• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Going to be fun (not) trying to climb Parradomo Tor with the new speed enhancements, 25% may not seem like a big number, but you really will feel it on areas like that where you need to move very carefully.

Mr. RHC

Interesting to see XI still going strong, that's what I think at least is going on with XI. But I guess everybody will migrate to XIV in the end.

ZetaEpyon

Interesting to see XI still going strong, that's what I think at least is going on with XI. But I guess everybody will migrate to XIV in the end.

Might be true if they were more similar, but they're very different games really. Certainly there's overlap in who would find them appealing, but I don't think it's a clear-cut case of 14 replacing 11 eventually...

isual

what do you guys think is the most valuable item to get from here ? I was thinking the imperial standing so I can get the maps in aht urghan

Ridill / Joyeuse / Byakko's Haidate / Genbu's Shield / Seiryu's Kote / Suzaku's Sune-Ate / Hauteclaire / Hofud / Valkyrie's Fork / Algol / Seveneyes / Nightfall / Nocturnus Mail / Nocturnus Helm / Undecennial Ring

50,000 Conquest Points / 50,000 Imperial Standing / 50,000 Allied Notes / 50,000 Bayld / 50,000 Guild Points

50 Beastmen's Seals / 50 Kindred's Seals / 50 Kindred's Crests / 50 High Kindred's Crests / Sacred 25 Kindred's Crests

3 copies of Rem's Tale, Chapter 1 / 3 copies of Rem's Tale, Chapter 2 / 3 copies of Rem's Tale, Chapter 3 / 3 copies of Rem's Tale, Chapter 4 / 3 copies of Rem's Tale, Chapter 5

Loona

Going to be fun (not) trying to climb Parradomo Tor with the new speed enhancements, 25% may not seem like a big number, but you really will feel it on areas like that where you need to move very carefully.

It should still be possible to switch between running and walking modes, and the latter should still be fine for that sort of thing.

Unrelated, but it's annoying how some items required for AF quests are rarely at the AH and aren't sold by NPCs.

Having climbed the mountain in fajin boots before (+18%) I can safely say this won't be an issue.

The folks on BG were joking about regain feathers being legitimately obtainable now.

what do you guys think is the most valuable item to get from here ? I was thinking the imperial standing so I can get the maps in aht urghan

Ridill / Joyeuse / Byakko's Haidate / Genbu's Shield / Seiryu's Kote / Suzaku's Sune-Ate / Hauteclaire / Hofud / Valkyrie's Fork / Algol / Seveneyes / Nightfall / Nocturnus Mail / Nocturnus Helm / Undecennial Ring

50,000 Conquest Points / 50,000 Imperial Standing / 50,000 Allied Notes / 50,000 Bayld / 50,000 Guild Points

50 Beastmen's Seals / 50 Kindred's Seals / 50 Kindred's Crests / 50 High Kindred's Crests / Sacred 25 Kindred's Crests

3 copies of Rem's Tale, Chapter 1 / 3 copies of Rem's Tale, Chapter 2 / 3 copies of Rem's Tale, Chapter 3 / 3 copies of Rem's Tale, Chapter 4 / 3 copies of Rem's Tale, Chapter 5

Guild points or sacred crests would likely be the biggest time savers. The gear is all just vanity stuff and not very useful at this point. 25 crests will get you more than 3 copies of rem's tale.

ZetaEpyon

Guild points or sacred crests would likely be the biggest time savers. The gear is all just vanity stuff and not very useful at this point. 25 crests will get you more than 3 copies of rem's tale.

I believe that 25 Sacred crests was an error in the English posting. Just checked the JP site and it's actually 50, which should get you quite a bit more than 3 Rem's tales.

isual

what are these rem's tales ?

i looked online and they seem to be part of a book or something.

what do they do exactly ?

Loona

Hmm, sacred kindred crests dropped from 100 to 30 points between login campaigns, so if the trade ratio in the update is still 3 to 1 regardless of type, I might just ise my unused points on lower seals.

Also, +2 items costing the same means I can use 200 of my remaining 300 points on an item to upgrade my +1 BLU pants.

The rank 5 skill prizes for the bonanza look damn handy too - I'l probably use mine on archery or marksmanship, since those can get expensive... Now which is more expensive, I wonder?...

Loona

Almost a year ago there was a poll to vote on favorite NPCs, and I guess that went toward picking Trust candidates... But did that many people really vote Naji?..,

Anyway, if Tenzen and Mihli are covered too, I wonder about Gessho - that'd be a fun one to take to Castle Oztroja, and maybe even the Altar Room, if these have more freedom and the current NPC companions...
Heck, Dynamis Windurst, since Gessho looks like a dyna yagudo anyway.
On a more modest scale, hoping for Curilla and Dalzakk, and getting Zeid.
I hope this stuff isn't a burden on inventory...

Almost a year ago there was a poll to vote on favorite NPCs, and I guess that went toward picking Trust candidates... But did that many people really vote Naji?..,

Anyway, if Tenzen and Mihli are covered too, I wonder about Gessho - that'd be a fun one to take to Castle Oztroja, and maybe even the Altar Room, if these have more freedom and the current NPC companions...
Heck, Dynamis Windurst, since Gessho looks like a dyna yagudo anyway.
On a more modest scale, hoping for Curilla and Dalzakk, and getting Zeid.
I hope this stuff isn't a burden on inventory...

Sounds like they are making it a learnable spell.

Few more days and we'll have the details. I Just want a Naja Salaheem npc so I can introduce monsters to my friend's spikey friend.

creid

Is there any indication that you'll be able to summon more than one helper at once? I couldn't tell from the trailer.

Loona

Is there any indication that you'll be able to summon more than one helper at once? I couldn't tell from the trailer.

I wouldn't count on it - a pet job subbing a pet job can't have both pet types out, so...

I'd consider it good news if we can use the current NPC type along with the a new one.

Ploid 3.0

Will I be able to get back in the game from the trial period with my character, or is it a from level 1, new account type of trial?

After playing almost a month of FFXIV and watching this trailer, I couldn't help but think that this game is still the best. I miss my jobs. :( BST still the best job I ever played in a rpg.

Will I be able to get back in the game from the trial period with my character, or is it a from level 1, new account type of trial?

After playing almost a month of FFXIV and watching this trailer, I couldn't help but think that this game is still the best. I miss my jobs. :( BST still the best job I ever played in a rpg.

There's 2 kinds of things going on:

-Trial account from level 1 (this is a really shitty trial and should only be used if you're super not sure on the game. The social features are crippled because they are afraid of RMT abuse. I won't even be able to trade you a linkshell.)

-Free temporary access for existing accounts, whose subscriptions have lapsed. - This is what you'll want to try out ploid. The details are in the post here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=723985

And just for you ploid:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20826/hunahpu

Ploid 3.0

Thanks for the information, and wow, I had no idea it was on steam. SE is going all out. It's funny to say but FFXI has nostalgia factor. Seeing that whm med, that elvaan tank animation, galka with a tail... looks like home. 11 years, wow.

Dat weapon, my goodness.

So today's the day huh? I think I might as well pick up Adoulin today off of Steam. Is there much for a LV 40 to do there or is it pretty much all high level stuff? Even if there isn't much to do I would love to just walk around new lands. Not just any kind of walking....it will be 25% faster!

It's scary how leaving this game for years off and on has given me such a great amount of content to catch up on. Don't think I could ever run out of stuff to do. I remember this post on Allakhazam that showed all the changes from JP launch till 2010 or so. It's shocking how far this game has come. Would love to see that again now.

So today's the day huh? I think I might as well pick up Adoulin today off of Steam. Is there much for a LV 40 to do there or is it pretty much all high level stuff? Even if there isn't much to do I would love to just walk around new lands. Not just any kind of walking....it will be 25% faster!

It's scary how leaving this game for years off and on has given me such a great amount of content to catch up on. Don't think I could ever run out of stuff to do. I remember this post on Allakhazam that showed all the changes from JP launch till 2010 or so. It's shocking how far this game has come. Would love to see that again now.

If you're buying the game you don't have to be level 40 for very long! You'll be limited of course by level and progress in storyline content but if you work at it you'll be able to do stuff with the majority of us sooner than later.

ZetaEpyon

Oh god, ilvl 119 reforged artifact armor. :eek:

Also, I need those slime items now.

BG has a pretty good thread for returning players that outlines a lot of the new content and changes:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/11...rs-Discussion-2-SoA-Homeless-Veterans-Edition

Wow, some of the new homepoint stuff...

• New home points have been erected at the following locations.
    Southern San d'Oria (J-9, M-5) / Northern San d'Oria (J-7, K-9) / Port San d'Oria (J-9, H-10) / Bastok Mines (K-8) / Bastok Markets (E-7, I-6) / Port Bastok (J-13) / Metalworks (I-8) / Windurst Waters (K-11) / Windurst Walls (C-12, I-11) / Port Windurst (B-4, L-4) / Windurst Woods (K-10, F-7, J-12) / Ru'Lude Gardens (I-9, F-9) / Upper Jeuno (I-11, G-9) / Lower Jeuno (I-5) / Port Jeuno (F-8) / Yughott Grotto (J-6) / Palborough Mines (H-10) / Giddeus (G-12) / Fei'Yin (K-8) / Quicksand Caves (D-5) / Den of Rancor (I-8) / Castle Zvahl Keep (G-7) / Ru'Aun Gardens (H-4, F-11, E-7, K-7, J-11) / Ceizak Battlegrounds (H-6) / Foret de Hennetiel (F-10) / Morimar Basalt Fields (E-5) / Yorcia Weald (E-9) / Marjami Ravine (H-7) / Kamihr Drifts (I-7)
  • Adventurers may now travel between home points.

If you're buying the game you don't have to be level 40 for very long! You'll be limited of course by level and progress in storyline content but if you work at it you'll be able to do stuff with the majority of us sooner than later.

Sounds good. I am gonna order the Steam release and sub right now. FF XIV really wasn't doing it for me tbh. I love the visuals, but the gameplay just felt off. I certainly wasn't getting the hooks that XI gave me. It's funny how I have never really gotten into an MMO since 2003 PC release of this. 10 years of this game makes me feel old tho.

Hopefully this time I stick around. I think I got a LS from you on a couple occasions and always ended up flaking out lol

BG has a pretty good thread for returning players that outlines a lot of the new content and changes:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/11...rs-Discussion-2-SoA-Homeless-Veterans-Edition

Excellent. Looks like some good reading to catch up on. Thanks.

Sgblues

Slice of Lucerewe Meat: This massive hunk of raw lucerewe flesh has a unique pungency not completely unlike that of a sopping wet Mithra.

tumblr_lvkcci08e61r75i3co1_250.gif

Loona

The combat content leans toward high levels in Adoulin, but there are plenty of missions and quests that mostly require some (now faster) running around, simpler if you can sneak/invis to be safe.

I wasn't expecting some of the new home pounts to be in dungeons, should be handy for some of the old content I'm still catching up on - they weren't too specific on the circumstances that make warps cost gil though...

It's weird in an interesting way that you can take (up to 3!...) Trust NPCs to Adoulin zones, unlike fellows, but can't zone while using them, which isn't an issue with fellows unless you enter some dungeons, battlefields or towns.
I really wasn't expecting Kupipi, but Curilla being in the 1st batch is great news.
(In my head this could also be a baby step toward one day making an offline version of the game a bit more possible)

This update is really huge.

I posted this in the other thread:

From what I'm hearing and seeing, the new systems, "Trust" and "Records of Eminence" are the single largest change to the mid/early game since level sync was introduced. It simultaneously attempts to solve the lack of low level gear availability on the AH, as well as give low level players and solo players a ton of shit to do.

I really think this increases the accessibility of the low-mid game in ways they have not done in a long time.

ZetaEpyon

This update is really huge.

I posted this in the other thread:

I really think this increases the accessibility of the low-mid game in ways they have not done in a long time.

One other major advantage to it that I see is that some of the rewards you can get are pretty solid even at endgame. So, it should smooth out the transition from midlevel to high level content much better than before.

One other major advantage to it that I see is that some of the rewards you can get are pretty solid even at endgame. So, it should smooth out the transition from midlevel to high level content much better than before.

From what aur was telling me there is 1-50 gear on the npc, and since at that point you start getting into JSE gear and relevant 75+ content, it makes sense that this is the cutoff.

ZetaEpyon

That certainly could be.

Mainly what I meant is that the points you'll be accumulating at lower levels (sparks) will still be useful once you get to 99 and need ilvl stuff. A far cry from all the older currencies like conquest points and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom