• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Taurus Hunting Grounds Camp #2
Stegotaur
47-49
Sacrarium

acrariumtaur.jpg

Here we go.

Got 3 Imperial Gold far. Need 17 more to get my turban, and I have 10k IS. Should have enough by the time they rescue the missing quiquirin so the guy accepts my donations. Kidnapping npcs sucks.

How do you get them back anyway?

Apparently my account got hacked. I always thought running noscript and not being an idiot was all I needed to avoid that issue. Guess not.

If FFXIV weren't on the horizon I'd be devastated. But still, I have 6 years of memories with that character. :(

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Teknoman said:
Taurus Hunting Grounds Camp #2
Stegotaur
47-49
Sacrarium

acrariumtaur.jpg

Here we go.
I still have the pop item that I farmed solo. The previous failed runs were due to the groups breaking before they got to me, not losses or lack of drops.

Mandoric

Banned
HappyBivouac said:
Apparently my account got hacked. I always thought running noscript and not being an idiot was all I needed to avoid that issue. Guess not.

If FFXIV weren't on the horizon I'd be devastated. But still, I have 6 years of memories with that character. :(

That's horrible. Have you tried contacting support? I'm pretty sure you get a one-time rollback, even without the security token.

Mandoric said:
That's horrible. Have you tried contacting support? I'm pretty sure you get a one-time rollback, even without the security token.

I followed the instructions on the site, and used their form to email them about it.

The response I got? (paraphrased) "If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact support via the form on the website."

HappyBivouac said:
I followed the instructions on the site, and used their form to email them about it.

The response I got? (paraphrased) "If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact support via the form on the website."

Can't you play the phone game?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So everyone still on Fairy? I think I'll transfer my character Gigagirl but I want to make 100% sure Gaffers are active there.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
pancakesandsex said:
Yep, we're very active.

Alright, done. Logging in. Again, username Gigagirl. I'm in the Dangruf Wadi looking for a Lizard Egg for my mission.

No, I'm not a girl.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm on vacation right now (with no FFXI machine) and will be back on Thursday if anyone was wondering why I haven't been on.

RurouniZel said:
Alright, done. Logging in. Again, username Gigagirl. I'm in the Dangruf Wadi looking for a Lizard Egg for my mission.

No, I'm not a girl.
Glad you finally joined - I bet you didnt think you could xp like that before ;)

Teknoman

Yeah, HG asked about that last night. Im like 10-15k from 70, so one more good exp party should have me there. Kinda want to start hunting for a testimony too.

Screenshot time:

14brlnq.png

33adjbb.png

2u8z7le.png

2lufg3a.png

243f4ms.png

15r0bk0.png

6gdbms.png

dx0ewz.png

m7h4m.png

34fazwy.png

2h7jg42.png

x0y4r7.png

osg3k4.png

2cfd10l.png

f2py86.png

fahr

Hey guys, i'm planning to transfer my character over to fairy to join the gaf ls (if that's ok). How do i find you once i'm there?

Im actually still pretty much a noob at ffxi. I've been playing casually off and on ever since the us launch, but still haven't completed the nation missions. I usually solo a few hours a week (hence the lack of progress) but i love the world and the gameplay. While i won't be of much use to anyone, i hope you don't mind me chatting it up with you on the neogaf ls. And maybe helping me with a mission or two. Ffxi has the best story of any mmorpg out there, and ive barely scratched the surface!

fahr said:
Hey guys, i'm planning to transfer my character over to fairy to join the gaf ls (if that's ok). How do i find you once i'm there?

Im actually still pretty much a noob at ffxi. I've been playing casually off and on ever since the us launch, but still haven't completed the nation missions. I usually solo a few hours a week (hence the lack of progress) but i love the world and the gameplay. While i won't be of much use to anyone, i hope you don't mind me chatting it up with you on the neogaf ls. And maybe helping me with a mission or two. Ffxi has the best story of any mmorpg out there, and ive barely scratched the surface!

Check the OP and send someone a tell in game.

Kandinsky

Ok so we going to start doing Limbus this coming thursday 9pm EST (meet in Port Jeuno), requirements are sea access and 15k gil, come in your favorite/highest job :p

If anyone have any questions or want to do it earlier, plz send tell ingame. Plan is to do it every Thursdays and Sundays, about the rules(if any rly) we will discuss them ingame.

Kandinsky said:
Ok so we going to start doing Limbus this coming thursday 9pm EST (meet in Port Jeuno), requirements are sea access and 15k gil, come in your favorite/highest job :p

If anyone have any questions or want to do it earlier, plz send tell ingame. Plan is to do it every Thursdays and Sundays, about the rules(if any rly) we will discuss them ingame.

:/

Zms are also starting back up tomorrow at 9 EST, hopefully we can get a good chunk done.

TAJ

Kandinsky said:

Sweet. That's late enough for me, even when I'm working a full schedule. I doubt I'll be home from vacation early enough on Thursday to make the first one, though.

Shouta

9 EST? Oof, I'd totally help with Limbus but that's 11am Friday for me and I'm at still teaching Elem school then.

For some reason my entire installation of the game screwed up when I partially downloaded the Steam version to get the CD-Keys.

I'll be reinstalling tonight, and I'm definitely up for Limbus tomorrow.

Pai Pai Master said:
For some reason my entire installation of the game screwed up when I partially downloaded the Steam version to get the CD-Keys.

I'll be reinstalling tonight, and I'm definitely up for Limbus tomorrow.

Gonna save you some time.

Uninstall the entire game from add/remove programs, uninstall the steam version too via steam. THEN redownload with steam. Patching should take like 3 hours off that version. I had the same problem.

Got a question for the FFXI vets. I quite playing about 3-4 years ago and want to get back in. I was thinking about buying the complete collection off of Steam. Will I be able to add the content I get with that that I don't already own to my old account?

Confusatron said:
Got a question for the FFXI vets. I quite playing about 3-4 years ago and want to get back in. I was thinking about buying the complete collection off of Steam. Will I be able to add the content I get with that that I don't already own to my old account?

Yep, you can add the cd key to your old account.

Mandoric

Banned
Ugrihd come back (U・x・U)

I got my Byakko Haidate yesterday, and I'm really beginning to fill out my non-Nyzul/lolNM TP gear. Just need earrings and rings, but I recently picked up my Pentasphere and I might be getting a Promy group together this week.

WS is a whole other story, but I'm not even thinking of that until I finish meriting Overwhelm, it's a far better use of my time.

jiggle

lucky!
3+ years of randomly checking the jungles and killing overgrown rose (to reset window) finally paid off!

first time i've seen the NM, but 1/1 on the ring :D

2hplm43.jpg

not as good as some of the mage rings now
but on my "to get before quitting" list

demigod

Nyzul static [Do You Need It?]

So far it's me, Sacan and Ryuho, we need 3 more that will show up. Need lvl 75 for it with Utsusemi: Ni at least.

Poop, I would but school will make me too unreliable; at least until my laptop is fixed. Good luck buttheads!

PS: Add-On campaign update, if anyone wants to catch up and start doing some of the later missions for all three. I'm on:

ACP: "Those Who Lurk in Shadows (II)" - Fei'Yin quest, which is followed by a BC fight.
Moogle: "An Errand! The Professor's Price" - Cardian sheeeit
Shantotto: "Enemy of the Empire (II)" - Tenshodo pop NM fight in Gustav tunnel

Pai Pai Master said:
Poop, I would but school will make me too unreliable; at least until my laptop is fixed. Good luck buttheads!

PS: Add-On campaign update, if anyone wants to catch up and start doing some of the later missions for all three. I'm on:

ACP: "Those Who Lurk in Shadows (II)" - Fei'Yin quest, which is followed by a BC fight.
Moogle: "An Errand! The Professor's Price" - Cardian sheeeit
Shantotto: "Enemy of the Empire (II)" - Tenshodo pop NM fight in Gustav tunnel

I can help with ACP, I'm gonna be plugging away at these after I finish ZMs for sure.

Teknoman

355px-VanaFest_2010_Confirmed%21_%2801-15-2010%29.jpg

It is our pleasure to announce that the next edition of VanaFest, Japan's premier Final Fantasy XI fan event, will be held on Sunday, February 28th 2010 in Tokyo!

Attendees can expect this year's event to be a veritable goldmine of mind-blowing news. Development and operation team members will engage in a talk session and divulge juicy pieces of information such as new content scheduled for upcoming version updates, planned job improvements, and other exciting milestones for the year 2010. The evolution of Final Fantasy XI is far from over, folks!

But save your awestruck faces for the special announcement...and be sure to hang on to your seats when it comes!

Even those unable to attend need not be disheartened! All the latest news and developments announced at the festival will be delivered to you hot off the press, so stay tuned!

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Oh how I miss this game with all my heart.

I was an original player from the launch of the PS2 version and I quit for good around 8 months ago.

My character was 75 MNK/NIN/WAR/RNG/DRK/SAM/DRG/BST lanky-ass elvaan. I started on Valefor and moved around a couple of times during the first server transfers, but I ended up back on Valefor and that's where I ended my run. I had just lost all the feeling the game used to give me.

I'll never forget the people I met and all the friends I made throughout my experience, and this still remains as my favorite game of all time, and the only one that has ever really had an affect on my life.

Cheers to everyone who keeps supporting this game, and I personally can't wait for FF14. :D

demonkaze

I keep thinking of coming back, not sure if I should or not. Just started aion up too (yes, I know ffxi is better but aion is new to me at the moment haha).

Are se still charging for world transfers, how much does it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom