• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgplayer1

maze.jpg

this seems to be a good maze for exp.

joined a random group and got 6k+ from the maze using emporer band.

fought bats and colibri and while one person died early on it was because we were disorganized.

only problem right now is we only managed to do one run as 2 people dropped immediately after.

demigod

Now that we're going to lose the 2 northlands and castles, I'll be able to help on Missions. Such badluck on ShadowLord Fiat Lux bcnm. 1 body and 1 helm this week. I believe only 3 PT may enter at once, this is a huge design flaw. SE needs to put up more servers to instance the zones. We had dbag NA players cutting the lines and going in while everyone was courteous enough to wait. What's funny is, I saw 2 of those groups wiping with a full pt :lol .

Just to show you how rediculous the line was, here are 2 pictures. The red circle in front of Mondayn is where the start of the line was, so about 3-4 others ahead of her.

http://i49.tinypic.com/51vl6r.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/akbpxj.jpg

Also, last day for mog bonanza!!!

Teknoman

demigod said:
Now that we're going to lose the 2 northlands and castles, I'll be able to help on Missions. Such badluck on ShadowLord Fiat Lux bcnm. 1 body and 1 helm this week. I believe only 3 PT may enter at once, this is a huge design flaw. SE needs to put up more servers to instance the zones. We had dbag NA players cutting the lines and going in while everyone was courteous enough to wait. What's funny is, I saw 2 of those groups wiping with a full pt :lol .

Just to show you how rediculous the line was, here are 2 pictures. The red circle in front of Mondayn is where the start of the line was, so about 3-4 others ahead of her.

http://i49.tinypic.com/51vl6r.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/akbpxj.jpg

Also, last day for mog bonanza!!!

So it really was just like a theme park ride, cutters and all :lol

Ravidrath

hgplayer1 said:
so what exactly makes up a good MMM for exp?

there are so many variables for creating the actual mazes its hard to say "do MMM for exp" and know exactly what that means.

is there a standard tabula and runes for getting good exp or are there a couple different ones that work well?

the GAF LS has done its share of MMM in the past but I cant say we got any kind of extraordinary EXP from it though it was pretty fun. :D

The example posted before is incomplete - it's missing two runes, I think?

Here's the one I use...

2w6xcwm.jpg

This setup gives 5-6k from the chest without using a ring, and around 8k if you do. One top of that, you'll get 1.5-2k in exp. from the mobs on the way there.

The best way to get this is...

1. Talk to Duplidoc in the Lower Jeuno Goblin Shop
2. Copiable Mazes -> Sanitization Team Alpha
3. Look through the list and find the most popular one, which will have the highest number after it

Get that Tabula copy for everyone and you're set. They have 5 uses each, so just throw it in your satchel and go.

One tip: Don't use your ring until you know your party knows what it's doing.

The way the thing works is that every mob gives 200+ exp., but the chest sucks up 75% of it and multiplies it. So, if you use your ring and fail, basically you'll have wasted a ring charge.

demigod

hgplayer1 said:
maze.jpg

this seems to be a good maze for exp.

joined a random group and got 6k+ from the maze using emporer band.

fought bats and colibri and while one person died early on it was because we were disorganized.

only problem right now is we only managed to do one run as 2 people dropped immediately after.

I'm glad you brought this up. We were clueless months ago and thought we had to get marbles to *make* our own vouchers for the good exp runs. Our pt consisted of rdm,rdm,brd,cor,dnc,drg. We lacked damage but we did manage to beat it and have about a few minutes left. 5-6k every run is pretty damn good. I want to do some of the NM runs so i'll be doing MMM more often now.

What's the difference between Hg's and Ravidrath's Voucher?

Ravidrath

demigod said:
I'm glad you brought this up. We were clueless months ago and thought we had to get marbles to *make* our own vouchers for the good exp runs. Our pt consisted of rdm,rdm,brd,cor,dnc,drg. We lacked damage but we did manage to beat it and have about a few minutes left. 5-6k every run is pretty damn good. I want to do some of the NM runs so i'll be doing MMM more often now.

Main difference is Trial By Velocity, which gives you an exp. bonus/multiplier the faster you kill them.

The other one is Stillness. What it does is largely unknown, but they may have just put it in there to try and boost exp.

demigod said:

I don't think copyable mazes were not available when we were first doing it, I think they added it in the second or third MMM update. Either way, someone had to figure out the xp maze and put it up for copying before we could use it.

Teknoman

FFXI-Zeid.jpg

An adventurer has been attacked while on an investigation to Xarcabard -- and the attacker is said to be none other than the Dark Knight, Zeid! Report to the President's Office for a briefing on the situation at hand.

Head to the Throne Room in Castle Zvahl Keep and enter the battlefield for Where Two Paths Converge.

Tonight.

hgplayer1

pancakesandsex said:
I don't think copyable mazes were not available when we were first doing it, I think they added it in the second or third MMM update. Either way, someone had to figure out the xp maze and put it up for copying before we could use it.

I think theyve been there for a while. I know when we were experimenting way back when you got us all hooked on it I bought a maze but it was shit.

I dont think I quite knew what to search for at the time and the only way I found the one I did was because that guy that was leading the party showed me which one to get.

I was a little disappointed the other night to see you guys had done a run and nobody even asked me if I wanted to go.

{/breakls}

hgplayer1 said:
I think theyve been there for a while. I know when we were experimenting way back when you got us all hooked on it I bought a maze but it was shit.

I dont think I quite knew what to search for at the time and the only way I found the one I did was because that guy that was leading the party showed me which one to get.

I was a little disappointed the other night to see you guys had done a run and nobody even asked me if I wanted to go.

{/breakls}

Aww I think we were already full :/ Idle in steam chat more!

hgplayer1 said:

{/breakls}

MMMing right now, come get a run in on the copymaze! You can rep me if no one else wants to.

Ravidrath

Question...

Tomorrow is the pre-update.

Anyone remember the last time we had a two-part update like this? Was all the juicy item stat info, etc. in the first part, or did we still have to wait for the actual update to start mining that stuff?

Kandinsky

Ravidrath said:
Question...

Tomorrow is the pre-update.

Anyone remember the last time we had a two-part update like this? Was all the juicy item stat info, etc. in the first part, or did we still have to wait for the actual update to start mining that stuff?
First part gave us lots of juicy item/stat/info. So i expect some for tomorrow :D

Ravidrath

Kandinsky said:
First part gave us lots of juicy item/stat/info. So i expect some for tomorrow :D

Apparently it's already up and being mined!

From my Linkshell's forums...

Dats are slowly coming in. Some new (reskined) mobs and armor. Tummie has confirmed a new Waltz Tier and Libra JA, 8 new BLU Spells (only confirming Plenilune Embrace(moon-phase healing) and Animating Wail(hastega)), Tonko San, and 2 WHM spells.

This link has some equipment/mobs, and guess what.. MOAR SUBLIGARS!!

http://wilddragonchase.blogspot.com/2010/06/ffxi-june-2010-data-mine-for-graphics.html

Here's Tummies direct link too:
http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj249/Tummie_Garuda/FFXI Update June/

And from BG...

New Spell/JA Animations:

*Holy II (This spell animation was reworked, so highly likely WHM and/or PLD will get it.)
* Sneak/Invis type White Magic (246/124; Literally looks like a combo spell of sneak and invisible)
* Sneak/Invis White Magic in AoE form (246/125)
* Sneak/Invis type Ninjutsu (246/126)
* New JA animations for COR, WAR, MNK, BLM, PLD, RNG, NIN, SAM, DRK, DNC (2 New JA), SCH (Libra)

Blue Magic (Gave nicknames to new animations):

"Aqua-Jet Spell" (246/127)
"Fire-Bomb Spell" (247/0)
Plenilune Embrace - Gnoles (247/1)
"Roar Debuff Spell" (247/2)
"Fly Discharge Spell" (247/3)
"Leaf Attack Spell" (247/4)
Regeneration - Sea Monks (247/5)
Battery Charge - Magic Pots (247/6)
Animating Wail - Qutrub (247/7)

jiggle

can't wait to find out about new bard and rdm spells :D

just capped my lv75s' buffers
just need 1xp for 76, come update, can't wait ><

all my plans to quit is now down the drain :lol

edit: those new armors are hideos

Terproerg

ive found an account i have active for this game (how i didnt notice it billing me is beyond me but meh) What server is gaf on again?

Teknoman

LIBRA?!

Finally :lol Said Scholar's should've had libra...but never thought they'd actually implement it. Better late than never I guess.

Rawk Hawk

Teknoman said:
LIBRA?!

Finally :lol Said Scholar's should've had libra...but never thought they'd actually implement it. Better late than never I guess.

Libra? Let's hope it's more helpful than Gauge. I can see it now:

SCH casts Libra on the Ice Element.
"This monster is ice based."

I don't know why I come into this thread and read it, makes me wish I never quit. Oh well, I have no chance of coming back as I lost my account and would not do this grind again with XIV so close :lol

Ravidrath

Kintaro said:
I weep to see how much of a grind they make these weapons. I wonder if they have the balls to have them be better than Relic/Mystic weapons as well.

My guess is that the Empyrean Weapons are like Augment Weapon Easy Mode... beat the thing or do some trials that overlap with it for some exclusive Augments.

They want our money for good items - something along the lines of new Relics/Mythics would not be something that most people would put money down for, I think.

Ravidrath said:
My guess is that the Empyrean Weapons are like Augment Weapon Easy Mode... beat the thing or do some trials that overlap with it for some exclusive Augments.

They want our money for good items - something along the lines of new Relics/Mythics would not be something that most people would put money down for, I think.

I'm expecting them to be relic/mythic class Magian weapons.

Ravidrath

pancakesandsex said:
I'm expecting them to be relic/mythic class Magian weapons.

If they start showing us AF3 dropping from this one, I could see that... maybe.

But right now the only thing they're touting are the weapons, which makes me think they're the reward.

Ravidrath

Kandinsky said:
Omg is that Barlight and Barlightra i see @1:00?!?!?!

People think it's actually Bardark and Bardarkra... since the ring being expunged is Dark.

And that's even better, really. Sleep/Bio resistance.

Kandinsky

Ravidrath said:
People think it's actually Bardark and Bardarkra... since the ring being expunged is Dark.

And that's even better, really. Sleep/Bio resistance.
Oh im sure if we get one, we will get the other, just seeing a somewhat confirmation makes me so happy :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Also...Wings of a Goddess done yet? :lol

I've been trying to follow the story along, but FFXI Wiki is such a piece of shit compared to any other Wiki for MMOs. So terrible.

B.K.

Does anyone have any idea why the game won't let me finish Limit Break 3? I have the three crests:

KvVp1.jpg

But when I talk to Maat, I get a line about Halver:

JrxT9.jpg

Maybe the game is just trying to tell me to quit playing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
B.K. said:
Does anyone have any idea why the game won't let me finish Limit Break 3? I have the three crests:

KvVp1.jpg

But when I talk to Maat, I get a line about Halver:

JrxT9.jpg

Maybe the game is just trying to tell me to quit playing.

Try zoning out and back in. That's all I can think of. According to Wki you don't need to do anything after getting crests other than talk to Maat. Then check your quest log, make sure it's there (Whence The Wind Blows).

B.K.

DrForester said:
Try zoning out and back in. That's all I can think of. According to Wki you don't need to do anything after getting crests other than talk to Maat. Then check your quest log, make sure it's there (Whence The Wind Blows).

I have. This isn't the first time I've tried to finish the quest.

B.K. said:
I have. This isn't the first time I've tried to finish the quest.

What mission are you on? Also, those are permanent key items. Just for the hell of it, check your quest log and see if "Whence blows the wind" is still active or if it's completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom