in demand. Depending on what you want to focus on specifically, such as tanking, dealing physical damage, healing, supporting, or dealing magic damage, there's options for everything under the sun.

jiggle

HAttyboy said:
So i am lvl 9 (RDM) right now and wondering what i shall do now or shall i keep solo the mobs in the first zone?

you can still solo in the first zone
imo
it's better to chain/kill easy mobs (with low xp) than to try for harder ones in the next zone (with high xp)
you kill more and don't have to rest as often

don't forget to always do Fields of Valor
gives you extra xp
and other benefits
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fields_of_Valor

Edeuinu

My friend and I re-signed up (Bahamut). 75 RDM & SAM he's 50 DRK. There's still a pretty large number of people active in the LS I used to be in, and one real life friend that plays on Baha too, how active are GAF (member wise on avg), would think about switching servers.

Ravidrath

HAttyboy said:
Okay, Thanks and now to the noob question how do i chain kill? ^^

You can only chain enemies if they check Even Match or higher... don't worry about this for soloing.

BTW, when you get to level 11, go to Bastok and try to get a SMN burn party. :p

Edeuinu said:
My friend and I re-signed up (Bahamut). 75 RDM & SAM he's 50 DRK. There's still a pretty large number of people active in the LS I used to be in, and one real life friend that plays on Baha too, how active are GAF (member wise on avg), would think about switching servers.

Pretty active. Especially in the 6pm-4am est range.

jiggle

HAttyboy said:
Okay, Thanks and now to the noob question how do i chain kill? ^^

i just meant a chain of fast kills
one after the other, with no down time for resting

so instead of risking your life fighting a harder mob for 3 minutes that gets u 100xp
and then rest for 2 minutes to get your HP/MP back up
in the course of that 5 minutes
you can fight fight 5 easy mobs for 35-50xp each
giving you a higher xp yield without the risk of death

this is different from the real experience chain you'll encounter once you start partying with other ppl, which targets very hard mobs
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Experience_Chain

HAttyboy said:
One more question, when can i begin to fix the advanced jobs?

You need level 30, and then you can go on a quest to unlock them. If you check the wiki (just look on the job description page) you can learn how to flag the quest for whatever you are looking for. Some require access to expansion areas, etc. Shouldn't be too hard to find help in doing them from anyone who isn't busy when you ask.

Speaking of which, someone was looking for help killing Samurai NMs the other day, anyone remember if he got them done?

HAttyboy said:
Ok. Nah i was more think about go Corsair, Dancer, Dragoon or Samurai.

Dragoon or Samurai will be the easiest to unlock, quests will be available as soon as you hit 30 and have the prerequisite quests (if any) done. Corsair requires access to Aht Urgan, Dancer requires access to the past.

Rawk Hawk

HAttyboy said:
Ok, i have Aht Urgan but you need maybe be a higher level? And how to get to the past?:D

Past is the Wings of the Goddess expansion. As for pearls, we can try to get something to you this evening if you are on. I'm at work now, but when I get home I plan on popping and NM real fast (real fast, hahahahahaha) then I can get you a pearl if no one has at that point. /tell Rawkhawk in game. (FYI I'm on now, but not home)

Same requirements of lv30, but you have to get to the areas is all. Samurai and Dragoon are quests from areas you will likely know by Lv30, Dancer and Corsair are places you will likely not have been and have to do some sort of quest to get too. Just an extra step is all. Although you'll want access to those areas anyway, at some point.

jiggle

HAttyboy said:
Ok. Nah i was more think about go Corsair, Dancer, Dragoon or Samurai.

you should not be leveling red mage if those are the jobs you planning to play
warrior will save you the most time

Mailman 007

Neo Member
Edeuinu said:

GAF Ls is pretty active, we do dyna and limbus, and we have been doing abyssea together. Occasionally we do sky and limbus but not very often.

jiggle

HAttyboy said:
Ok :/ Thought RDM Was kinda a pretty decent sub for those? But now is not a turning back! did reach level 11 now :D

the most common subjob used by melee jobs is ninja (hell practically every job in this game will eventually find use for ninja sub for something)
ninja subjob requires warrior subjob
so leveling warrior now gives you a head start on it

warrior is also used as a subjob very often

it's not too late to turn back, you're only level 11
getting it to level 30(to unlock advance job) would require 10x more time than what you already invested (or even longer)

Rawk Hawk

Mailman 007 said:
GAF Ls is pretty active, we do dyna and limbus, and we have been doing abyssea together. Occasionally we do sky and limbus but not very often.

To clarify, he meant sky and sea. We do normally do Limbus twice a week.

ffxi_2010.06.30_04.04.03.bmp

Fabulouth! But not fabulouth enough. I require 8k more cruor to be completely fabulouth.

jiggle said:
:lol
i find it completely shocking that they didn't stick us mages with that

It's actually quite a dashing shade of pink. I'm quite fond of it really.

IT'S NOT PINK IT'S SALMON

img_20100630_043337.bmp

I'm ready for my rodeo clown interview. I have a good feeling. I think I'm gonna get the job guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom