• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dat Mining reveals level quest.

From FFXI WIki

Trade the Nomad Moogle 5 Kindred's Seals while having 3 stored Merit Points.

Man the spam around that moogle is going to suck. Can't believe SE was that stupid. Should at least throw nomad moogles in all cities to cut down on the lag that's going to happen. Ru Lude's going to crash tonight.

jiggle

DrForester said:
Dat Mining reveals level quest.

From FFXI WIki

Man the spam around that moogle is going to suck. Can't believe SE was that stupid. Should at least throw nomad moogles in all cities to cut down on the lag that's going to happen. Ru Lude's going to crash tonight.

are there really that many ppl that have 3 merits to spare though?

maybe it's just me but i always spend mine asap :X

Teknoman

I've gained about 3 so far...but spent each one.

On the bright side, maybe we'll be able to knock out stuff easy in Promathia areas now?

S-E's master plan?

New Blu:

Firmament
Sword
DMG:44 Delay:233 STR+3 VIT+3
Lv77 WAR RDM PLD DRK BLU COR

Acrid Stream: Deals water damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area originating from the caster. Additional effect: Lowers target's magic defense.

Blazing Bound: Deals fire damage to an enemy.

Plenilune Embrace: Restores target party member's HP and enhances attack and magic attack..

Demoralizing Roar: Weakens the attack of enemies within range.

Cimicine Discharge: Reduces the attack speed of enemies within range.

Animating Wail: Increases attack speed.

Battery Charge: Gradually restores MP.

Leafstorm: Deals wind damage to enemies within area of effect.

Regeneration: Gradually restores HP.

6s9qa8.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What SE really needs to do it implement the level cap quests before the levels can actually be earned. Give people a month to get it done, at their leisure, and then have the reward then

Ravidrath

Teknoman said:
Is there still no other way to update FFXI besides the in game updater?

I got this from BG.

http://www.sholin.net/patch_20100621-hezzel.rar

That is a diff of all the files changed by the update. Unzip that into your FFXI directory and overwrite, and you're good.

When you run the game, it'll do a file check and then maybe DL around 12 files or so. I did mine, and it didn't take long... maybe 15 minutes?

Use at your own risk, of course, but I'm pretty sure a BG person wouldn't want to lose their account by fucking up everyone's game, regardless of the fact that forum is chock-full of the biggest assholes I've ever seen on the internet.

Teknoman

Well if anything, it'll give people a chance to exping in revamped areas against new monsters.

Hope a decent amount of people have access to Abyssea.

Teknoman

Apparently Abyssea has both missions and quests. There are people who live there too, so its not just a standard fare battle area. I wonder if they'll leave the areas without music...since they just happened to pick the areas with just environment noise.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Teknoman said:
Well if anything, it'll give people a chance to exping in revamped areas against new monsters.

Hope a decent amount of people have access to Abyssea.

The mission you have to be up to in Wings of the Goddess is right at the beginning and requires only a few quests, and one mob that pretty much any 75 can solo.

hteng

Banned
man i trade all my kindred seals to the stupid merchants, fuck this shit, i dont have merits either :lol

gonna lfg on rdm soon

vivin

Well, any hope of me hitting the cap before the release of FFXIV is all but gone :lol . It's hard to get back into FFXI when I know FFXIV is right around the corner. I assume we will sort out some sort of neogaf server/ls for FFXIV right?

Teknoman

http://www.ffxiah.com/?new_items

vivin said:
Well, any hope of me hitting the cap before the release of FFXIV is all but gone :lol . It's hard to get back into FFXI when I know FFXIV is right around the corner. I assume we will sort out some sort of neogaf server/ls for FFXIV right?

Yup. Not exclusive though, just to make sure we still have enough people after the initial few quit :lol

Shouta

DrForester said:
The mission you have to be up to in Wings of the Goddess is right at the beginning and requires only a few quests, and one mob that pretty much any 75 can solo.

Huh? I think you don't need to have progresed in WotG to access Abyssea. Unless you're tlaking about Walk of Echoes.

hteng

Banned
holy shit

Tokon Hachimaki
[Head] All Races
DEF:12 +10 Accuracy+12 Hand-to-Hand skill +5 "Conserve TP"+5
LV 78 All Jobs

that's mother fucking +17 acc and +5 damage there, holy shit holy shit fuck you!!!!

Jougi+1

[Body] All Races
DEF:53 Accuracy+16 Critical hit rate +4% "Double Attack"+5%
LV 80 MNK SAM NIN PUP

@_o

edit:

ok, just looked through the whole list, all those items are godly

Ravidrath

Playing around a bit...

Abyssea
Abyssea is weird, and they kind of fuck you over when you start it! You need Traverser Stones to stay in the other dimension, which is another lost Vana'diel timeline. The NPC produces one stone for you every 20 hours, and you can hold up to three. You can use all three in one go, for a total of 90 minutes in there.

It's basically a big open zone, packed with new stuff. There are 10 quests per area, and you can collect 10 "atma" for some purpose by killing monsters in certain ways, it seems.

Every mob you kill gives exp. and cruor, which can be exchanged for a bunch of stuff. Perle, Aurore and Teal armor sets are purchased with cruor. There are also key items that give you additional effects in Abyssea, such as more time - getting that should probably be everyone's first priority.

It looks like at least one BLU spell come from Abyssea, if not more... Clionids are the weakest enemies there, and use Acrid Stream.

Empyrean Weapons
Empyrean Weapons are probably pretty easy to get - they are simply a fancy name for the final stage of the High DMG track for each weapon type. The thing that makes them "Empyrean" is that the trials to complete them seem to require Abyssea stuff.

Walk of Echoes
Absolute madness right now, as one might expect from a free-for-all Einherjar-like thing.

You can only enter a battlefield once per game-day, and it costs 1000 gil at the Veridical Conflux in Xarcabard (S).

It seems I always head back once something bigtime comes up. Such as the new update. Putting in time with FFXI with games from 360/ps3 systems sucks lol. Lucky I did that war to lev 49. Now i need to get my nin up I guess before the end of the year. Wth at 3 merits lol. Back to the grinding of campaign!

The crap part is I have 0 $ for the new pack :/

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
For all the frustrating moments and videos on youtube on how to beat the promyvions. All the unique Meds you needed to slow down the bosses...

All the aggro dodging on the way down before the nerf and the frustration you bought us when that P-U-G n00b aggroed the IT weeper on Floor 3.

All the whining about the 2-5 Mammet fight being too hard because all the RDM's had never heard the word kiting.

The Diabolos Fight and his Lets all hold stun weapons and bring DRK's to hold off Nightmare style of fighting. Then the Nerf (ToAU) that added BLU and made the fight a breeze.

4-2 the do you have a few BLM friends fight. Where a small amount of damage and 2~3 freeze's later and you snagged yourself a victory.

The 4-3 Sacrarium Coarse fight and Fight against that dumb ass teleporting ghost. And all the hours wasted on those damn Swift belts >_<

5-2 Promyvion - Vhazl, having to beat the 3 floor bosses over and over because everyone you found to help had yet to actually fight the bosses, then the fight against the 3 regular bosses that ended in a wipe just before the last one where you'd RR and finish off the win.

The dreaded 5-3 that moved us between caps 50~60 with 6 fights in separate areas that ruined so many statics.

and at last and the most epic of any fight in the game to come yet... CoP 6-4 Airship Battle. Those who haven't beaten this yet will never truely know what an accomplishment it was. Fighting tooth and nail against both the enemies and the clock to try to win on time. Saving your CCB's as long as possible on Omega and then trying to blast though Ultima. Watching the intro CS ahead of time so as to not count against you on the final timer...

Goodbye CoP, For those of us who have seen what you had to offer and scaled the verticle wall you led us through many challenges.

Goodbye Forever... we will miss you.

:lol

I agreed with this quote, I was darn proud of myself that I completed CoP. (Now I am even more proud of myself because I finished CoP before any of small or big nerfs.)

How do you veterans feel?

Teknoman

Im happy I can actually look around the CoP zones without having to worry about sneak/invis 24/7. Also that i'll finally spend more than a few seconds checking out some of the monsters the area had to offer (exp time).

Teknoman

Abyssea is awesome. First video is being uploaded.

Alot of the ideas seen in XIV are popping up here, including the use of Aetheryte style teleports, and the area seems to have dynamic difficulty. The better you do, the more challenging it is.

Probably should brainstorm on easily accessible yet high level areas to exp.

Rawk Hawk

Ravidrath said:
Empyrean Weapons
Empyrean Weapons are probably pretty easy to get - they are simply a fancy name for the final stage of the High DMG track for each weapon type. The thing that makes them "Empyrean" is that the trials to complete them seem to require Abyssea stuff.

Do you mean final as in latest stage, or final as in final stage... Cause if so, these are the end of the road? Was hoping for further trials on them, Masamune looks nice now, but likely GKT's from 81-99 that will beat it.

anyone want to join me getting your shit together for MMM? I've had it started for a while and I need to start runs to gather marbles and the proper runes for exp mazes.

hgplayer1

Pai Pai Master said:
anyone want to join me getting your shit together for MMM? I've had it started for a while and I need to start runs to gather marbles and the proper runes for exp mazes.

You can count me in.

Pai Pai Master said:

I'm in. Once I cap THF again I'll be back to leveling RDM as well, so that should make it easier to get people to come.

hgplayer1

onemic said:
I would love to play this game with the rest of GAF if it wasn't plagued with the worst MMO controls known to man.

So what youre saying is youve tried it and just could not figure out the controls or just dont care to learn them or what?

either way, wow.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Said it before, but I need to put more time in. What would I need to do to get into this Abyssea stuff?

Lonestar said:
Said it before, but I need to put more time in. What would I need to do to get into this Abyssea stuff?

Be on Mission 3 in Wings of the Goddess and complete an easy Port Jeuno quest (just requires a few minutes of travel).

hgplayer1

Pai Pai Master said:
What do we need more of in the LS? I've been thinking about what I want to level next.

Ive actually asked this question in LS chat on several occassions and pretty much got no answer so I dont bother.

Ive always kind of wanted to PLD it up though or BLM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom